OtakuBoards

Black Cat

miss april

Making up this series is his name: Train, the Black Cat, with the mark [spoiler]XIII on his chest[/spoiler]. I also like the first ending song, I may see them on puppets, like kid's art, and the rock paper scissors game.

Train had more company when he became a stray cat. [spoiler]He became a freelance sweeper instead of being one of Chronos' numbers. [/spoiler] Togeher with him are a former agent, a weird teener, and a sexy informer. In addition to that, he was also joined by the Sweeper Alliance, a fake Black Cat, and his former group.

I really don't know how to describe this anime, I really have nothing to say except it is really a nice anime! :animeblus

I love Black Cat! Ironically, the "XIII" banner of mine was chosen before I even read the first chapter (Never actually seen the anime.) After I started reading, I thought it was the weirdest coincidence, but it made me even more attached. All the personality quirks (like Train's milk obsession) just make it better and better.

[B]I, like Aceburner have not seen the anime but have read every chapter of the mangas online.Wait I take that back I started watching the very first episode but I felt that the manga was better so I just stuck with that.It's funny ever since reading that manga I have found myself drinking more milk.lol.(talk about influence!)[/B]

[COLOR=goldenrod]I've only read the first manga of this series. But if the anime is anything like the fun and zany personality they have going for Train then I definitely want to see it. It's not often that I read a manga and like the character that much in such a short time.

He's wonderfully funny and zany at the same time. And the way he goes from being goofy to completely and totally serious really sets the tone well for what's going to happen next.

In fact, I'm going with my Mom to BestBuy in a bit and though I'm getting a DVD it's going to be a hard choice since there are so many that I want! [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR=goldenrod]I've only read the first manga of this series. But if the anime is anything like the fun and zany personality they have going for Train then I definitely want to see it. It's not often that I read a manga and like the character that much in such a short time.

He's wonderfully funny and zany at the same time. And the way he goes from being goofy to completely and totally serious really sets the tone well for what's going to happen next.

In fact, I'm going with my Mom to BestBuy in a bit and though I'm getting a DVD it's going to be a hard choice since there are so many that I want! [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think FUNi is licensing it now. But ya gotta love an anime where the main character is an ex-assassin bounty hunter who drinks milk. It's just classic. Plus, 13 is actually my lucky number. Besides, if you think Train's got some cool stuff up his sleeve, just wait 'till you get under [Spoiler]Sven's eyepatch.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Aceburner']Train's got some cool stuff up his sleeve, just wait 'till you get under [Spoiler]Sven's eyepatch.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Magenta"]I've watched the first two episodes of Black Cat and it was so awesome. I haven't read the manga but I'm sure that it's great. I have to agree with you there Aceburner. [spoiler]Sven has this really cool eye under his eyepatch that lets him see into the future. Although it puts some strain onto his body and makes him tired.[/spoiler]

Even though I had only watched the first two episodes of the anime, I have to say that I love Train. He has that mysterious personality and likes to keep things hidden. But I'm sure that all changes.

[spoiler]In the first episode he's still and assassin by Chrono's and is apparently really skilled with a gun. He then has another assignment to go assassin some other gangster in another town. He gets there and at the end he has a flashback of his parents when they died. He's still sitting on the roof drinking milk with a cute white cat. Then he hears singing and a turns to see a girl in a kimono.[/spoiler][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I've watched 16 episodes so far. I really love the anime a lot. The only reason why I have not been watching more of it is because it is summer and I take breaks from college over the summer. Anyways, this anime is really funny but it is also very sad. [spoiler]I hate how Saya died [/spoiler] I also hate how ridiculous Train Heartnet's clothes are. Who has metal plates on the front of their jacket? I do like the collar though.[/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
For the life of me I searched and I searched in here, but there's no Black Cat thread. I suppose it must not have picked up much speed then. However if there are any fans out there I am hoping we can have a fun and light hearted discussion about it.

Personally, I just got this series, well the Anime that is. My friend gave it to me as a birthday gift at the convention we were just at. I must say, I have become quite a fan of it, and even more specifically, quite a fan of Train. However, I might get shot for that, just because EVERYONE seems to be a fan of Train. It's the personality I think, he can be dark and brooding, but fun loving too... I'm not sure if he's multidimentional, but it's enough for me to like him. That and he really doesn't have a very hard character design to look at... Cute for ink on paper if you know what I mean. Lol.

So far I am up to only the third DVD, just made it past a really cute and silly scene in Episode 11. I won't give spoilers for those who have seen it, but Train fans are bound to like it. So, I suppose that's all I can put for now, if any one else would like to contribute to the topic that would be awesome, I want to see if there are anymore fans out there.[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][INDENT][SIZE="2"][B]ShinigamiNoMiko[/B], that's why we have an [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208"][U]Official Thread Directory[/U][/URL] so next time just check it first before starting a series specific thread. Thanks. ^_~ Aaryanna[/SIZE][/INDENT][/FONT][/COLOR]

I had no idea where to find... or even about the directory. ;_; I seem to think I am doing well, but I feel like such a n00b.

I tried DESPERATELY to find the Black Cat Manga today... but... they had everything but volume one! :animecry: It ruined my whole day(I am over exhagerating of course). I will however buy it and have the anime and the mange just because I read a preview for the manga once and it looked amazing. So I really, really want it soon.

• 1 year later...
[color=green]So I just started watching Black Cat on demand. (don't have anything else on there to watch at the moment.) For the most part it's pretty decent, but I am wondering where did [spoiler]Train's sudden personality change come from?[/spoiler] I'm up to episode 8 by the way.

It's like there's something missing right when [spoiler]the girly-girl that was stalking Train died[/spoiler] and the [spoiler]small girly-girl was being attacked by the player-ish #[/spoiler]. Perhaps it's all the sulking you usually see people go through or something. I just know in the 8th episode (I think) this guy turned into something like Vash... (an idiot)

Other than that, it's pretty decent so far. Not sure if I'd say I like it at the moment though.[/color]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...