OtakuBoards

Meteo City 2 (*HV3*)

RicoTranzrig

[I]...As they walked down the corridor which seemed to go forever, Warlock continued glancing around, as if expecting a trap at any corner...[/I]

Flash: Relax... We are on the same side now...

Warlock: ...How can I be sure?

Flash: Oh... You'll see soon enough...

[I]Warlock took another look at Flash, and images flicked across his mind very quickly...[/I]

Warlock: [I](Something about him is so familar... So, so, so familar... Those clothes are just weilded in my brain... And they seem to of being a long, long time ago... But why can't I figure out what it means?...)[/I]

[I]Warlock sighed, and stopped suddenly when he realised they'd made it to the end of the corridor... A large rusted metal sliding door was in there way... Flash nodded at the door, and Warlock stepped closer...[/I]

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Siren stood up straight and had a strange expression on her face...[/i]

Chole: What's wrong?

Siren: There's someone else in this city...very much like me.

Liam: We can't worry about that now...the orphanage...

Siren: Right...

[i]Pi scouted around a little more before finally returning...[/i]

Pi: Well, I took a look around and I didn't find anyone...this place is just and empty space with buildings...it makes no sense. I've been through here before and it wasn't like this.

Rena: Then there's gotta be something wrong at the center of the city we gotta go!

Chole: We should get going before the sun begins to set...

Liam: Why is that?

Chole: Isn't it that more bad things happen at night?

Pi: Well yeah...but...we could get spotted and it'd be a lot worse now.

Chole: I dunno...I just have some kind of feeling.

Siren: The best thing to do right now is to right now is to hide in one of these buidlings and use it to scan the city.

Liam: Good idea...

[i]They go around the large patch of grass at the center of the district, staying alongside the trees to cover themselves. Pi led them to the tallest building in the area and kicked down the door. He turned on his flashlight and headed inside first. When the coast was clear, he signaled for everyone else to go in with him.[/i]

Chole: This should be good...just keep together...

Liam: We know...we know...

[i]The apartment building was a tall 17 stories high with concrete all around. It seemed abandoned for more than a few months with dust collecting and spraying forth each and every footstep. The group proceeded cautiously along as they climbed the dark staircase, their footsteps could be heard from all over, echoing. Chole looked up and saw that the roof was a glass plate. The case was still lit and there was no real need for a flash light as they ascended. When they finally reached the top floor, they stopped.[/i][/COLOR]

IC:
The stairs were covered with blood.

Chole-:eek: What is this?

Liam-There must have been some sort of battle in this building.

Siren-Let's continue.

They kept walking up the steps, each bloodier than the last. At the top, there was a locked door. Pi prepared to kick it open.

Pi-Everyone ready? There could be anything in there.

Rena-Just open it!

Pi-Here goes...

Pi kicked the door open and they all gasped when they saw what was inside: A dozen of brutaly killed hybrids.

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rena turned bright red and broke into a sweat...she started crying and hid behind Iris...[/i]

Iris: It's okay...it's okay...

[i]Roux just stood there, with no expression on his face. Chole kneeled next to him and picked him up. The two carried them downstairs quickly before the stench of blood reached their sensitive noses.[/i]

Iris: *gasp* Oh my god...

Chole: Iris stop!

[i]Iris stopped, holding a crying Rena.[/i]

Iris: What is it?

Chole: If there's bodies there... then the other floors may be no different.

Iris: You wanna go check?

Chole: I'd be more comfortable with you...but, Rena...

[i]He set down Chole and stood up[/i]

Chole: Roux, stay with Iris...I'll be right back...

[i]Chole ran around the halls of the 16th floor, checking for any open rooms. He used his breath to light up the room and his blade to cut a hole through the boarded up wall so they could see, but not be noticed. The entire apartment was clean, aside from the excess dust around. He went back outside to check up on the three. Rena was still crying and pale white with disgust...[/i]

Rena: We shouldn't have come here....

Iris: Chole!

Chole: I found us a safe place to stay until the others find out what's going on...

[i]Chole picked up Roux and they went inside the dimly light apartment...There, they found a small couch and a bed. They set Rena and Roux on the couch. Rena put her hands to her face and turned to Roux. She put her arms around him and cried...[/i]

Chole: This really bites...

Iris: Who would do such a thing to such a great city?

Chole: I dunno, it's insane...

[i]Chole hung his head low and looked out the small hole he made through the kitchen window. Iris followed him and put her hand on his shoulder.[/i]

Iris: Anyone out there?

Chole: No...they must be all dead...

[i]Tears started to stream down Chole face...[/i]

Chole: I thought I'd never see something like that again...ugh...

Iris: It's okay...it's okay...[/COLOR]

siren's lips tighten and she pales

siren: i'll be back...i'm going to- ....go for a walk... i'll be back in a bit...

with that siren turned and stalked out...she opened the doors with all the dead and a tear slid down her face

[color=darkblue][i]Chole saw Siren pacing around the hallway of the apartment building. and he opened the door and walked out.[/i]

Chole: Siren, are you okay?

Siren: If you don?t mind, I?d like to be alone right now.

Chole: oh...okay...

[i]Chole went back inside and shut the door, but leaving it unlocked just in case Siren needed to come inside.[/i]

Iris: How is she?

Chole: She?s nerve wrecked too.

Iris: This is all too much...

Chole: We?ll get through this.

Iris: But there?s no one left in this city...we should go.

Chole: No we can?t...

[i]Chole looked back at the couch and saw Rena and Roux sleeping. Her face was still glistening from her tears and sweat.[/i]

Chole: Rena wanted to go back to the orphanage...

Iris: That?s suicide and you know it.

Chole: Maybe...but Siren said something about the eye of the storm...and if she?s right, then there might be survivors...

[i]Iris put her hands on her cheeks, feeling the coldness on her face. She shook her head and walked off into one of the adjacent rooms of the apartment.[/i]

Iris: I wonder how Pi and Liam are doing?

Chole: They?ll be fine, they?ve seen war...they have experience.

Iris: And Siren...how come it?s hard for her?

Chole: ?cause she?s compassionate, caring...but she still has nerves of steel.

Iris: At least someone?s has their act together...

Chole: Yeah, Siren?s a good person to trust.

Iris: No...I was talking about you...

[i]Chole peeked into the room and saw Iris pressed up against the wall, tears running down her face. Chole walked up to her and put his hand up against her cheek.[/i]

Chole: It?ll only be a bit longer before we leave this building. Everything?s going to be okay.

[i]Chole paused for a moment to think of something nice to say...he looked back at the kids, listened to Siren pace around and Liam and Pi argue upstairs. He turned his eyes foward.[/i]

Chole: I?m here for you...
[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]As soon as the words left his mouth, Iris began to sob, the tears pouring from her face. Chole put his arms around her, and held her as she held him when he cried.[/i]

Iris: I'm sorry.

Chole: It's alright......

Iris: It's just.....I knew those kids in there....I knew them by name...and now they're gone.....Rena knew them too...

[i]He put a finger on her lips and she fell silent, and soon the tears stopped. She wipped her eyes with her hands and stood up. Rena and Roux had fallen asleep, both curled up like kittens.[/i]

Iris: We're not innocent anymore....and Rena will never be the same.

Chole: We'll work things out.

Iris: We always do.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole got up and dusted himself off...he looked outside to see Siren gone. He ran out and went upstairs to check up on them...but they weren't there either. He really didn't want to go through the closed full of the slain population...but he wondered where the others went.[/i]

Siren: Chole, is that you?!

[i]Siren poked her head from a hole in the glass roof. They were on the top, scanning the city...Chole breathed out a sigh of relief.[/i]

Chole: yeha, I was looking for you guys.

Pi: We're almost done...just watch over the kids with Iris...

Chole: How long?!

Liam: About a few more hours...we want it to be perfectly dark when we get out of here...we're getting something, but we need more time.

Chole: Okay..

[i]Chole walked back down the bloodied staircase and inside the room where Iris was sitting by Rena and Roux, who were still sleeping...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Iris looked up and smiled at Chole breifly, then her face fell, and she looked sad again. Chole sat down next to her and put his arm around her shoulder.[/i]

Chole: What's wrong?

Iris: I don't know anymore........I just....

Chole: Don't worry.

Rena/Roux: :sleep:

Iris: Would you look at those two? They sleep so easily.

Chole: And what about their dreams?

Iris: *cloeses eyes* None whatsoever.

Chole: That's good. Siren and the others are scaning the city.

Iris: *shudders* I wouldn't trade places with them ever.

Chole: I know....[/COLOR]

Chole: I don't think I would either...

Iris: Hehe...one of us might have to someday.

Chole: Oh, why is that?

Iris: 'cause this could last a very long time...and Pi, Liam, and Siren won't always be here...

[i]Chole shifted his body to face Iris even further and a huge cloud of dust spread around...[/i]

Chole: Gah...what is this?!

Iris: I guess sawdust from the boards...

Chole: No...there couldn't be this much...

[i]Chole took a deep breath and blew out a small ball of fire, illuminating the entire room a bright orange. The two noticed that the entire place was covered in a strange type of dark matter, speckling the entire room.[/i]

Iris: *shrugs*

[i]Pi came back down...[/i]

Pi: I think you might wanna take a look at this...

[i]Pi gave Chole his scope, set on infared...he looked out through the boarded windows and saw a bright red through it...[/i]

Chole: what is it?

Pi: Take off the scope...or put it on enchanced vision...

[i]Chole rotated the configurations and could see the entire room as plain as day, the outside as well. In the distance, he could see flames spuring out, spewing forth black smoke into the air.[/i]

Chole: What is it?

Iris: Beats me...

Pi: *hangs head* You guys don't want to know...

[i]Pi instantly knew what it was...a crematarium(sp?)...that was when he knew that his "contacts" went way too far and that any form of relationship other than hatred was left. Siren fell at the sight and cried hysterically on the glass roof, Liam holding her trembling body. Chole and Iris were still confused as to what the flames were all about...Pi ran out of the room...ashes of burnt flesh were all over him...fallen all over the apartment and all over the streets of Meteo City...[/i]

*Liam looked disgusted around the place, thinking back to school and some of the ancient records that he had to study, remembering this happening before, but in an era long past*

Liam: This is a copycat act. .disgusting, most likely they kept records of their actions *shudder*

[I]Flash and Warlock reach the end of the Corridoor... A huge, glass elevator awaits them... Flash smiles, and steps inside... Warlock follows... The elevator smoothly goes up, and up, and up, and up... It finally stops... The doors slide open, and Flash steps out into the room... It's an office... Warlock recognises it as the tallest building in the dead center of Meteo City, the 'Headquarters' of Meteo City, so to speak. The place was virtually empty, save a few pot plants, and a massive circular desk in the center of the room... Flash walked up to it, jumped over, and landed in the large leather seat... He spun it around, and faced Warlock, an evil smile on his face... He throws up one hand, and without warning, a blood-red explosion of light occurs... Warlock throws up his arms to protect himself... When he opens his eyes again, the office has changed dramatically... The once white, tiled floor is now dingy grated metal, with pipes and such running beneath it... The walls are a dirty gold, stained with rust, blood, and dirt... The windows are now boarded over, and barred up, by large metal rods... The lights are now flourescent tubes, some failing, flickering, and others completely broken. The whole room seems to writhe with evil... A dark foggy mist begins to rise up from the floor... Flash looks at Warlock...[/I]

Flash: Do you like my office? I designed it myself.

Warlock: What?! How? This makes no sense!

Flash: [I]It doesn't have to[/I]. You must remember that.

Warlock: ...Tell me everything.

Flash: Warlock, it all begins with something called 'Omega Theory'... Ha ha, I hope you're ready for a long explanation.

Warlock: Trust me, I've been waiting a long time for this... I can feel it...

[COLOR=royalblue][i]The thoughts Siren was having were so loud, Iris could hear all of them. As soon as the word "crematorium" showed up, Iris began to cry with Siren...[/i]

Iris: ...It's just like the world war.....

Chole: I don't understand....

Iris: They're burning hybrids......by the masses....[/COLOR]

IC:
Pi ran downstairs, anger and hatred filling him. He exited the building and kept running, now towards the crematorium.

Pi-*Arming 'Launcher* Cyo! I swear I will kill you, even if I die trying!

[I]Meanwhile...[/I]

Cyo is with a squad he summoned. They are leaving Iris's refuge, with all the kids captured, and scared.

Cyo-If our little "bonfire" doesn't get their attention, maybe some kidnapping will.:devil:

Hunter-Sir, but how will the rebels know where to find us?

Cyo-I left them a map and a letter inside. They better hurry though, because it would be very tempting to kill a few of these brats...

[I]Flash throws his head back, and laughs...[/I]

Flash: Have you seen them, Warlock? The burnings?

Warlock: ...You mean, the Hybrids?

Flash: That's right.

Warlock: ...You fool. You're a hybrid as well, can't you see that...

[I]Flash stands up, glaring at Warlock... He looks at him with anger, as if hating him for even suggesting that he was a Hybrid... He then recoils slightly, and grins...[/I]

Flash: No no, Warlock... I am so much more... As are you.

Warlock: ...I had a feeling...

[I]Without warning, Flash draws his Magnum, and fires the whole barrel of 8 rounds at him... But something happens... Instead of having the bullets rip through him, rendering him lifeless, they crash into him, making small bursts of light on impact, and then falling to the ground, crushed....[/I]

Warlock: What!?

[I]Flash smiles, and puts his gun back in it's holster...[/I]

Flash: Project 'Alpha'... A project with a goal of creating the ultimate lifeform... Something beyond human or hybrid... To create a god among men, one to rule them all, one to bring the world to a new Utopia...

Warlock: Then what is Omega theory?

Flash: Omega theory states that there are only two types of being - Pure and Impure. Hybrids are quite simply Impure. However, so are humans.

Warlock: So you're saying... Project Alpha's goal was to create a totally pure existence?

Flash: You're halfway there.

Warlock: ...I don't understand...

Flash: Where there is good there always must be evil...

Warlock: So Project Alpha needed to create a being of total evil as well... something totally impure...

Flash: That's right. And my Ancestor, Flash... A hybrid hunter... He was one of the first Prototypes for Pure. But he went wrong... So now, I must take over in his footsteps. I will be wholly Pure.

Warlock: Wait... What does this have to do with me?

Flash: Ha ha... Warlock, do you not see? You are Impure. The absolute embodiment of evil.

Warlock: What!? Surely not!

Flash: Tell me, Warlock... Do agree with my mass killing? My unbridled destruction and slaughtering of everyone?

Warlock: No, of course not! You're insane!

Flash: Then you are Impure. Yet at the same time, you are my brother...

Warlock: Brother!?

Flash: Yes, but we're not like normal brothers. We're brothers linked through cursed genes. Brothers destined for eternal struggle... And it must be that way, I'm afraid. There is no turning back, and there is no-where to retreat to... But don't fear. For you and I will rule our own respective worlds. Mine, a Utopia of pure, and you, a dark place, of hybrids and humans alike.

Warlock: Flash... This is insane.

Flash: I know. Fun, isn't it?

IC:
Pi-I will tell you where to find him, but I'll be the one who kills him.

Siren-*Lets go of him* Just tell me where he is!

Pi-*Closes eyes and concentrates* (I feel Arta's energy, and someone else's. It must be Cyo!) He's going to the crematorium!

Siren-Let's go!

siren: i'll take us there...*turns to others* this may be goodbye... i don't intend on coming back without killing cyo...at least not volentarly... i'll miss you all...

in a flash of green light siren and pi dissapears

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i don't intend to die so don't get any ideas...

OOC:
I don't intend to die either;) ...

IC:
Siren and Pi appeared in front of the huge building now known as the Crematorium.

Pi-I can feel him. He's close, very close.

Siren-*An energy charge in her hand* I'm ready for him.

Pi-Don't take him lightly. He's a lot more powerful than he seems to be.

Siren-How do you know?

Pi-Trust me on this one.

Voice-Well, if it isn't Pi!

Pi and Siren turned around to find Cyo, alone.

Cyo-:devil: Long time no see!

Pi-:flaming: You bastard...

Cyo-What, is something wrong? Maybe the smell of burning flesh annoys you.

Siren-:flaming: You son of a b****!

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole closed his eyes for a few minutes and a flash of images came over him, of Siren, Liam, and Pi heading over. He saw a man in a jet black trenchcoat with his partner, and a strange man and his minions dressed in uniform everything turned bright red as he saw images of thousands of hybrids being murdered, hearing each and every one of their screams...his eyes opened wide and he took in a deep gasp of air. He saw Iris, Rena, and Roux by the couch...resting soundly, but very much awake and alert. He looked out the window with his scope and saw that the three were already headed over to the roaring fires of hell in the distance. They'd have to either wait for them or continue their run to the shelter.[/i]

Chole: Iris..

Iris: What?

Chole: We have to go...

[i]As Chole walked over, he kicked up dust and ash off the floor.[/i]

Chole: We can't stay here..

Iris: But we're tired...

Chole: No! We'll be found here and killed if we stay!

[i]Chole's shout echoed throughout the apartment, waking up both Rena and Roux. Neither of them cried. They were alert and ready to move.[/i]

Iris: We'll be killed if we get spotted outside!

Chole: Look, I'm going to the shelter...come with me or not...it's your choice...we'll be safer to go where Siren said.

[i]Chole started out of the room.[/i]

Rena: What's going on? We're going to the shelter?

Iris: No...

Rena: Chole Wait!!!

[i]Rena got off the ash covered couch and ran after Chole, who was already at the stairs. Roux looked at her, then at Iris...[/i]

Chole: You coming too?

Rena: I know there's someone there! I just know it!

Chole: Let's go...[COLOR=silver]*flash of images from his dream flow through his head* sis...[/COLOR]

Rena: What did you call me?

Chole: Nothing...*shakes his head* I'm starting to hate this building.

Rena: ...

[i]Chole took Rena's hand and led her down the flight of stairs. He told her to wait inside while he checked outside for anyone, making use of the infared scope Pi gave him before he left to do battle with Cyo and his minions...

He didn't notice anything and signaled for Rena to go.[/i]

Rena: How about Iris and Roux?

Chole: They want to stay here.

Rena: Shouldn't we be all together?

Chole: Yup...

Rena: Oh...?

Chole: We'll wait for a while before we start running.

[i]Chole keept scanning for any life signs while Rena hid in the shadows, waiting with her pumping heartbeat...[/i] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Iris: You ready to go Roux?

Roux: *nods*

[i]She picked him up and let him ride on her back. The two walked out the doors and ran to Chole and Rena's position silently, barely breathing. Rena looked at them and nodded.[/i]

Iris: *sets Roux down* Anything?

Chole: Not yet.......[/COLOR]

[I]...Warlock crept away from Flash slowly, looking at him like he was crazy...[/I]

Warlock: ...I have no idea why I agreed to let you guide me here...

[I]Warlock was about to turn around, when he felt some force gripping onto him, resticting him to go further... He turned back to Flash, his face masked with annoyance...[/I]

Warlock: Let me go.

Flash: No...

Warlock: Let me go!

Flash: No... I know you'll agree with me in the end...

Warlock: Let me go now or you'll have a fight on your hands...

Flash: Wait a bit longer... I know you're oppinion will change...

siren: you'll pay for this...all of the pain and suffering...it was all you wasen't it?!?

cyo: good girl...you finally figured out a piece of the puzzle diden't you...

pi: a piece??

siren: it dsen't matter...NOW YOU DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

siren hurled herself at him in a attempt to make him fight

IC:
Siren fired the energy she had stored in her hand, only to be simply absorbed by Cyo.

Cyo-:smirk: Is that all you've got?

He grabbed her by the neck and slammed her into the ground, vausing a small crater to appear. Before he could attack her again, Pi quickly ran towards Cyo and grabbed him, trying to absorb his energy.

Cyo-That won't work with me.

Pi-Siren, get out of there!

As soon as Pi said this, Cyo gave him a powerfull elbow smash in the stomach. Siren flew outside of the crater, green energy flowing trough her body.

Siren-You will cause no more pain...

Cyo-So you'll finally give me a decent fight?

Siren-Much more than that...

Cyo-Good! Then I guess I can use my powers.