OtakuBoards

Meteo City 2 (*HV3*)

RicoTranzrig

OOC:
Whoohoo! I finally lost Writer's Block!

IC:
Liam woke up, and stood up, with a strange look on his face.

Pi- Hey, you okay?

Liam- ....

Pi- Hello? Are you okay?

Liam walked slowly and silently, almost like a ghost, to the door. Without even saying anything to Pi, he left the room. Pi followed him through the corridor.

OOC:
4 non-filler posts in a row.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=darkblue][i]In each other's arms they sat up to the sound of the door...[/i]

Pi: *disappears around the corner*

Chole: What do you think he's up to?

Iris: He better not get into any trouble... *gets up and sees Liam is missing too.*

Chole: No...we shouldn't...both of them are adults...well, maybe one of them...but I think they know what they're doing.

Iris: *sits back down* Maybe you're right.

Chole: You know the way I think...

Iris: *lays down* Do you think the spirit was there in our dream?

Chole: Selen said the spirit couldn't reach us...

Iris: What was the light on the surface? And how come we dreamed that dream?

Chole: I don't think we could really get away from the spirit. Whatever it was...you didn't feel bad about it, did you?

Iris: Of course not...I felt safe...and warm...

Chole: And happy...

Iris: Yeah...;)

Chole: We shouldn't worry about anything...we've been doing that too much lately...

Iris: Hold me...?

Chole: *nods*

[i]He wrapped his arms around her stomach while Iris huddled close to her...and they closed their eyes awaiting the next day...

Chole: Iris...

Iris: What?

Chole: What do you think the others are going to say when they find out.

Iris: What if they don't find out...not yet...[/i][/COLOR]

OOC:
Silent Hill 2 has disturbed my mind...

IC:
Liam walked through the corridor, which was shrouded in darness and silence. Pi said nothing and kept following. After a few minutes, Liam stopped.

Pi-:confused:

OOC:
5 non-filler posts in a row.

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Chole: You think it'll work?

Iris: Rena won't mind...she'll be elated.

Chole: Positive?

Iris: Yeah, we've talked about it before.

Chole: Well, okay. What about the others?

Iris: Selen and Siren'll figure it out sooner or later....just let it play itself out.

Chole nodded and held her tightly. Iris closed her eyes, and within minutes, was fast asleep.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]In their dream...the empty darkness surrounded them once again.[/i]

Chole: And what about now? They find us sleeping like this.

Iris: We're just..."kids"...

Chole: Teens...would be a better term.

Iris: I'm cold anyway and you keep really warm because you're a hybrid dragon...

Chole: Makes sense...kinda...

~~~~~

[i]Outside the corridor, Pi fortune came up next to Liam.[/i]

Liam: What are you doing here?

Pi: You're not going alone around this place.

Liam: This is a church...I don't think evil could take over this place...spiritually.

Pi: Still...this place gives me the creeps...underground tunnels still intact...Selen in a dark hood...

Liam: I was just exploring...I'm not one to sleep during this time.

Pi: You sure they won't get mad?

Liam: I hope not...we're not disturbing anyone...as long as we keep quiet...Pi...

Pi: What?

Liam: Nevermind...*keeps walking down the halls away from the church's main hall.*

[i]Pi followed closely with his weapons at ready beside him.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Rena opened her eyes, and felt Roux sleeping next to her. She stood up, stretched slowly, then opened the doors. The first thing she noticed was Chole and Iris asleep in eachother's arms. She smiled softly, then entered the main sanctuary of the church...

She knelt in front of the altar, made the sign of the cross, then folded her hands and began to recite...[/i]

Pi: ...hear that?

Liam: It sounds like Rena...

Pi: Why's she awake?

Liam: Go ask.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Liam: It might be best to leave her alone, but it's your call...

Pi: Erm...nevermind...let's just keep walking around.

[i]Pi and Liam's eyes left the corner, leaving Rena alone in the center of the church. She was kneeling, eyes closed...it seemed as if nothing could disturb her locked in a strong meditation. Though the two could hear her whispers, feint words coming from her mouth that were barley audible. Once the reached the catacombs, her whispers disappeared as well as the celesital surroundings they were once in.

They passed the room they were sleeping in and walked further down the rock solid halls. Their footsteps echoed throughout, but it didn't seem to bother anyone who had their doors closed. Rows of orange-yellow torches stood by the walls, lighting their path. But a bring white light stood at the curve, beckoning their curiosity. Pi heard footsteps behind him and they looked back.[/i]

Pi: Who's there!!?? :eek:

[i]Roux walked up to them and stopped.[/i]

Roux: Hi.

Liam: What are you doing up?

Roux: Selen told me.

Pi: And where are you going?

[i]He pointed down the hallway to where the bright light was beaming forth. Though the couldn't see around the bend where they were.[/i]

Roux: There...excuse me...

[i]Roux hung his head low and walked quickly past them...Pi and Liam looked at each other.[/i]

Liam/Pi: Wha?

[i]Roux's shadow faded as he distanced from them...Pi began to follow...[/i]

Liam: Umm...I have a feeling that we shouldn't be here.

Pi: It'll be alright...

[i]They met the corner and the looked forward where the light was eminating from...[/i]

Liam: Whoa...

[i]The rocky walls ended...a large hall stood in front of them with bright white walls of where the source of the light was unknown. There, they saw Roux put on his hood and he joined many others his height. A group of 20 or 30 young people gathered around in a circle, dressed in white, silent...Pi and Liam stood aside and watched. A couple of the children, including Roux, noticed them. Though the didn't mind them being there...[/i][/COLOR]

Liam:I seriously do not like this place. . .*looks around* making me claustrophobic. .

[i]Pi ignored him and continued to watch what the figures were doing. Liam sighed and watched also, but not until after he made sure his guns were cocked[/i]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]As Rena's lips movevd silently, she arched her head forward......in an instant, her wings appeared again and snapped back, then spread themselves forward again. White light, similar to the kinds surrounding Roux and the other children, quickly surrounded her body....even though none were there to witness it.

Iris: ...Rena?

Rena: It's me.

Iris: What are you doing?

Rena: Nothing bad. There are good things here, I can feel them every time I close my eyes.

Iris: ........as you wish.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole awoke during his sleep. His eyes stood open and alert, his breathing stopped, he froze. Something out there was calling to him. A voice, though the spirits couldn't reach him six feet below the earth. It was someone else...urging him to join them...curiously, Chole got up through flight and landed on the ground ever so silently. He left the room and headed down the hallway in the direction of Pi, Roux, and Liam. Siren and Iris were left inside the room.[/i]

Chole: Who are you?

[i]Voice: Just follow my lead, you'll be alright...we just need your help, young one...[/i]

[i]Chole streamed down the hallway encountering the same bright light by the corner. He past it and saw Liam and Pi situated by the entrance. He was curious as to who was calling him, and why...[/i]

Pi: Chole?! What are you doing up?

Chole: Someone called me here...

Liam: Who?

[i]The group of hooded children heard them and turned around...Roux stepped forward in the brightly lit room.[/i]

Roux: Chole...

Chole: I heard you pass by a few minutes ago...what's going on?

Roux: You'll see...

Liam: Huh?

[i]Roux motioned for Chole to come closer towards them. Hesitating, Chole stepped into the white light with curiosity and caution...the others in hooded robes stood still with their hands clasped together at their chests.[/i]

[i]Voice: Chole...stand by them...[/i]

Chole: Where?

Roux: Over here...

[i]Roux moved aside, making room for Chole, he stepped in and was the only one in plain clothes. Children's laughter spred througout the room, reverbing all around the walls. Chole turned to Roux...[/i]

Chole: What's going on?

Roux: Don't worry...we'll explain everything very soon. There's someone else that we need to have, but we can't reach...

Chole: Rena?

Roux: Your sister...

Chole: ....

Roux: Call her...

Chole: *gulp*

[i]Chole walked out of the room...Liam and Pi walked along with him towards the upper levels of the church...[/i]

Liam: What happened in there?

Chole: I know...I don't really like it either...but I don't fear them. They're not going to hurt us.

Pi: What do they want with you?

Chole: They're children...I'm still a child, sorta...and so is Rena. Got an idea?

Pi: Usually, militant groups house few experienced and many inexperienced so they can meld their minds to suit their needs.

Chole: Are you saying they might be training for something?

Liam: Go tell Rena...then play it out...we'll be right behind you two, watching...

Chole: Alright...

[/COLOR]

• 3 months later...
[B][COLOR=red]02:12:03[/COLOR][/B]

[I]The sun emerges from behind Venus, sending a massive glow into the station's control room. Any normal man would have been blinded, or even killed by the intensity of the light and radiaton coming from the sun. With no Ozone layer, 'Meteor' was very exposed. Flash looked, staring straight into the nearby star. A look of fustration spread over his face, and he clicked his fingers. A transperant purple sheet of energy spread over the windows, and the light was dimmed substantially, and the sheet eventually turned totally invisible, but still deflected most of the suns rays. Flash turned, and looked at Warlock.[/I]

[B]Flash:[/B] God needed to put a dimmer switch on that thing.

[B]Warlock:[/B] Well... I guess it's our job now then.

[I]Warlock grinned, and Flash smiled as well. After a brief silence, the two broke into maniacal laughter. Laughter that echoed down all the corridoors of the massive space station.

But back on Earth the laughter was not heard. There was no laughter anymore. Most of the major cities had been destroyed, with the exception of a remote few. Mostly ones in more out of the way places... Australiasia. South America. Eastern Europe. But for the most part, earth was a desolate wasteland. And it could only get worse. In Northern America, in a massive crater that was formerly known as Illinois, something moves below a pile of rubble... Some dirt shifts, and a rock rolls away. Someone stands up, covered in dust. He coughs, and shakes the dirt off his tattered clothes... He shields his eyes, as the intense light of the sun hits his eyes for the first time in weeks. His name is Marco. A tall, hefty black man; Bald, sporting a goatee.

He quickly moves from his position, and reaches down into the rubble, into the dark hole he emerged from. He grabs something--Someone's hand. He pulls up, with only one arm, easily lifting the unseen person from below the debris. Kenji comes up next, a 5'11" guy with blue dreadlocks. His clothes seem to be mostly intact, but he has a massive bandage around his right arm, and looks like he's lost alot of blood. Marco pats Kenji on the back while pulling him up, and the two spin around to pull out another survivor. This time, they both reach down, pulling out none other than the bartender from the 'Meteo Shower' bar, Kaesia. It looks like she's taken a massive leg wound, but that hasn't stopped her from wearing the same skimpy clothing she's used to. Finally, Marco and Kenji pull up Julian. But the 'charming' english guitarist is hardly the same as he was before the incident. The lower half of his body has been completley replaced with cybernetics, along with his left arm, and right shoulder. Crude parts at that, but only makeshift. He smiles as they pull him up.[/I]

[B]Marco:[/B] Why you so happy? Need I remind you we're smack dab in the middle of total apocalypse, and you've been ripped limb from limb--3 times?

[B]Julian:[/B] *grinning* Maybe so, but I got a pretty nice panty shot whilst I was helping Kaesia up.

[I]Marco bursts out laughing, as does Kenji who's usually depressed anyway, despite the fact the world is ending around them. Julian laughs as well, and even Kaesia cracks a smile. Even with nothing left to have hope in, these four can still laugh. They laugh for awhile, and then stop. All four of them are thinking of the same thing. Finally, Kaesia is the first one to break the silence...[/I]

[B]Kaesia:[/B] ...Whatever happened to Hiro?

[I]The whole band goes quiet, lowering their heads in a minute of silence for their late friend. They had never had time to mourn his loss... In fact, they had never seen him since he left on that train, so many months ago. But Julian's mansion had been destroyed by the massive gravitational pull caused when Meteo City disappeared into the sky. And since then, Ion storms and Meteor showers had scorched the area... Hiro couldn't have survived.[/I]

[B]Julian:[/B] I guess we'll... never know...

[B]Kenji:[/B] *closing his eyes* He was... like a brother to me..

[I]Thousands of miles away, in the Meteo station, Flash spins around to the other window. He walks upto it, and places his hand on the glass, looking down on earth. Something inside him feels so very sad. Warlock walked up behind him.[/I]

[B]Flash:[/B] I loved her...

[B]Warlock:[/B] What?!

[I]Warlock grabbed Flash by the shoulder, and threw him back, sending him hurdling into the other window. He hits it, cracking the glass, and falling to the ground. At once, he gets up, looking angrily at the infuriated Warlock..[/I]

[B]Warlock:[/B] You dare to consider jeprodising all of [i]this[/i] because of some forgotten emotion?! You keep telling me to forget love and compassion, when you can't even do the same!?

[B]Flash:[/B] Shut up. Just shut up...

[B][COLOR=red]00:59:59[/COLOR][/B]

[I]Suddenly, a massive klaxon begins to wail, and the entire station begins to flash with a red light. A computerised voice speaks.[/I]

[B]Final hour. Initiating cannon warm-up sequence.[/B]

[I]Outside the station, the massive twin gravitational cannons, Alpha and Omega, begin their synchronization and Fire control system protocols. The huge reactors powering the cannons begin to churn out masses of energy, and the power readings shoot through the roof. All the screens in the control room are now on, showing all the information about the cannons. Flash and Warlock are able to take it all in. Everything is accounted for, and all levels are in the green. Slowly, the cannons begin to warm up, charging, perparing for their final blast.[/I]

[B]Flash:[/B] This is it. Once those cannons start, they'll never shut down...

[B]Warlock:[/B] ...They'll simply continue binding the planets together until the end of time...

[B]Flash:[/B] And when time ends, it'll start all over again.

[B]Warlock:[/B] Is that what you believe?

[B]Flash:[/B] Hmm?

[B]Warlock:[/B] Do you believe Time goes in a circle, repeating over and over... Or do you believe it goes in a straight line, never to repeat itself?

[B]Flash:[/B] Time is a circle. And when it ends, it will happen again, just like it did the time before that, and the time before that, and before that.

[B]Warlock:[/B] Interesting.

[B]Flash:[/B] And you?

[B]Warlock:[/B] I don't believe in 'Time'. It's nothing more than a man-made concept to try and make sense of his existence in the universe. An insignificant existence at that.

[B]Flash:[/B] How hateful you are, Warlock. I'd love to stay and chit-chat, but we both have work to do.

[B]Warlock:[/B] Yes, I have to deploy the Hell Knights...

[B]Flash:[/B] And I have to launch the Terraforming modules.

[I]Flash and Warlock walk to the center of the control room. There stands the giant control desks, one looking over Earth, the other over Venus. Flash glances to the large red timer on the eastern wall..[/I]

[B][COLOR=red]00:45:00[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Flash:[/B] Right on time...

[I]Flash presses a red button on the control panel. He taps a few assorted keys, and many holographic screens pop up. They show images of the Terraforming modules that were to land on Venus and change it into paradise. Each of the modules was marked with a reference number. EDEN-0000 was the prefix of this one, the test module. Flash nods his head, and taps in some codes. A small metal sheet retracts, revealing another button. He presses it, and Module EDEN-0000 launches, falling towards Venus. He watches the video feed from Venus intently... As the module passes through the atmosphere of Venus, it releases it's outer shell, leaving a small chrome sphere to hit the surface. It does just that, burrowing deep under the surface. In a few seconds, shoots of grass begin to sprout out, and oxygen is released into the atmosphere. The greenery grows to a 5-mile radius in under 5 minutes. It keeps growing, and Flash smiles. Everything was going to plan.

[B][COLOR=red]00:26:36[/COLOR][/B]

The same went for Warlock. He had launched a similar pod, marked 'HELL-0000' into the brazilian rainforest. It burrowed very far under the earth's crust, detonating an N9 Nuclear warhead, causing a massive tetonic shift. Massive mountains had risen up, a firey red colour, and floods of molten lava began to stream down from the tops of volcanic peaks. Warlock grinned, as the sky was filled with smoke. The hell knights had seperated from the black ball during entry, falling to the surface. Upon their landing, they had instantly begun their reign of terror, shooting balls of fire and hacking anything in sight with gothic-styled weapons. The Hell knights themselves wear fearful things, massive mechanical demons, armed with a plethora of hellish instruments. Their hefty metal frames lumbered through the forest, heading towards any sign of life.[/I]

[B][COLOR=red]00:13:59[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Warlock:[/B] The thirteenth minute...

[B]Flash:[/B] The beginning and the end...

[B]Warm up sequence complete. Preparing for final sync. pattern tests.[/B]

[I]Once again, the computers lit up with results of the tests and energy ratios. All clear so far. Flash and Warlock nodded to one another, and sat down at their respective control desks. They tap in codes, and ready the modules for launch.

Meteor stands solitary in space, a huge, flat circle, with Alpha and Omega protruding from each side of it, like a wheel with an Axel through it. And on each side of the monolithic plane, thousands upon thousands of launch hatches protrude and open, revealing the tips of the modules. With the countdown in it's final five minutes, the modules begin to launch. Each tube launches countless modules, sending a rain of them upon the two sister planets. But of course the near-identical pods carry quite different payloads.

On earth, suvivors watch in horror as the pods crash down into the earth, releasing the Hell knights and terraforming the planet into a hellish waste. They scramble, running for safety, as the leagues of Hell Knights begin their tyranny.

Over one half of the entire earth, the skies darken. From the Pacific right over to western Europe, the sky begins to change from blue to black, and then a frightening red. Electrical interferance causes earthwide blackouts, and a shutdown in all other electrical equipment. Satellites the world over begin to drop out of orbit and fall towards the earth. And soon, the storms begin. Wind, howling rain, Lightning. Blizzards in some places. And in other parts of the world, the heat rises dramatically. Newfoundland reports temperatures of 120, and Mexico drops to -30, with heavy blizzards. Tidal waves rock England and Wales, while massive lightning storms smash into what's left of Japan. The climate is changing. The time is near.[/I]

[B][COLOR=red]00:00:10[/COLOR][/B]

[I]And somewhere in the middle of it all, stands a church. And in the church is an array of misfit survivors. One of them stands looking out into the storms roaring across the world around him... He bows his head, and mutters to himself...[/I]

[B]Chole:[/B] We were too late...

[I]Another survivor, a female, comes up to him. She puts her arms around him, and they hold each other.[/I]

[B][COLOR=red]00:00:07[/COLOR][/B]

[I]Marco, Kenji, Julian and Kaesia stand, looking at the sky. There's no extreme weather where they are, but it looks like it's on the way. The red and black skies crack with lightning, and the driving rain in the distance is visible even here. But through all the clouds and the darkness above, the group sees a faint light... A light belonging to the gravitational cannon Omega. Rocks begin to crack, and smaller stones shake, and levitate. They can feel the intense push and pull effect of the cannons beginning. A massive humming noise is heard all across the earth.[/I]

[B][COLOR=red]00:00:03[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Warlock:[/B] Armadgeddon.

[B][COLOR=red]00:00:02[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Flash:[/B] On the contrary; Genesis.

[B][COLOR=red]00:00:01[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Warlock:[/B] And us?

[B][COLOR=red]00:00:00[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Flash:[/B] Apotheosis.

[I]The brothers, Alpha and Omega, erupt with beams of gravity. So much, in fact, that if it were compressed, it could easily form a black hole. The beams strike with force, crashing into and through the atmospheres of each planet. They smash into the surface, with an invisible yet undeniable force. Like gigantic hands, the gravity binds the two planets, holding them with an unbreakable grip. Increasing their power, Earth and Venus begin to move towards each other. Slowly, but surely. They build up speed. The planets move towards one another, approaching their goal of a binary orbit. And it finally comes. After ten minutes of intense gravitational manipulation, the sister planets have merged their orbit, both sitting on axis with one another, and the station Meteo in the middle. It begins to turn, the final stage in the process. As it increases in speed, the planets syncronise with one another, their binary orbit finalised. Nothing can stop it now. Project Meteor is complete. Eden is in operation.[/I]

Flash: We have ascended, Warlock. Beyond that of mortal man. We have broken the restraints of common logic, of the mortal coil. No longer are we bound by the same principals, or the same laws that exist for humankind. We are masters of our own realm now. Masters of our destiny--Nay, Masters of all destiny. We have attained Godliness, my brother. Gone is the time of Genesis, the Judgement has been completed. And finally, our Apotheosis has been reached. Take your place as the Prince of hell, and I shall take mine, as the Prince of Heaven. We've waited a long time Warlock. But that wait is over. This is the time of our rule, the beginning of our eternal reign over the utopian heavens and the chaotic pits of hell.

[B]Warlock:[/B] And so begins this new age.

[B]Flash:[/B] May it last forever.

WeEll done flashy, now it's finished, rather than sinking into some dank, dark waste of otaku oblivion like so many of my RPG's..

*blinks*

Did I uh..say that out loud? O_o;;

Anyhoo, good anticlimactic ending, or is it a climactic ending? Who knows? For one thing I don't that's for sure...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raiha [/i]
[B][cOLOr=seagreen]And as usual....Iris, Siren, and Rena, Angels in the Wilderness....were completely underated. Not that I'm complaining...it could've been alot worse...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, you can't have everything...

Anyway, I can't wait for the next chapter to commence... ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raiha [/i]
[B][cOLOr=seagreen]And as usual....Iris, Siren, and Rena, Angels in the Wilderness....were completely underated. Not that I'm complaining...it could've been alot worse...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

What can I say? We're Gods.