OtakuBoards

Meteo City 2 (*HV3*)

RicoTranzrig

[COLOR=darkblue][i]As the day drew to a close, the group was back in the dark skies...Liam joined up with Siren, Pi, and the kids. Chole and Iris stayed a short distance behind, not speaking. Something strange was happening between the two. They kept close to each other and looked forward, leaving their once precious land, now destroyed, behind...[/i][/COLOR]

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Liam: well its kinda weird really. .After the blast, the lightning bounced back, knocking me out

Pi: the scanners said you were dead

Liam: . . .weird. .well I woke up in a little cave like pile of rubble, carried there by the current of the water. Maybe the rubble interfered with the scanners?

"Anyhow, I crawled out of there and stood up in the light, seeing how much damage had been done to the area, and to me.

There wasn't a soul in sight, all safely underground. But the lightning when it hit me did some damage" *he stands and raises his shirt, pointing to some 2nd and 3rd degree burns* "So these started to hurt and I lay down in the water for a while, cool off the burns.

I fell asleep, waking up to find my guns had been placed on my chest and my arms had been folded. Apparantly the city residents were collecting the dead. ."

Siren: and. .?

Liam: well a long story short, I got up, got into one of those pods and came here. And I still have my guns, even though they're empty :crosseye:

[i]Liam slides the cartridges into the eagles, after checking the sights he holsters them[/i]

Liam: 3 bullets each gun. .6 shots all up, ah well, theres always the backup plan ;)

Siren: and what would that be?

Liam: throw the guns and run :laugh:

All: :rolleyes:

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The group lookd up through the skies during their long walk towards the waters...along the way, a flock of grey birds flew by them in a triangle formation and passed them up. Their eyes followed as the flock passed over a charred hill...[/i]

Rena: I'm getting...tired...

Siren: It's getting late...if we all don't have the strength to stay awake during flight, we should rest for now...

Liam: Good idea...

[i]After what seemed to be forever, crossing a destroyed airport terminal and what was once forestry reserve, they ended up in a desecrated slum before they finally lost sight of the birds. Rows and rows and destroyed buildings lay waste to the utter destruction of Meteo City...[/i]

Chole: Somehow, everytime I see stuff like this...my heart sinks, can't seem to ever get used to it.

Pi: I don't think any of us ever could...Its hard to believe that there aren't any survivors.

Siren: Don't say that....there might be...just like in Celes.

Liam: She's right...who knows what happened to everyone...I don't see any remains anywhere...

Siren: It's still night...

Iris: I don't feel anyone...

Chole: You can't always rely on your psychic ability...you can't feel anyone when they're sleeping.

Iris: Right...

[i]They crossed a street named "3rd avenue" and came across even more destoryed and charred buildings, seeing the fire scars of them in the pale moonlight...from the pull of Meteo City, it always seemed to be a full moon with no clouds, also making the climate relatively warm most of the time.[/i]

[i]Rena's eyes opened up and she pointed out...[/i]

Rena: Over there!!

[i]Pi took out his night vision scope and focused in on the dark shadows she was pointing at...a church...still somewhat intact because of its consrctuion. A one-story, hut-shaped cathedral lay in their wake as they neared it. Liam was the one to lead...he crouched down and pulled a few blades of grass and examined it...still green...[/i]

Liam: Surprising that this could still stand after what happened.

Pi: Something protected this place...

Siren: Let's go inside and set camp...

[i]The group proceeded towards the main entrance of the stone church ...Iris and Chole gasped...[/i]

Chole: Someone's nearby...

[i]Liam took out his flashlight and pointed it in whichever way...nothing...[/i]

Iris: No...inside...

[i]Siren, with Roux and Rena at her side, pulled the large cathedral doors open...dim orange light flowed outside...and the smell of incense...[/i]
[/COLOR]

OOC: Nothing like a post to save the RPG from the 2nd page, eh?
BTW--Welcome back to the RPG Liam . . .
*~*~~``

[I]A towering figure walked, well, kinda floated, over to the group. The white robes it wore covered all parts of its body, except for the tips of the fingers.

Roux fidgeted as the figure came closer, and closer. There wasn't anything terribly creepy about it or anything, just the little feeling of discomfort when someone you haven't seen in forever shows up. He shuddered, and his wings folded, and then disappeared. He looked back.[/I] "Woah, cool . . ."

[I]The only thing the figure did, was beckon them to come in closer. As the group moved, they noticed more and more about the large building there were in.

Stragglers were everywhere, alongside the walls, curled up in shock in the pews; just about everywhere they looked, there was some shell-shocked person staring out of haunted eyes looking at them.

Then, the figure started to speak . . .[/I] "These are only a few of the hundred or so we've recovered from the masses of dead here . . . if there is need, you can recover here; we have accommodations ready for public use. Or, as a favor, I can let you stay in the more private areas . . ." [I]The voice under the hood let out a little chuckle, as the group looked puzzled.

Gently, and slowly, the hood was lifted back, and the face of a certain familiar hybrid was revealed. Selen was alive . . .

Liam sank down into the nearest pew.[/I] "I thought you were . . . I had . . . "

[I]Selen shushed him right then and there.[/I] "You weren't yourself then, and even if you were, I would have survived the encounter . . ."

[I]Each member of the group let out a puzzled noise, and Selen cut them off with a wave of her hand.[/I] "I'll tell you when we're all together privately . . . now, are you going to take me up on my offer or not . . ?"

*~*~~``

I have one thing to say and one thing only: Told you Selen wasn't dead . . . :D

OOC: Much appreciated. ;) Good timing.

~~~~~~`

[color=green]

Siren: Well, we do need a place to stay and this place seems much appropriate for such the need.

Selen: Alright, I'll go tell my people...Roux? Coming with?

Roux: :D

[i]With much joy Roux quietly ran over to Selen, who picked him up and spun him around.[/i]

Selen: Thank you for keeping him safe.

Rena: :D

Chole: No problem...

[i]Selen put her hood back on and turned away, carrying Roux. She walked into the shadows and the group was left with one less person.[/i]

Liam: I wonder how they all survived here.

Pi: If it's tech, I want the schemeatics!

[i]The doors closed behind the group to the wind, softly, and Chole looked behind him. Something caught his eyes and he started walking towards a orange haze in the corner.[/i]

Siren: Chole?

Chole: I can feel something strange over there...nothing hostile...just...mysterious.

[i]With a curious face, Chole peeked over the corner of the pillar at the corner of the church to see hundreds of brightly lit candles in ascending rows. Rena ran over to him and grabbed his leg.[/i]

Rena: Hey what's that?!

Chole: A prayer corner...I've only done it once in a lifetime when I visit mom's place.

Rena: I've never seen where she sleeps.

Chole: It's here...

Rena: :confused:

[i]Selen came back with Roux in a tiny robe with his hood over him.[/i]

Iris: Cute...

Selen: Shall we?

Siren: Yes...

Liam: Chole! Rena!

Rena: What do you mean, Chole?

Chole: I'll explain later...let's go...[/color]

OOC: Oh...no....

~~~~~~~~~~~~

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The group drifted off into the shadows with Selen leading. The entire church was pretty much empty of people aside from the numerous lit candles and the rows and rows of wooden seating around the entire church, centered on the marble altar. It seemed very odd to the group that this entire place was untouched from the attacks up above. Chole could feel the life force of many indiviuals within the large complex. But it wasn't just that...he could also feel the many souls freely flowing through the church...Chole heard the echos from Siren and he shook his entrancement off.[/i]

Siren: Chole?

Chole: Oh, it's nothing...I'm sure Selen'll be able to explain everything.

Rena: What do you mean by what you said a while ago? Is mom here?

Chole: Can you feel her?

Rena: No...

Iris: I don't really sense anyone except for the people around here.

Pi: What I really want to know is how this place stood after the chaos.

Selen: I'll explain everything to you, but...follow my lead for now.

Liam: Why not here?

Selen: They might hear us...

Siren: Who?

Selen: The ones from up above...

[i]Right after she said those words, Rena and Chole looked at each other...something was odd the way she spoke.[/i]

Iris: Something wrong?

Rena: Nothing really...

[i]As they followed Selen across the church, they began to hear whispers echoing throughout the walls nearby. Behind them was the entrance, only a small piece of wood in the distance now. In front of them stood a sliding glass door with a green curtain. Selen opened the glass and spread the curtains revealing a glowing green room, a very small one at that. The glow was coming from the neonic lights mounted around the perimeter of the room. The walls were a soft cloth and there were more wooden pews like the ones in the main hall...though everything had an ominous green glow to it, which felt eerie to Roux and Rena.[/i]

Selen: We'll talk here.

Liam: Where are those whispers coming from?

Selen: I'll explain...now come inside...[/COLOR]

[I]Flash drew his Magnum, the Silverlight... He hadn't used it in a long time... Since way back... Before all of this... He flung his head back, closed his eyes, and remembered...

He was standing in a room in Julians's mansion.. A police officer, Warlock, was facing him, gun drawn and ready to fire. Flash... Or Hiro Murakumo, as he was then known, was in a tight spot. Unarmed and defenceless, it was a do or die situation... Suddenly, he felt a strange presence inside him, like someone was taking control of him... He pointed his hand at Warlock, pushing his palm foward. A neon-green field appeared in front of it, shimmering with a yellow shine. Worried, Warlock opened fire. However, his bullets all disappeared into the shield... Hiro grinned. He swiped his hand at Warlock, and the gun flew out of it... Warlock was astonished... Everything around Hiro went black, and a light figure appeared in front of him.[/I]

[B]Light:[/B] Now that you've tasted ultimate power... Do you want more?

[B]Hiro:[/B] Who are you?

[B]Light:[/B] I come from you... I am power you have yet to release.

[B]Hiro:[/B] I... I don't understand...

[B]Light:[/B] You don't have to. You will be the host..

[B]Hiro:[/B] Host?!

[I]Before he knew what was going on, he could feel his body being taken over... And soon, there was nothing... Hiro was gone, and in his place, stood Flash... He took the bandana from around his head, and wrapped it around a strand of hair at the back, forming a small spikey ponytail... He thrusted his arms out, and his clothes all turned white, and were covered by a heavy-looking trenchcoat... Warlock recoiled in amazement... He had never seen anything so paranormal... Hiro laughed, and jetted upwards, crashing through the roof of the mansion... Warlock was left standing in shock, when everything went white... And, just like what happened to Hiro, a figure appeared in front of Warlock... Only this one was pure darkness. He spoke to Warlock of the power he could have... Warlock accepted, but didn't lose his control... Inside him, the evil lay dormant, waiting for the right time to expose itself...

Flash opened his eyes, and grasped the Silverlight... That was when this journey started. He spun the gun on his finger, and then holstered it. He cocked his head, and looked over to the holographic timer in the middle of the room...[/I]

[B][COLOR=red]07:17:53[/COLOR] [/B]

*FINALLY gets off of couch* Never fear, Warlock is here... Finally...
--------------------------------

[I]Warlock stepped over to Flash, his black trenchcoat slowly moving as if air was been pushed against it... He glanced down at the timer, then looked over at Flash...[/I]

Warlock: "It is almost done."

Flash: "Indeed it is brother. A new era is about to begin..."

Warlock: "Heh, inde-"

[I] Without warning, Warlock began to shake violently, his eyes beginning to roll back into his head... He fell to the floor, his body still shaking, garbled words coming out in stutters from his mouth... And then, it all stopped... Getting back onto his feet, Warlock brushed himself off, and looked back at the timer as if nothing had happened... And opposite him, Flash watched intrigued, and wondering to himself what had just happened...[/I]

I don't believe it... A SMALL post by Flash. The end is near!!!
-----------------------

[B]Warlock:[/B] "No... I am... Just the power growing."

[I] Warlock began gazing around, as if everything looked new to him, yet he was able to continue to look calm... Flash's eyes darkened, and he glanced back down at the timer, watching the time tick over... Meanwhile, Warlock began to walk to one of the windows looking out over Earth, amazed at the destruction... Inside Warlock, someone had awoken...[/I]

[I] From the other side of the room, Flash looked up from the holographic clock, letting Warlock enter his sights... Anyone could tell something serious was happening with him... Sighing, Flash walked over to Warlock, standing next to him... Warlock glanced to the side at Flash for a second, before gazing back down at the Earth...[/I]

[B]Flash:[/B] "...Warlock. Tell me what's happening now."

[I] Warlock glanced over at Flash again, before pivoting on his left foot so he was facing him... He opened his mouth to say something, but closed, not able to find the right words... Shaking his head, he marched out of the small 'office', walking down a flight of stairs until he reached the bottom... He growled lightly, before punching a wall beside him, shattering the plaster and leaving a large hole... Sighing, he sat down against the wall...[/I]

Warlock: "Well...I guess I'm back."
-------------------------------
Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I love been mysterious...

[COLOR=royalblue]Iris: ....

[i]An area near the altar held several different candles....She walked over, and picked up two in her hands. Then she brought them to her face and blew softly. Immediatly, they began to burn brightly. Iris set them down and toucohed her forhead, making the sign of the cross.[/i]

Iris: ....This place doesn't feel the same.

Rena: ...How so?

Iris: I can feel something...it's in the ground, in the air...like a bunch of people whispering their thoughts...[/COLOR]

OOC:
Believe it or not, I have managed to escape WB. Unfortunately, it's deadly venom got me, and I can only barely move the plot...Man, I could create a novel based on WB! :D

IC:
Pi sat down near, his hand reaching for his Launcher every once in a while, not because of mistrust, but because of natural fear. Selen stood in the middle of the room while everyone checked out the room and/or found a place to sit.
A few minutes passed, and the whispers, which could hardly be heard, stopped.

Iris-Strange.

Liam-I don't like this at all.

Siren-Don't worry, this is nor---

Suddenly, the whispers started to sound very loud, almost like screams. Their speed accelerated up to the point that it seemed like millions of voices shrieking at once.

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Iris clutched her hands to the side of her head and opened her mouth in a silent scream. The voices doubled and magnified themselves in her mind until she couldn't bear it anymore......everything went black, and she knew no more.[/i]

Rena: Iris!

Iris: ...*moan*

Chole: ...Let me see.

[i]He knelt down and touched the sides of her face gently. Iris stired, but didn't wake up.

Iris: Where am I?

????: Welcome....

Iris: What are you?

????: A voice. The voice. The only thing that hears your screaming.

Iris: Were you in the church?

????: I am everywhere.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole had Iris in his thoughts...[/i]

????: I know it's confusing to understand...

Iris: Why are you trying to reach me?

????: Because you're psychic abilities are still quite young.

Chole: The Spirit moves through all things...

????: You know me well, Chole.

Chole: :) Hi...

Iris: Chole, you know him?

Chole: That voice used to keep me company at night. Now that I'm here, I understand...

????: You're a smart boy.

Chole: Mom's a part of you...

????: Right...

Iris: What?

Chole: All the voices that you hear...are really just one person...the voices of the dead, bound as one...

Iris: How do you know this?

Chole: I can feel mom, dad, everyone I knew...they're here. Can you feel your loved ones talking to you?

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Iris: .........yeah. I can.

Chole: Then don't be afraid.

Iris: ........I'm...not....afraid.

????: You're not a very good liar either.

Iris: Sorry.

Chole: Don't worry, nothing's going to happen.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]They lay in complete darkness, just the three of them...and the voices...[/i]

Chole: I never knew who your parents were...strange....the thought never crossed my mind.

Iris: How do you think I was born then?

Chole: No...I just never thought about who your parents were...

Iris: I guess you could say that blood isnt that important to me...

Chole: Listen...[/COLOR]

Chole: I was never abandoned...they died...but I can feel you. Not just because I'm a telepath.

Iris: No...

Chole: It's been a while though...

Iris: I can't...

Chole: I can hear my mom and dad...

Iris: What do they say?

Chole: Hehe...secret...

Iris: Oh...no way...once we get out of this, I'm going to make you!

Chole: *listens* mmm...Rena would want to hear this. Eventually, you'll hear anyway...so don't pull anything, especially not at this church.

[COLOR=seagreen]Iris: ...I'm not goingn to. I have nothing to say to my parents. All they did was give me the D.N.A. to make me me. They had nothing to do with the way I was raised.

Chole: You're bitter.

Iris: ...I don't like thinking about what could have been.

????: Your hatred will not help you.

Iris: You think I don't know that already?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Chole: They're the ones you have you your form...your abilities...your instinct...don't think that because you haven't seen them that they don't leave their influence on you.

????: ...

Iris: And how do you know all of this??

Chole: Mom and dad talk to me every single night...when I'm asleep. I think they reach Rena too. And because this is some kind of special place...we'll all be able to hear no matter what...

Iris: You're saying I can't escape from this?

Chole: You can ignore them...but...they're not who you think they are...

[i]In reality...the group surrounded the two. Selen got a few pillows for them to rest on and they waited patiently for them to wake up...[/i]

Pi: Strange...

Selen: It's pretty common...this hasn't been the first time.

Siren: What's causing it?

Selen: I'm not really sure about that...but just being here gives me great comfort....

[/COLOR]