OtakuBoards

Meteo City 2 (*HV3*)

RicoTranzrig

[I]Hiro woke up, blurry-eyed and with a massive headache...[/I]

Hiro: Ugh..

Julian: Hiro! That was some party, bro.

Hiro: Wha?

[I]Hiro sits up, still half asleep... He realises where he is; Lying half-naked in a bed full of women...[/I]

Hiro: Holy Sh*t! Musta been some party, man.

[I]Hiro gets up, and staggers across the cluttered room to a chair, where his shirt and pants lay messily. Obviously there from the night before.. Hiro grabs his pants quickly, puts them on, and then proceeds getting dressed, clumsily putting his head through the wrong hole in his shirt..[/I]

Marco: Hah! Dude, you're wasted.

Hiro: Damn, I jus' gotta get some coffee... I'm not a morning person..

Kenji: Ha! You got that right.

[I]Hiro barely manages to keep his eyes open while putting on his shirt.. He then spins around, and crashes down on the couch...[/I]

Hiro: So what's the plan today?

Marco: Hiro, what are you? Nuts? We never have a plan!

Hiro: ...True...

Julian: Yeah, well anyway, we don't have any performances 'till next Thursday, so we've all got a week off.

Marco: Excellent, I have got alot of work to catch up on.

Kenji: Work? Since when do you work?

Marco: Wha'?! I've been working at Liandri for quite some time, didn't I tell you!?

Julian: Yes, you told us. About 34 times.

Kenji: Yeah man, it's just Liandri.

Marco: Oh, come on! I'm like a big shot now!

Hiro: Marco... You sweep floors...

Marco: Yeah, I sweep floors [I]now[/I]... But think of where it could lead!

Julian: A career in professional sweeping?

Kenji: 'Marco, the man with the Mop'

Hiro: Yeah, you could use it as a gimmick... Play the drums with a broom...

[I]As the four band members joke around, Hiro glances up at a clock on the wall... It's 8:32am...[/I]

Hiro: 8:32?! Sh*t!

Kenji: Hiro man, what's up?

Hiro: I've gotta be at the Underground 2 minutes ago! Catch y'all later!

[I]The other 3 band members shout their farewells to Hiro, as he jumps over some sleeping party-goers, and heads out the door... The band resides in their own little pad, a private apartment block directly opposite the Meteo Shower bar... The two buildings are actually connected by a glass walkway that goes between the Bar and the apartment block, due to the fact that Julian is the Co-owner of the bar... Hiro runs through the walkway, glancing left for a second to look at the lack of cars driving down the Meteo City back street... He continues on his way, running into his bar, grabbing his Airboard on the way through... As he sprints through the bar, he shouts a quick greeting to the barmaid...[/I]

Hiro: Hey babe! No time to talk, gotta go!

Kaesia: Ha... Same old Hiro.

Hiro: You know it!

[I]Hiro jumps on his deck, and begins to speed off towards the Underground arena...[/I]

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=indigo][i]Night awoke in the morning and decided to go for a flight. He climbs up the fire escape to the top of hi apartment building...He is 84 stories above ground. Night leaps into the air rising at least an additional 20 feet. He spreads his arms and flies. He has never been sure why he can soar like he does...he has no wings or any physical attributes that would allow for this ability. It does take a small amount of concentration on his part, maybe it is a psychic ability. He knows that if he stops his concentration he could fall to his death, he has actually attempted this several times, but he always pulls himself out of the fall.

Today, however, Night is not contemplating suicide. Instead he is thinking of that strange boy he met the other day, the one with the blood of a dragon...Chole was his name. Night had an eerie feeling that somehow there fates were intertwined....[/color][/i]

[COLOR=darkblue]
[i]As Chole walks towards his apartment, he notices a young boy huddling in an alleyway cardboard box...[/i]

Chole: Hum kee day...

Boy: WTF?

Chole: Don't you have a home to go to?

Boy: No...and what do you care?!

Chole: Well, there's this girl named Iris...she works at the Shelter and she can help you and all...

Boy: I don't need help...I can take care of myself...

Chole: Oh yeah? Then what are you doing here?

Boy: I like it here...

Chole: Don't gimme that crap...

Boy: *Stands up* Looking for some trouble, you've found it...

Chole: :therock:

[i]The boy charges at Chole...he jumps straght up in the air and steps on his shoulders and lands behind the boy.[/i]

Chole: Don't even try...

Boy: *pant, heave*

Chole: Farewell...

Boy: W-wait...

Chole: What is it this time?

Boy: Where's Iris?

Chole: Glad you thought twice about that...

[i]"Now it doesn't look like I'll ever get home before dawn..."

Chole picks up the little kid and starts to blade towards the shelter...[/i]

[/COLOR]

[color=indigo][i] Night Glides into the park, and lands in a secluded area. He walks out of the bushes and sees a man being mugged.[/i]

Night-Hey, leave that man alone!!!

[i]The attacker turns toward Night and bears a hideous set of teeth and a pair of yellow eyes. "Oh great", Night thinks, "I'll be lucky if I don't have to go to the emergency room tonight. I wish I had health care."

The Hybrid leaps at Night lashing out with his teeth, but Night dodges and thejumps over his assailent kicking him in the back of the head. He then grabs his attacker in a headlock, and shoves his face into the trunk of a nearby tree. The attacker is quick to recover, however, and dashes into the twilight.[/i]

Night-We got lucky on that one, are you okay buddy...

Man-Ohhh.....

[i]Night notices the big gash in the mans stomach, he realizes the man doesn't have long.[/i]

Night-Don't worry sir, your badly wounded, I am going to take away your pain, just listen to my song...

[i]Night begins to sing, the man quickly falls asleep, he will not wake back up. "At least I could ease his suffering," thinks Night, I guess I should the police and let them know what happened..."[/i][/color]

*Liam walks hurriedly towards his apartment*

Liam: strange occurences going on around here. .

*The area becomes more up class, then Liam stops in front of a large aparment building and walks inside*

Liam: home at last. .I doubt I'll be able to afford it much longer without a job. .the iheritance should hold out until i get a job I hope. .

*Liam enters his apartment and turns on the news*

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole, carrying the boy cross the park to get to the Shelter, hoping that Iris is still working...he spots a dark figured hybrid in the grass, looking down at a human body.[/i]

Chole: *Walks towards the figure* Hey, is everything okay?

Night: *Turns around* Hmm...it wasn't my fault...

[i]Chole sets down the boy and touches the body...he viewed the final moments of this man's life...[/i]

Chole: Sad ending...I just wish...

Night: That things were better here?

Chole: Yeah...

Boy: Same here...

Chole: By the way...I didn't catch your name?

Night: Name's night...

[i]They hear sirens off from the distance...[/i]

Chole: This isn't good...if we stay here...things'll get more complicated..

Night: I know...I know...hope he can find some peace in death...

[i]Chole picks up the boy and jumps onto the pavement.[/i]

Chole: Where are you headed off to?

Night: *Spreads his wings* Wherever...the night is still young...

Chole: Okay...

Night: Wait...how about you?

Chole: I'm taking him to the shelter...

Night: Those people who killed that man are still around, most likely...be careful...

Chole: I will, thank you...

Night: *Jumps up* I'll watch you from up above...just in case...

[i]Chole starts blading towards the large shelter, tattered and tainted with neglect and age...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Iris: Rena........stay awake for this.

Rena: I am awake!

[i]Iris sniffed the ground, then raced off into the night, following the scent of Siren. Soon, she tracked it to a cafe. Stopping in a nearby alley, she detransformed, and walked into the joint, with Rena at her side.[/i]

Siren: Iris?

Iris: Hello Siren. I have somebody who needs to talk to you.

Rena: Hi! I'm Rena!

Siren: And a panther....

Iris: Black puma...she has two sisters with the same round ears and tail.

Siren: How can I help her?

Rena: Well we need a home soon. Iris can only support one of us three.

Siren: I don't have money.

Iris: I just need for you to give one of her sisters a home for a bit. I hate to sepparate them, but the Shelter has no room for them. They're in my house but I can't support them for long.

Siren: What do you think I am? A mother?

Iris: *sigh* I can't tell you what to do. But if Rena's sisters don't get a home soon, they'll be better off living on the streets.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole and the boy make it to the shelter and look up. He sees night and gives him a thumbs up, who sets down on the roof to wait for Chole. He opens the door and looks around.[/i]

Boy: It looks deserted...

Chole: Hello?!

[i]Silence...[/i]

Chole: Hmm...it's empty...look I'm sorry...I thought someone would be here...

Boy: I guess it's back to the streets for me...

Chole: ...Why don't you come and stay with me for a while?

Boy: ist that okay?

Chole: Yeah...I live alone...c'mon let's go...

[i]They head outside...[/i][/COLOR]

*Liam stands transfixed on the image on the tv, looking at a somehow familiar location, now in ruins*

Liam: no that was a dream. .a dream. .*he runs a sweaty hand through his hair, a look of horror on his face*

Newsreporter: ...residents in the area claim to have seen a lone teenager before the area was destroyed by 'black lightning,' police forensics who studied the bodies of the dead have indeed proved the dead were killed by lightning. In later news. .

*Liam turns off the TV, desperately trying not to remember those horrible events*

Liam: a dream. .

[COLOR=royalblue]Iris: I'll let you think about it Siren. I've got to see my girls again.

Siren: Right.

Rena: Bye bye!

[i]She leaves Siren alone with her thoughts, and the two girls walk out into the frosty night. Without a word, Iris holds Iris's hand. The walk away in silence [/

NPC: Hey! Get that freak off the sidewalk!

Iris: Are you adressing my daughter?

NPC: Who do ya think?

Iris: :demon: I sugest you move, before the police move you......in a body bag.

NPC: Oo....tought girl.

Iris: :flaming: Rena. Stay here.

[i]In a blaze of power, Iris was standing before the man in her deer form, flaming with energy. She raised one razor sharp hoof and lowered her horns at him.[/i]

Iris: If you insult her...you insult me. Now get out of my sight before I hurt you.

NPC: :eek: *runs away*

Rena: YEHEAH!!!

Iris: :smirk: *goes human* Should've lost my temper...[/COLOR]

[b][size=1][i]Alpha walked along, peering deeply upon the ground. He had finally reached his "home". The sun had already risin, and he was just arriving. He climbed up the ten flights of stairs, and simply kicked the door in. The strong, padded, lock snapped. He had finally learned to channel, as well as control, his extreme power. A letter lay on the ground, his name, as well as a Polish doctor's. He clented his hands into fists, and thought [/i][i][b]"Why can't you leave me alone? You alreaded fuc`ed my life up, and you still want me to do your dirty jobs. Screw off, old man! SCREW OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE!"[/b][/i].

[i]He plopped down on his tattered bed, and closed his eyes. By some twisted way of luck, as soon as he closed his eyes, the clock rang sharply. Instantly. He slowly got back up, rearing his right hand back, his claws sliding out. He let lose, and ripped the buzzing clock to shreads with one swipe. He pulled his hand back, and looed at the claws in extreme shock. They automatically recoiled.[/i]

Alpha: [i]NO WAY! I CAN FORM AND RETRACT PARTS WITHOUT TRANSFORMING?! WEIRD![/i] "Hmm........ Too strange. This is new. Must be something the "good Doctor" put in there. Hey, what time is it? SHI`! 8:32?! DAMN, I'M LATE ON THE FIRST DAY! DAMN!"

[i]Alpha sped into his closet of clothes, and picked out a Fila' shirt, his favorite Reebok wind-breaker suit he hand-picked, the maroon and slate jacket, the grey, black, and white long, baggy pants. He undressed from his street clothes, and got a quick shower. Three minutes down. 8:36. He got out his gel, towel around his waist, and spiked his hair out in all directions. One minute down. 8:37. Three more minutes getting his hair perfectly right. 8:40. He ran out to his bed, and got dressed. He got his expensive 'Domain' collogne(sp?), giving it two small squirts, on hi jacket. Six more minutes. 8:46. Only nine more minutes grace-time left to get to the door. He charged downstairs, skipping three steps at a time. 8:48. He ran down the street, in the cold morning air. He quickly desided, and dashed clumsily into an allyway. His body blurred, and he transformed. He hummed along, faster than the eye can see. By the time he reached downtown Meteo City, six more minutes had passed. 9:54. He finally reached the club, detransforming in an instant. He stood at the door, calm as nothing was wrong. The manager did a double take, looking at him, standing in the doorway, a single drop of sweat forming in Alpha's brow. The manager looked Alpha's outfit over, approving it from his position eight feet away from the door, the bar's namelist podium.[/i]

Manager: *looks at watch* "Just in time... Very good."
Alpha: :laugh: "I...uh....I'll be honest. I almost missed it. Partied too hard last night. Hahahaha!" :nervous:
Manager: "Well, at least you got here in time. Here. Heads up!"

[i]The manager threw Alpha an ear mic, and a walkie-talkie, as well as a small night-stick. Alpha attached the ear mic in his left ear, the small walkie-talkie and his shoulder(OOC: Like cops'), and the night-stick in the inside pocket of his jacket. He pulled out his shades, the silvery, one-sided lenses glinting in the soft lights of the warm, inviting bar. He slipped them on, and chatted with the manager, until around 11am, when he started his first day as a bouncer.[/i][/size][/b]

[color=indigo][i]Night glides through the air. He notices a figure following him from the ground. "It is that mugger, he must be afraid of me IDing him. Well, someone should even the score of that mans death."

Night lands on top of the roof of an office building. He looks down at his stalker, knowing that he is not a physical match for him. Night knows his stalker can see him fine through his hybrid eyes, and he beckons him for a confrontation on the roof. The stalker seems all too happy to oblige. Night jumps to the top of the antenna on top of the building, knowing it will take his adversary will follow him up. Night begins to sing. It isn't long before his stalker shows up on the roof, Night continues to sing as the hybrid climbs toward him, his needle sharp teeth glistening in the moonlight. Night can tell the song is working though. His adversary is very sleepy now.

With in a few feet of Night the mugger falls asleep and begins plummeting to the roof. At the same time Night leaps from the roof. He is aware that his attaker won't be too hurt if he falls off the antenna. Night grabs his assailent as he falls and swoops to the edge of the building...[/i]

Night-Wake up you Son of a

[i]Nights assailent wakes, and night releases him. The last thought the mugger will have as he plummets to his death is "Am I still dreaming...

Night glides toward the club district...[/i][/color]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole, carrying the boy, begin to blade home through the park...[/i]

Boy: Are you really shure that it's okay?

Chole: Yeah, I got a bunch of stuff, extra bed...lotsa food and all of that...

[i]As the near the center of the park, a bolt of lightning strikes Chole down to the ground. A group of masked figures surround Chole and the boy.[/i]

????: Which one do you want?

????2: The boy will suffice...

????: Which one though?

????2: Just choose randomly...they look both the same, in some way...

[i]Chole tries to struggle, but the group is too strong as they pry the boy out of Chole's arms...[/i]

Boy: Help! O...god! Help!

[i]Chole only looks in complete shock as they take him away into the night. The last masked figure kicks him in the head, knocking him unconscious in the middle of the park...

"It happened all in an instant, a flash of lightning, then they came...the 'black lightning' I had a similar feeling as I touched the door of the fruit shop or when I touched the dead body of the man killed here earlier...somehow, I felt that they were the same group of people...as I lay in the darkness of Meteo City's centeral park...I thought no one would find me and I would be dead by morning..."[/i][/COLOR]

[color=indigo][i]Night is gliding over the park toward the club district when he sees a bolt of lightning. It is pretty close so he decides to land. Once on the ground Night looks up to the sky and sees that there are no clouds. He hears voices through the brush. Chole and the boy he is with are surrounded by a group of masked figures. Night shudders, he knows he can do nothing to help Chole so he hides in the bushes.

He watches the men take the boy and knock out Chole, then leave in a hurry. Night waits fifteen or twenty minutes beore going over to Chole. He is very afraid that the men will come back.[/i]

Night-Chole wake up, man...CHOLE WAKE UP!!! Come on man we gotta get outta here...!!!

[i]Chole snaps to, and immediatly is on top of Night, Snarling with anger[/i]

Night-(thinking, wow Chole is incredibly fast if he doesn't snap too I'm a goner) Chole it's me, Night, stop man, Its me Night...

Chole(a look of realization in his eyes)-Oh night, god I'm sorry... I was attacked...the boy was taken

Night-I know, Iwas in the bushes...::ashamed::..I couldn't help, I'm Sorry...[/color]

Shiro in human form watches night and Chole from a tree. Night and Chole see Shiro and start to chase him. Shiro jumps down and rushes into a hidden alley and transforms into his hybrid form. Shiro walks out and sees Night and Chole run by him. Shiro goes back to his human form.

[i]Lynd pretended to be asleep. He could hear talking in the corridor outside his room. His ears twitched as he strained to hear the voices...[/i]

???: How is the patient, nurse?

Nurse: He's doing just fine, doctor.

Doctor: Good. We'll let him rest tonight. But tomorrow morning, I want you to prepare him for surgery.

Nurse: Certainly, doctor. May I ask doctor...uhh, what you'll be doing with him?

Doctor: Oh nothing major. We'll just be performing a number of tests on him, in order to determine exactly what percentage of him is animal. I'm sure it will be very beneficial research for the residents of Meteo City.

Nurse: Oh. Okay then, doctor. See you tomorrow morning then.

Doctor: Yes, see you tomorrow.

[i]The nurse clearly had no idea what the doctor's true plans were. Lynd knew that he had to find out what was going on, if he was to survive.

He managed to use his claws to open the straps on his torso. He then leant down and opened the straps on his feet.

Still rubbing his sore forehead, Lynd sat up on the hospital bed. He looked around the room and noticed a folder full of documents sitting on a desk nearby.

Lynd carefully stood up, being careful not to fall over, and made his way to the desk. He sat down on the chair by the desk and opened the folder.

Right away, these documents were worrying. The first document read:[/i]

[b]METEO CITY HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICE DEPARTMENT

STUDY OF HYBRID GENES REPORT - 2010 EDITION[/b]

[i]Lynd flipped through the heavy document and noticed several disturbing lines...[/i]

[b]"Studies have demonstrated that hybrid genes lead to an increase in criminal activity and immoral behavior. Therefore, the Health & Human Services Department of Meteo City has undertaken a ten year plan to purify the gene pool of the city, thus reducing crime rates and improving the health and welfare of normal citizens."[/b]

[i]Normal citizens. Lynd had never thought of himself as normal -- always second class. Even hybrids which held high-ranking positions in the Meteo City Government didn't seem to know that this report existed, or that the Health & Human Services Department was undertaking measures which would threaten at least half of the city's population.

But the mayor of Meteo City was himself, a hybrid. This didn't make any sense to Lynd. Why would the Government of Meteo City be trying to remove hybrid genes from the population?

The report seemed to indicate that there was a plan to completely eradicate the "hybrid menace" within a ten year period. If that was the case, then why was Lynd here in this room? What were they going to do with him? And more importantly, was this actually a Government building he was in?

If what Lynd suspected was true, then Meteo City's own Government was terribly corrupt. Lynd knew that he would have to do something to stop this situation from going any further.

But Lynd didn't have the time to ponder the situation anymore -- he heard footsteps approaching.

Lynd quickly got up from the desk and jumped back into bed, reattaching the straps and pretending to fall asleep.

The door opened and the doctor who's voice Lynd had heard earlier walked in.

He approached Lynd's bed and checked the various instruments which were laying on the table beside the bed.[/i]

Doctor: Ahh, my specimen. You're going to do great things for me, Lynd. I can feel it. You and I are going to wipe out all the hybrid scum in the city and I will be in line for one hell of a promotion.

[i]The doctor leaned down over Lynd.[/i]

Doctor (whispering): I can't wait 'till the day when I don't see anymore of your kind on the street. You...[i]things[/i] sicken me to the core. I can't wait to operate on you and find out what makes you tick...

[i]The doctor laughed quietly and walked out of the room, closing the door on his way out.

Lynd turned his head to one side, gazing out the window. He didn't know what would become of him, or of his beloved city. All he knew was that he would go down fighting -- they'd never take him alive.[/i]

Ralvenar pulled his car up outside his flat. He walk in, and throws his trenchcoat on the chair.

Ralvenar *checks watch* 3 hours until I start for work... wait..... my watch has stopped!

Ralvenar ran into the kitchen and looked up at the clock. It read 10: 25.

Ralvenar: Crap..... I gotta hurry!

Ralvenar quickly threw off his Vest and jeans, and put on a white shirt, white black blazer and black trousers. He fized his black tie on, and got his shades. He put on his black shoes, and ran out of his flat. He jumped in his car and sped off down the street. He turned on the radio.

Radio: Witnesses suggest that this lightning strike was not fatal to the boy....... and the MCPD suggest that this was a completely natural event.

Ralvenar: Wonder what that's all about.

Ralvenar pulled up his car outside a club, where a guy with spiked black hair stood.

Ralvenar: Must be the new kid.

Ralvenar approached the entrance.

???: You on the guest list?

Ralvenar: Whoa hot-shot, I work here. I'll be keeping you company for the next 6 hours. Name's Ralvenar.

The guy shakes Ralvenar's hand.

???: I'm Alpha..... it's my first day, I'm a little edgy.

Ralvenar: Ah don't worry, the boss will think your an angel next to me.

Boss: Ralvenar, your late!

Ralvenar: Sorry boss, my watch stopped.

Boss: Well, make sure it doesn't happen again!

The boss walks back inside. Alpha glares at Ralvenar.

Alpha:*thinking* Is he an elf...... he must be. He seems like such a nice guy....... but I sense nothing but evil in him. He must be like me........ a hybrid.

[FONT=century gothic]Late morning.

Senda double-checked the address on the slip of paper she held in her hand. Yeah, this was the place. Taking a breath, she walked in through the large glass double door.

A woman sat behind a counter, fling her nails. Senda rolled her eyes. [i]High class place,[/i] she muttered. "Excuse me, ma'am?"

The secretary looked up. "Yes? Can I help you?"

"Yeah. I saw your ad in the paper, and--"

The woman cut her off. "Here you go, dearie, just fill out this form." She handed Senda a piece of paper and began filing her nails again.

Senda scanned the page. [i]Name of Hybrid. Animal. Estimated percent Animal....[/i] She blinked. This was hardly the job application form she'd expected. "Erhm...ma'am?" She handed the form back. "I'm not a hybrid."

"Of course you aren't, honey." The woman picked up a pen and poised her hand to begin writing. "Now, what's your animal half?"

Senda muttered something darkly, then sighed. "I'm not a hybrid," she repeated.

The secretary eyed her. "Something furry, with big eyes. A squirrel?"

[i]Why me?[/i], Senda asked silently. "Perhaps you didn't hear me? I. Am. Not. A. Hybrid."

"Then why are you applying for the job?" The secretary demanded with exasperation.

"What are you talking about? The ad didn't saying anything about that being a requirement!"

"Of course it did--[i]oh[/i]--You must mean the [i]other[/i] ad. You want a job."

"Yes," Senda said tersely, "that seems to have been my intent for coming here."

The secretary frowned at her. "Well, I don't know, you look rather--"

Senda cut her off. "Like a hybrid, yes, so I've been told. Look, I came here to apply for a job. If you don't have one for me, there's no need for me to stick around and chat with you."

"Well!" The secretary exclaimed. "If [i]that's[/i] the way--"

A man in a white lab jacket walked briskly through the glass doors. "Louise," he addressed the secretary, "has [i]anyone[/i] come in about--oh--are you here applying for the job?" he asked Senda.

"Well, I [i]was[/i]--" Senda said darkly.

"Good. You're hired. Follow me."

Senda blinked. The secretary glared at her.

"I'm Professor Argent," the man said, continuing down the hallway. "You'll be acting as my assistant. For now, that means you'll simply be helping me out in my office. In a few days, I'll also be needing your help in the lab. He stopped and turned to face her. "I assume you meet all the requirements listed in the newspaper ad?"

"Erhm...yes, i do..."

"Good." He unlocked a door and lead her down another hallway. "This is my office. You'll be spending much of your time here, doing odd errands for me. Can you start tomorrow?"

Senda blinked again. "Err...yes, i can."

"Be here at ten. I start my day early, but that's no need for you to. Here's the keys you'll need. The blue one is for the hallway, the red one is for my office, the green one is for the lab. I'll show you that tomorrow."

He sat down and began shuffling through the stacks of papers on the desk. Senda stood uncertainly in the doorway for a few moments, keychain in hand.

Prof. Argent looked up. "You're free to go," he said with a grin. See you tomorrow."

"Yeah....tomorrow..." Senda retraced her steps down the hallways and, with a smirk at Louise the Secretary, left the building.

"Stangest job interview I've ever had...."[/FONT]

[I]Selen walked into the building. It was late night, and the only humans there were the janitors, and the nurse that was there earlier. The nurse had been no problem, she had been easy to control. She had been so stupid, she didn't notice that the good doctor was really Selen in disguise . . . Selen laughed slightly. It was a good thing that her boss didn't want any living creatures killed, or that poor nurse would be living in LaLaLand right now . . . for now, she was stuffed away in a secluded closet. What a suprise for the janitor's to find, when 'nursie-dear' had just walked past them. Selen reached the lab door, and flicked out a claw, succeeding to pick the lock. It wasn't hard to get into that lab, but it would have been easier to just break the lock in, they were cheap enough . . . Selen, in her nurse guise, slipped into the room, and shut the door behind her. She looked around the room. It was clear, the only other living creature in the room a hybrid, strapped to a table, and sound asleep. Or so Selen thought . . .[/I] This should be easy . . . [I]A stack of papers caught her eye. One of the files was messier than the others, as if it had been hastily put down. Selen was suprised the doctor didn't notice . . . she picked up the file and flipped through the pages. Something stuck out on the page like a sore thumb. "Studies have demonstrated that hybrid genes lead to an increase in criminal activity and immoral behavior. Therefore, the Health & Human Services Department of Meteo City has undertaken a ten year plan to purify the gene pool of the city, thus reducing crime rates and improving the health and welfare of normal citizens." [/I] Holy mother of God! This is not what I expected . . ! [I]In her suprise, her disguise slid off, revealing Selen underneath to any eyes that were watching. She dropped the file on the desk hastily, and threw her disguise back up. This mission was turning out more complicated than she thought . . . she looked around the room. The hybrid was asleep, so she let go of her look, and walked over to the hybrid, bending down so she could take a better look at him. She smirked.[/I] How does it feel to be strapped down like a caged animal?[I]She could see the hybrid's claws flicking out, one by one, so she knew that he was awake, and listening to her every word.[/I] You know you're going to die . . . so why try and fight it? Why try and stop what's already going into effect? You know that this plan's going to work in the end . . . all us hybrids are going to die . . .[I]In an instant, Selen found claws at her throat, and an angry face staring at her own. She jumped up, the claws ripping her shirt, and landed on the desk, her own claws extended by her side . . .[/I]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole and Night stop in a deserted street...[/i]

Night: I'm sorry about the boy...but there's probably nothing you can do...

Chole: *Kicks building wall* I just don't get it! What do they want with a little boy...?!

Night: Look, I have no idea...but I'm sure the Meteo Police are going to take care of it.

Chole: Yeh, I hope so...

Night: Go home...

Chole: Don't tell me what to do!

Night: You'll be safer there...what else Can you do?

Chole:...We could look for them...

Night: Even I can't spot them...they're really stealthy...

Chole: Ughhhh! This is so frustrating!!!

Night: It's okay...

[i]Night begins to hum a small tune as Chole begins to yawn and stretch. He stops...[/i]

Chole: This isn't over yet...

[i]Chole jumps up and blades back home...[/i][/COLOR]

[color=indigo][i]Night knows he couldn't have done anything, yet he feels like a coward..."Chole is right, this isn't over by a long shot..."

Night glides to a nearby club, looking for someway to vent his anger. Tomorrow he will get in touch with Chole and vent his anger... Night wanders into a club. He sees a pretty girl dancing with what has to be her boyfriend. Night waits until the boyfriend goes to get drinks and makes his move..[/i]

Night-Hello, there, pretty lady

[i] at first the girl seems alarmed, but she looks at Night and realizes that she is very attracted to him. Night has always had this ability with women. The girl kisses Night...Right as the boyfriend comes back.

The boyfriend, who is a very big guy, takes a swing at Night, who dodges and hits him hard in the stomach, knocking him to the ground. Night then leaves the bar.

"I shouldn't have instigated that fight, but the guy had a quick temper.. and I needed to let out some aggression...[/i][/color]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]"So it was midnight before I finally arrived home...I couldn't sleep, so I got on the computer and accessed the LiveWire network. I could still remember the image of the boy that got kidnapped and I used my memory to put the pieces of the puzzle together...the strange vision of the abduction of the man by the fruit shop, the murder of a teenage boy in the middle of the park, and now the kidnap of another boy...which could have been me."

Chole slams the keyboard down...

"Ugh, what was I thinking...I should have fought back...then I would have gotten killed..."[/i]

*Search complete...no results found...*

[i]"So, that was the end of it. He had no record, so there was no way of finding him. Meteo Police don't deal with "unknowns"...my only chance was to look further into this group called Black Lightning and the strange vision of the man kidnapped...somehow, I knew he was still alive, somewhere..."[/i][/COLOR]

*Liam eats quick meal and wanders off to bed for some needed sleep* *After what seems to be a few hours he wakes up with the sound of the TV blaring in the background*

Reporter: . .another attack later today by the mysterious gang 'black lightning' resulted in a small boy being kidnapped, and a few minor citizens being killed as they escaped. . .

*Liam sits bolt upright as that event too comes rushing painfully back, but it feels nothing like a memory, but nothing like a dream. .* *Liam wanders into the kitchen, and finds a mask sitting on the table, alongside some robes*

Liam: what the. .*fear and anger convulses him and his whole glows with a inky black eldritch energy*

Liam: AAAAARGH!!! *the robe and mask explode into nothingness and he blacks out, and another dream takes place. . *

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Iris returned Rena to her home quickly, then crashed into her own bed for several hours. Fortunatly, the deer part of her only required 5 hours to regenerate.[/i]

Iris: *gets out of bed* I really need to get a good paying job....

Rena: :sleep:

Iris: And we need to find her sisters some homes. *sigh* *picks up newspaper* :eek: What the hell?!?

[i]She continues to read the reports of violence and .....so on and so forth.........Finally, she slams the paper down on the kitchen table and clenches her hands into fists....diggin her nails into her palms.[/i]

Iris: This is bad. I need to see that Chole guy again....Rena!

Rena: Hmmmmm?

Iris: I'm going out, can you handle your breakfast?

Rena: Sure! Bye!

Iris: Thank moon you're 9....okay, bye![/COLOR]

1???: . . pity our lead, involuntary, anarchist's immune system is fighting the implant. .

2???: mmm. .well we will find others like him. .we have two options, fit him anew, or simply kill him

1???: the latter would be much easier. .but we can always experiment. .

*a door clicks open*

3???: we can't do either. .we have to dump him somewhere so it looks like he had an accident and was knocked into coma, we have police on the payroll who will. .gladly help us. . .then, while in hospital he'll suffer from his injuries. .

*Liam cracks open an eye, but all he see's are three mask wearing 'scientists' one holding a syringe*

Liam: *tries to talk but his mouth is too dry*

2???: hold him! we can't let him escape!

*Liam tries to move but finds all of his limbs feel like lead and refuse to move*

3???: goodnight. . *injects him with the needle*