OtakuBoards

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Dagger

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I'd also like to loose my virginity to the closing. Or maybe I can find some kind of way to have sex with the show itself. Or I could pecome Shinbo's personal whore. Or something. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

What you say both entertains me and disturbs me, DB. But yes, the show is [B]METAL[/B], [B]METAL[/B] being the only word fit to describe the pure awsomeness
that is Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei. Itsoshiki's obsession with suicide (lol @ his tavel kit), the hikkikomori girl, Fuura's extreme optimism contrasted by Itsoshiki's extreme pessimism, The cencorship, the random crap on the blackboard. All gold.
And the paradies! Death note, The [B]FUSION DANCE[/B], ect.
Oh and, is it just me, or does Maria bear a striking resemblance to Ed from Cowboy Bebop?

I couldn't count how many times I went "Yes! It's so true!" in response to episode 5. Balding men with long hair, getting a luxury TV for a tiny apartment... I wonder if this series will ever run out of issues to tackle? So far it's going strong.

~Dagger~

• 2 months later...
Been watching this from the beginning, but I haven't posted until now because waiting so long for each new sub to come out is really discouraging.

So, anyway, I just watched episode 8. More funny stuff, as expected. The [spoiler]Psycho[/spoiler] reference is utterly glorious (and more than a bit creepy, actually) and all the funnier because it comes completely out of nowhere. I was rolling all through it. Also enjoyable was Nozomu launching into his usual dramatics after Kafuka hauls in the suitcase full of money to the police headquarters. "...what were you here for again?" Haha.

Also, damn, who knew Chie was so stacked?? (Or maybe I just forgot she was because the gap between episode releases is so long. XD)

[color=#4B0082]At least subs are being released regularly again. I just hope a group also pics up the second season when it starts airing.

I think the whole festival half of ep7 is my favorite part of the series so far. Those crazy festival people carrying around and hyping anything and everything was hilarious. And going in and tossing Kiri onto the platform as she freaked out was just awesome. I bet those guys could even make Shinmaru popular. :o

The criticism drills is ep8 were also total win.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I bet those guys could even make Shinmaru popular. :o[/color][/QUOTE]

NADS NADS NADS

In that episode, I also liked Nozomu's reaction to the people taking photos of cosplayers and his theory on storytelling in manga (DARKNESS).

Man, you peeps done got me addicted to 2 new animes today. Friggen Mononoke, and now this. But I definetly gotta admit, this thing had me laughin ALL the way through. And I may've missed it in this thread, but what in the world is a pororocoian? That part where that chick wanted to be "God, Time Traveler, and a Pororocoian" had me cryin I was laughin so hard.

Yeah, definetly cant wait to watch the rest of the eps. I seen the intros via youtube, and I definetly gotta say that one intro where dude is hangin himself and got the man in the background smilin is the funniest thing I ever seen in my friggen life! Definetly the greatest intro image ever.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I would really become a teacher if I had a class as crazy as Itoshiki Nozomu!

I really liked the part in Ep 7 with the [spoiler]"pi"rate kid. I have a friend who is really obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbean, so I sent her a screen shot.[/spoiler] I don't think I needed to put spoiler tags for that lol.

I also like getting people addicted to this show. I got my brother addicted, so we keep making references to it :D My brother was the one who pointed out to me that there was a [spoiler]person under that bed.I bet it's a person who has "deep love" for sensei. [/spoiler] lol It seems like everyone will. :D I know he has stolen my heart.:love:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]I just finished watching the first episode.

...This is the first time an anime has left me utterly [i]speechless[/i]. :animedepr

And I don't know if it's in a good way, or a bad way.

I guess I'll find out if I can manage to watch the next...like, what, 25?[/size]

[quote name='Paramount'][size=1]I just finished watching the first episode.

...This is the first time an anime has left me utterly [i]speechless[/i].

And I don't know if it's in a good way, or a bad way. :wow:

I guess I'll find out if I can manage to watch the next...like, what, 25?[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]If you're watching subbed, 8. If you speak JP, 11. Season 2 starts in Dec. [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=#4B0082]No, ep9 is still part of the first season. It has 12 episodes total, people have just been slow in subbing it. Season 2 starts in 2008.

I've never seen so many peers in an anime torrent swarm outside of Dattebayo's releases though. There's over 2,800 in the ep9 swarm as I type this (200 more than when I started!), with just over 1,000 being seeds. It seems like there's more people watching it with each new episode.[/color]

Thats probably because we're startin to get the word out about it to. I swear I told everyone that was buyin an anime today at Best Buy about that thing, and hopefully they'll grab it and watch it aswell. I swear, when/if this thing gets dubbed, it may very well turn out to be the highest selling DVD since Dragonball Z.

I think he meant the link above that one, which is actually Zetsubou Sensei related.

I actually thought the festival episode was the worst yet. The sequence where they carried everyone in sight got very repetitive - there was definitely a point where they could have stopped and it still be funny, but they passed that point and ran for another five minutes...

Looks like that was just a blip, though, because episodes 8 and 9 are back to form. Only Itoshiki Nozomu could see a spot-the-difference game and extrapolate into a [spoiler]'list all the mistakes in your life'[/spoiler] exercise.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well I finally got back to watching this. XP It's every bit as insane as I remember. I just finished episode five, at least I think it was five with all the stuff about one's status and the detox bit. Oh was that funny that they implied [spoiler]that detoxing the teacher would result in nothing being left. [/spoiler] Also, it's downright scary how so many people there are every bit as nutty as the teacher, only in a different way. I go back and forth between laughing at this and cringing. XP So naturally I'll be watching more of it. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
Argh, still waiting on episode 12. I did catch up to the other episodes, however.

Episode 10 was great with Nozomu's incredibly warped ideas of the minimum standards of culture. To be fair to him, though, that was one cultured potato.

Episode 11 was interesting with Chiri going batshit insane lol. [spoiler]Is it safe to assume she stabbed Nozomu? That seemed to be what was implied, but I'm not 100% sure lol.[/spoiler] Nozomu's obsession with hibernating was funny, as well. I wish I could hibernate. :(

I forget which episode it was since I watched a whole bunch of them the other day... but right now the stalker episode takes the cake for being the most insane. It was creepy as all get out to see that line of [spoiler]stalkers walking down the street, with every pole hiding someone stalking someone and so on. o_O [/spoiler] That was so bizarre that I just laughed and laughed over it. Every time I think this show can't possibly get any weirder, it does. lol

• 4 weeks later...
[color=#4B0082]Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (aka season 2) ep1 is the most beautiful train wreck of insanity I have ever seen. I think the animation has actually surpassed the first season's.

[center][img]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6453/sn2kirine8.jpg[/img]
[size=1]My beautiful Kiri is looking splendid.[/size][/center]
An odd thing about it, though, is that it introduces Nami Hitou (the normal girl) as if she hadn't appeared before. This is inconsistent with the first season but I noticed that in the Zetsubou Girls Collection special (or at least the twenty minute version that was broadcast), Nami doesn't appear in one scene whereas she did appear in the that scene in the first season's ep1. (It's the one where Nozomu first walks into the classroom and there are shots of a few of the girls.) And near the start of the Zetsubou Girls Collection special it seems to suggest that it's the way it was originally (in the manga?), with the message, "There were a number of inappropriate comments that the original creator's originality should be respected and we should broadcast the way it was published." So I guess season 2 is following the manga more closely or something.

[b]Edit:[/b]
I got both SpoonSubs's and a.f.k.'s releases and I'd recommend SpoonSubs's. They encode in h.264 so you get better video quality in a smaller file, plus soft subs (though on-screen text is still hard subbed.) I also like their translation a little more. They didn't translate each and every bit of on-screen text, unlike a.f.k., but all the important text and most of the rest was translated. I wouldn't call either release perfect but SpoonSubs has a slight advantage in my opinion.[/color]

Haha, the first eight or so minutes of episode 1, with the [spoiler]bizarre retcon of Nozomu's life[/spoiler], is fantastic. SIEG HAMASHO. Also hilarious is [spoiler]Nozomu as a mole cricket and having to undergo one indignity after another after he finally escapes from Hamasho. My favorite is Nozomu being tortured by pirates.[/spoiler]

And, yeah, I thought it was weird that this episode introduced Nami as if she hadn't had a part in the series up until that point. Oh well. It's not as though it's [i]too[/i] surprising lol. Aside from that, Kafuka singing in the hallways is unbelievably creepy. If I were Nami, I'd be freaked out too.

• 2 weeks later...
Man, why no one has talked about the past 2 episodes of Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is BEYOND me. These past 2 episodes would definetly have to be classified as 2 of the greatest episodes in ANY anime HISTORY.

The complete randomness in the first half of episode 3 was NUTS. Dont want to go into detail, but basically its a chick(I'm guessing supposed to be one of the animators in the series)was listening to the show on the radio while trying to figure out somethin about Pine X Napple. Basically, it gets a little disturbing towards the end. But its friggen HILARIOUS!

And the second half....oh my God. They way they just started talkin about life situations like it means nothing had me DYING!

I'm tellin ya, grab these most recent episodes. They are BEYOND amazing.

[quote name='ImmortalGuru']The complete randomness in the first half of episode 3 was NUTS. Dont want to go into detail, but basically its a chick(I'm guessing supposed to be one of the animators in the series)was listening to the show on the radio while trying to figure out somethin about Pine X Napple. Basically, it gets a little disturbing towards the end. But its friggen HILARIOUS![/quote]

Actually, it's Harumi, isn't it? [spoiler]She's the one in the first season who ran into Nozomu on the street and was freaked out because she thought he saw her drawings and knew she's obsessed with yaoi.[/spoiler]

The radio show confused the hell out of me at first. When the voices started chattering away and it showed Harumi at the computer, I thought she was playing some bizarre SZS eroge or something... lol. Then I just got confused trying to keep up with the subtitles on the top and bottom, haha.

I liked the second half more. All the examples of people casually dropping huge information were funny, and Nozomu's overreaction to, "I thought the elevator was going to go down... but it went up!!" had me rolling. Also, Chiri's idea of inconsequential information is disturbing.