Desbreko Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [img]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/342/jonathonnu1.jpg[/img] [color=#4B0082][b]Name:[/b] Jonathon[/color]
Shy Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [quote name='Dragon Warrior][size=1']Quick answer: As many that sign up.[/size][/quote] [size=1]Only members not posting their own pictures can vote for the winners, yah? With so many entries it seems like the judge pool is going to be quite small, since anyone even remotely interested in the idea probably posted their own pictures. I plan on being cruel and unflinching in my criticism of these OtaKuties (since most are anything but.) -Shy[/size]
TheResplendent Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [FONT=Tahoma]I'm content with being amongst the judging portion of OB. Not that I prefer not to post pics of myself (I already have anyways), it's simply that I do not have a camera to use in such consistency. Otherwise i'd probably join as well. Though if i could figure out how to work with sending pics from my cell phone to my computer, i'd probably deal with that. I've been wrestling with the damn feature for a while now ><.[/FONT]
Dragon Warrior Posted December 29, 2006 Author Posted December 29, 2006 [QUOTE=Shy][size=1]Only members not posting their own pictures can vote for the winners, yah? With so many entries it seems like the judge pool is going to be quite small, since anyone even remotely interested in the idea probably posted their own pictures. I plan on being cruel and unflinching in my criticism of these OtaKuties (since most are anything but.) -Shy[/size][/QUOTE] That's an understandable concern, but I have confidence that since there's so much interest in competing, that the judging side will also have a substantial portion of interest. Did I just spell substantial right? It looks wrong to me. But anyways, yes, I'm already well aware of several people who plan to judge, so I think the turn out will be satisfying. Also, if someone doesn't post a pic in the round and gets disqualified (or for some other reason they are taken out of the competition), they may feel free to vote in the following rounds like anyone else. Charles and I have also discussed another part of this event that shall occur just before Round 1 begins. It'll be somewhat like a betting window you'd see at a horse race. That shall be further explained when the time comes :)
pooperson Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [quote name='Dragon Warrior']That's an understandable concern, but I have confidence that since there's so much interest in competing, that the judging side will also have a substantial portion of interest. Did I just spell substantial right? It looks wrong to me. [/quote] Why yes, yes you did spell "substantial" correctly. Just so you know.
Raiyuu Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [FONT=Trebuchet MS][b][color=red]Phaedrus,[/color][/b] if you want to take part please re-post with a picture that doesn't blow up the Boards like a balloon. DW, I'd like to suggest that as an addendum to the rules - pics that distort the tables on which the site is built should incur penalty points. Because, you know, surfers [i]hate[/i] to scroll sideways. I'll be in there judging, too. I don't have a camera either, so if I wanted to take part I'd have to rely on someone having taken an appropriate picture and posted it on Facebook some time in the past.[/FONT]
DeathKnight Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [color=crimson]I have a camera I could use regularly but I'd rather unleash criticism on you guys. It was a hard decision, for reals.[/color]
Raina Posted December 30, 2006 Posted December 30, 2006 [CENTER][IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o157/LittleRaina/asya.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR=Blue][CENTER]Name: Asya (I know I'm wearing a Chinese dress, even though I'm not Chinese ^^')[/CENTER][/COLOR]
Karma Posted December 30, 2006 Posted December 30, 2006 [center][img]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m46/xYourxOnlyxHope1256/bestpicever.jpg[/img][/center] [center] [/center] [center]Name: DJ [[Danielle Joy]][/center]
Kitty Posted December 30, 2006 Posted December 30, 2006 [SIZE=1][CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/PicKitty/PicchusofMeh/IceSkating1v2.png[/IMG] [b]Name:[/b] Revey[/CENTER][/SIZE]
Sinistra Posted December 30, 2006 Posted December 30, 2006 [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Meh...why not take a chance? Name: Rhiannon a.k.a Rika[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Dragon Warrior Posted December 30, 2006 Author Posted December 30, 2006 [QUOTE=Raiyuu][FONT=Trebuchet MS][b][color=red]Phaedrus,[/color][/b] if you want to take part please re-post with a picture that doesn't blow up the Boards like a balloon. DW, I'd like to suggest that as an addendum to the rules - pics that distort the tables on which the site is built should incur penalty points. Because, you know, surfers [i]hate[/i] to scroll sideways. I'll be in there judging, too. I don't have a camera either, so if I wanted to take part I'd have to rely on someone having taken an appropriate picture and posted it on Facebook some time in the past.[/FONT][/QUOTE] Yes, I don't even know why I never wrote down that rule. I planned to make sure that was a rule when the competition starts. I have also edited the first post with said rule. We're set :)
John Posted December 31, 2006 Posted December 31, 2006 [img]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8349/beastjw6.jpg[/img] [b]Name:[/b] John
Baron Samedi Posted December 31, 2006 Posted December 31, 2006 [size=1]John, I just get this feeling like I've seen you someplace before.... hmmm. [center] [img]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9633/img0057smallrm5.jpg[/img] [b]Josh[/b][/center][/size]
Burori Posted January 1, 2007 Posted January 1, 2007 If you need a judge that can be fair and truthful I can participate.
celestialcharm Posted January 1, 2007 Posted January 1, 2007 [IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/celestialcharm/DSCF14492.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Arial Narrow][B]Name:[/B] Charlene[/FONT][/COLOR]
Blayze Posted January 1, 2007 Posted January 1, 2007 [center][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]How could I resist?[/font] [font=Lucida Sans Unicode] [img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b16/Blayze54/Phil2.jpg[/img] [b]Name: [/b]Phil [/font][/center]
Darren Posted January 1, 2007 Posted January 1, 2007 My only concern is biased votes. Obviously the voters will vote for people who they think is actually cute. Also, they'll vote for the more popular members on OB or the members with more influence such as mods... Seeing that there are over 10 mods, it doesn't seem very fair. So my question, Dragon Warrior, is there some sort of system that you've set up besides simply voting? Does your personal vote count for more or something? I'm just curious...
Ozymandius Jones Posted January 1, 2007 Posted January 1, 2007 [SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrange][QUOTE=Darren]My only concern is biased votes. Obviously the voters will vote for people who they think is actually cute. Also, they'll vote for the more popular members on OB or the members with more influence such as mods... Seeing that there are over 10 mods, it doesn't seem very fair. So my question, Dragon Warrior, is there some sort of system that you've set up besides simply voting? Does your personal vote count for more or something? I'm just curious...[/QUOTE] [quote name='Dragon Warrior']I also mentioned questions. Yes, you will be interviewed each round like some kind of Miss America pagaent. We want to get to know you a little more and sometimes, looks aren't everything. People can be attractive because their personality is great. How else do you think I get women.[/quote] Just being an influencial person like a mod, or being "cute" does not automatically give you a winning, friendly and loveable personality. If we're being judged on a mix of the two, I would imagine it wouldn't turn out to just be "LOL HE'S CUTE OMZ SHE'S UGLY". :) [QUOTE=John][img]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8349/beastjw6.jpg[/img] [B]Name:[/B] John[/quote] John, your sideburns are a thing of beauty. May I have your autograph?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Dragon Warrior Posted January 1, 2007 Author Posted January 1, 2007 [size=1]Really, what Ozy just said is the truth of it. There's not really any system you can come up with to guarantee nonbiased votes, but the majority of those planning to vote are the more active members anyways. The more you've come to this community, the less chance you are to be so biased in regards to mods, looks, etc. To keep this contest from just being about mere looks, the question and interview system was created to represent personality as well. But this contest, though asking who's "Otakute," is more about personality than anything. The pictures aren't to show how attractive you are, but more how fun you can be with a camera and how artistic you can get. That's what it truely means to be Otakute. As Ozy said, mods don't always get all the glory and neither do the "more popular members." I, for one, will simply vote according to the rules. I cannot stop everyone from voting biased, but I've been here a long time and I believe we'll get the majority of the votes from people who participate fairly. I'm sure that probably doesn't make you feel better about it, but also remember--it's all for fun ;) This isn't American Idol.[/size]
Darren Posted January 2, 2007 Posted January 2, 2007 [QUOTE=Dragon Warrior][size=1]Really, what Ozy just said is the truth of it. There's not really any system you can come up with to guarantee nonbiased votes, but the majority of those planning to vote are the more active members anyways. The more you've come to this community, the less chance you are to be so biased in regards to mods, looks, etc. To keep this contest from just being about mere looks, the question and interview system was created to represent personality as well. But this contest, though asking who's "Otakute," is more about personality than anything. The pictures aren't to show how attractive you are, but more how fun you can be with a camera and how artistic you can get. That's what it truely means to be Otakute. As Ozy said, mods don't always get all the glory and neither do the "more popular members." I, for one, will simply vote according to the rules. I cannot stop everyone from voting biased, but I've been here a long time and I believe we'll get the majority of the votes from people who participate fairly. I'm sure that probably doesn't make you feel better about it, but also remember--it's all for fun ;) This isn't American Idol.[/size][/QUOTE] Well, actually yes, it makes me feel better. I was just wondering if that was something that you saw a problem or if you'd given it some thought. :animesmil And that's too bad that it's not American Idol... Dang, my competitive nature just won't let me take this lightly, but I'm good with a camera anyway... So thanks!
Sara Posted January 2, 2007 Posted January 2, 2007 [QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]I have a camera I could use regularly but I'd rather unleash criticism on you guys. It was a hard decision, for reals.[/color][/QUOTE][color=#b0000b][size=1]What a jerk. Bring it, Handsome. =p [center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25996&stc=1[/img] [b]Name[/b]: Sara.[/color][/size][/center]
Lady Asphyxia Posted January 2, 2007 Posted January 2, 2007 [center][img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1599/katefv7.png[/img] [/center] [center][color=DarkGreen][size=1][b]Name: [/b]Kat.[/size][/color] [/center]
DeadSeraphim Posted January 2, 2007 Posted January 2, 2007 [size=1][color=indigo][font=arial][center][img]http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/5478/christianbale2dz1.jpg[/img] Dead[/center][/font][/color][/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now