OtakuBoards

Meteo City 2 (*HV3*)

RicoTranzrig

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Iris curled up around her pillow, emotionally drained and exhausted. She knew Chole was right, but she didn't want to accept the idea that her parents had anything to do with her life.[/i]

Rena: Are you mad at us Iris?

Iris: ....no, not at you, or Chole, or anybody...I'm just.....tired.

Rena: That's not all.

Iris: I guess I just need some shakedown time.[/COLOR]

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole started out of the green room when Rena, Siren, Pi, and Liam followed him out...[/i]

Chole: MM?

Siren: What happened to you...you were asleep for a long time...and then you just wake up like that?

Chole: You know why that is...

Rena: What is?

Chole: You'll undestand when we rest in our rooms here...if there are any left.

Pi: Hmm...all I can sense here is the smell of burning incense.

Liam: :rolleyes: I guess hybrids are the only ones who can feel this?

Siren: I don't...

Chole: I'm not sure about that though...but I do know whatever's here'll come to us in our sleep.

[i]Selen approached...[/i]

Selen: Iris's doing fine...just needs a little rest.

[i]She walked back.[/i]

Siren: What happened when you two were asleep anyway?

Chole: Someone paid us a visit...nothing bad though.

Pi: She had a look of tenseness in her face...you sure?

Chole: Yeah...it's just that she wasn't used to it...*looks over* she still awake?

Selen: *nods*

[i]Curiously, Chole passed the group and headed back inside the greenish room...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Iris was dreaming again. This time, everything was deathly still. A single mountain loomed in the distance, filling her vision, reminding her of everything. She wrapped her arms around her waist, and watched the scene, prepared to drop everything and run.[/i][/cOLOR]

[i]Liam sat and leant against the wall, closing his eyes and blocking out his surroundings. All this talk of the dead and his relatives, he didn't need to meet them. .nor did he want to. Also his sister, the thought of hearing her voice again after what happened was bad enough to make him bitter to the core.

He huffed and remained furiously angry at himself. .bitter to the end. .[/i]

[COLOR=darkblue]Liam: Safety has its price...

[i]Chole walked up to him and stood beside Siren.[/i]

Chole: Maybe this was a bad idea...its really hard to ignore them because they're so strong.

Siren: There's gotta be a way to block them out though.

[i]Selen walked back out...[/i]

Selen: I'll show you to your rooms...they're downstairs and I think you'll get some peace and quiet underground...

[i]Liam pushed himself off the wall and followed Selen. The others clumped up together and followed her as well. Rena stopped looked back.[/i]

Rena: How about Iris?

[i]Chole turned around and stood by her.[/i]

Chole: She's going to be alright...just a lot more tired than we are.

Rena: Oh...

[i]Chole took her hand and tugged lightly. The group disappeared around corner and Chole and Rena walked faster to catch up with them. Their footsteps echoed throughout the halls and they started to slow down as they saw them walking downstairs...[/i]

[/COLOR]

[I]Warlock now stood in the center of the room, watching the massive body of venus slowly move into it's correct position... Flash stood slightly behind Warlock... He had changed... But he didn't know how, or whether it would affect any of their plans... To tell the truth, he wasn't even sure if Warlock was the same person anymore... Could his body finally been taken control of? Become a full host? And who was doing it?[/I]

[B]Flash:[/B] ...Raynor...?

[I]Warlock glanced over his shoulder at Flash, emotionless... There was a silence that seemed to last forever as the timer clicked over five hours...[/I]

[COLOR=red][B]04:59:59[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]They walked along a torch lit hallway under the church. The whispers disappeared and all they could hear was the sound of burning oil and wood. They stopped a little past the stairway.[/i]

Selen: Your room is here...

Pi: Wha...just one room for the...how many of us are there?

Siren: Now...there are six of us...

Selen: Seven if you count me and Roux...we're still part of you guys...though we're not sleeping here. I have my own room elsewhere in the church.

Chole: I thought we were going to talk.

Rena: Yeah...how did you get here anyway?

Selen: I'll explain that tomorrow morning...just rest for now.

Siren: *leer*

Rena: :nervous:

Liam: Yeah, I guess so...

[i]Selen opened the door for them...[/i]

Selen: Enjoy your stay...

[i]The group walked in...Siren came inside last and she shut the door behind her after Selen and Roux left.[/i]

Chole: What's wrong?

Siren: There's a strange tone in her voice...mysterious...you noticed it?

Pi: We've been seperated for a long time though...maybe something happened to her before she got here.

Liam: Or maybe something happened to her when she got here.

[i]Liam knew evil to an extent but he couldn't imagine that such influences were at a church like this. Though Siren kept open minded...[/i]

Siren: Who knows that couldn've happened...she's still young and anything could change her...just like us.

[i]Chole looked around. The room was fairly large, enough to house 10 or more people. The walls were made of stone and the floor was concrete with a large rug in the center. 2-story bunk beds lay scattered throughout the perimeter of the room. The torches outside were replaced by oil lamps and the door was cast iron metal with a large lock. They seemed to be safe...[/i]

[/COLOR]

siren haurmphs and sits aginst the wall ear to the metal

siren: i'm gonna sleep here...if you leave...wake me first... i don't want anyone hurt 'cause i was over cautious...*rolls eyes* i shoulden't sleep to thickly but if i do...you better wake me if somthing happens

IC:
Pi-Finally! Time to rest!

Pi threw his Launcher towards a bed, boost-jumped to it's top bunk and fell asleep in a matter of seconds.

Liam went to a lower bunk. He put one of his guns under the pillow and fell asleep. While on the outside it seemed like he was having a nice rest, inside there was a lot more happening...

OOC:
2 non-filler posts in a row.

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Which left Rena and Chole standing in the center of the room.[/i]

Rena: Chole...

Chole: Yeah?

Rena: Can we go to mom and dad?

Chole: Aren't you tired?

Rena: Not really...you didn't see me yawning.

Chole: Nope...*looks at others* hmm...why not..

[i]Quietly, they tip-toed to the door, careful to not wake up Siren from her peaceful slumber. Chole opened the door and slipped through, Rena walked through the tiny opening without much difficulty and they shut the heavy door with not much as a light thud. The smiled at each other and headed upstairs...[/i][/COLOR]

OOC: Ok, this post is a little later in the story, but I need to put it in here now to explain some things, or I'm going to be too far behind! ^^;;

Sorry if I confuse anyone!!!!

*~*~~``

[I]A distant shrieking, far away, but still very close . . .[/I]

"I didn?t mean to! I didn?t mean it! No! I didn?t mean it . . . I didn?t mean it!" [I]The scream that followed was long, and pain-filled, loud enough to wake even the dead . . .

One of the group stirred in their sleep, and then groggily made their way to the source of the sound.

It was Selen, trapped in a feverish dream by chains of darkness that could not be broken.

Hands shook her awake, and she reached out; blind, and still trapped within the chains that tormented her without ceasing.

Her hands found a comforting hand: it was Chole: calm, collected Chole; Chole who managed to stand tall even with a great burden on his shoulders . . .[/I]

"They torment me Chole . . . the dead. They?ve taken me prisoner, and now they won?t let me go . . . each and every night Chole, they come to me, one by one, and torment me . . ."

[I]Chole said nothing, and only cradled the sobbing Selen in his arms.[/I]

"They own me . . . I came here, and now they own me. I swore to protect this place, and now I have to pay the sacrifice.

Death, Chole. The sacrifice is death. [I]Their[/I] deaths Chole . . . every night, one by one, I live their lives, sweet, beautiful, innocent lives, and then get to die their deaths, deaths brought on by the Knights of Dark Lightening . . .

It won?t stop, not until each and every death is played out before me Chole . . . and I?m dying from it; to be a High Priestess is to die . . .

Your parents . . . my parents . . . I saw them live, and die . . ." [I]Selen broke into agonized sobbing.[/I] "I had to watch my parents die . . . watch my sweet, innocent Roux die . . ."

[I]Chole was startled at that little tidbit of information.

Selen could feel him tense.[/I] "No, the Roux you know is not some zombie of sorts . . . I?ll tell you the story:

You know my parents died in the desert. They, and my older brother Roux - - shush, I?ll explain later - - were swallowed by a hole much like the opening to the underground city.

I was left alive, left to wander endlessly through the desert, and I did, blind, starving, oblivious to all but fantasy . . . until I fell a year later . . .

I awoke in a white room. My parents were there, but they were not my parents; their hands too cold, their eyes too remote . . .

They thought me ignorant . . . blind to what I thought these people were. I believed I was dead, and had been sent to hell as punishment for letting my family die before me . . .

But then I saw Roux. Little, tiny, innocent Roux, and I knew that this wasn't a dream of hell . . . I was [I]living[/I] it.

And then I learned the truth . . . secretly of course, but the truth nonetheless. The organization behind my "parents" had found them dead, and cloned them . . . they had found my brother also . . . he 15 when I 10 . . . and cloned him also . . . but they couldn't help him the way they did my parents, so they made him a child, the Roux you know now as my brother.

I knew, even though he was cloned, I still had to love him with all of my heart, for I was all he had . . .

But it was hard, and harder when I saw him transform. You see, my brother Roux, even though my parents and I all hybrids, was born human. When I saw him transform . . ." [I]Selen broke off again, and stayed silent for a while.[/I]

"And then . . . then, they killed me . . ." [I]Selen felt Chole tense again, and continued,[/I] "No, I?m not cloned either . . . my "parents" gave me a shot that unleashed the one thing that I had control over: my hybrid side.

They knew all about my hybrid side, how it thirsted for blood. It was the wild, untamed side of me, and they let it loose, bending it, molding it into something they could use for their own gains . . .

And then they taught it how to appear human, knowing that I was going to meet up with you and I wouldn't have enough strength to resist her . . .

And so they set me free in Metro City . . . and now it haunts me . . . all the dead Selven, as my parents called her, killed . . . all of the dead . . .

You can?t get rid of it either. There?s no waving your hands and banishing it to a secluded corner of your mind; it consumes you, and you either die, or go insane from the visions . . .

It's hard Chole . . . so, so hard . . . sweet, innocent people . . . so, so hard . . . the blood of the dead is on my hands, and I can?t rid myself of it . . ." [I]Selen drifted off into a dreamless sleep, the prayers from the priestess?s above echoing throughout the separate chamber where Selen resided.

Chole watched her for a while, then after he was sure she was sleeping peacefully, slowly walked back to the chamber where the others slept, Selen?s words running through his head.[/I]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]When Iris woke up, the first thing she noticed was the silence of the place....no sound reached her ears. She rose to her feet slowly, then opened the doors and found Liam sleeping outside, and several other doors....[/i]

Liam: You're awake.

Iris: And you should be asleep.

Liam: You woke me up.

Iris: Mea culpa. Where's Chole?

Liam: Inside on of those rooms. *gestures*[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The center of the church stood the altar where the daily celebrations were centerealized at. The candles situated there reflected off the copper rooftop with a magnificant painting of the Savior. Next to him stood ancient writing that never had been translated.

Selen stayed in the center with Chole holding her and Rena standing by with Roux next to her. She was still crying silently.[/i]

Chole: I understand...and I'm sorry...Rena and I almost became clones as well because of our unique coding sequences...

Selen: *sniff* Just...I just feel...

Chole: Shh...don't say anything more...it's alright...

[i]Throughout the church's main hall...Selen's cries could be heard. An eerie silence blanketed the room. The spirit left the four alone...[/i][/COLOR]

[i]Liam leant against the wall raising his head to stare at the ceiling. Those voices were back again. All of them. .desperate for vengeance on one who had long been dead, but obviously his past hadn't been dead long enough for them.

These voices had been slain by him, and had had years to dwell on that very fact.

He winced again at the increase of the sound. He had noticed the voices didn't echo around him like his own. .so it seemed that he was the only one that heard them.

It didn't really matter, he expected he was on his own anyway.

Another voice was back. .Liam buckled into a ball and convulsed, clutching at his head. This one wanted control. .this one wanted his life back. .he shuddered again and fell asleep, anything to stop that voice. .[/i]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Iris hummed the Kaddish to herself and silently opened the door to Chole's room. She stepped inside and touched his forehead softly. He stired, but remained asleep.

She sat down next to him and tilted her head back, sighing gently. Then her eyes closed, and she was dreaming again.

And time went by.....[/i][/COLOR]

siren sat up and opened her eyes... they were an ice blue... she stood and looked around slowly... she walked with a slight limp as if affected with an old pain... she limped over and peered at the beds and at their occupants... she touched pi's face softly her hands the temperature of the dark cold water at the bottem of a lake on a warm day... she paused then shook her head her long onyx hair swaying slightly...she moved over to the next bed and pressed her palms to either side of liams head... his body stiffened and she sang in a sad echoing voice the words undifineable and melencholy yet tinged with malace and evil... her eyes closed and she staggered back blood blooming like a dark rose from a new wound in her side... she hit the wall and slid down to her knees leaving a slight red tinge on the wood... her hair and lips had a fine layer of frost on them and her skin was clammy... she murmmered somthing and her nose bagan to bleed... a dark shape shot from her, blood staining it's side in an eternal wound... it's ice blue eyes glared out at siren from under lanky strands of black hair... the spirit's whispering caused siren to clap her hands over her ears blood seeping between them...finally it stoped and siren colapsed

OOC: ...I put Selen's post in order...it made sense with Chole and Rena going outside...umm...we're still outside, aren't we.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Selen lay still and calmed down...[/i]

Selen: Leave me...and awake...

[i]She waved her hand and a dark haze engulfed Chole and Rena.[/i]

Rena: What's going on?!

Selen: This isn't reality...you were tired that you thought you were eh? Restless kids, I love you two...and I miss my childhood. Never forget...you'll lose it sure enough.

[i]Chole and Iris awoke in a cold sweat. The oil lamps were burning softly, but they were close to where they were sleeping; next to each other near the doors. They looked at each other...[/i]

Rena: What happened?

Chole: I'm not really sure...a telepathic experience? Selen and Roux...

Rena: It's hard to believe what she said...about everything...

Chole: But you know how our minds work...well, we shouldn't worry about it tonight....we've been worrying about too much lately...a good night's rest couldn't hurt.

Rena: mmm....:(

Chole: Don't be sad...she's still the same and Roux still the same too.

Rena: :sleep:

Chole: *sigh*

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]Iris: What's wrong Chole?

Chole: !! How did you...

Iris: I've been here this whole time. You didn't notice?

Chole: ...no....

Iris: It's okay, I've been a little preoccupied lately.

Chole: Haven't we all?

Iris: ...yes....Rena too. I hate to say this, but I am afraid. I'm afraid that we'll lose everything, and everyone we love. The city is already gone.....but you and the others are still here.

Chole: Don't be so scared.

Iris: I just wish things could go back to the way they were before.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Chole: I find myself wishing that often too...

Iris: It's not going to happen, is it?

Chole: Sure it will...I've got high hopes...

Iris: That's all we can do now...hope.

Chole: For a long time now, all we've had is a small group, going up against an entire army and two....umm...

Iris: Demi-gods...

Chole: It's hard to imagine just the six or seven of us to take them on...we need more people...

Iris: Take that idea to Siren or Pi...they'll know what to do.

Chole: They're not the leaders of this group...none of us are...we're a team, banded together because we had the opportunity to give hybrids another chance. But we failed that, miserably...now only a few remain and we'll all have to make do with what he have...before we go extinct.

Iris: Something tells me that you're hiding something deep inside you...a power, courage, an emotion.

[i]Iris shifted around...[/i]

Chole: There's a lot of other beds around...

Iris: I'm cold...and I really don't want to be alone right now.

Chole: Okay...but you don't have to stay down there...I wouldn't think it would be that comfortable without a pillow...

Iris: You sure?

Chole: If you need comfort, I'm not going to back away. Come here...

[i]Iris quietly scooted up and lay by Chole's side. They were all in their standard day clothing and had not bothered to change into the robes Roux and Selen were wearing. Iris curled up and folded her hands between her legs.[/i]

Chole: Are you alright...

Iris: Still kinda occupied...but I'm fine...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]Chole: Sleep well then.

Iris: ...heh. I'll work on it.

[i]She closed her eyes slowly, and was immediatly flung into the dreamworld.........everything was as it was a few hours earlier, nothing had changed, everything was as still as before.........

Chole: Iris?

Iris: You're in my dream Chole. Why?

Chole: ....I....don't know...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole: The we can't hear the spirit here so we have some peace and comfort from up above.

Iris: Normally, I would dream of anything but this dark place we're in...and I wouldn't know that I was dreaming.

Chole: Well, that I can't explain...

Iris: Well, since we're here...how are you?

Chole: I'm wonderin how you are after being bed ridden upstairs.

Iris: It was weird...they kept calling out to me...but I didn't let them in my mind...

Chole: Like you are with me right now?

Iris: Yeah...I was afraid that they would come and take me over...I'm just not familiar with them.

Chole: ...

Iris: Why are you thinking about new years day?

Chole: You can read my thoughts?

Iris: I guess nothing's hidden in this place.

Chole: Like we have anything to hide from each other.

Iris: We each have our secrets. But why new years?

Chole: That's the day when it all started...when I saw you walking around the park when the fireworks lit up the sky.

Iris: Yeah, I helped out and lived in the orphanage.

Chole: And I was working on the Hybrid experiment with Ten...

Iris: Are you a prodigy?

Chole: No...Ten pushed my mind to the limit. She had schematics of my DNA and she knew what I was capable of...so I guess you could say she brought out the best in me.

Iris: And now?

Chole: I miss her...and I'm not thinking as hard about sequencing or coding as much...

Iris: That's a good thing...

Chole: You never really knew your parents, did you?

Iris: I didn't...I was always at the orphanage...ever since I was old enough to remember.

Chole: I'm sorry...

Iris: You had it worse...you saw your parents die...and They tested you.

Chole: The same scientists that were in liege with Ten...

Iris: They probably had some plans for you...I'm wondering what happened after Siren took you away...what about Faye...it's not that clear to me.

Chole: You know what I know...I can't remember either...I know Ten told me about Faye when I was older...but I wonder why Siren didn't take me to my auntie.

Iris: There's a lot of questions that need some answering in your little head...

Chole: Little?

Iris: ...nevermind...*sigh* so since we can't wake up...what now?

Chole: I don't know...maybe you can tell me about when were were escaping from that rig in the far north.

Iris: Oh...that was hell...you know I couldn't hold my breath that long.

Chole: Haha...well, luckily I'm an okay swimmer.

Iris: Yeah, thanks for saving my life...you were blue after.

Chole: Really?

Iris: That was funny, I think you gave me too much air...[/i]

*Chole and Iris reminiced about the underwater escape in full detail...the darkness around them began to take form. A bluish-white haze appeared, then the metal supporting struts of the rig appeared. They were floating, alone. It was surprisingly warm, and they were breathing normally, without fear of drowning. They began to drift away from each other before Iris reached her hand out and Chole took it. They pulled closer towards one another.*

[i]Chole: Strange...

Iris: I like this dream...

Chole: It's a lot of fun just floating around, really peaceful...

Iris: I've never stayed for long in water before I had to get out.

Chole: That's a shame...at least there's no water to worry about here...it's just air.

Iris: Chole?

Chole: Ya-hum?

Iris: How did we get out of this place?

Chole: Here, we started down there...[/i]

*Chole took Iris' hand and led her down to where their escape route was.*

[i]Chole: We came out of here and we were following the others. I was so cold...and I was carrying you on my back.[/i]

*Iris swam behind Chole and wrapped her arms beneath his neck so. Chole began to swim towards the surface where a bright light appeared.*

[i]Iris: Like this?

Chole: Yeah...when we got half-way...you started to run out of air.

Iris: *Cough*Cough*

Chole: Haha...then it got really hazy because I had to turn around and give you a breath so you wouldn't drown before we reached the surface.

Iris: Don't ask me...I was dying and I was tapping you for to save my life.

Chole: I guess...[/i]

*He turned around, Iris loosened her grip on his shoulder so he could do so. Once he turned, she held on him again. They looked into each others eyes this time...much more relaxed, floating towards the top...they both smiled.*

[i]Iris: You gave me life...

Chole: Like this?[/i]

*Chole tilted his head to one side and leaned forward. Iris wanted to back away, but after she realized what was going on, she only kept her eyes open. Their lips touched and Chole's arms held Iris as they breathed life into each other. They floated towards the light at the surface. Once they crossed the threshold. They awoke in each others arms, mimicing the dream silently...*[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Iris held the kiss, cherishing the feelings she had felt only once before...A few moments later, they drew away slowly...[/i]

Chole: What is it?

Iris: It's nothing....I'm just...really...

Chole: ?

Iris: Happy. :angel:

Chole: I'm glad.[/COLOR]