OtakuBoards

Meteo City 2 (*HV3*)

RicoTranzrig

[COLOR=darkblue][i]They entered the great underwater city via underground tunnels where they were greeted by a group of people, including Chole's aunt.[/i]

Chole: We're safe...for now.

Pi: We can't hold out here forever, soon this place'll turn into an oven.

Iris: But they should be out of orbit by now, right?

Pi: I was talking about way later...

[i]A person stepped out of the crowd and took Chole's arm.[/i]

Faye: How are you guys holding up? We heard the news but we couldn't really do anything about it without getting ourselves killed.

Chole: I see...how's the city?

Faye: It's fine...c'mon, we'll talk and cool off.

[i]Faye walked with Chole as the group followed them back towards her house.[/i]

Siren: Last time we came here was just for a rest stop.

Pi: A good one at that...that's why I like it here so much.

Liam: I think we'll be planning most of our stay here.

Siren: No kidding...[/COLOR]

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=indigo][i]As soon as they were shown the living room, Iris collapsed onto the sofa with Roux......rolling him off her back. She straightened up and tilted her head back rubbing her forhead.[/i]

Faye: Looks like you've had fun....

Iris: Way too much. I had no idea my head could hurt this much.

Rena: Hmm...I don't have that problem yet.

Iris: Wait till you try falling asleep.

Siren: I haven't noticed anything.....

Iris: :rolleyes: Wonderful..........I must be losing my head.

Pi/Liam: :haha: That's a good one!!

Iris/Siren/Rena: :demon:

Liam: Shuting up.

Pi: :toothy:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole walked into the kitchen with Faye and sat down on the large table, serving him tea.[/i]

Faye: So tell me, what's been going on with you these past few months.

Chole: Well, I did have the adventure of a lifetime...never been out of the city before.

Faye: That's good...come here, I want to show you something...

[i]Faye got up and led Chole towards the back of her house. Chole never went there before since it was under lock and key, but Faye knew it was time that Chole knew, he was ready. He had the experience. She used her magnetic strip card to unlock the sliding doors, revealing a large vault full of steel lockers.[/i]

Chole: What is all this?

Faye: Chole, I'm a record keeper...being your mother's baby sister and your father's brother in law, I took the liberty of keeping all their personal records on paper file so they wouldn't be tampered with.

[i]Faye's 5'2 figure reached up with her card in hand to a fairly large box situated at the top row. She opened the lock and removed the large box, nearly dropping it if Chole hadn't helped her. She set it down on the ground and opened it...revealing tons of documents, pictures, and an optical disc.[/i]

Chole: All of this...records of my parents?

[i]Chole fumbled through the stacks and stacks of photos that were printed out. Kids, teens, adults, the wedding, even when Chole was in infant in their arms, it was all there.[/i]

Faye: It brings back old memories...I was only 14 when they had you.

Chole: You were young...

Faye: Yeah, I was also a tech freak...

Chole: Now I see where I got that from.

Faye: Haha...if that's the case, than I think you'll be interested looking into this.

[i]Faye held up the optical disc and gave it to Chole.[/i]

Chole: It'll work...?

Faye: Yeah...

Chole: What's in it?

Faye: It's a surprise...you go ahead and take a look at it through your private terminal upstairs...I haven't seen these photos lately either...come back downstairs later and I'll share with you.

Chole: Thanks...Aunt Faye...

Faye: Oh no problem...

[i]Faye straighened up her glasses and sifted through the photos as Chole walked back into the kitchen and then upstairs...[/i]

Faye: Yes...but you[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Iris stood up and followed Chole silently......held up by barely moving her wings.....[/i]

Chole: Could you .......*turns*

Iris: Are you alright?

Chole: *hids disc* Yeha, why?

Iris: You's mind's on overdrive. I could hear you from downstairs without concentrating.

Chole: I'm fine.

Iris: Are you?

Chole: Yeah.....

Iris: You're lying to me.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole smiled and folded his hands in front of his stomach.[/i]

Chole: Well...yeah, I am...

Iris: What are you hiding?

Chole: I don't know...

Iris: ? :therock:

Chole: I have to do this alone...

Iris: I can't do that...

Chole: Why not, I just have to look at something that I don't even know.

Iris: What are you hiding?!

Chole: *looks away*

Iris: *transforms back into human form*

Chole: Sorry, I'm just not used to the hybrid forms.

Iris: Why? You're exposed to it every single day.

Chole: Only in tough situations...

[i]Chole walked towards his room and opened the door, Iris still following.[/i]

Iris: Can I?

Chole: You won't take no for an answer will you?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Iris smiled slightly and walked right in, sitting down on the bed. Chole mouthed the words, "okay" and popped in the disc, closing the door afterwards.[/i]

Chole: *sits down*

Iris: .........[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The optical disc autoloaded on his computer and the screen turned blank for a couple of seconds, but the hard drive was working. Finally the screen came to life with rows and rows of binary coding, followed by a strange logo "M" and then Chole's picture.[/i]

Iris: What is this?

Chole: I have no idea...well, I know that it's about me...

[i]Chole stood up while he waited for something to pop up. A serial ID code appeared on the top of his picture, reading
"M-3T30" AKA Chole. A meny finally popped up to the right of his photo and displayed three items.

M-3T30 Project

DragonFire/TigerIce Hybrid

Cristal[/i]

Chole: ...

Iris: Oh...Chole...

[i]He didn't understand it at first, but Iris had a clear understanding of Chole background now that she saw.[/i]

Chole: What is it?

Iris: Look at the M project.

[i]Chole pointed at the bar and it loaded up a profile of Chole with a 3-D graph of his DNA. Varous pictures of Chole appeared, including him at his home back in Meteo City, outside. But one particular photo didn't register in his mind: He was in the labs, strapped down with his eyes wide open, looking aimlessly foward.[/i]

Chole: No...I...I don't understand...

[i]Neither of them really could read the DNA model to the right, but the surrounding text they could understand perfectly...

"Chole displays no Hybrid characteristics except for a small energy stream that flows through his underlying chest area constantly and adapts to significant temperatures."

"DNA scans confirmed that he is Hybrid. No other viable evidence to suggest the presence of the Cristal reseqencing."

End[/i]

Chole: What was all that?

Iris: I'm not really certain...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Iris: But I think............you were used as a test, since you'r ancestors were Trell and Valik.

Chole: Oh god.....

Iris: *sigh* Must've been people searching for the Cristal itself.......

Chole: Greed.......human nature......it's all melding together here.

Iris: I know........[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Chole: But why the Cristal?! Why would they want to mess around with me?

Iris: I don't know any of the answers either...

[i]Chole backed out of his profile and headed onto the Hybrid section of the disc.

It displayed Trell and Valik's profiles and the complete stories for them...with pictures and everything. Even a child named Miluska was mentioned...but no Chole.[/i]

Chole: So these are my ancestors...

[i]Iris paid attention to the dates on the corner of the screen...[/i]

Iris: Chole, do you know your parent's names?

Chole: No, not really...
[/COLOR]

[I]Meanwhile...[/I]

Pi went with Arta to their old home. They walked and saw everything just as they left it.

Pi-Sure brings back memories...

Arta-Yeah...

Pi-I just hope that when this is over this place still exists.

Arta-This is just the eye of the hurricane.

Pi-Arta, I need you to stay here in Celes.

Arta-What?

Pi-Your armor's damaged and your weapons were destroyed. It would be too dangerous for you to fight in this condition.

Arta-Okay, I guess you're right. But promise me that you'll come back.

Pi-Have I ever died before?

Arta-:rolleyes:

After saying goodbye, Pi headed for Faye's place.

[COLOR=royalblue]Iris: This is all starting to make a freaky sort of sense.......

Chole: What?

Iris: Did you ever consider your parents were humans and hybrid haters?

Chole: ......no...

Iris: Did you ever wonder why you don't remember them very well?

[i]His mouth dropped open at the suggestion Iris was making, then he hung his head......Iris sighed with remorse, then put her arms around him gently....[/i][/COLOR]

siren walked outside and looked to the horizon

siren: *sigh* i tried to protect him... oh well... i hope chole will be ok...

she walks away from the settlement and sits in a lonly spot on the outskirts... she closes her eyes and sinks into the darkness of oblivion

[COLOR=darkblue]Chole: My parent's were murdered when I was three, I was too young to member!

[i]He stood straight up and slammed the monitor, backing out and double-clicking on "Cristal..."[/i]

Iris: Are you alright?

Chole: I'm fine...if my parents were hybrid haters, then why would they have me?

Iris: Are they even your biological parents...

[i]Just then, a stream of patterns emerged from the screen, catching Chole's eye...putting him into a short trance.[/i]

Iris: Chole.

Chole: They're my parents...that I know...I have dreams of them sometimes when I'm really down...they're always there in my mind.

Iris: Than explain the pictures and the file.

Chole: .........I can't...

Iris: Why not?

Chole: I JUST CAN'T!!!

[i]The screen turned blank...at first Chole thought the computer crashed...but heard sound in the background...an audio track was playing...a woman's voice.[/i]

Woman: To Faye, hear me out...the Cristal. It runs through my veins...to this very day it does...but soon, I will die and my son will receieve what should have been locked away forever. They're after me...

[i]A baby could be heard crying in the background...[/i]

Woman: I was the first born...and it wasn't 300 something-odd years ago...only 24...please take care of him...and hope that he never knows...

[i]The door got knocked down before she could finish her sentence. Shots were fired and the crying of the baby stopped. Footsteps, and then silence for a few minutes...[/i]

Chole: Oh...

[i]The baby's crying could be heard again as the footsteps of a single person could be heard. Another woman...[/i]

Woman2: Hush, little one...

[i]The video finally stopped...and the disc ejected.[/i]

Chole: ...*picked up the disc*

Iris: That sounded like Siren...

Chole: I know...

[i]Chole walked over to the window sill and pulled up the coverings revealing the entire city engulfed in a sparkling blue haze from the waters above. It was calm...but they knew that slowly, their world was being shifted out of allingment, and in a few months...all hell would break loose, literally. His eyes looked around and he turned back, heading straight for the door.[/i]

Iris: Where are you going?

Chole: Back to my aunt, Faye...and don't follow me, please...

[i]He ran out, skidding on the polished marble floor and sprined back towards the kitchen...[/i]

Chole: I have to go...

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Iris's body seemed to wilt slightly and her heart flip flopped at the realization of what Chole's past had been............She could feel a sound of sorrow rising in the back of her throat and let it come out in the form of a wordless melody..........soon, Rena walked in and sat down next to her. Sympathizing and empathizing at the same time.[/i]

Rena: .......*sigh*

[i]A few minutes later, Iris stopped and hugged Rena tightly, tears beading in her eyes......[/i]

Rena: I'm sorry about all of this......I never thought we'd end up like this.

Iris: Yeah, I know. It was so different just a few months ago. I was fine, you were fine, and Tresta and Kima were also fine.

Rena: *chokes back a sob* And we were so happy......

Iris: Look at us, sobbing over things of the past when there's work to be done.

[i]The young hybrid dried her eyes with her knuckles and Iris quickly blinked her tears away. The two stood up and walked back to the living room, eyes red rimmed, but faces composed.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole had tears in his eyes by the time he knocked on the vault...Faye ran her hand under the motion scanner and the doors opened...she remained fixed on the paper she was holding.[/i]

Faye: So you finally know what happened...

Chole: I knew what happened a long time ago...and this backs it up...except...

Faye: The tests...

Chole: That makes no sense at all...

[i]Chole walks closer towards his aunt and the vault doors shut.[/i]

Faye: I was at Celes during your mother and father's murder...your father was human...and your mother was a hybrid of a Dragon and Tiger...

Chole: And they never displayed any traits...

Faye: Yeah...look at our flesh...not a single imperfection...we look human...

Chole: Did my dad, hate me?

Faye: From your mother's letters...like this one I'm holding right now...they both loved you. But there was one time when your dad took you into the lab and never came back until a few days later...that would explain the pictures.

Chole: What for?

Faye: To find out why you had almost none of his traits...none of his DNA...

Chole: You mean I was a perfect clone of my mother?

Faye: Well, except for the XY trait...that meant your sex...nothing more...not your height...not your hair color...not even your behaivor...

Chole: But did they have to strap me down like that?

Faye: Unfortunately...your father made a grave error that sent him running and eventually got him killed. He may not hate hybrids...but his colleagues did...

Chole: Who did he work for?

[i]Faye held up a buisness card..[/i]

Faye: Meteo City R&D...they hate hybrids...and they found about you and took you from him after the scans were complete...

Chole: What did they do to me?

Faye: That I have no clue...

Chole: Oh...

Faye: Chole, there is one more thing...

Chole: What's that?

Faye: Your mother...she was pregnant when she was killed...

Chole: :( The baby died?

Faye: *clutched her stomach* No...

Chole: You have it with you right now!?

Faye: No...I raised her in my womb and let her go before their Hunters came looking...

Chole: How?

Faye: I visited her body in the mourge afterwards and scanned her body to find a fertile egg still inside her...so I raised it...but when they found out...they came after me...so right after I had her...I let her go to one of the nurses...told 'em to find a good home for her...

Chole: I had a sister?!

Faye: I'm sorry it's all so much...but you have a right to know...

Chole: Do you know where she is?

Faye: No...I'm sorry...

Chole: Probably got killed during the massacre...

Faye: Don't say that...

Chole: Chances are...

Faye: She got orphaned...and since the city isn't in the best condition...

Chole: Did she have the same traits as me?

Faye: I only got to hold the little girl for a few days...but I got in a scan...and your traits match except for her XX trait...

Chole: Female...same traits...orphaned...a few years younger than me...

Faye: Actually...a few more since I took quite long with my pregnancy...3 years to be exact...making you six in the hands of Siren when she was born.

Chole: Siren took care of me?

Faye: She was the one who named you...well, she said you named yourself through your first word...

Chole: Did you name the little girl?

Faye: Nope...I wanted her identity to be a shrowd to the goverment...

Chole: I see...

Faye: Well if you ever see your sister, say hi to her for me...

Chole: Anything else?

Faye: That's all I know...sorry...oh...can you go join up with your friends...I have to clean up here...

[i]They stood up in the pile of papers and started to pick each one up carefully. Chole handed the pile he had to Faye and he walked out...[/i]

[i]Something [/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Iris looked up at Chole's face............he looked disturbed and the feelings sparking around him proved her suspicions correct. She sat still and forced herself to hold back her questions....[/i]

Rena: You okay Chole?

Chole: ....Yeah.......yeah, I'm fine.

Iris: *mutters* Yeah right.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole walked back upstairs while the others watched him...they knew something was really wrong with him and Iris knew why.[/i]

Iris: Chole...

[i]He turned around.[/i]

Chole: ?

Iris: Did you find out?

Chole: Yeah...I did...

[i]Chole sighed and turned around with his head hung low. No one stood up to go after him. After a while, Rena got up and ran after him.[/i]

Rena: Chole wait!

[i]Her voice and tiny foosteps echoed throughout Faye's house as she ran after him.[/i]

Liam: Iris?

Iris: I can't really do much now...

Pi: You should go...

Iris: Rena's there for him...
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Iris: Rena can empathize with him easily....

Liam: Why?

Iris: She's lost two sisters......in less than two months, and her parents were abusive and violent. I for one was independent from my family for a long time.

Pi: I get it......

Liam: I hope they have a good talk.

Iris: Rena'll pull through. She's a good kid, almost like my daughter.

Liam: Why do you love kids so much?[/COLOR]

siren awoke to find that darkness had decended on the city sighing she got up and began the walk back to the city

siren: [I]i wonder if chole will ask me to explain... if he does...were will i begin? it's all so difficult.. i'm not sure i can do it... my god... when did i become such a coward that i can't admit the truth even to myself? *she stops and lies down* so...this is what i've been reduced to... pathetic...[/I]

she turns over and closes her eyes. a single tear slides past her lids, leaving a glistening trail across her cheek.

siren: *whispering* i'm sorry...for... everything...

[COLOR=darkblue]Rena: Chole, man...

Chole: Heh...man?

Rena: I'm just playing around...

[i]Rena grabbed his hand.[/i]

Rena: So what's wrong?

[i]He looked the other way...and walked slowly towards his room.[/i]

Chole: I'm just really depressed right now...

Rena: Then you know how I feel, too.

Chole: You're feeling down?

Rena: I was sleeping on the couch when I saw everything...

Chole: We're still linked, huh?

Rena: You bet...;) C'mon...let's get our minds off of this.

Chole: We we really should, huh?

[i]Rena grabbed Choles hand and they ran off to an open window nearby. Both of them jumped out and they landed on the streets safe and sound.Chole started to breathe hard.[/i]

Chole: That was a rush.

Rena: Do you know any good places around here?

Chole: Well...no...but we could always...

[i]Rena stopped and tugged at a woman's dress.[/i]

Woman: Yes?

Chole: Rena?

Rena: Umm...oh...what time is it?

Woman: Aw how cute...it's 3:45PM dear...

Rena: Thanks :D

[i]Rena and Chole ran off to the side of Faye's house. They sat down while she closed her eyes for a few moments and opened them again.[/i]

Chole: Find anything?

Rena: There's a really nice park not too far from here...let's go play!

[/COLOR]

OOC: Sorry if I get the facts wrong.
~~~~~~~

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole and Rena reached the park after a few minutes of running wildy side by side. Their hybrid nature revealed. Because of the state of emergency, there weren't that many children playing outside. Chole and Rena had time to be the kids they were and forget much about what's happened and anything that could bother them. They were both damaged horiffically in the past and both understood each other. Nothing in the world could break their moment together, not even Flash and Warlock up in space, dragging the Earth, slowly, thousands of miles away from it's path of life. [/i]

Chole: Haha...this'll be fun.

Rena: It kinda sucks that there's no one else to play with.

Chole: I never really preferred large crowds.

Rena: C'mon...

[i]Rena took Chole's hand and took him away into the park where they spent most of the day running around and laughing. Turning red from pushing and chasing each other through the thick trees and the blue ambience. They had no care in the world and they were linked, sharing each other's hapiness. The waters surrounding Celes began to dim as the dome's lights turned on. It was late when they finally stopped and rested.[/i]

Rena: *pant*pant* That was fun...

Chole: Heh, that sure was...

Rena: Hey, don't tell me that you're still down...

Chole: *lays down on the bottom steps of the slide*

Rena: What's wrong?

Chole: I just found out that I had a sister, not much younger than me...

Rena: What happened to her?

Chole: She was never born when my mom was killed...

Rena: *tears came to her eyes* I'm sorry...that's so sad...

[i]Rena took Chole's hand and squeezed hard...[/i]

Chole: She didn't die when my mom was murdered though...my Auntie Faye took care of her and raised her in her stomach...

Rena: You mean womb...:smirk:

Chole: Haha...

Rena: So how come she's not in your auntie's house?

Chole: She gave her away because of the Hunters...

Rena: To who?

Chole: A little orphaned baby dragon and tiger hybrid...she probably was still in Meteo City when Flash and Warlock messed everything up.

Rena: Oh...

Chole: I also found out that Siren was taking care of me before she handed me over to Ten, who I worked with for a long while...

Rena: That's great....she's like your second mother...

Chole: The saddest part was that I never knew who my mother really was.

Rena: Don't you have dreams of her?

Chole: Yeah...but they're only shadows of a fallen past.

Rena: ...I never knew my parents either...I was orphaned at birth, never knowing why. So it never really hit me...I always focused my love for my brothers and sisters.

Chole: You had siblings?

Rena: All those people at the orphanage were my brothers and sisters...we took care of each other and watched each other's back. And to know that they're all dead!

[i]Rena started sobbing. Tears streamed down her face, remembering the agony of losing loved ones to circumstance. It wasn't fair...to have all those children, who had so much potential to be laid to waste in the blink of an eye. Chole knew what she was feeling through her words, her tears, just by holding her hand he knew all these things and he knew he was someone with someone strikingly familiar...he knew that sadness expressed on her face was very similar to that of his own. The pattern of her voice as she sighed out her continuing sorrow.

He took her in his arms...[/i]

Chole: It's alright...

Rena: I'm only TEN! This shouldnt' be happening...

Chole: I'm sixteen and to have the same things happen to me...I feel for you...

[i]Then it finally hit him...he rembered his Aunt Faye telling him that the hybrid pregnancy took three years and he was six at the time of her birth. If Chole ever met her, she'd have the same 'features' as him, and they would just be so much alike.

Chole took her hand and helped her up. He looked around to find a small crystal water pond nearby. Rena's tears dropped on it, creating large ripples. After they cleared...they both looked down, reflecting both of their faces.[/i]

Chole: Hey, you're cute...

Rena: Hey...*sniff* :giggle: don't say that...you're cute too...lol

[i]They both saw it...they had a striking resembelence...it was clear to Chole that this was the girl that was orphand when he was six...that they would eventually meet and be one again.[/i]

Chole: Thanks...sister...

Rena: :confused:

Chole: Do you have any marks like mine? Than it might be true...

[i]Chole lifted up his shirt, exposing his bruises on his back. They were fading...but the silhouette of the dragon and tiger never disappeared. Being a hazy red and blue along his skin.[/i]

Rena: Oh I don't know...Chole...not here though...

[i]Chole took Rena's tear-soaked hand and they headed back towards Faye's house...going through the same window in the hallway, they ran to his room and shut the door quietly...[/i]

Rena: This is only because I really wanna know if you're my brother or not...I really want a family, to know who I am...

Chole: Don't worry...I understand *turns away*

[i]Rena unzipped her suit down to her stomach and slipped her arms out to expose her back.[/i]

Rena: It's okay now...

[i]Chole turned around to find her crouching with her arms crossed back faced up, revealing the same feint blue and red haze through her back, less pronounced...but apparent to Chole.[/i]

Chole: Better than a blood test eh?

Rena: *shakes* I hate needles!!

Chole: So do I...

Rena: So do you see what you wanted to see?

Chole: *turns around* Oh...sorry...

[i]Rena put her suit back on and turned to face Chole. Still turned away...she pulled him around and hugged him.[/i]

Rena: Do you think this is the best way to tell?

Chole: Does Iris know about this?

Rena: I never told her about it...I could take care of myself when she came into the shelter...but know that I know...

Chole: We should talk to Aunt Faye...

[/COLOR]

IC:
Pi was upstairs, talking with Faye.

Pi-So, they really existed?

Faye-Yes, and it seems that Chole is their descendant.

Pi-That explains why Flash and Warlock didn't kill him when they had the chance.

Faye-Please, don't let them capture him again.

Pi-Next time I meet them, I'll have a few surprises for them.

Siren-Pi!

Faye-She's been shouting your name for a while. You should see what she wants.

Pi-Yeah, before she hurts her throat:D .

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole and Rena came running downstairs towards the kitchen...[/i]

Chole: Aunt Faye, Pi!

Pi: Hey you two...where have you been?

Rena: Taking our minds off stuff...

Pi: That's a good thing. Did you want to talk to me or Faye?

Faye: Like I said...you should go see Siren, man.

Pi: Right ;)

[i]Pi walked off into the living room.[/i]

Chole: *points to Rena* Hi :wave:

Faye: Huh?

Rena: Chole said to me that if he ever found his sister, he'd say hi for you, because you gave me life and bore me into this world.

Faye: This is very interesting...

[i]Faye walked behind the kitchen counter and grabbed a scanning device.[/i]

Faye: May I?

Chole: It won't hurt, will it?

Faye: Of course not! :smirk:

[i]Faye ran her scanner over Chole and Rena. It scanned both of their coding sequences and displayed the entire genome of the two.[/i]

Rena: See?

Faye: ;) I can't believe it...

Chole: I had a feeling ever since you told me not to give up hope.

Rena: We should go tell the others...

Faye: They went out to look for you guys. Siren's here, but I'm sure she already knows.

Chole: We'll wait for the others to come then...

[i]Chole and Rena grabbed cups of juice that Faye had laid out on the table and walked to the living room to sit with Pi and Siren...[/i][/COLOR]