OtakuBoards

Why are you here on Otakuboards?

Adahn

[size=2]Now that I've got your attention, I will do my best to make this thread live up to its title.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]There you are, probably sitting in a chair in front of a computer screen, and you're being asked [i]why[/i]. You're probably wondering to yourself right now why I made the preceding statement. The reason, of course, is that what you see here is leading up to a question, and this little introduction is a part of the process of being asked this particular question. That first sentence, then, is valid so long as I [i]do[/i] type the words you have been led to believe will appear. Unfortunately, I will not do this. You and I both know the question, even though it has [i]technically[/i] not been asked.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I am here because I like to write, and I like for others to see what I write. I enjoy being nonsensical, spiritual, argumentative, and persuasive. Ultimately, I want to be an effective enough writer to make each and every one of you like myself. It will be difficult without a physical form, but I will do my utmost to bend your personalities until they are of a shape with my own.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I like to make up crap and see if people will believe me. I speak the truth in such a way that you will [i]not[/i] believe me. Truth and knowledge are [i]mine[/i], and any effort I make to share is a poisoned one. This is my place to be selfish, uncaring, and unendurable, without any fear of real consequences. Here I am immortal, untouchable, and the only beauty perceivable is that which I craft with my hands. Here, you live through my work, and I through yours. This is the only art with which I am competent.[/size]
[size=2][/size]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Adahn]
[size=2]I like to make up crap and see if people will believe me. I speak the truth in such a way that you will [i]not[/i] believe me. Truth and knowledge are [i]mine[/i], and any effort I make to share is a poisoned one. This is my place to be selfish, uncaring, and unendurable, without any fear of real consequences. Here I am immortal, untouchable, and the only beauty perceivable is that which I craft with my hands. Here, you live through my work, and I through yours. This is the only art with which I am competent.[/size]
[size=2][/size][/QUOTE]

this pretty much sums up the definition of a lawyer.

hmm, i see you do like to write. Very trippy, very intelligently. Nice. I really want to know what is the question i'm suppose to believe is going to be brought up. Better yet, how are you going to bend our personalities into you? Why is agent Smith from the Matrix running though my head?

[QUOTE=Adahn][size=2]Now that I've got your attention, I will do my best to make this thread live up to its title.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]The reason, of course, is that what you see here is leading up to a question, and this little introduction is a part of the process of being asked this particular question. That first sentence, then, is valid so long as I [i]do[/i] type the words you have been led to believe will appear. Unfortunately, I will not do this. You and I both know the question, even though it has [i]technically[/i] not been asked.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]So what, exactly, is the point of this thread? To which of your statements or "questions" am I supposed to reply? Or am I to simply comment on your post?[/SIZE]

[size=2]Oh dear, I truly thought it would be obvious to everyone, but my convulutedness seems to have befuddled you.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][Quote=Adahn][/size]
[size=2]There you are, probably sitting in a chair in front of a computer screen, and you're being asked [i]why[/i].[/quote][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]The question, then, is why are you here on Otakuboards?[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][Quote=Adahn][/size]
[size=2]You're probably wondering to yourself right now why I made the preceding statement. The reason, of course, is that what you see here is leading up to a question, and this little introduction is a part of the process of being asked this particular question.[/quote][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I wrote this with Smith's voice in my head.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]DK, I tried.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]taperson,[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]It's interesting that you omitted the part of the post containing the pseudoquestion.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]ah, tis rhetoric. Constent repitition. Relentless stagger. A 'home base'. time unrelenting. Thoroughly constutional connection. Reverberations referred mindedly spacial pertinence. Equivicality towards being. Ancient habitual wonders. Repeated attempts... personal stalactites (a common thread, seemingly). Undaltered faith.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Hmm. It seems we meet again.

[quote name='Adahn']There you are, probably sitting in a chair in front of a computer screen, and you're being asked why.[/quote]

"Why", you ask?

It's quite simple really. I give you the answer in one word.

[I]Because.[/I]

(Let's see where the rabbit hole takes us, hmm?)[/FONT]

Adahn, I don't know why, but your threads intrigue me. :)

As for the question, I'm curious as to what it is. I'm not quite philosophical enough to know what it is. Unless it is [I]Why?[/I] Well, because I can. I'm here (a lot more than I used to be) and like you said, I am untouchable here. I can voice my opinion, my feelings, my very [I]heart[/I] here; without worrying about any repercussions. (sp?)

The OB rocks my socks off.

[font=Tahoma]Allamorph,

Because is the [i]perfect[/i] answer. Its simplicity only adds to its mysteriousness. It encompasses every reason you are here, without divulging your secrets. Rather than bare your soul, you only hint at its enormity, and we can but stand in awe of what must be infinitely vast. Tell me no more, I could not stand to think less of you than the perfection my mind's eye sees.

destertphoenix,

You do indeed deserve the most metaphorical of metaphorical cookies. Its half-saucer shape is curved to perfection, and the warmth that rises from it carries every memory of self-satisfaction you may recall. It is a token of your accomplishment here, and may you enjoy its presence until you take it into yourself, allowing it to come full circle. It is not I who made the cookie, but you, and to its creator shall it return.

Minako,

Yes, why is it that we are here if not to unload the weight of our soul onto the word? It is cathartic, more so than writing thoughts to ourselves. There are many things one would rather have hidden, but we all have so much more we would like to share. Also, I do believe your representation of the word questioned is without flaw.

Retribution,

Why must you speak so of pseudophilosophy? I wish to be a philosopher, but I have no experience, no training to give weight to my words. So, I write in this manner, choosing words and forms that are dense by their very [i]nature[/i]. This thread asks but a simple question. Some choose to answer in the voice of what has already been written, others as they are most comfortable, and others still ignore the question, attempting to undermine a thread which others may enjoy.
[/font]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1]Adahn, your topic is ridiculously pseudophilosophical and as a result, comes off only as [b]un[/b']interesting and mildly irritating.[/size][/quote]

[color=dimgray] Thank god, I was waiting for someone to say that. [/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=dimgray'] Thank god, I was waiting for someone to say that. [/color][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Why does it seem like every time Adahn starts a topic it's littered with sarcastic, breif, off-topic posts which to nothing but to degrade the conversation and generate needless controversy? Just tell us why your here, why you gotta be hatin?

Anywho, Adahn, you respond to all but my post? I'm hurt :p[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Wouldn't it have been easier to just ask "Why are you on OB?" instead of trying to impress us with your fancy wording? Now you're just confusing people and not getting the answer you were originally looking for.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']Why does it seem like every time Adahn starts a topic it's littered with sarcastic, breif, off-topic posts which to nothing but to degrade the conversation and generate needless controversy? Just tell us why your here, why you gotta be hatin?[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]And if we're here to hate?[/color]

[quote name='White][color=dimgray][font=Tahoma]Wouldn't it have been easier to just ask "Why are you on OB?" instead of trying to impress us with your fancy wording? Now you're just confusing people and not getting the answer you were originally looking for.[/font'][/color][/quote][size=2]Why must you ask questions so difficult to answer? Yes, it would have been easier to ask "Why are you on OB?", but it would have been much less [i]interesting.[/i] How kind of you to point out that I'm trying to [i]impress[/i] people. I do so like to be called [i]fancy[/i]. I can hardly contain my joy at receiving compliments from one so distinguished as yourself. I sincerely apologize for confusing you, and I regret that you choose not to answer my question, like Retribution and Lunox.[/size]

[size=2]Why do I get the sense that you are all somehow [i]annoyed[/i] with me? I'm beginning to think that your annoyance stems from the feeling that you [i]are[/i] impressed with me. Why else would you attack me, unless I have provoked you somehow? My provocation, then, must be a challenge to your own intelligence. You must be so [i]insecure[/i] to be threatened by one such as I.[/size]

[size=2]I do hope you can overcome your tendency to strike out at perceived threats in this manner. It would be much more [i]useful[/i] for you to improve yourself until the vastness of my superiority ceases to threaten.[/size]

[size=2]Now, before you take offence, as you are apt to do, why not join me in this little game? Speak in a different voice, and see if it does not amuse you as much as it does me.[/size]

[size=2]I hope you have a most wonderful day, as mine has been made better by your words and your unique presence.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]EDIT: DB, my friend, I would respond to your posts if I could squeeze but an inkling of sense out of them.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]@ Adahn: Irony. Responsive action duplication. Invisible enactments. I don't know how to spell half of what I'm saying. To what voice spoken withdrawn?

@ DeathKnight: Then say it, don't spray it.

[B]EDIT[/B]: because Adahn doesnt understand them, heres a translation of the things I've said. (Why can't people just derive their own meanings?)

[I]Stalactite ambitions. Rationality de-loused? Perhaps. Wither oppinion, fortify self-righotous citadel. Adahn, the temperal lobe. Perception's inquiry contextualixed? Blurred colors.[/I]

You've got high hopes. Are you being irrational? Perhaps. Destroy opinions, formulate your mind withing ours. Adahn, the mind ruler. Doees this thread pertain to perceptions? I'm confused.

[I]ah, tis rhetoric. Constent repitition. Relentless stagger. A 'home base'. time unrelenting. Thoroughly constutional connection. Reverberations referred mindedly spacial pertinence. Equivicality towards being. Ancient habitual wonders. Repeated attempts... personal stalactites (a common thread, seemingly). Undaltered faith[/I]

Ah, that's what you meant. For me, it's repitition. Always staggering, using this site as a cruth or "home base". i've been here a while. I feel like I have a connection to it. (i don't remember what I meant by the next sentence) It is part of my mind. A habit I've had. I've tried towards something which I hold tight to attaining (a common thread, seemingly). I have faith in OB.

[B]EDIT [/B] [B]AGAIN[/B]: as for this last post...

[I]Irony. Responsive action duplication. Invisible enactments. I don't know how to spell half of what I'm saying. To what voice spoken withdrawn?[/I]

How ironic. you don't understand what I'm saying, but you want everyone to change their speech patterns. I don't know how to spell half of what I'm saying (that was literal) So, what voice do you suggest?[/COLOR]

[quote name='Adahn][size=2]I'm beginning to think that your annoyance stems from the feeling that you [i]are[/i] impressed with me. Why else would you attack me, unless I have provoked you somehow? My provocation, then, must be a challenge to your own intelligence. You must be so [i]insecure[/i'] to be threatened by one such as I.[/size][/quote][size=1]Don't flatter yourself. I'm not impressed with people who can't communicate what they mean to say clearly and concisely.

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy']Why does it seem like every time Adahn starts a topic it's littered with sarcastic, breif, off-topic posts which to nothing but to degrade the conversation and generate needless controversy? Just tell us why your here, why you gotta be hatin?[/quote]Adahn can create pretty good topics (see the gay marriage one), and I participate actively in those. But topics created to essentially ramble on philosophically are rarely if ever good ones. To quote Shakespeare, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I don't ask for much, just a topic that asks a question without being superfluously roundabout or long winded. Just ask "Why are you on OB?", and you have a decent topic.[/size]

[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]Don't flatter yourself. I'm not impressed with people who can't communicate what they mean to say clearly and concisely.

Adahn can create pretty good topics (see the gay marriage one), and I participate actively in those. But topics created to essentially ramble on philosophically are rarely if ever good ones. To quote Shakespeare, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I don't ask for much, just a topic that asks a question without being superfluously roundabout or long winded. Just ask "Why are you on OB?", and you have a decent topic.[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I accept that oppinion, but that's what people should say up-front instead of being snide and disrespectful with meaningless and cruel posts that I can't help but wonder how they aren't against the rules. (and I'm not stabbing at you personally or maybe even at all)

Even if you think he's crazy, at least he's being respectful.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][color=DarkOrange']I accept that oppinion, but that's what people should say up-front instead of being snide and disrespectful with meaningless and cruel posts that I can't help but wonder how they aren't against the rules.[/color][/quote] Snide? Maybe. Meaningless? Obviously not.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][QUOTE=Adahn]Now that I've got your attention, I will do my best to make this thread live up to its title.

There you are, probably sitting in a chair in front of a computer screen, and you're being asked [i]why[/i]. You're probably wondering to yourself right now why I made the preceding statement. The reason, of course, is that what you see here is leading up to a question, and this little introduction is a part of the process of being asked this particular question. That first sentence, then, is valid so long as I [i]do[/i] type the words you have been led to believe will appear. Unfortunately, I will not do this. You and I both know the question, even though it has [i]technically[/i] not been asked.[/QUOTE]Actually I do not know the question you are going to ask, it could be anything from what do you think is an interesting topic to what do you like about OB. In this respect I would have to say you are going on the false premises that we can somehow either read your mind or perceive what your original intention was. The replies in this thread indicate that people did not know what your question is and realistically, how could they? [quote name='Adahn][size=2]I am here because I like to write, and I like for others to see what I write. I enjoy being nonsensical, spiritual, argumentative, and persuasive. Ultimately, I want to be an effective enough writer to make each and every one of you like myself. It will be difficult without a physical form, but I will do my utmost to bend your personalities until they are of a shape with my own.[/size][/QUOTE]Right now, other than the nonsensical and argumentative part, you have not succeeded in the spirituals or persuasive part from my point of view. You have created the beginning of a discussion but you have not followed up as the very beginning failed to give people a direction to take with the conversation. If you are going to bend someone?s personalities (something I do not think you can actually do) you would first need to give them a direction to take, unless being confusing is the direction you have chosen to start with. In that case you have succeeded. [QUOTE=Adahn][size=2]I like to make up crap and see if people will believe me. I speak the truth in such a way that you will [i]not[/i] believe me. Truth and knowledge are [i]mine[/i'], and any effort I make to share is a poisoned one. This is my place to be selfish, uncaring, and unendurable, without any fear of real consequences. Here I am immortal, untouchable, and the only beauty perceivable is that which I craft with my hands. Here, you live through my work, and I through yours. This is the only art with which I am competent.[/size][/quote]I like to remind people that for the purpose of discussion it is a must to be clear on what your intended topic is.
[INDENT][B]When creating a thread please take into consideration that your title should have relevance to the thread?s topic.[/B]

[B]Also, a thread?s main topic of discussion should be something that can spark an intelligent discussion of some form, and avoid spam.[/B][/INDENT]
I can understand if you wish to make your topics more interesting, however, we still expect a certain amount of clarity so that it avoids the type of confusion I?ve been seeing in this thread so far Adahn. The question has been clarified so the thread will stay open, but next time I expect you to be clearer on your choice of topic. Like the Christianity and Gay Marriage thread, the topic made it clear as to what the discussion would be about. [quote name='Adahn][size=2]Why must you ask questions so difficult to answer? Yes, it would have been easier to ask "Why are you on OB?", but it would have been much less [i]interesting.[/i] How kind of you to point out that I'm trying to [i]impress[/i] people. I do so like to be called [i]fancy[/i']. I can hardly contain my joy at receiving compliments from one so distinguished as yourself. I sincerely apologize for confusing you, and I regret that you choose not to answer my question, like Retribution and Lunox.[/size][/quote]Less confusing is a better term Adahn and I will be changing the title of the thread to match the real intent. If people wish to continue with that topic feel free, but continuing the pointless snipping going on here will result in it being closed.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Yo, guys, lay off the poor dude. His arguments may be verbosely meaningless, and somewhat irritating sometimes, but he just likes to hear himself talk. That's about it. That's all this thread is here for.

So, come on. Somebody out-blither him already. (^_^)[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Yo, guys, lay off the poor dude. His arguments may be verbosely meaningless, and somewhat irritating sometimes, but he just likes to hear himself talk. That's about it. That's all this thread is here for.

So, come on. Somebody out-blither him already. (^_^)[/FONT][/QUOTE]

One of the moderators already revamped this thread to the big meaning of " why are you here on the OB"

well since i'm already typing and i just need to find an excuse to procrastinate from my homework just a little bit longer, i guess i might as well put my input in.

I'm here, because i was bored one day. I was a big fan of the artwork and wallpapers of theotaku.com, so i stuck around for that. I don't know how long ago i've signed up, but i just decided to talk here. And well, here i am now.