OtakuBoards

So... how interesting is your life? ^_^

Guest Lick

Hi there, I'm Lick... yep... ^_^

I didn't know where to start here and posting in a lot of the threads seemed intimidating... I didn't see any introduction threads either so I didn't make one... and I hope this thread doesn't break any rules either.

Well before I go on with myself let me say I have a sister who has been here for a few years. I don't want to say her name because she might hurt me but feel free to guess :animesmil

Like the thread said... how interesting is your life? Do you have an interesting job, or are planning on getting one that's quite entertaining? I think it's a clever question to ask, seeing as the variety of the replies would be awesome. You get people who have vaguely normal lives and then people who seem to live off impulse... could be interesting, no?

I haven't had a job for years and I used to live in London with a few friends of mine. Neither of them had jobs, either, even though we still managed to have money. If anyone has heard of Camden Market in London they should know that many tourists come there and want to take photos of the city life. We would charge two pound for a photo and although it would not keep us rich, it was enough to buy is a good few rounds at the pub :animesmil

The many adventures in London for over five years are too many to mention, lol. I moved back recently, still with no job. The tourism isn't so good here, although I still try to charge if any of them snap pictures, lol. Since I'm living with my family I don't need money, but I do spend some time in the city centre. A group of friends I met through my sister had the idea of busking for money to fuel our nights... which should work as I can play the guitar rather well ^_^.

Basically I may not be rich or have a nice, well-paid job, but I am neither a bum nor a trouble maker. I'm more like an entertainer and go with the flow lol.

Sorry for the long post and sorry if it breaks the rules. I'm not sure how to start here so I though I could start out by asking how interesting people's lives are!

[font=Arial]Hey, you're doing great already!

To be honest, my life isn't that interesting at the moment. I go to work (at the Federal Home Loan Bank) every day (9-5), go home and work out, then relax the rest of the night. I'm sorta in limbo right now, waiting for my first semester of college to begin this fall, which is exciting. I'll be at Columbia University in Manhattan, so if anyone is in the area let me know and we might be able to meet (gasp).

On weekends I go up to Manhattan to hang out with my brother and cousin, which is always a fun time. You know, hanging out on saturday, partying it up at night, and coming back home on sunday.[/font]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]Interesting? Well, in my highly biased and self-serving opinion... eh.

I do go to a fine arts school, and this upcoming year (I am finally an upper-classman! Yay!), I'll be double majoring in Instrumental Music and Creatve Writing, so I will have a lot on my plate. I am almost finished with summer school, which I took to catch up on math I would be missing because of my full schedual.

Aside from part-time OtakuBoarder, I also compose some, write some, and am learning to programm and to Deutsche Sprachen. I don't have a job quite yet, and I am not sure when I will get one.

And that's about it.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=darkred][size=1]

My life as a whole is pretty interesting. I'm a black belt in martial arts and am pursuing a career as a writer/martial artist. I'm a high school senior who has pretty decent luck with attractive women. I'm a comic book-nerd who plays a mean game of street basketball. I'm undefeated in two video games and also a Buddhist. I've never stayed any place in my life for longer than three years, save my last location which barely broke the four year mark. I've lived and traveled in Europe, I speak small amounts of German, Greek, and also have a large slang vocabulary.

I think I'm pretty interesting as a person, if my life isn't necessarily interesting at the very moment. I go to work, go the gym, go out with my girlfriend, get on the internet, and I am waiting for my Senior year in High School to start.

I think it's mediocre if anything.[/color][/size]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"]To sum it all up, no. Seriously, my life is about as interesting as watching paint dry. All I do is get on the computer, play video games, listen to music, and hang with friends. Pretty average lifestyle in my opinion.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Thing in my life have definitely changed up since the beggining of summer. Both for good and bad, and i suppose a few gray areas too.

I started working again after a nice vacation, but the summer is a really fast paced time for the store so i've been working a lot of late nights and some longer shifts then what i've actually been scheduled for. It can be annoying, but it isn't too bad. I work with a lot of cool people (and a couple of cute girls) so it's tolerable. As long as i'm getting paid for all my overtime. It's been keeping me pretty busy, but by the last week of August thankfully my schedule will lighten up a bit to 3 or 4 days a week at 8-9 hour shifts. Though I have been getting some generous days off considering the demand for help in the store. I've been able to get away with a pretty light schedule though by exaggerating my school schedule a little bit though ;P. So i'll have an ample amount of free time overall.

Aside from the work aspect of my life, everything else is pretty cool. Been rearranging my room to put my xbox and PS2 up there with a TV along with my desk and comp. Giving my parents the living room back so that they can better prepare for when I move out, heh.

Went to about 5 different parties in July which were definitely the highlights of my summer, will be making a trip out to PA for a few days at the end of August once my work schedule changes. So at least work hasn't been ruling my summer completely.

Single for the moment but doing pretty good with getting to know this girl from work ;P. We shall see what happens with that.

On the nerd/geek side of life my video game collection has grown nicely with the addition of The Darkness, Gears of War, Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition, and SMT: Persona 3. My anime collection remains constant but i'll probably nab a few box sets on my next check with whatever i have leftover for spending purposes.

Seen Pirates 3, Spider-man 3, Transformers, Oceans13, and going to see The Simpsons movie in a couple of days as far as the summer movies go.

Been planning for our (few friends and myself) trip to New York Anime Festival in december, which i'm supremely looking forward to.

That's bout it for current events and such.

[/FONT]

[quote name='Matt']My life is about as interesting as a bag of half roasted peanuts.[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Fantastic. I'm jealous.

I love your banner, Lick. I miss England a lot. Not the water, but definately the people. Hope you enjoy your stay on the boards ... it's not nearly as active as I remember it, but it's still full of pleasant people nevertheless. [/size]

I work, I eat, and I sleep... and that pretty much feels like all I do anymore. Lately my life has been a little more interesting because I have been working on some cosplays... other than that though it's really boring and dry. I don't even draw as much as I would like to anymore.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Uhm... i don't think my life is too interesting. Certainly not at the moment anyways. I'm pretty much just waiting to go back to college on the 20th. Uh.. i'm a biomedical engineer major...but i'm considering switching over to some science field, not sure which. I want to be either a scientist or an engineer... or a musician or an artist or a business man or a psychologist or a philosopher or a.... shet, i'll stop. Anyways, yeah, i have lots of interests and loads of uncertainty. Deadly bloody combo if ya ask me.

I play guitar, i play video games, i get online. Those are my days minus the eating and pooping. ;D
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]How interesting is my life? Pretty effin'.

World of Hot Girlfriendcraft, World of Workcraft, World of Great Friendscraft, World of Awesome Forumcraft, and of course the clincher; World of Warcraft.

I mean, I don't have any aspirations. I'm not going to college or a fine arts school. Not really looking for a career because GameStop is fine right now. Really, in general my life is just really care-free and laid back.
Got a great girlfriend. She's great. The best thing thats ever happened to me. She's so understanding and cool, she does nice things for me, doesn't care I'm a WoW junkie when we're not together. Just amazing.
The racing scene is better than ever now. People are starting to stray away from bright lights, busy city and heading out into the hilly area of Shawnee Heights. Makes for more dangerous, road-course style racing which I'm highly enjoying. Makes for quick wins because no one around this joint knows how to drift properly and they lose alot of speed in the corner. Hey, don't look at me, I don't drift. I drive a CRX.
Kids. Don't street race. It's illegal and you'll get killed.

All in all my life is better than all of yours right now.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"]No more than anyone else I'm sure. I'm finishing up my last two classes for my Bachelor's Degree, which leaves me with a lot of free time since all the main work is done. I start the Doctorate program next month, which surprisingly won't be as busy as I initially thought it would. My volunteer work only runs about ten hours a week so I've had a lot of time for video games and other fun side stuff that usually I'm too busy to do.

In the end, between school, doing the volunteer work and goofing off, my life right now is very relaxing. Once school starts again in about 3-4 weeks that will change, but I'm sure it will still be interesting, even if on the busy side. And since I enjoy what I'm doing in school I'm looking forward to it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]My life is sitting on [B]Otakuboards [/B]and [B]Megatokyo [/B]and watching anime and reading manga.

The last week I had no internet, so my brother and I and our friends played [B]Halo [/B]and[B] Halo 2[/B] almost nonstop the entire week. That and I recorded some songs using [B]GarageBand[/B]. And I played some RPGs. And my family went to the beach today.

...I've been awake for around 27 hours and am staying up on sheer determination to not let all the threads I've missed loose their bold print. This is as eciting as life gets for me. I am not a very interesting person whatsoever.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh nothing super exciting is going on in my life beyond the normal work, sleep, play games, visit OtakuBoards and theOtaku.com. Probably the only thing different is I got the idea to rearrange three rooms in the house so I've spent the past couple of days pulling things out and moving stuff. As a result, I now have three rooms that are a total disaster. lol I expect to have it all in place over the weekend though. And then I'll wonder why I even bothered in the first place. lol

Oh and I still need to see the Transformers movie, twice now I've ended up not being able to go when I had planned on it. And I am looking forward to meeting indifference and Rachmaninoff at the Anime Banzai convention at the end of this month in Salt Lake City. :catgirl: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=crimson]I've been trying to find a home for a dog. I met a guy about a week ago who was a friend of a friend. A dog gave birth to pups under his grandparent's deck and when the father-dog's owners came to collect the litter the conditions weren't too optimal for crawling around underneath the deck as it had been raining nearly a month locally at the time. Eight puppies left then and by the evening they heard yelping, one had been left behind.

It's a precious little boxer/pit mix, a little girl who is quite adorable. My parents aren't interested in a third dog so I've been trying to find a place for the dog with a friend of mine who raised a pit already and has expierence with large breed dogs. I'm hoping that he has the financial capability to take the dog on because the little pup deserves a good home and a good life.

I quit my summer job since college is approaching and I'm looking into taking up a martial art. Tai Chi and Shaolin-Do are the two that have my interest the most, since there aren't any respectable Jeet Kune Do teachers around San Antonio. Keeping in shape and having a productive hobby are the foremost reasons for my interest in taking up a martial art. I don't really care about kicking someone's ***. At 6'4" it's rare for someone to want to have a problem with me.

I'm part of the "I want to be a writer" crowd that floats around young adults like a group of blooms desperately trying not to wilt. I understand the difficulties of breaking out into writing. I don't imagine wild success on the level of Rowling or King. Haha, minor success would be neat. I just want to walk into a Borders or a Barnes and Nobles and find one of my books chilling on a shelf somewhere. I don't want to do anything else. I have a thousand worlds floating around in my head and so far the only place they can end up is as dead graveyard RPs in the Adventure Arena. It's a poor situation for both writer and reader.

I've grown increasingly weary of my parents razorblade diplomacy with each other and have just resolved to be away from the house as much as possible to avoid the fallout that lingers in the air every day. God bless them. They'll keep their relationship as venomous as possible and that is an accomplishment. At least they bought me a car three years ago that lets me have the option of simply leaving instead of trying the idealistic, would-be hero routine of trying to fix their marriage for them. That never works. Personal experience.

Plenty to do, plenty done. Just keep my head on straight and keep smelling the roses. Treasure the good and the bad since I know if I hadn't been adopted it would have been all bad. Take the high road when it's offered. Not always though. Remember my mother's advice, "Sometimes you have to insult people". Look forward to being 19 in a few days, should be an alright year. Excited about college. I went with my girlfriend to get her books and I was picking up everything in sight like a kid in a candy shop. It was awesome. Keep treasuring my relationships with my girlfriend and friends. I'm gloomy sometimes but even gloomy people can be funny.

And, as always, [b]momento mori[/b].[/color]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"] This is as eciting as life gets for me. I am not a very interesting person whatsoever.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]What did you say DB? I wasn't very interested.

My life is like a box of cracker jacks. Tasty but you can get nuts in your mouth. [spoiler]I know, didn't sound right to say![/spoiler]XD

I go around listening to music, playing music, playing video games, talking to myself because I'm lonely (very lonely... [spoiler]someone please hold me[/spoiler]), going on the OtakuBoards to [strike]annoy[/strike] talk to people, and writing. I find myself boring, don't know about you guys though.

Well, my brithday is the 18th. So I'm looking forword to my new DS. I'm listening to my music as I write this. [B]Reminissions [/B]by [B]Avenged Sevenfold[/B]... now it's [B]Down with the Sickness [/B]by [B]Disturbed[/B]. Yay for MP3s I guess, I spend my whole day around the house so music is my best friend, as I said before, I'm lonely. I did get Hot Fuzz the other day, and I just plain old love that movie.

I'm making a Star Ocean RPG and it's going good so far. It's just that my paint program doesn't support jpg images and I'm going to kill this machine. Yay me... :animesmil[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][spoiler]I know, didn't sound right to say![/spoiler']XD[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial][spoiler]Then why'd ya say it?[/spoiler] :therock:

About the intimidated part, Lick .... don't be. Sure, we bite, and sometimes pretty hard, but I'm certain you can hold your own. Nobody'll chew you out unless you royally screw up, and you seem to be self-conscious enough to not do that.

Odd question, though. I'm fine with my life right now. I don't think it'd make a great movie ? but then again, Napoleon Dynamite didn't fare too badly, and it was boring as all get-out, to me. Working third-shift Wal-Mart remodel has been interesting, to say it nicely. I spend a lot of time in my head, though.

I found [I]FE: Sacred Stones[/I] recently, which I've been geeking over, and I also spotted [I]Tales of Phantasia[/I] hiding back behind some of the newer DS games on the store shelf. (I recently got my own SP, charcoal-colored and perfectly functional, out of a trash can in our local thrift store, with Pokémon Crystal plugged into it. Talk about convenient.) The FE series lends itself [U]so[/U] [U]well[/U] to novelization; I'm thinking about doing some game-based sketches for practice while I develop my universe further. Getting all supports is going to be one heck of a ride.

School starts in about three weeks. Yippee-yippee-[I]yee[/I]-haw.[/FONT]

[COLOR="SlateGray"]My life's as exciting as ham-and-cheese between two pieces of white bread. Simple, nothing fancy, but a rock-solid in general.

I just got hi-speed internet two days ago. I've literally been waiting for my entire life to get a decent internet connection, and... let's just say I've been using to its fullest potential.

I've recently happened upon a new sort of sliced turkey, too. Mexican Dried Turkey, or something like that... it tastes quite a bit better than regular turkey and has a far better texture. It's given me a lot of new combo opportunities; it goes great with ham, salami, and bacon, although really very little doesn't. 'Tis expensive, though, so I'll have to ration it :(

[/COLOR]

Guest plaitbakinslomo
How interesting is my life?? Well I spose that would depend on what I'm comparing it to! lol...Although I try to enjoy it and make the most of it ^^

At the moment I go to uni and study fine art (as in drawing/painting/sculpture etc...) And I REALLY enjoy it! ^^ i go out weeknights and weekends with friends and we do..... >_> all sorts of stuff ^^; lol... There's always something happening in my life, it's pretty busy i guess...

I used to take LA Salsa dance classes with a bunch of friends, but the classes stopped, so we haven't done it in a while...although it was always a lot of fun! Now if I want to dance there's always street dancing on friday nights, so that's pretty fun too! and there's a restaurant, bar, city, beach all there aswell so it's a pretty good location...when we get tired of dancing we can always hit the clubs, have a few drinks, see a movie, go swimming or whatever we feel like! Although nights like that usually turn into the early hours of the morning =P

Anyways, enough about me....