OtakuBoards

Grand Project: OB MMORPG [PG]

Sandy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Japan_86'][COLOR="DarkRed"]How about mountain dew as well?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Considering that Mountain Dew is the Nectar of Life....

Yeah. Marching Band habits die hard.

A quickie, since I'm on a truncated lunch break:
[QUOTE][I]That is a possibility, yes, but since the individual players aren't exactly competing against each others (in general, at least), I see no harm in it.[/I][/QUOTE]
I was thinking more along the lines of party combat situations ? especially ones where one member of the party runs into a problem and can't post for, say, two days. How would we get around initiative that way? Everyone else in the party, including the opposing Monsters/Players, is stuck until that person can post, assuming they don't wish to drop or can't even send that much of a message.

Not so much [I]competition[/I], then, as much as [I]the group is only as fast as its slowest player[/I]. And given Murphy's Law....[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I was thinking more along the lines of party combat situations ? especially ones where one member of the party runs into a problem and can't post for, say, two days. How would we get around initiative that way? Everyone else in the party, including the opposing Monsters/Players, is stuck until that person can post, assuming they don't wish to drop or can't even send that much of a message.

Not so much [I]competition[/I], then, as much as [I]the group is only as fast as its slowest player[/I]. And given Murphy's Law....[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I think open communication would be very essential in this game. People should notify the gamemasters if they are absent for more than a few days, and if they're unable to do that, gamemasters would have the power to skip over their turn after a day or two.

The more I think about this game, the more I see problems with it, but also possibilities. I don't think this will be [I]impossible[/I] to make (referring to the multiple AIM convos I had yesterday), but it will require a lot more work.

[B]Japan[/B] and I discussed about the central locations for this game. She agreed to help me with them, but basically they are [B]Otaku City[/B], the current capital of Ob Kingdom, and the [B]Forsaken City[/B] (working name), the old capital that was taken over by the viruses long time ago.

There will be separate goals and achievements for the Bright Side and the Dark Side (still need to figure out proper names for those alignments), although at the moment, the Dark Side is much more limited in terms of options.

I could use some opinions on this. [B]Should the game focus only on the good guys, with a few "neutral" jobs thrown in there? Or should it be playable from both sides of the story?[/B]

[FONT=Arial]Oooh! Oooh! Brain spasm! :animesmil

Mountain Dew would be the [I]perfect[/I] health regen or stat increase item. Try this:

Diet MD -- restores some HP
MD -- restores greater HP
MD Red -- restores greater HP, adds a little to Att for [number of posts?]
MD Blue Shock -- restores greater HP, adds a little to Mag for [number of posts]
(MD Pitch Black -- same as Blue Shock, but for Dark alignment?)
MD Code Red -- restores many HP (a last resort item)
MD Live Wire -- resurrects a KO'd player (rare; summer release only :p)

And then you have all the other unknown flavors, like those that they sell only at Taco Bell or 7-11, and you've got AMP and AMP Overdrive and MDX and MD Sport and Dew Iced, etc., etc. I think it's cool.

[quote name='Sandy']I think open communication would be very essential in this game. People should notify the gamemasters if they are absent for more than a few days, and if they're unable to do that, gamemasters would have the power to skip over their turn after a day or two.[/quote]
Right. It needs a little clarification, but that's pretty much where my mind was headed. ...no pun intended. :p

Players should notify their (current?) GM if they are [I]going to be[/I] absent for more than a few days. A two-day skip policy seems a little rough; but then again, the most I'd be inclined to wait for is three.

[U]Side-note on XP:[/U]
In party missions, how will the combat XP be distributed? Will all XP go to the Player that delivered the Monster's final blow, or will some XP be earned for taking part in battle against that particular Monster? If the latter, will the XP be split evenly, split in favor of the killer, or preset?

E.g.:

Hate Mail (Virus Lv 3)
HP: 34
MP: 12
Reward: 15 XP & 20 Þ (or some other arbitrary monetary symbol)

Now, say three Mangaka (class is irrelevant) fight the Hate Mail, and Mangaka 1 kills it. Does M1 get all 15 XP? Does M1 get 7 and M2 and M3 receive 4 apiece (an arbitrary division on my part there)? Or do each of the players get 5 XP, end of story? Also, how is the loot divided?

I don't think you need to focus on this aspect yet, though. I think the primary concern right now should be the general groundwork for the MMO, and I'll keep further detail notes to myself for a bit ? at least, until the point when somebody feels that a subject desperately needs to be raised, or something like that. I don't necessarily think you should [I]ignore[/I] it, but just keep my nitpicking floating in the back of your mind for now.

[QUOTE][I]The more I think about this game, the more I see problems with it, but also possibilities. I don't think this will be [I]impossible[/I] to make (referring to the multiple AIM convos I had yesterday), but it will require a lot more work.
[/I][/QUOTE]
I don't see problems so much as kinks, but I agree with you. Besides, I get a great deal of pleasure out of trying to make stuff work.
[QUOTE][I]There will be separate goals and achievements for the Bright Side and the Dark Side (still need to figure out proper names for those alignments), although at the moment, the Dark Side is much more limited in terms of options.

I could use some opinions on this. [B]Should the game focus only on the good guys, with a few "neutral" jobs thrown in there? Or should it be playable from both sides of the story?[/B][/I][/QUOTE]
I think the game should lean towards the canon (Bright) side, but still retain the option to play as an Evildoer, so to speak. (Jihadist? :p )

I need to mull over this for about a day, so I can be as clear as I'd like to be without getting too detail-oriented. (Bad habit. Sorry.)
[QUOTE][I]Japan and I discussed about the central locations for this game. She agreed to help me with them, but basically they are Otaku City, the current capital of Ob Kingdom, and the Forsaken City (working name), the old capital that was taken over by the viruses long time ago.[/I][/QUOTE]
This just occurred to me: what about a sort of neutral territory? [B]N00b Mountain[/B] comes to mind, with a fairly large, emo-looking keep near the top, referred to as [B]The Hall of the N00b King[/B] (and possibly with [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR] as the overseer ? he might at least get a shrine or something.) :D

It [I]was[/I] his self-proclaimed title, was it not?[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]This just occurred to me: what about a sort of neutral territory? [B]N00b Mountain[/B] comes to mind, with a fairly large, emo-looking keep near the top, referred to as [B]The Hall of the N00b King[/B] (and possibly with [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR] as the overseer ? he might at least get a shrine or something.) :D

It [I]was[/I] his self-proclaimed title, was it not?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]This game already sounded amazing, but now it's plain [I]awesome[/I]. If this happens, I will laud [B]allamorph [/B]as a god XD[/COLOR]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]
Mountain Dew would be the [I]perfect[/I] health regen or stat increase item. Try this:

Diet MD -- restores some HP
MD -- restores greater HP
MD Red -- restores greater HP, adds a little to Att for [number of posts?]
MD Blue Shock -- restores greater HP, adds a little to Mag for [number of posts]
(MD Pitch Black -- same as Blue Shock, but for Dark alignment?)
MD Code Red -- restores many HP (a last resort item)
MD Live Wire -- resurrects a KO'd player (rare; summer release only :p)

And then you have all the other unknown flavors, like those that they sell only at Taco Bell or 7-11, and you've got AMP and AMP Overdrive and MDX and MD Sport and Dew Iced, etc., etc. I think it's cool.[/font][/quote]

Too bad my country only sells the original green bottle. ;P

Anyway, I've already figured out that [B]Candy[/B] and other sweets restore HP, and [B]Mana Marbles[/B] and other strange talismans restore MP. Anyone can expand on these or create optional items as well. In any case, Mountain Dew is in, no matter what. X)

[quote][U]Side-note on XP:[/U]
In party missions, how will the combat XP be distributed? Will all XP go to the Player that delivered the Monster's final blow, or will some XP be earned for taking part in battle against that particular Monster? If the latter, will the XP be split evenly, split in favor of the killer, or preset?[/quote]

To eliminate any bad blood between players in a party, the experience should be distributed evenly. Most missions will also give out experience and gold once completed.

Does this type of Level-Up chart seem okay to you?

[CENTER][B]Level - EXP required[/B]
2 - 10
3 - 20
4 - 40
5 - 70
6 - 100
7 - 150
8 - 200
9 - 250
10 - 310[/CENTER]

So there'd be a learning curve to it. It's taken directly from the game I mentioned before (rules of it are viewable [url=http://www.rpgamer.com/ask/matt/sock2/Sock2Rules.html][U]here[/U][/url]).

[quote][font=arial]This just occurred to me: what about a sort of neutral territory? [B]N00b Mountain[/B] comes to mind, with a fairly large, emo-looking keep near the top, referred to as [B]The Hall of the N00b King[/B] (and possibly with [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR] as the overseer ? he might at least get a shrine or something.) :D
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yes, the Spammer job-class (the neutral one) does need a base of it's own, located somewhere in the border of Ob. There's nothing preventing it to be N00b Mountain. ;D

Because it was my day off, I had time to add stuff to my lists. Here are the [B]five beginner jobs[/B] in their current state. I'm pretty pleased with them, they're quite balanced now in relation to each other.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Gamer[/B], whose interest in different types of games can sometimes reach excessive limits. Gamer's battle technique is physical but quick.
- Basic HP: 8, Basic MP: 2, Basic Attack Power: 3, Basic Magic Power: 1
[I]Weapons:[/I]
- Buffer Sword (Required Level 1, Atk +3)
- Wooden Sword (Required Level 3, Atk +5, Break Possibility 1/20)
- Wiimote (Required Level 5, Atk +10, Break Possibility 1/4)
- Joystick (Required Level 7, Atk +16)
[I]Armor:[/I]
- Junk Mail (Required Level 2, HP +6)
- Chain Mail (Required Level 4, HP +14)
- Black Mail (Required Level 6, HP +20, absorbs light element)
[I]Gaming Skillz:[/I]
- Reset (Level 1, take yourself back to the starting point at any time)
- Dice Roll (Level 3, damage enemy randomly anywhere between 1 ? 6 x basic attack power)
- Button Smash (Level 6, damage up to four enemies with equipped weapon with ½ chance of hitting each)
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B]Mangaka[/B], a fanatic of all things Japanese - especially Anime & Manga. It?s a very magic-oriented job.
- Basic HP: 5, Basic MP: 10, Basic Attack Power: 1, Basic Magic Power: 3
- Paint Brush (Required Level 1, Atk +1, Mag +2)
- Fountain Pen (Required Level 3, Atk +2, Mag +3, water element)
- Calligraphy Brush (Required Level 5, Atk +3, Mag +5)
- Paper Fan (Required Level 7, Atk +6, Mag +9, air element)
- Parasol (Required Level 9, Atk +8, Mag +12, light element)
- Souvenir Kimono (Required Level 2, HP +5, MP +5)
- School Uniform (Required Level 4, HP +10, MP +10, protects from "Boredom"-status)
- Sailor Uniform (Required Level 6, HP +16, MP +16, absorbs water element)
[I]Magic Arts:[/I]
- Sakura Bud (Level 1, +2 flower elemental damage) MP -2
- Ink Splash (Level 2, inflicts "Blindness"-status, making target unable to see) MP -2
- Sakura Blossom (Level 3, +3 flower elemental damage up to two targets) MP -5
- Zipper Lips (Level 4, inflicts "Muteness"-status, making target unable to cast magic) MP -4
- Withering Sakura (Level 5, +5 flower elemental damage up to three targets) MP -10
- Dark Draw (Level 6, inflicts ?Curse?-status, nullifying all status and element effects) MP -12[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Movie Freak[/B] knows everything there is to know about movies and television, and isn?t afraid to use that information to it?s advantage. As a job, it?s balanced between might and magic.
- Basic HP: 7, Basic MP: 7, Basic Attack Power: 2, Basic Magic Power: 2
- Buffer Sword (Required Level 1, Atk +3)
- Megaphone (Required Level 3, Atk +4, Mag +2, sound element)
- Clapperboard (Required Level 5, Atk +7, Mag +4)
- Replica Saber (Required Level 7, Atk +12)
- Lightsaber (Required Level 9, Atk +13, Mag +7, light element)
- Selfmade Costume (Required Level 2, HP +5, MP +2)
- Trekkie Uniform (Required Level 4, HP +12, MP +4)
- Chewbacca Suit (Required Level 6, HP +20, MP +8, protects from "Laughter")
[I]Stunts:[/I]
- Spotlight (Level 1, +2 light elemental damage) MP -3
- Foil Canvas (Level 2, nullifies magic damage until the next turn) MP -5
- Fade-Out (Level 3, +5 light elemental damage and ?Stun?-status) MP -7
- Special Effect (Level 4, adds +4 to both atk and mag power for the next turn) MP -15
- Flash (Level 5, +7 light elemental damage and ?Blindness?-status) MP -20[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]
[B]Spammer[/B] is a despised outcast, but a dangerous one too. Is very sneaky and roguish, and it reflects the job's weapons and skills as well. It?ll rather attack quickly and then retreat.
- Basic HP: 10, Basic MP: 5, Basic Attack Power: 1, Basic Magic Power: 1
- Shiv (Required Level 1, Atk +2, Break Possibility 1/5)
- Switchblade (Required Level 3, Atk +4)
- Stun Gun (Required Level 5, Atk +8, energy element)
- Camouflage (Required Level 2, HP +8)
- Baddie Hoodie (Required Level 4, HP+13, protects from ?Stun?)
- Black Mail (Required Level 6, HP +20, absorbs light element)
[I]L33tism:[/I]
- Runaway (Level 1, allows instant escape from the battle)
- Mass Spam (Level 2, damage all enemies with basic attack power)
- Spoiler (Level 3, inflicts ?Poison?-status, causing 3 damage every turn) MP -5
- Snatch (Level 4, steal item from an enemy with the same chances as the drop-rate)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Green"][B]Therapist[/B] enjoys helping and giving people advice. It?s a job for patient, calm people. It focuses mostly on supporting others in battle.
- Basic HP: 6, Basic MP:12, Basic Attack Power: 1, Basic Magic Power: 2
- Notebook (Required Level 1, Atk +0, Mag +4)
- Fountain Pen (Required Level 3, Atk +2, Mag +3, water element)
- Toy Hammer (Required Level 5, Atk +4, Mag +4)
- Cardigan (Required Level 2, HP +7, MP +3)
- Smart Suit (Required Level 4, HP +12, MP +7)
- White Coat (Required Level 6, HP +18, MP +15, protects from ?Poison?)
[I]Treatment:[/I]
- Pat On The Back (Level 1, restores 10 HP) MP -3
- Cheer Up! (Level 2, removes ?Boredom?-status) MP -2
- Stoneface (Level 3, removes ?Laughter?-status) MP -4
- Aromatherapy (Level 4, restores 15 HP to all allies) MP -10[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][U][I][B]Forsaken City[/B][/I][/U]

This was once the original city for all good Otaku's. However it was lost in the Holy Wars of version 2. The people of good who could, fled from their homeland in fear what may happen to them when the Overlord Blue Demon and his viruses arrived. Those that were left behind, were either forced into manual labor, or used for science experiments. The luckier ones were just killed on the spot. Those that tried to escape or rebel against the Viruses were killed and their corpses hung from street lamps to show what happened if you try to go against the vast Virus Empire. After the viruses arrived, black clouds covered the shining sun. Some say that this happened when Blue Demon inputed a virus that he created into the sky.

Now in Version 7, the viruses are still a force to be reckoned with. The city in general is very worn down, the castle itself in ruins. A toxic red smog surrounds the city due to many years of toxic waste and pollution. The city is rat infested. The bodies, now skeletons, are still hanging from the street lamps for decoration and viruses loom around the city.

[CENTER]-----------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER]

What do you think? I will impliment a base for the spammers aka noob mountain when I write a description/history of the wastelands. I am going to try to write a thing for Otaku City next. Whatever comes to me first.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Japan_86'][COLOR="DarkRed"][U][I][B]Forsaken City[/B][/I][/U]

This was once the original city for all good Otaku's. However it was lost in the Holy Wars of version 2. The people of good who could, fled from their homeland in fear what may happen to them when the Overlord Blue Demon and his viruses arrived. Those that were left behind, were either forced into manual labor, or used for science experiments. The luckier ones were just killed on the spot. Those that tried to escape or rebel against the Viruses were killed and their corpses hung from street lamps to show what happened if you try to go against the vast Virus Empire. After the viruses arrived, black clouds covered the shining sun. Some say that this happened when Blue Demon inputed a virus that he created into the sky.

Now in Version 7, the viruses are still a force to be reckoned with. The city in general is very worn down, the castle itself in ruins. A toxic red smog surrounds the city due to many years of toxic waste and pollution. The city is rat infested and there are several filthy cats and dogs roaming the streets. Those cats and dogs are so thin from lack of care and starvation. The bodies, now skeletons, are still hanging from the street lamps for decoration.

[CENTER]-----------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER]

What do you think? I will impliment a base for the spammers aka noob mountain when I write a description/history of the wastelands. I am going to try to write a thing for Otaku City next. Whatever comes to me first.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I like it, yes. Good call on implementing the Versions there as well. ;D A few nitpicks, though: Viruses don't have an Empire, unless you meant it as a symbolic sense (they're just uncivilized monsters). Also, that talk about cats & dogs... isn't it a bit pointless? The streets should be roaming with Viruses, not animals abandoned many Versions ago. XD

What comes to N00b Mountain, sorry but I beat you to the bunch!

[SIZE="1"][U]The N00b Mountain[/U]
[B]Description:[/B] This outback mountain is the den of outcasts and lowlifes. It lies on the northern outskirts of Ob. On top of the mountain is an old fortress of the Moderator Knights, which was abandoned and subsequently taken over by stray Spammers and Trolls. Law-abiding folk won?t find anything of use here.
[B]Buildings:[/B]
[I]N00b Keep[/I] ? meet fellow outcasts and hear their latest devious plans.
[I]Training Grounds[/I] ? hone your battle-skills under the watchful eye of sadistic trainers
[I]Black Market[/I] ? buy illegally gotten items and equipment, and don?t expect to get any change from your OtakuBucks.
[B]NPCs:[/B]
[I]King Lol[/I] ? the self-proclaimed ruler of the N00b Mountain, hated by everybody due to his obnoxious behavior.
[I]Gory the Enslaver[/I] ? the most infamous trainer in the Keep, no-one dares to disobey him
[I]Rob In Da Hood[/I] ? notoriously unfortunate thief who can only steal from the poor, and get all the loot taken by the rich.
[I]Raiha the Enchantress[/I] - a mysterious dark sorceress who resides in the tallest tower in the Keep*[/SIZE]

*) Prone to change at any time, depending on Raiha's whims. ;D

Now the most important part is done, as I have compiled [B]the basic guidelines[/B] for this game. The list is still lacking on many part, and there are several references to things that don't yet exist (Region Threads, Character Profiles, Bestiary etc.), but I hope everyone gets the main idea of what the game system is all about from this.

Here they are, [B]The Rules.[/B]

[SIZE="1"]Welcome, brave adventurers, to the Kingdom of Ob, our beloved message board turned into a fantastic realm filled with mystery, magic and monsters. This is no ordinary Adventure Square game, but an honest attempt for a true MMORPG – a Massively Multiplayer Online RolePlaying Game. That’s why everyone who wants to join in must read the rules and regulations below with extra care. You need to know them in order to play – and enjoy – the game.

[B]General Advice:[/B]
This game will span several threads. In the Adventure Square, we’ll have threads for different regions of the world. Your character will start out in one of those regions, and stay there until you find a way to travel to another.

You can post into the game just like you usually post to RPGs: you can meet people, write up dialogue, get your character into trouble and out of it, make up fabulous plot twists etc. The difference is that you will have a whole system working on the background whatever you do. You can opt to explore the surroundings, engage in missions, battle malicious Viruses, team up with other players, but most importantly, upgrade your character and gain awesome new skills and equipment for it.

To help you enjoy the game to it’s fullest, there will be several Gamemasters running the game. When in doubt, be sure to contact them and they will help you.

[B]Creating a Character:[/B]
Like in almost every RPG here, there is a sign-up form for your character. You can fill it as you wish, but pay close attention to your choice of job. Unlike in other games, in this they are not just for flavor. Different jobs suit different types of players: you have to decide whether you want to deal direct physical damage, cast powerful spells, or maybe help others in need. Or you can go bad and join the outcasts. At first you have the five beginner jobs at your disposal, but as you progress through the game, you can unlock new, much more powerful jobs to play with.

You start out with zero equipment, zero experience and zero money. You will have to work hard to collect those in your adventures, but eventually it will pay off as you find yourself above most other players, slaying monsters left and right, and enthralling yourself into advanced missions.

[B]Exploration:[/B]
Your story begins in one of the starting towns (one in each region thread). There you can freely take on missions, shop for goods talk to NPCs and find allies to play with. The Gamemasters will reward diligent explorers with hidden treasures and secret missions.

It’s about time to introduce “actions”. These are special things you can do only one per post, meaning that if you do one thing from the list below, you cannot do another in the same post. This is important: you must always remember to highlight your action, to make sure that the Gamemasters notice them. The different options for the one action are:
- unlimited shopping (buying and selling items and equipment)
- accepting a mission from an NPC (each region thread has a list of available missions and from who to get them in the first post)
- using an item (you can only use one item per action)
- attacking an enemy (see Battles)
- performing a special ability (see Battles)

Don’t worry if you accidentally post two actions in a post – the Gamemasters will surely let you know about it, as they keep track of every player and their moves. You of course don’t have to take any action in a post if you don’t want to.

[B]Inventory:[/B]
On your adventure you will gain many items, weapons and armor, either by finding them, winning them from Viruses or missions, or buying them from shops. Everything you come to own will be put to your own inventory, visible at your Character Profile.

You can use items straight from your Inventory (only one per post, remember), after which they will disappear from there. Equipment – weapons and amor – work differently though. You will have to equip them to use them. You can only equip one weapon and one armor at a time, and you better be clear about what you want to equip so the Gamemasters can put them into your Character Profile. Pay attention to the requirements on the equipment, though, since most are usable only by specific jobs after reaching specific levels.

Weapons boost your attack power, and sometimes your magic power, while armor boosts your HP and MP (see Battles for explanation on the statistics).

[B]Missions:[/B]
You can only complete each mission once, although you can retry in case you die during one. You can have several missions in progress at the same time, although your character can only be in one place at a time.

Most missions have special prerequirements, though. Some are meant only for specific jobs, some require the character to be on a specific level, some ask for a specific item and then some can only be undertaken if several other missions are completed.

Completing missions is worthwhile, since you gain special items, lots of experience and bagfuls of OtakuBucks (the currency of Ob) from them. The completed missions will also be marked to your Character Profile.

[B]Battles:[/B]
Most missions involve battling monsters known as “Viruses” that are threatening the peace of Ob. Viruses can however be fought against outside of missions, as well, on fields and dungeons. If a location has Viruses in it, it will say so in the description of that place.

In order to begin fighting with a Virus, you must simply say so in the post. Take heed, however, on the special turn order. If the Virus has a higher level than your character, it will take the initiative. If the levels are the same, or yours is higher, then you can attack first.

Remember that you can only attack or perform a special ability once per post, as they take up your “action” for that post. The damage done to the Virus by your attack (as well as any side effects), will be determined by your statistics. The efficiency of hitting the enemy with your weapon is dependent on your attack power, while the effectiveness of an offensive special ability will depend on your magic power.

Your other statistics are HP (Health Points) and MP (Mana Points). HP is the more essential one, since taking hits will consume it. If it reaches zero, your character will die. MP is consumed by using most special abilities, which take up different amounts of MP to use.

The Viruses are controlled only by Gamemasters, so you will have to wait after taking your turn for the enemy to attack. You can see the statistics of each Virus by glancing at the Bestiary. Be sure not to engage with a Virus that is too much for you.

Defeating a Virus will net you some experience and OtakuBucks, and sometimes a special item to go with them. The Gamemasters will notify you whenever that happens.

[B]Elements & Statuses:[/B]
Fighting the Viruses isn’t always dependent on statistics and levels, though. Many Viruses have a specific element that is vulnerable to another element and strong against another. Luckily many special abilities, weapons and armor have elemental strenghts as well, so you can use them to your advantage. Here are the formulas for the two ranks of elements:

Material Elements: [COLOR="Teal"]Water[/COLOR] > [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Fire[/COLOR] > [COLOR="Green"]Flower[/COLOR] > [COLOR="Sienna"]Earth[/COLOR] > [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Sound[/COLOR] > [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Air[/COLOR] > [COLOR="Teal"]Water[/COLOR]
Ethereal Elements: [COLOR="Pink"]Light[/COLOR] > [COLOR="Indigo"]Dark[/COLOR] > [COLOR="Gold"]Energy[/COLOR] > [COLOR="Magenta"]Spirit[/COLOR] > [COLOR="Pink"]Light[/COLOR]

There are also multiple special statuses, with both negative and positive effects. Getting hit by a bad status might ruin up your chances alltogether, while a positive status change at the right time can be a lifesaver.

[B]Progression:[/B]
As you gain experience, your character will gain levels. With each level, your character becomes stronger in the chosen job, can equip stronger weapons and armor and gain more powerful abilities. Here is a table of how much experience is needed for a level up:

[CENTER][B]Level – Experience [/B]
2 – 10
3 – 20
4 – 40
5 – 70
6 – 110
7 – 160
8 – 220
9 – 290
10 – 370
11 – 460
12 – 560
13 – 680
14 – 820
15 – 1000[/CENTER]

Each level adds +1 points to each four of your basic statistics, all visible at your Character Profile. You can also permanently increase your basic statistics with certain items, as equipment only gives them temporary boosts for as long as you have them equipped.

Like said earlier, gaining levels also opens up new missions for you to experience, and a high enough level even opens up the sealed doors to forbidden dungeons holding the Relics of the Ancient Versions, objects of immense power that will help you bring the Blue Demon and his hordes of Viruses down – or gain his favor and destroy the Three Sovereigns and the Kingdom of Ob. It’s your choice how to play this game.

[B]Teamwork:[/B]
Since this game is a MMORPG, you don’t have to face the hordes of Viruses all by yourself. You can join forces with the other players and form a party (roleplaying term for a group of characters). In a party you can embolden yourself to take up the more stronger Viruses and the more challenging missions. If the party has a balanced set of jobs, even better. All the rewards will be shared between the members of the party (although items will go to the player who dealt the finishing blow). A party cannot include more than five players, though.

If you want to really bond with other players, you can found a Guild. You will need a special permit from the Three Sovereigns themselves for that, though. A Guild offers many benefits to a teamplayer, including a mutual Inventory and lots of friends to form a party with. Guilds will be awarded for slaying Viruses, as well. So why don’t you discover the way to get a Guild Permission and found one yourself?
[/SIZE]

So what do you guys think?

[B]EDIT:[/B] Added a chapter about parties and guilds.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]wow, this is very impressive. I've been looking at this thread for awhile, wondering how it will function. After reading this, I now have a general idea of it's works. I hope this makes it through, I'm completely hooked now.

Keep it up[/FONT]

I've been working with missions and the bestiary the whole morning, but apparently there cannot be enough of them. XP I've also got some balance issues with them (help, Allamorph!).

Anyhow, here's the first draft of a [B]Character Profile[/B]. All players will have this in a future Underground thread. These profiles are updated by the Gamemaster(s) whenever they change.

[SIZE="1"]#1 [B]Sandy[/B] as [I]Kikuichimonji[/I], a 24 years old male [B]Mangaka[/B]
[I]Level:[/I] 4
[I]Experience:[/I] 52 (Next Lv-Up: 70)
[I]HP:[/I] 19/19 (basic 9, armor +10)
[I]MP:[/I] 24/24 (basic 14, armor +10)
[I]Atk:[/I] 7 (basic 5, weapon +2)
[I]Mag:[/I] 10 (basic 7, weapon +3)
[I]Element:[/I] water attack
[I]Status:[/I] none
[I]Abilities:[/I]
- Ink Splash (Level 2, inflicts "Blindness"-status, making target unable to see) MP -2
- Zipper Lips (Level 4, inflicts "Muteness"-status, making target unable to cast magic) MP -4
[I]Equipped Weapon:[/I] Fountain Pen (Mangaka/Therapist Lv3, Atk +2, Mag +3, water element)
[I]Equipped Armor:[/I] School Uniform (Mangaka Lv4, HP+10, MP +10)
[I]Inventory:[/I] 2x Candy, Mana Marble, Speech Bubble, Calligraphy Brush
[I]OtakuBucks:[/I] 120
[I]Missions Completed:[/I] #2, #6
[I]Missions Accepted:[/I] #8
[I]Party:[/I] none[/SIZE]

Please tell me if you can make any sense out of it. Or if any vital information is missing from it.

[SIZE="1"](Funny, you must have sent that PM just after I finished reading this! Irony!)

I'm so impressed by all the work that's gone into this, especially with the profiles and class system. MMOs are a joy for me, so taking part in something like this would be brilliant.

I'm happy to help out in any way possible, and now that I'm officially on my summer holidays I have plenty of time on my hands.

Also, with regards to your questions on playing either side: I'm not sure how many people here play GW: Factions, but I can see this Spammers vs Good Citizens turning into a situation akin to Kurzicks vs Luxons. As in each side think they're doing it for the greater good. That would be interesting, so players can change sides and have different sorts of armour/weapons open exclusively to them.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=teal][b][u]The Great Archive[/u]

Description:[/b] In the far south areas of Ob where the jungles are green and lush is the Great Archive of the Oldies. It is said that the entire history of Ob is located here along with many strange and valuable artefact's, some dating from pre-history. Many undertake this perilous journey, but few have ever returned.
[b]Locations in the Archive:[/b]
[i]Index:[/i] From here the adventurer enters the Archive and can plot their course to what ever they are seeking.
[i]Halls of Knowledge:[/i] Stretching through out the entire Archives, here is recorded the history of Ob.
[i]Halls of Power:[/i] The most powerful, and some times dangerous, items and enchantments are kept locked away here.
(I’m having trouble thinking of other locations so help with be appreciated)
[b]NPCs:[/b]
[i]Charles, Keeper of Wisdom:[/i] An ancient and powerful man who has guarded the Archives for untold years.
[i]The Blessing:[/i] A being of great magical power, left by the Oldies to assist Charles.

Does this seem alright? I'm not so sure myself so I've put it up for consideration.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Sandy']XP I've also got some balance issues with them (help, Allamorph!).[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]:wigout: Hold on! Lemme catch up!

Alright, I'm back on the stats issue again. (I know everybody's going :animecry: right now....)

I'm going to start with a look at a random [B]Gamer[/B], referred to from now on as [B]Ploppy[/B]. Ploppy starts with [HP: 8; MP: 2; Att: 3; Mag: 1], with a Buffer Sword [Att: +3 = 6]. Obviously, the only way Ploppy can advance, setting missions aside for the moment, is by killing [B]Loveworms[/B]. Once Ploppy hath slain five of these foul beasts, Ploppy shalt advance to the mighty Level Two [HP: +1 = 10; MP: +1 =3; Att: +1 = 7; Mag: +1 = 2], whereupon he shalt equip (presumably after purchasing) the armor Junk Mail to his person [HP: +6 = 16]. He then must kill five more before he hits Lv 3 [+1 to all; HP: 17; MP: 4; Att: 8; Mag: 3].

Now, Ploppy's XP ceiling has doubled, meaning he has to kill ten of the same enemy in order to advance; however, he sees that he is Lv 3 and, feeling truly powerful, notes that [B]Hate Mail[/B] are worth 15 XP, and it would only take two to advance another level, and four to advance to a second.

I see a minor problem here. First, that's one doozie of a Level Three Virus you've got there:

Hate Mail (Virus Level 3)
Reward: 15 Experience & 20 OtakuBucks

[I]Thirty-four?[/I] The Spammer is the highest class in HP even at Lv 4, when they might have 26 HP, and even with the Poison in effect and Mass Spam, it'll take a good four turns for them to kill one, and the Hate Mail only needs three turns to kill the Spammer. The poor little Mangaka wouldn't be able to survive until maybe Lv 6 against a level 3 virus. Unless you have some system for hits/misses that I haven't seen yet....

Also, though I agree that 15 XP with those stats is necessary, I just don't think the virus matches the level it's been given. Sure, the Monsters will be a little more powerful than Players of matching levels, but that's kind of unnecessary, I think. If I'm the only one that thinks this, then I don't mind; I just calls 'em likes I sees 'em.

I just feel that Players should at least be able to consider taking on a Monster of an equal level, regardless of whether or not they can handle multiples.

[QUOTE][I]Too bad my country only sells the original green bottle. ;P[/I][/QUOTE]
You think that's something? Cripes, you should see how many flavors there are of Jones Soda over here. (Blueberry Pomegranate, Fufu Berry, ... Turkey and Dressing ....)

[QUOTE][I]To eliminate any bad blood between players in a party, the experience should be distributed evenly. Most missions will also give out experience and gold once completed.[/I][/QUOTE]
That last part I knew would happen. (Gold=OtakuBucks?)

Personally, I lean towards a slightly tilted XP distribution, but I see the sense in Even Steven, and I think that really you're right.

King Lol. :p

I'm a little confused as to how the Element and Status systems will actually work. I understand the whole one beats two beats three concept (a circular extension of Paper-Rock-Scissors, which has been used before). What does everything actually do? (I mean, I understand how Blindness will impair seeing, but what does that mean? And how mechanically does Flower beat Earth?)

[QUOTE][I][SIZE="1"]#1 [B]Sandy[/B] as [I]Kikuichimonji[/I], a 24 years old male [B]Mangaka[/B]
[I]Level:[/I] 4
[I]Experience:[/I] 52 (Next Lv-Up: 70)
[I]HP:[/I] 9+10=[B]19[/B]-4=15
[I]MP:[/I] 14+10=[B]24[/B]-9=15
[I]Atk:[/I] 5+2=7
[I]Mag:[/I] 7+3=10
[I]Element:[/I] water attack
[I]Status:[/I] none
[I]Abilities:[/I]

[I]Equipped Weapon:[/I] Fountain Pen
[I]Equipped Armor:[/I] School Uniform
[I]Inventory:[/I] 2x Candy, Mana Marble, Speech Bubble, Calligraphy Brush
[I]OtakuBucks:[/I] 120
[I]Missions Completed:[/I] #2, #6
[I]Missions Accepted:[/I] #8
[I]Party:[/I] none[/SIZE][/I][/QUOTE]
You're currently going solo. All equipped item bonuses are in the first addition set, and I assume your combat negatives are in the second. Acquired abilities are listed, as well as Equipped and Inventory, etc.

From the stats, I'd say you're fighting a Loveworm. It's Hugged you twice; you have cast Sakura Blossom and Zipper Lips. I'll know more about how badly you've hurt it when I understand the damage/Elemental damage system better. :p

So, what was that "Help!" for?[/FONT]

Thanks, [B]Zeke[/B], in advance for any help. Thanks, [B]Jokopoko[/B], for an excellent dungeon which will surely be seen in the game. Thanks, [B]DB[/B], for your support and interest for this game. And thanks, [B]Allamorph[/B], you're a tremendous help! ;D

I've tweaked the Character Profile to be more clear, especially on behalf of statistics.

Allamorph asked about the elements and statuses. I don't have a full list yet, since they can all still change. I can tell you the basics, though.

[COLOR="Teal"]Water[/COLOR] is strong against [COLOR="DarkOrange"]fire[/COLOR] which is strong against [COLOR="Green"]flower[/COLOR], right? Now if you attack with Fountain Pen (water elemental weapon) against a Hate Mail (currently a fire-elemental Virus), you'll do [B]twice[/B] the damage. But if you try to cast Sakura Bud (a flower-elemental spell) against it, you will do [B]zero[/B] damage.

Furthermore, there are armor that can nullify certain elements, or even [B]absorb[/B] them (turn damage into healing).

Statuses are trickier. Currently I have configured seven negative statuses:
[B]Stun[/B] - makes target skip the next turn of attack, after which the status disappears
[B]Poison[/B] - takes away 3 HP from target every turn (post) until the status is healed or the target dies
[B]Blindness[/B] - makes target unable to see anything, thus preventing physical attacks (magic works just fine, however) until the status is healed
[B]Muteness[/B] - makes target unable to speak to anybody, thus preventing special skills and magic (physical attacks work in this case) until the status is healed
[B]Boredom[/B] - makes target tired of everything, preventing shopping, accepting missions and fighting (using items and talking are still possible), until healed (getting hit by "Laughter"-status when bored negates the effects of both)
[B]Laughter[/B] - makes target laugh incontrollably, preventing talking to anyone, shopping and accepting missions (using items and fighting are still possible), until healed (getting hit by "Boredom"-status when laughing negates the effects of both)
[B]Curse[/B] - negates target's element and positive status changes until healed

Each of these statuses (except Stun) has corresponding items and spells that removes them from the character (eg. an Antidote removes "Poison" and a Speach Bubble removes "Muteness", see also Therapist's skills).

Hope this answers to your questions about the subject, Allamorph!

On another matter, here's the [B]Bestiary[/B] in it's current form. These critters surely need some balancing, but I think they're varied enough from each other. If someone wants to add more Viruses to the list, be my guest!

[size=1]#1 [B]Loveworm[/B] (Virus Level 1)
HP: 5
MP: 5
Element: none
Ability:
- Hug (2 damage)
- Leech Kiss (drain 5 HP from target to self) MP -1
Drops (1/2 chance): Candy (restores 10 HP)
Reward: 2 Experience & 5 OtakuBucks
#2 [B]Paperboy[/B] (Virus Level 1)
HP: 7
MP: 15
Ability:
- Toss (5 damage)
- Papercut (3 damage to all opponents) MP -5
Drops (1/10 chance): Spellbook (adds +2 to basic MP)
Reward: 5 Experience & 10 OtakuBucks
#3 [B]Mousewheel[/B] (Virus Level 1)
HP: 12
MP: 8
Ability:
- Click (4 damage)
- Drag & Drop (7 damage and “Stun”-status) MP -4
Drops (1/3 chance): Candy (restores 10 HP)
Reward: 6 Experience & 10 OtakuBucks
#4 [B]Weed[/B] (Virus Level 1)
HP: 10
Element: flower
Ability:
- Intoxication (5 flower damage and “Poison”-status) MP -3
- Flower Power (8 flower damage) MP -6
Drops (1/2): Antidote (removes “Poison”)
Reward: 5 Experience & 5 OtakuBucks
#5 [B]Spambot Prototype[/B] (Virus Level 1)
HP: 6
MP: 0
Element: energy
Ability:
- Spam (4 energy damage)
Drops: nothing
Reward: 3 Experience & 0 OtakuBucks
# [B]Funny Bunny[/B] (Virus Level 2)
HP: 17
MP: 20
Ability:
- Kick (7 damage)
- Joke Around (inflicts “Laughter”-status) -4
- Ear Guard (nullifies physical damage for the next turn) MP -6
Drops (1/5 chance): Lollipop (restores 50 HP)
Reward: 12 Experience & 10 OtakuBucks
# [B]Cellshade[/B] (Virus Level 2)
HP: 25
MP: 10
Element: dark
Ability:
- Prison Escape (flees battle)
- Eerie Howl (8 sound damage) MP -5
- Creeping Shadow (4 dark damage and “Blindness”-status)
Drops (1/3 chance): Shiv (weapon)
Reward: 13 Experience & 5 OtakuBucks
# [B]Sparkle[/B] (Virus Level 2)
HP: 21
MP: 36
Element: energy
Ability:
- Spark (5 energy damage) MP -2
- Thunderball (10 energy damage to all enemies) MP -12
Drops (1/4 chance): Mana Marble (restores 25 MP)
Reward: 10 Experience & 15 OtakuBucks
# [B]Smudger[/B] (Virus Level 2)
HP: 15
MP: 40
Element: water/fire
Ability:
- Color Me Evil (changes element from water to fire) MP -2
- Color Me Good (changes element from fire to water) MP -2
- Wet Paint (16 water damage) MP -14
- Hot Paint (16 fire damage) MP -14
Drops (1/3 chance): Paint Brush (weapon)
Reward: 8 Experience & 20 OtakuBucks
# [B]Hate Mail[/B] (Virus Level 3)
Element: fire
Ability:
- You’ve Got Mail! (6 fire damage)
- I Hate You! (10 fire damage and “Curse”-status) MP -6
Drops (1/10 chance): Chain Mail (armor)
Reward: 15 Experience & 20 OtakuBucks
# [B]Peddler[/B] (Virus Level 3)
HP: 30
MP: 0
Ability:
- Pig In The Bag (10 damage)
- Spare Change (steals 10 OtakuBucks)
Drops (1/4 chance): Speech Bubble (removes “Mute”)
Reward: 18 Experience & 30 OtakuBucks[/size]

And to go with them, here are some beginner [B]Missions[/B], just so you get an idea of what they will be like:

[size=1][U]Mission #1: Worm Infestation[/U]
[B]Location:[/B] Otaku City, Lounge Bar
[B]Prerequisite:[/B] Gamer Lv1/Movie Freak Lv1
[B]Description:[/B] “Argh, Loveworms are eating holes to my [strike]pr0n[/strike] work files! Get rid of them for me, plz!” – Willy the [strike]Wanker[/strike] Workaholic
[B]Goal:[/B] Defeat 3 Loveworms at Willy’s office
[B]Reward:[/B] Buffer Sword, 10 Experience & 10 OtakuBucks

[U]Mission #2: Mystic Mess [/U]
[B]Location:[/B] Otaku City, Market Square
[B]Prerequisite:[/B] Mangaka Lv1/Therapist Lv1
[B]Description:[/B] “My books are all in disorder, someone must be sabotaging my work! Ooh, I can’t take the stress!” – Alice the Stressed-Out Spellbookstorekeeper
[B]Goal:[/B] Alphabetize Alice’s books and defeat 1 Paperboy at Alice’s Spellbookstore
[B]Reward:[/B] Candy, Mana Marble, 10 Experience & 15 OtakuBucks

[U]Mission #3: I Spy[/U]
[B]Location:[/B] N00b Mountain, Training Grounds
[B]Prerequisite:[/B] Spammer Lv1
[B]Description:[/B] “Some pansy Moderator Knights have been seen patrolling the area around our mountain. Go set them a trap!” – Gory the Enslaver
[B]Goal:[/B] Set a makeshift trap to 2 Moderator Knights
[B]Reward:[/B] Camouflage, 5 Experience & 20 OtakuBucks[/size]

If you want to know, I have 13 pages worth of text in my Word-file about this game already. XP

[size=1][color=teal]More locations for you Sami, I was feeling Piratey ;).

[center]-====-[/center]

[b][u]The Creative Docks[/u][/b] [i](Maybe not final name)[/i]

[b]Description:[/b] Home to some of the most inventive and intuitive residents of Ob, sadly however many of them live a life of Piracy. Numerous Pirate bands operate out of this port, and the most notorious of these are the Bikini Bandits. Though you can still live here as a good law abiding citizen, so long as you get into a bar fight now and again.

[b]Buildings:
Adventure Inn:[/b] The largest and best establishment in the Docks, whether it?s a quite drink or a bar room brawl you?re looking for this is the place.
[b]Adventure Square:[/b] Primarily a large market area where traders peddle their goods but Captains also look to recruit a crew here to journey to the Anthology Archipelago.
[i]There are also a myriad of smaller businesses and taverns in the city.[/i]

[b]NPCs:
Athena, the Pirate Queen:[/b] Leader of the Bikini Bandits, feared throughout the Kingdom.
[b]Arcadia:[/b] The landlady of the Adventure Inn, be careful not to cross her.
[b]Sheriff Jones:[/b] The law enforcer of the Docks, though she isn?t above bribery.

[b][u]Anthology Archipelago[/u][/b]

[b]Description:[/b] The islands of Anthology have long been a mystery to the Kingdom of Ob, few have dared to venture there for fear of the rumoured Voodoo-Priestess who lives on the islands. But there are tales enough of treasure that brave, or stupid, souls, will risk their lives to learn the Archipelagos secrets.

[b]Buildings/Locations:
The Great Ruins:[/b] Thought to be an ancient City of the Oldies, legends of a great store of treasure lure adventures here.
[b]The Catacombs:[/b] Across all of the islands there are great tunnels dug, as if by a giant worm, indeed there are legends of the Great Worms of Ob.
[b]The Rock:[/b] The largest island in the Archipelago, it is said the Voodoo-Priestess lives here so almost none have ventured onto its soil.

[b]NPCs:
Revelation of the Tribes:[/b] The Voodoo-Priestess of Anthology and ruler of all the Tribes there, she is not to be trifled with.
[b]Gavin, the Ancient One:[/b] While no one has ever seen him he is apparently one of the last living Oldies in Ob, who knows what secrets he will impart to those who find him?
[b]Tiana:[/b] Next to nothing is known about this Water Spirit, but it is said she is constantly searching for her true love and will kill any who stand in her way.[/size][/color]

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Will! You're saving me buttloads of work with these new locations! Would I dare to ask if you could perhaps make some missions for them, as well? Seeing as you kind of started it with the NPCs and all... Just follow the example I gave in my previous post.

I decided to alter the formula for locations a little bit. Take a look at this:
[SIZE="1"]
[CENTER][U]The N00b Mountain[/U][/CENTER]
[B]Description: [/B]This outback mountain is the den of outcasts and lowlifes. It lies on the northern outskirts of Ob. On top of the mountain is an old fortress of the Moderator Knights, which was abandoned and subsequently taken over by stray Spammers and Trolls. Law-abiding folk won’t find anything of use here.
[B]Locations:[/B]
[I]N00b Keep[/I] (building) – meet fellow outcasts and hear their latest devious plans.
[I]Training Grounds[/I] (field) – hone your battle-skills under the watchful eye of sadistic trainers (Viruses: Spambot Prototype)
[I]Prisons of Azerbaijan[/I] (dungeon) – beware of the ghosts that lie in these dungeons below the keep (Viruses: Cellshade, Mousewheel, Loveworm)
[I]Black Market[/I] (shop) – buy illegally gotten items and equipment, and don’t expect to get any change from your OtakuBucks.
[I]Slippery Slopes[/I] (field) – watch your step as you fight against the resident Viruses of the mountain (Viruses: Weed, Loveworm, Funny Bunny)[/SIZE]

As you can see, one town/region can now include four different types of locations:
[B]Buildings[/B] are important, inhabited constructions from where you can find NPCs but not Viruses (outside of special missions, that is).
[B]Shops[/B] are districts where you can buy and sell things, as well as find NPCs. List of what shop sells which items will come later.
[B]Field[/B] is an open outdoor area where you can freely fight Viruses specified in the description.
[B]Dungeon[/B] is a closed area indoors where you can also find Viruses to fight against. It should usually be a more challenging place than the nearby "field".

Hope this division helps creating the locations!

Guess what, guys? I have a new [B]beginner job[/B] for you! I think this will be the last one of that kind (unless something really cool comes up). Six jobs to choose from at the start should be just fine, but the advanced jobs could use some more options.

Anyway, the job is called Occultist (inspired by Jokopoko's Anthology Archipelago & Voodoo-Priestesses), and it's based on from mysticism, fortune-telling, gothic scene and New Age movements. Take a look:

[SIZE="1"][B]Occultist[/B] has found enlightenment from New Age movements, which makes it a repulsive job choice for law-abiding citizens of Ob. It uses blind faith as an excuse to do anything it wills.
- Basic HP: 3, Basic MP: 8, Basic Attack Power: 1, Basic Magic Power: 5
- Bone (lv1, Atk +1, Mag +1, Break Possibility 1/10)
- Wicked Wand (Lv3, Atk +2, Mag +4, dark element)
- Tarot Card (Lv5, Atk +4, Mag +6, spirit element)
- Crystal Ball (Lv7, Atk +6, Mag +10)
- Druid Sickle (Lv9, Atk +12, Mag +13)
- Black Cape (Lv2, HP +6, MP +4)
- Baddie Hoodie (Lv4, HP+13, protects from ?Stun?)
- Gothic Robe (Lv6, HP +15, MP +12, nullifies dark element)
- Wizard?s Cloak (Lv8, HP+22, MP +25, protects from ?Muteness?)
- KKK Cloak (lv10, HP +26, MP +28)
[I]New Age:[/I]
- Premonition (Lv1, automatically be the first to act in a battle)
- Ghastly Touch (Lv2, +3 spirit elemental damage) MP -4
- Bad Sign (Lv3, +3 dark elemental damage and ?Curse?-status) MP -6
- Blood Rite (Lv4, drain 8 HP from target to self) MP -8
- Scream From Beyond (Lv5, +6 sound elemental damage up to two targets) MP -9
- Brainwash (Lv6, transfer 15 MP from target to self) MP -12[/SIZE]

I felt that Spammer would need a more magic-oriented "chaotic" job to it's side, so here it has one. Also, many of the Occultist's Missions are linked to our notoriously beloved Raiha the Enchantress:

[SIZE="1"][U]Mission #4: The Apprentice[/U]
[B]Location:[/B] N00b Mountain, N00b Keep
[B]Prerequisite:[/B] Occultist Lv1
[B]Description:[/B] ?You seek infinite powers? You?ve come to the right mistress... If you wish me to teach you, go fetch me three Bones for my potion.? ? Raiha the Enchantress
[B]Goal:[/B] Acquire 3 Bones from Baby Skeletors down at the Prisons of Azerbaijan
[B]Reward:[/B] Spellbook, 10 Experience & 20 OtakuBucks[/SIZE]

Btw, I'm in desperate need of new missions at this moment, so that's one area I could really use some help.

[FONT=Arial]To avoid confusion, perhaps it would be better to only number those missions that are common to all job classes ? at least, those from the same alignment ? and use the individual mission names for the titles of class-specific missions. That way we wouldn't have Spammers going on their first quest looking like it's their third.

On that note, you're probably going to start asking for common missions. I'll think some.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]To avoid confusion, perhaps it would be better to only number those missions that are common to all job classes ? at least, those from the same alignment ? and use the individual mission names for the titles of class-specific missions. That way we wouldn't have Spammers going on their first quest looking like it's their third.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I don't agree. The mission numbers are there solely to keep track of who has completed what missions in the Character Profiles. Without them, it would be a chore to do that.

Besides, all of the missions I've come up now are job-specific. There's only one that's open to all of the four orderly jobs, and one that's open to both chaotic jobs. I intend to make more of those kind, however.

I've also planned the first [B]Story Mission[/B], where players will have a chance to go head-to-head for the first time. I'm not revealing anything more, but here's an excerpt from the Rules that I wrote about Story Missions:

[quote]Besides normal missions, there will be rare Story Missions that will be open to all players. Those Missions will have huge rewards, but they are also hard to survive through. If your character dies during one, you cannot return to the mission like typically.[/quote]

And here's a chapter on [B]dying[/B] in the game:

[quote]When facing Viruses on the field or during missions, your character might meet it?s end by losing all of it?s HP. However, your game is not over if that happens. If you?re lucky enough to have a friend with you, he or she can revive your character with specific skills or items. If no-one?s around, your character will return to the place it started the whole adventure completely recovered, but only after five posts have been posted after the death scene. Having to wait five posts is a small punishment considering that you won?t actually lose anything.[/quote]

Then some good news: if everything goes smoothly, I think we're ready to start the [B]beta-testing[/B] as soon as next weekend! Yay for that! XD

[quote name='Sandy][I']I don't agree. The mission numbers are there solely to keep track of who has completed what missions in the Character Profiles. Without them, it would be a chore to do that.[/I][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Oh, I know, and I understand the reasoning. I was just thinking that it would be a chore to keep track of which class had access to what mission, especially if the numbers jump around – which they will if they're numbered in the order they are created in.

Either way. I'm just putting forth a thought there.

We'll see how the death/respawn thingie works in the beta, then. I look forward to it.

[B]Edit:[/B] Premonition? That's low.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial] - which they will if they're numbered in the order they are created in.[/font][/quote]

Actually, at this moment the missions are numbered vaguely by the level of jobs required. I still don't see the problem you're seeing...

[quote name='Allamorph][font=Arial][B]Edit:[/B'] Premonition? That's low.[/FONT][/quote]

Are you talking about what the skill does or the fact that it's named after Prem? ;P