OtakuBoards

Games that Des Should Buy

Nomurah!

[B][COLOR="HotPink"]Well well well. Desbreko needs to get some more games. Alot more games. And so, we're here to help him decide what games to get.

Well. We have quite the lineup of systems to get games for. NES, SNES, Atari 2600, GBA, DS, GCN, Wii, PSX and PS2. Anywho. It's already been decided that he absolutely needs to get Dragon Quest VIII and Final Fantasy XII.

Resident Evil 4(PS2, GCN, soon on Wii)- Voted best of 2006 on X-Play, this is absolutely one of the best games ever. Shooter, Action, Puzzles.. This game has really got it all, and in my opinion, the best RE game to date. The PS2 version is better, but the GCN version is still awesome, of course, it matters what you call "better"

Dark Cloud 1 and 2(PS2)- these two RPGs are great. Very original indeed, great story, and they kept me interested for hours. They loosely remind me of .hack or The Legend of Zelda, and I highly recommend them if you're a fan of RPGs.

Warioware DS- Come on, Des, This game is teh shiz. Tis awesome. Throwing ninja stars at doods...blowing...playing piano...harmonica... It's the best minigame game...thing...ever. Besides Mario Party.

.hack 1-4(PS2)- These are wayyy awesome. Voted best RPG of 2003, and loved by fans all around the nation, they bring something new to the table. The story is awesome...the way you play...is awesome. It almost is like you're in the real online game, which...is awesome. O.o.

.hack G.U//Rebirth- This game is great fun. It kept me wanting more, and I liked the gameplay alot more than the originals. It's alot mroe fastpaced, and alot easier to go out and level up. It's very interactive as well, which I like.

Custom Robo (GCN)- This is great. The graphics aren't the best, but it's a great game to play. The story is great, and the battles and gameplay are awesome. Building robots is always fun, right? In fact, there's two stories...The first is the main story, and then, after you beat that, you can play the story after that, in which you go around battling in tournaments around the city. Usually, I don't go back to replay games as much as I've replayed this one...I've beat at least twenty times...I play it all the time.

Anyjoe. Yeah. Help Des get good games. Gosh.

.....[url]www.paypal.com [/url] ...hahahaha JK JK JK xD[/COLOR][/B]

[font=arial][size=1]As much as I love the .hack franchise, the first quadrilogy just sucks and isn't worth Dessy's 200 hours. It's fun at first, but by the third game, it just becomes a chore with no incentive to push forward.

He should, however, get that Megaman X Collection, even though he dislikes the games. That's a lot of wasted talent, man.

Also, he needs to save up for an Xbox 360 so he can join us GS'ers on Live. :)[/font][/size]

Ever heard of a game called Evergrace? It's for the PS2. I quite enjoyed playing it, but it's not what other people might call brilliant. It is worth a look though.

EDIT: Oh, I have to describe it? It's essentially an RPG, with battles in real time instead of turn-based random encounters. The story is pretty interesting, and the graphics are smart. The best thing about it is the customisation with armour and weapons (different combinations give different abilities) - but it's a little hard to explain, so get it!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I personally second the recomindation of .Hack G.U.//Rebirth and now Reminisce.
As meationed before these games are very easy to get used to. The fighting sytem, to me, gets a little confusing in VOl.2, but the game quailty defentially improves.

The main character, Haseo is a bit different from his anime counter-part in that he is less naive and I guess hopeful. It takes a while to get used to his attitude, but he's not that bad, iin comparison to Tales of the Abyss's main Luke. Now that was a game I was looking forward to but alas, the main dude was so annoying and , neh I really don't want to discuss my dissapointment in that game.

But, back to .Hack G.U. I really hope that Des gets this games series, assuming Des likes RPGS.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Really, I don't know Desbreko all that much but, hey, whatever.

He needs to skip ahead a generation and get a 360. Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and Eternal Sonata are coming out if you're down on that lame RPG thing and of course the console already has a multitude of awesome titles that every man should play.

Gears of War, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Lost Planet, Call of Duty 2, The Darkness, and so on so forth.

Get a 360 Des. Who cares about the last generation? Out with the old and in with the new![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Nom, you have terrible taste in agames, and you're dealing with a man with an outstanding taste. First of all, the [B].hack [/B]games suck. They get boring fast and the story is lame at this point and has been rehashed to death. [B]Dark Cloud [/B]also get's repetitive after the first dungeon. [B]Custom Robo [/B]is alright, but go for the DS version. I't s like the same game, but portable and with wi-fi.

My reccommendation would be [B]Shadow of the Colossus [/B]if he hasn't played it already. An amazing adventure that I personally enjoyed even more than [B]Zelda[/B]...[/COLOR]

[color=blue][size=1]Whether you're joking with Nomura or not, telling someone that they have bad taste in games is rather rude. It's his opinion on what games he thinks Desbreko should check out, and therefore you have no right to degrade him for his choice of games. I advise you to cool your jets. ~Tombstone~[/color][/size]

I really don't know if I could really recommend .hack to him either. The online concept is fun and the overarcing story is OK... but it's very slowly developed, you have to buy multiple games to get the full picture and the gameplay is [I]incredibly repetitive[/I]. Actual MMORPGs have more interesting quests than those games and that's really saying something.

I don't think he'll buy most of what's being brought up here anyway. He already made it sound as though his wallet is being stretched just by the handful of Wii games he wants to get.

I would recommend RE4, for the wii because it's so cool to wield the knife with the Wiimote. It's such a cool game and the addition of a new control scheme makes it better. They also have the Ada Wong missions in there, so there's plenty of game for Des to play.

I think that if he's into fighters, he needs to get a good fighting game. I would recommend Tekken 5: Dark Resurection or Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. The latter is like five games in one (SF Alpha 1, 2, 2 gold, 3 and Pocket Fighter *known as super gem fighter in Japan*) That's a good buy if you ask me.

[color=darkred]I've gathered that Desbreko knows what's best in a game for himself, so I won't recommend anything here. But one thing: Resident Evil 4 is by and far no way the best in the series. It doesn't even compare because it is so different to the rest.

Besides, everyone knows that Outbreak pwnz them all.[/color]:p

[quote name='Bombu'][color=darkred]I've gathered that Desbreko knows what's best in a game for himself, so I won't recommend anything here. But one thing: Resident Evil 4 is by and far no way the best in the series. It doesn't even compare because it is so different to the rest.[/color]:p[/QUOTE]

You're still running around and killing zombie-like enemies and solving stupid puzzles. Seems like a natural progression to me and certainly a heck of a lot less clunky.

Besides which, I find it hard to believe that he has a GameCube and hasn't played through this game. Is that true?

[quote name='Semjaza']You're still running around and killing zombie-like enemies and solving stupid puzzles. Seems like a natural progression to me and certainly a heck of a lot less clunky.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkred]Yeah, but I prefered the survival aspect to the series, more like what RE1, 2, and Code: Veronica had to offer. RE4 is mostly action orientated, and yeah, there are just as many puzzles and just as much back tracking, but it just isn't as scary and intense as the others.[/color]

[quote name='Bombu'][color=darkred]Yeah, but I prefered the survival aspect to the series, more like what RE1, 2, and Code: Veronica had to offer. RE4 is mostly action orientated, and yeah, there are just as many puzzles and just as much back tracking, but it just isn't as scary and intense as the others.[/color][/QUOTE]

I think the clunky controls and horrible camera angles made the previous games more scary than the action itself. I find RE 4 to be a culmination of all the previous games, but it also has new and exciting stuff that it brings to the table.

How can you not tell me that smart parasite infected people aren't more freaky than zombies? They figured stuff out man! Those dudes with the Chainsaws were pretty creepy too. Let's not forget the parasites that could munch off your head with one stroke too. Plus those action cutscenes were pretty intense, like the knife fight. That was crazy.

[quote name='Sesshomarufan']I think the clunky controls and horrible camera angles made the previous games more scary than the action itself. I find RE 4 to be a culmination of all the previous games, but it also has new and exciting stuff that it brings to the table.

How can you not tell me that smart parasite infected people aren't more freaky than zombies? They figured stuff out man! Those dudes with the Chainsaws were pretty creepy too. Let's not forget the parasites that could munch off your head with one stroke too. Plus those action cutscenes were pretty intense, like the knife fight. That was crazy.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkred]Don't forget the voice acting. They should call it Dialogue Evil or something. Go around roughing up letters of the alphabet or something.

Anyway, it's not so much the things you fight, but the atmosphere and surroundings. Stuff like hearing your own footsteps, or hearing a hunter off-screen, and the weird, weird soundtrack. But I agree with the chainsaw guy. The feeling you get when you see him running up to you from a distance, haha. It's like "oh **** oh **** oh ****".[/color]

[quote name='Semjaza']Besides which, I find it hard to believe that he has a GameCube and hasn't played through this game. Is that true?[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]I haven't, actually. Like you mentioned, my wallet is pretty much always being stretched just to get the few games I want the most, and RE4 just wasn't a priority. Running around and blasting zombies (or whatever they are in that one) looked fun, but it also looked like something I'd probably get bored with relatively fast. I really just can't afford to buy a game that I'm not going to enjoy for a long time or else I end up sitting around with nothing to play besides older games and no money for anything new.

I suppose this means I should get a job, huh?[/color]

[B][COLOR="HotPink"]Yes mate, get a job, by the way, RE4 is already out for Wii, so get it. lol

Soul Calibur II (GCN, Xbox, PS2)- Best fighting game ever (in my opinion, besides Tekken 5 of course and SSB) It offers good story, except for the fact that you read alot. There are alot of unlockable weapons and stages. Loved it.

Soul Calibur III (PS2)- Yeah, this is freaking awesome. Customizable characters, great story mode, and great second story mode (SM for characters, and then your own personal customizable character SM which is very much like one of those RTS, yet...it's not.) Great game to play in Multiplayer, and even when you're by yourself.

Tekken 5 (PS2)- Favorite of the tekken series, it offers amazing graphics, customizable characters, in which you can buy items and etc. for them to wear in the store, great live play (though I havn't played it but once at a friend's house) and it's very fun to play single or multiplayer. I played through it so many times, buying more things, unlocking more characters, and of course rewatching the cutscenes all the time, which are amazing. Thumbs up for this.

Guitar Hero II (PS2, 360)- Des, I think you know the score. It's great. Get it. I'm sure you've probably heard enough of this game. not much to it. Alot of great songs to play. Mastery is fun. Buy songs, characters, outfits. Yep.

P.S. RE is great, I've beat it five times before, and after you beat it, it offers even more of the game to you. It's so fun, not so easy to beat, but it's easy to master. Fun to go back and keep turning up a notch, from easy to normal to hard. :][/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='I'm Not Nomura']

[quote]Resident Evil 4(PS2, GCN, soon on Wii)- Voted best of 2006 on X-Play, this is absolutely one of the best games ever. Shooter, Action, Puzzles.. This game has really got it all, and in my opinion, the best RE game to date. The PS2 version is better, but the GCN version is still awesome, of course, it matters what you call "better"[/quote]

GC version is better in terms of graphics and controls. PS2 just has more content. Wiis control scheme is a lot of fun for this game. I don't know why you think the game would get boring Des? It keeps you on edge the whole way through. One of the best action games ever.

[quote].hack 1-4(PS2)- These are wayyy awesome. Voted best RPG of 2003, and loved by fans all around the nation, they bring something new to the table. The story is awesome...the way you play...is awesome. It almost is like you're in the real online game, which...is awesome. O.o. [/quote]

No just no. The .hack games suck so much. If you wanted to play an online MMORPG go play an actual MMORPG like Guild Wars. .hack you run through the same dungeon 100,000x . The battle system sucks and the stroy is boring it also has one of the worst conclusions ever.

[quote].hack G.U//Rebirth- This game is great fun. It kept me wanting more, and I liked the gameplay alot more than the originals. It's alot mroe fastpaced, and alot easier to go out and level up. It's very interactive as well, which I like. [/quote]

These games suck to. It's just more action based then the originals. I dont know what you found interactive about this piece of crap. OMG a card game! Seriously avoid it.

[quote]Custom Robo (GCN)- This is great. The graphics aren't the best, but it's a great game to play. The story is great, and the battles and gameplay are awesome. Building robots is always fun, right? In fact, there's two stories...The first is the main story, and then, after you beat that, you can play the story after that, in which you go around battling in tournaments around the city. Usually, I don't go back to replay games as much as I've replayed this one...I've beat at least twenty times...I play it all the time.[/quote]

Your ideas of good plots scare me. GC version is good but you are pretty much doing the same thing over and over. The DS version is a lot better.

I recomend all the Castlevania on the portable systems{GBA , DS). Not the horrible console ones.

[quote name='Kenshin DX'] I recomend all the Castlevania on the portable systems{GBA , DS). Not the horrible console ones.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PSX?

Sure, all the console Castlevania's were terrible, lol

The PS2 installments were fun. The only "horrible" console Castlevania game is Castlevania 64, and after you got past the finicky camera, the game was actually very well put-together, and the level design was great.

I reccomend any of the Phoenix Wright titles for the DS. Addictive gameplay, vibrant, colorful characters, an innovative, quirky concept, and some damn challenging puzzles round out this game. You could probably pick up a copy of the first one for 20 bucks. I believe the sequel is around $25 or $30.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkred]I lied when I said I wouldn't recommend anything. Just acquire a Spectrum, punch in Robocop, post here telling us how awesome it is, and then let me put this thread out of its misery.

Also, Castlevania I > Kenshin DX (and Billy Shears too if he wasn't being sarcastic).[/color]

[color=#4B0082]RE4 just doesn't seem like my kind of game. I'm sure I could play through it once and have fun but I doubt I'd ever pick it up again after that. Single player shooters (either first or third person) rarely hold my interest for long unless it's a sidescroller like Metroid or Mega Man.

And yes, I do have FFIII on the DS. It's pretty good.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]RE4 just doesn't seem like my kind of game. I'm sure I could play through it once and have fun but I doubt I'd ever pick it up again after that. Single player shooters (either first or third person) rarely hold my interest for long unless it's a sidescroller like Metroid or Mega Man.

And yes, I do have FFIII on the DS. It's pretty good.[/color][/QUOTE]

Have you bought X8 yet? That's a pretty decent game. I think that they shouldn't have actually included voiceovers in the game. It's a solid game though Des. I have it and I would suggest it.

How about Pikmin 2 on the GCN? It?s a really fun game that combines both real-time strategy and creative puzzle elements together in one game. Plus, being able to control an army of Pikmins (little plant creatures) to assist you on your adventure to find valuable treasures is an amazing experience. Visually speaking, it?s a gorgeous looking game that still holds up well today in my opinion.

As for 2-D shooters, I recommend any of the Metal Slug games. They?re all awesome run and gun games. Lots of cool weapons, intense boss battles, and classic 2-D gameplay. They?re all pretty short games, though. But to me that?s a good thing since they can get kind of tiresome after a while.

[quote name='Treble']How about Pikmin 2 on the GCN? It?s a really fun game that combines both real-time strategy and creative puzzle elements together in one game. Plus, being able to control an army of Pikmins (little plant creatures) to assist you on your adventure to find valuable treasures is an amazing experience. Visually speaking, it?s a gorgeous looking game that still holds up well today in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]If he had a [B]360 [/B]he'd be able to play [B]Pikmin 3[/B]. While the others were interesting, I like Pikmin 3 the best because it's far more comical and the pikmin are a lot more controllable than in the other games. While the system isn't as advanced as the first two, it's not as tedious and has more fun levels.

BTW, I'm talking about [B]Overlord [/B]>_>[/COLOR]