OtakuBoards

Which consoles do you own? And which do you want to buy next?

Vigilance

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]All I have is a gamecube and a ps2. We also have a computer, but technically that belongs to my mom. I do play games on it though, like Diablo II Lord of Destruction.

The only console I'd really like to get is a DS Lite. :catgirl: The Wii, PS3 and other consoles are not only too expensive, but don't really have many games I want to play anyway, but the DS Lite? I'd pick up all the Zelda games for it, including the newest one that just got released. And I'd finally get my own copy of Animal Crossing instead of shamelessly pestering Beth to let me use hers. Heh. [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Verdana"]Right now I own an oringinal [B]Xbox [/B]and a [B]Gameboy SP[/B]. I got my [B]Xbox[/B] as a Christmas gift in 2003, and loved it ever since. I bought my [B]SP[/B] with my own allowance, which I don't get anymore. I really want a [B]360[/B] now, but I'm a little short on cash and I don't think my parents could afford it right now. A lot of stuff came up that I don't feel like getting into. I'm kind of disappointed with myself that I never got a job during high school. Now college is coming up, and I don't know if I want that kind of distraction, but I think I could get through college with one.

Right now I have my sister's [B]Wii[/B] for the weekend. She moved out a month ago, and it was one of the first things she got for her place. Right now all the games she has it [B]Wii Sports[/B] and [B]Wii Play[/B]. It doesn't seem worth it right now to get a game from Block Buster or something for only two days. I would try to get demos from online, but I don't have wifi. I've found a usb cord that could go from my cable internet to the Wii, but apparently I need some lan adapter thing. Right now, my impression of the Wii is "ok". I like it a lot, but I'm not in any rush to buy it. Well now I guess I have a way I won't miss out on [B]Galaxy[/B] and [B]Smash Bros[/B].[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CptNien
NES
SNES
Genesis
N64
Dreamcast
PS1
PS2
Xbox
Gamecube
DSLite

The main ones that I have hooked up are the Xbox,Cube and the Dreamcast, the rest are stored in my closet. I've also been spending a fair amount of time on the DS lately, Kirbys Canvas Curse is crazy addictive once you start. As far as other Consoles go I'm waiting to see if the Wii gains any new must-have titles before I put in an investment. The 360 is probably what I would buy first though, GOW and Live functionality just looks sweeeet:animeswea

[size=1]Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Nintendo Gamecube [sensing a trend?]
Nintendo DS [The original; Lite is for wussies]
Nintendo Wii [AHAHAHAHA]
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP
Playstation [SOMETHING NOT NINTENDO OMGZ]
Playstation 2 [Who DOESN'T have one of these?]
PSP [Yeah, I know. I only use it for music, though I do have a couple games for it]

The ones still hooked up are my PS2 and Wii -- I'm probably gonna give my Gamecube away as a birthday present. I need to figure out how to re-hook-up my old N64...as that's probably my favorite system ever.

As for which consoles I want next, I'm flip-flopping between a DS Lite and an Xbox 360. Now I might sound hypocritial with my comments about Lite being for wussies, but...the only reason I want one is because one of the clasps on the flip-top screen broke. It still plays, but it's rather pesky with having half of it wanting to fall off.

And for the 360, I want it for one game and one game only...Eternal Sonata. The game looks amazing. And beautiful. Though incidentally, I want it for the Katamari game on there...Beautiful [strike]Damacy[/strike] Katamari.[/size]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]I have just about every system under the sun.

SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Neo Geo (I take pride in having it.), Playstation, Xbox, N64, Gamecube, Nintendo DS Lite, PSP (One of my favorites), GBA, NES, Playstation 3.

I used to have a 360 but I straight-up traded it to my brother for his PS3. Because I work at GameStop it's just more cost effective to buy a used 360 and a used hard drive after the holiday season anyway and besides; Uncharted: Drakes Fortune.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Between my brother and I.

All in working order.
- Intellivision
- [b]2[/b] Sega Genesis plus 32x
- Nintendo
- [b]2[/b] Nintendo 64s
- DreamCast
- Gameboy (the brick; bought this while in Japan for a measly 500 Yen)
- Gameboy Pocket
- GameBoy Color
- Gameboy Advance
-[b]2[/b] Gameboy DS Lites
- GameCube

Just recently bought my brother a white DS and a game, as an late birthday present. Mine I bought exactly a year ago, poor thing is a year old already. Wii is my next goal. I can afford it, but dropping that much money all at once always makes me cringe.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]I currently own a Playstation 2, Playstation Portable, and a broken xbox...>.>; Yeah, I know, it's not much, but I'm not much of a console gamer anyway's. But hopefully that'll change sometime within a year or so when I'm able to conjure up some money to buy myself a Xbox 360.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1][B]Owns-ville:[/B]

[B]Sega Mega Drive II[/B] - Probably one of my all-time favourites right there. It's amazing it's still alive after about 15 years of my (Almost constantly) playing [B]Sonic 3[/B]! Such a Legendary game!

[B]Mega CD[/B] - I had such fun playing the [B]MCD[/B]'s version of [B]Spidey Vs. The Kingpin[/B] and the original [B]Lethal Enforcers[/B]. That's probably one of THE best shooters I've played!

[B]Dreamcast[/B] - Yet another under-appreciated gem from good ole' [B]Sega[/B]. I remember having hours of fun trying to win all the capsule toys on the original [B]Shenmue[/B] and battling through hordes of zombies with [B]Code: Veronica[/B].

[B]Playstation (Yeah, the ugly hulky grey one!)[/B] - So many games of merit to point out with this baby. Sony just stepped in and took over the Gaming industry like nobody's business!

[B]Playstation 2 (Still on my first one and it's lasted near enough 5 years now)[/B] - Again, Sony just totally ripped through the competition. Both [b]Metal Gear[/B] sequels, completed the [B]Legacy of Kain[/B] series (still annoyed that [B]Defiance[/B] was the last one) and many others.

[B]PSP[/B] - Bought this to play [B]Liberty City Stories[/B] (and then they went ahead and released it on [B]PS2[/B] anyway) so haven't really played it much after I realised that [B]Metal Gear Acid[/B] was absolute wÁnk. ¬_¬

[B]Gameboy Colour (Note English spelling)[/B] - The purple little beauty I bought solely for [B]Pokémon Yellow[/B] (and later [B]Silver[/B] and [B]Crystal[/B]). Nothing else to say.

[B]Gameboy Advance[/B] - Once again, bought solely for [B]Pokémon Ruby[/B] because them games are just damn addictive!

[B]Gamecube[/B] - Bought this when I found out that the [B]Resident Evil[/B] series was supposed to become [B]Nintendo[/B] exclusive. What a rip-off that was. Although [B]Resi Remake[/B] was absolutely awesome, as was [B]Zero[/B]. I also use this for [B]Sonic Mega Collection[/B] (So I don't have to set-up the [B]Mega Drive[/B] everytime I want to play [B]Sonic 3[/B]) and the amazing remake that is [B]Twin Snakes[/B].

[B]DS Lite[/B] - Yet again, bought for [B]Diamond[/B]. I must admit there's a few titles for this I wanna pick up, but I just can't be bothered.

[B]Xbox 360[/B] - Bought this on a whim for the [B]Spider-Man 3[/B] game and to borrow Dead Rising from my friend. I did buy [B]Blue Dragon[/B] but totally forgot about it and recently used it for [B]Naruto: Rise of a Ninja[/B].

That's it I think.

I'm not in anyway inclined to get a [B]Wii[/B] ever because of how there's only stupid, crappy mini-games available and an alienating controller for the lazy gamer of old. I shall most certainly be purchasing a [B]PS3[/B] when [B]MGS4[/B] comes out, no question.[/size]

• 3 months later...
So far all I have is a PS2 since my old gamecube lost the ability to read the disks....anyways, as for the next gen systems that I'd like to have, it's probably going to be the PS2, Will, and Nintendo DS. I would say XBOX 360, but not until Tales of Vesparia is confirmed to be on that system. XD