OtakuBoards

My archive of useless crap-ola

Charles

I've decided to post some rather interesting facts because I am rather bored. I don't think this will spark a great discussion, but some of you might get a kick out of this stuff. After all, it does deviate from the usual topic.(that's not necessarily a good thing)

1)The two-foot long bird called a Kea that lives in New Zealand likes to eat the strips of rubber around car windows!

**Any two-foot long bird that eats strips of rubber in New Zealand sounds mighty unique to me.**

2)Most lipstick contains fish scales!

**Come on now, fish scales? How many ladies of the otaku boards new that? But more importantly, who cares?**

3) Skepticisms is the longest word that alternates hands when typing!

**Juyst try it!**

4) It's illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while you're sitting on a curb in St. Louis!

**Good thing I don't live in St. Louis. I'd have one more useless bucket. Now while we're protecting the world from buckets, let's do something about the impoverished St. Louis neighborhoods and failing schools.**

5) If you counted 24 hours a day, it would take 31,688 years to reach one trillion!

**Five bucks goes to the person who tries this one.**

6) The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog." uses every letter of the alphabet!

**That's if you consider "q" a real letter.**

7) The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable"!

**Well..no comment.**

8) Cat urine glows under a black-light!

** Why I put that I don't know. It just seems stangly funny to me that someone would actually put Cat urine under a black light.**

One more interesting thing is the three word tupple. There are two types of tupples, associative and non-associative tupples. The tupple: High School Student is associative because it sounds different if you emphasize the first two words(High School) as opposed to (School Student). If you emphasize the last two, it sounds like [High] School student. So you're saying that the student is high. If you emphasize the first two you have [High School] Student. That is a student in high school. It is said that the english language is so sensitive that it is impossible to find a three word tupple that is non-associative.

lol. i got a few useless facts:

1. About 35% of people who use personal ads for dating are already married.

2.In Paraguay, duelling is legal as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

3. A Pig's orgasm can for 30 minutes

4. You are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork that by a poisonous spider.

5. Both Hitler and Napoleon were missing one testicle.

6. In 1977, Napoleon's penis was sold in Paris for about US$3, 800 to an American urologist.

7. In Italy, it is illegal to make a coffin out of anything but nutshells or wood.

8. An Ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.

9. On average, 13 people are killed each year by falling vending machines.

10. Humans and Dolphins are the only species that are know to have sex for pleasure.

i'll stop for now.....

Well, I don't know it. I looked it up on the net. I do know the tupple thing, because it's a fundamental math concept believe it or not. I actually found the only non-associative tupple. But did you guys know that about 10,000 birds die a year from crashing into windows?

lol.

'I am' is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

According to the 'World Health Organization', there are approximately 100 million acts of sexual intercourse each day.

The world's termites outweigh the world's humans 10 to one.

Ten percent of the Russian government's income comes from the sale of Vodka.

All the clocks in the movie 'Pulp Fiction' are set to 4:20.

Animators drew nearly 6.5 million black spots for the film '101 Dalmations'.

Well I got some more useless info for you all

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up at the sky.

It is physically impossible for humans to lick their own elbows

"OK, so how many of you tried to lick your own elbows, when you read this???":smirk:

The word "stewardess" is the only word in the English alphabet the uses the left hand-side of the keyboard only.

:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]10. Humans and Dolphins are the only species that are know to have sex for pleasure.

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=firebrick][size=1]Ahh, I saw a thing on TV which said that there is a species of monkey which also has sex for pleasure! Hah! hehe.

Hmm...the one universal question I have is this:

Why is the word "abbreviation" so long, yet the word "long" so short?

:worried: [/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Delian [/i]
[B]Well I got some more useless info for you all

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up at the sky.

It is physically impossible for humans to lick their own elbows

"OK, so how many of you tried to lick your own elbows, when you read this???":smirk:

The word "stewardess" is the only word in the English alphabet the uses the left hand-side of the keyboard only.

:) [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yes, I tried to lick my elbow when I read that... And I came [I]really[/I] close, too!
But what if you're one of those people that can can pop their elbow out of it's socket and twist it around?[/color]

[B]The word "stewardess" is the only word in the English alphabet the uses the left hand-side of the keyboard only.

:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats not even remotely true...

fear, tear, wear, deer, see, seed, sea, we, are, art, feet

Speaking of useless things, this topic is pretty useless, considering most of it is false anyway.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Speaking of useless things, this topic is pretty useless, considering most of it is false anyway. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=red] don't forget were! [/COLOR]

Guest Master O Beans
[B]

Speaking of useless things, this topic is pretty useless, considering most of it is false anyway. [/B][/QUOTE]

...maybe he meant 'longest' ...[I]Mr. Moody[/I]. Lighten up dammit! :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

...maybe he meant 'longest' ...[I]Mr. Moody[/I]. Lighten up dammit! :p [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I agree. Sometimes these facts can be interesting...

...you never know when you'll need information about dolphin sex or pigs looking up at the sky. :drunk: [/size]

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[size=1]
...you never know when you'll need information about dolphin sex or pigs looking up at the sky. :drunk: [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

...He's right ya know! :D

[B]It is physically impossible for humans to lick their own elbows

"OK, so how many of you tried to lick your own elbows, when you read this???":smirk: [/B][/QUOTE]

Lol, After I read that I gave it a try and dang I felted stupid.:rotflmao:

Any topic that makes me try to lick my elbow is pretty cool. Now, check this:

(Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie!)

Now shouldn't they have some nutrition facts for those buggers? This makes me kinda glad I can't lick my own elbow. That'd be calorie city.

(One in every 4 Americans has appeared on television!)

That's simply amazing, but I bet that that statistic includes local channels, such as the education channel.

(7% of Americans don't know the first 9 words of the American anthem, but know the first 7 of the Canadian anthem

&
5% of Canadians don't know the first 7 words of the Canadian anthem, but know the first 9 of the American anthem!)

*Said in a dramatic voice* Which one of you falls into this category.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonfire1477 [/i]
[B]

Ok not only did I try this, I succeeded! [/B][/QUOTE]

o_O Do you have a reeeeeally long neck or something?? :therock: lol...

Heh..... yeah I tried to lick my elbow.... >_< teehee, I feel stupid. ^_^

That stuff's a....... interesting..... yep, interesting's the word...

did you know its physically impossible for a human to roll their tongue trying to touch their toes with it?

and that when people use vinegar and hot sauce in their hair it grows longer because of the hydroxylions and the protein in it?

and if you smear mustard and relish on your eyebrows you hardly have to pluck them anymore!

and if you put mayonaise and corn beef all over your eyes when you wake up in the morning not only will you have long lavish eyelashes, the bags under yer eyes will be gone too!

propaganda lover,
navi

[B]

Yeah, actually I did forget to add that it's the longest word in the English language that can only be typed with the left hand side of the keyboard. My mistake:)

Lots-A-Luv

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]did you know its physically impossible for a human to roll their tongue trying to touch their toes with it?

and that when people use vinegar and hot sauce in their hair it grows longer because of the hydroxylions and the protein in it?

and if you smear mustard and relish on your eyebrows you hardly have to pluck them anymore!

and if you put mayonaise and corn beef all over your eyes when you wake up in the morning not only will you have long lavish eyelashes, the bags under yer eyes will be gone too!

propaganda lover,
navi [/B][/QUOTE]

thanks alot, now i have sauces all over me and my eyes are burning..i have hot sauce in my eye! ahhhhh beef in my hair and mustard on my eyebrows

hey its possible to lick your elbow, if you have short arms long toungue and long neck you could probly lick something else too...

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Will2x [/i]
[B]

now i have sauces all over me..and i have hot beef in my hair [/B][/QUOTE]

...Eh, son, You've got hott beef in more than just your hair...and that's not regular sauce...that's a protein shake!! Ahhh!:eek: :butthead:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

...Eh, son, You've got hott beef in more than just your hair...and that's not regular sauce...that's a protein shake!! Ahhh!:eek: :butthead: [/B][/QUOTE]
man that REALLY didnt sound right...did it

I just thought I'd put this up for all of you health freaks that decide to get your fix at McDonalds of all places. For the record though, that cat urine fact, still has me wondering. All in the name of science I guess.

There's a chemical called ?propylene glycol,? which is found in most fast food restaurants? salad dressings in order to maintain moisture. The chemical, however, also comes with cautions and warnings that it may cause skin and eye irritation if exposed to the human body, is more commonly used as ?Sierra Anti Freeze? coolant for cars, and is also found in Astroglide Sexual Lubricant