OtakuBoards

Favourite type of sock!

Sephiroth

[COLOR=DarkRed]A classic thread such as this deserves to be resurrected, it would be criminal not to

I like black cotton socks, can't ever go wrong with it, comfortable and goes with almost anything!

I currently enjoy ankle length socks! This ankle sock addiction began a few year's ago when I went to the US

I don't like the white wooly socks I used to wear as a kid though, especially during sports, my feet used to get way too sweaty (too much info?)

Before I forget, shoutouts to any old OB member's who still remember me :sweat:

(Yes, I realise I probably released something unholy on OB by resurrecting this thread :( )[/COLOR]

:devil:

I bought my mom and sister these soft, fuzzy socks for Christmas* (I forget what the brand was, but the slogan was something about living happily, and they were [i]really[/i] darn fuzzy). Later I got some for myself as well. They don't feel like normal socks--it's more akin to having your feet turn into cuddly stuffed animals.

*I gave them other stuff as well--not that the right socks wouldn't be a magnificent gift by themselves.

Least favorite type of sock: toe socks.

~Dagger~

[color=#b0000b][size=1]Word up, Sephy!

I love novelty socks. Almost all of my socks are colored, patterned, or otherwise unique. I only have about four indistinguishable pairs. I really love knee-high striped socks?they're a lot of fun, and they keep my legs a little warmer in this crazy April snow. My favorite socks are probably knee-high rainbow-striped once, but I also have a couple pairs of two-color striped socks that are super fluffy, and I love wearing those, too.

Toe socks can be fun once in a while, but I always sort of feel like they're cutting off my circulation. Alarming.[/size][/color]

[color=#9933ff]Sephy! *squeal* ^__^;; (*does most definitely remember you*)

I have to say the sock I wear the most is the classic white sock, double rolled.

I have been interested for a long time in wearing the "mitten sock" (you know, with flip flops, Japanese style), but have not yet found a place where I can buy such a sock. ><;

I love Christmas socks, and every year I tell my mom, "Make sure you buy me Christmas socks as my stocking stuffer!" :D[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I honestly pay little to know attention to the socks I put on. I try to make sure that they are at least around the same length, but I don't even care if they match. I'm no fan of thin socks, cuz once they're outside of your shoe they no longer have a purpose. I guess I'm more a fan of thick socks.

I prefer ankle-length to longer ones by a long shot. i don't understand long sock - i never see people wear them pulled out, and when I've tried, they always end up falling back down anyway. Not to mention they make your ankles all sweaty anyway.

I like being able to slide around my kitchen in socks, but I can't cuz my new house has a type of floor not good for it. because of that, I can't see myslf wearing socks at all in the house much more.

I only ever wear them when i go to school anyway. If I'm going out any other time I just go without em. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrange]Ankle socks simply rock and the colors...don't forget the colors (And Designs.)! My sock draw (Well sort of a sock draw, it varies time to time.) consist of many ankle socks from white through whatever color I need to match with my appearance. But to narrow it down, I do have a pair of favorite socks. They are black ankle socks with the cherries on the opposite sides and yes I know my socks aren't so friggin' special. But I like them, plus black is sexy and the cherries match one of my white hooded shirts with little cherries on them. Now I know it's not a black shirt, but white and cherry socks...no way.

My least favorite would be the semi high cotton socks of doom. Yes, these socks are good for the cold weather, but they are too itchy and plain. I much prefer comfy ones with colors and/or designs on them. Anyways, socks are cool to talk about (So random and fun.) and welcome back Sephy (I do recall you).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Sephiroth][COLOR=DarkRed]I like black cotton socks, can't ever go wrong with it, comfortable and goes with almost anything!

I currently enjoy ankle length socks! This ankle sock addiction began a few year's ago when I went to the US[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Say woooord. Black socks and ankle socks are excellent choices indeed. Ankle socks only in the summer, plz. But standard white tube sox 4 da wintr.[/size]

[size=1]I used to never care what kind I'd wear. Usually my mom would just buy me one of those bargain packs of 24 pairs of white tube socks.

Buuut, times have changed, and so has my sock collection.
Since I wear high-tops, tube socks are kind of... awkward. So, I usually get ankle socks. Even though no one can see the sock, or the patterns... I still like a little life in my socks. So, patterns are always fun.

I think my favorite pair of socks are my fox ankle socks. I got them at David&Goliath for a ridiculous price, but I was in Vegas and thought, "To hell with prices..." and bought them. Haha! They were thin, though, and got holes in the soles incredibly fast. Now they are almost unwearable. ;_;[/size]

[font=arial][size=1] Good to see you back, Sephiroth! I was Cloud Strife00 back in the day.

I'm a big fan of ankle socks unless I'm wearing boots over them, or if it's cold out and I'm just lounging around shoeless inside my house. I wear longer socks if I'm wearing boots, and although I don't own a pair, I love those really soft sweater-like socks. I want a pair or two and I don't care how girly they are! haha!

It should also be noted that I have really sensitive and pliable skin. Around both of my ankles is a permanent(?) ring where the elastic band goes around the top of the ankle socks. You know, a dent all the way around. Ugh.[/font][/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed]This is the third time that this thread topic has been resurrected. Crazy...it must be that popular.

For me, I prefer anklet socks more than anything. Black and white are my two favorite colors. Mainly because I usually wear jeans or black. I love my black.

For roller blading and snowboarding, I typically preferlonger socks because padding and warm equals comfort for my poor feet when I abuse them with sports.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma]Hm, ankle socks seem to be quite popular so far. While I admit i love ankle socks on a girl, I prefer normal tube socks for myself. Never found them to be uncomfortable and guess i'm just used to em. Of the articles of clothing I wear, i am probably least picky about my socks. Though I will probably never wear those individual toe socks, lol.

Oh, and being required to dress up in formal attire a lot back in high school...I can firmly say that I've had my share of black dress socks for a lifetime. Though I doubt i've seen the last of them either.[/font]

I like heavy socks that act as cushions for my feet. In my line of work where I am on my feet all day, I can't stand anything else. Thin socks don't do anything for me.

[quote][color=#8b0000](Yes, I realise I probably released something unholy on OB by resurrecting this thread :( )[/color]
[/quote]
[img]http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5230/unholyla8.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Sephiroth][COLOR=DarkRed']I like black cotton socks, can't ever go wrong with it, comfortable and goes with almost anything![/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Nothing to add to that.

That said, I've a pair of gold coloured silk socks I got in Australia last year that pwn all the other pairs in my drawer. They're so damn comfortable it's wrong.

Good to see a few more Oldies are making their return.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Actually I?m really quite picky about what socks I will wear. As much as I love the decorative socks and fun looking ones I have problems with both my ankles and feet. So at my doctor?s recommendation I picked up a pair of Thorlo?s socks. They are suppose to be designed to keep your feet warm and other good things like helping to prevent blisters when you go hiking.

They are so downright comfy and comfortable on my feet that I?ve yet to find another brand of sock that does as good a job as they do. Now they are the only socks I get. They cost more, but unlike the socks I use to get, they easily last over 5 years before wearing out, so in the long run they aren?t that much more than the regular ankle socks I use to get at Mervyns. Those had to be replaced every 8 months to a year since they wore out so quickly.

I usually get a combination of ankle socks and the next kind that go up higher, but wear like ankle socks since I fold the extra back down. And speaking of socks, I need to go and get some. ^_^[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sephiroth][COLOR=DarkRed']Before I forget, shoutouts to any old OB member's who still remember me :sweat:[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]Who can forget.

I like white socks. Warm white socks. Until the Texas summer hits and I convert to sock-free sandal mode.

Nothing flashy or colorful. Just white. My socks don't really need to say much about me more than "hey, this guy wears socks. neat. I wear socks too!"[/color]

[SIZE=1]I've gone through fazes. As a child it was whatever my mom bought me, in middle school I really only liked "normal"(not sure whatthey would be called)legnth socks with the Tommy Hilfiger logo on them. They were white with that little logo on the top of the ankle/shin/whatever. I don't know why I liked them so much but I did. I actually still have them too, heh. Although, I think they've stopped making them in that length because I can't find them anymore. I also had the occational colorful socks with some pattern on them.

So then I shifted to plane white Hanes socks. Wore these forver. I was always strongly against 'all' ankle socks. I [i]hated[/i] the way they looked.

Of course last year I was unwillingly(or not)introduced to ankle socks. Not the ones you can't see with your shoes on, the ones alittle higher up; whatever they're called. Now I love them, lol! They're the best for summer too, so much extra breath-eage! So now its all the white ankle socks for me; my older Hanes and Hilfiger socks get too warm for my footsies. I'll wear em' when I'm out of the others though. XD

I do still wear colorful patternized socks to bed though, they're perfect for this. I usually put lotion on my feet then put these socks on, since they're pretty thin and breathable. Doing my Taekwondo can really do a number on your feet, so yeah, its a must. Yummy, no? ^_~;

I sure can talk alot about socks.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]No favorite type of sock for me. I tend to mostly wear plain white turncuff anklet socks. About the only distinction is that I get some that are thicker for winter and some that are more light weight for the summer. Unless I'm wearing sandals. I love the feel of sunshine on my feet so at that point the socks get stuffed back into their drawer until it gets cold again.[/COLOR]

Keeping my feet happy is very important so I am all for the correct sock for the job. When I wear my hiking boots or work boots I wear these heavy duty socks. The kind you make sock monkeys out of. For exercising I wear white ankle sport socks. For fun I'll put on some panda print socks. I've got a ton of socks with pandas on them! For lounging around the home front I have a couple of favorite pairs. One pair are 3 different colors, super warm, uber soft and, of course, don't match any outfit I own. The other pair are a light sea foam green and when I put them on I just feel all warm and fuzzy.

Of course I do like to go sockless at times. Sandals are a must for me in the summer. If I don't who will ever know that I have the coolest nail polish on my toes! :catgirl:

Well if we are talking about what I actually wear, for the most part it's plain old boring white socks. The type that are like ankle socks only they come up a bit further and you fold the cuffs back down. But if we move into what my favorite type is, I love decorative socks. Even though I have so few of them. The ones done to reflect a holiday are wonderfully cute, even if they don't go with anything you actually wear. But by far the best are the decorative ones that are fuzzy inside. They're great for wearing in the winter when you don't want to be barefoot in the house (I have hardwood floors which can be quite cold to walk on in the winter) but don't want to wear shoes either.