OtakuBoards

I need help.

Vigilance

i can't decide what anime series to watch or to buy in the DVD video. i heard that Tokko was good. they said that Tokko is very volence and that fans of Gantz should watch it if you like bloody anime series. i also heard that Noein was good too. they said that it was this girl name Haruka who was this dragon torque possessor that she has the ability to change the future while Haruka had a protector. so does anyone have any idea for me?

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Personally I do not like Excel Saga very much.

Some series that I recommend and that I am currently watching is:

Dominion Tank - A scifi series that came out in the 80's. The setting for this series is sometime in the future where some poisoness bacteria is in the atmosphere that can kill people if they breathe it in too much without a mask. In this time, there are several gangs running around causing havoc. There is the tank police who take care of these rascals with their hi-tech tanks. Funny and catchy music.

Jubei-chan- A series 300 year old legacy of a girl who is suppose to keep a tradition of a specific samurai style. Only saw the first episode but it is very good.

GTO and SuperGALS are also good shows too.[/COLOR]

Well, Excel Saga is kind of...wacky is the best word I can describe it with. Of course, its more or less a spoof of a lot of other anime genres. I'd suggest looking it up on wikipedia, since I have trouble describing it.

Also, I have to agree with Japan_86 that GTO is a really good series. I only read the mangas, but I hear the anime is good too.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]He talked about [B]Gantz[/B] and violence, and your bringing up[B] Excel Saga[/B]? Come on now...

[B]Berserk[/B]. The most violent show ever. fantasy settng, wonderful dark storytelling, great characters (hehehe), and more blood than you can ever ask for.

[B]Elfen Lied[/B]. A lot of people don't like the combination heartwarming and disturbingly brutal cmbination because it toys with your emotions and exists mostly for the purpose of being extremely brutal, but it's still pretty fun to watch. Expecially because it's amazingly brutal, lol. The first 5 minutes are one of the b iggest slaughters ever.
[/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]If you want violence done with style I'd recommend [b]Noir[/b]. Basically, it's about two female assassins trying to figure out their pasts and unraveling the story behind an organization that's been manipulating them. The storytelling is really great, showing you a bit more and a bit more of what's going on. And of course there's lots of shooting and stabbing as they kill pretty much everyone who gets in their way.[/color]

[quote name='Blitz_Kid']OK what genre I am looking for is something like a good Sci-fi anime series. Maybe something that has comedy and has some romance in it too.[/QUOTE]

[B]Outlaw Star[/B]
About a outlaw named Gene Starwind and his ship the Outlaw Star. It shows him trying to make a living as an outlaw and figuring out why the outlaw star was made along with a great treasure.

[B]Cowboy Bebop[/B]
It's a classic...if you haven't seen this than watch it now. It's about a fella who is a bounty hunter wit ha back story that doesn't suck? Not sold yet? Well he has a whole crew of awesome people. Ed the androgynous young hacker. Fay the outlaw with a past(that is pretty funny actually). And Spike the main character and uber 133T bounty hunter.

[B]Legend of Black Heaven[/B]
Well this series is more comedy than sci fi. Also the story gets jumbled in a few places. but the characters and odd artwork make up for it. Plus it has amazing music.

[B].Hack///Sign[/B]
I am a .Hack fanboy....and this is my second favorite series .Hack wise(after twilight). More serious than twilight but less action packed. It's about a young boy/girl who is trapped in a mmorpg called the world. It shows him and his friends journey through the mystery of the twilight. This anime has possibly the best music in any anime period.

Don't bother with Tokko. It's nothing special - series like Blood+ and Elfen Lied have covered similar material with a lot more style / substance / general goodness.

Noein is very much worth watching, though. It's all about quantum physics, parallel universes, alternate timelines, that sort of thing. Awesome character and mecha designs. And I'm reliably informed that there's no fake science in there - obviously they simplify the quantum mechanics, but nothing they explain is actually [i]wrong[/i].

Well, if you're going for blood/violence...I'd definitely have to say watch Hellsing.

It's about a vampire who works for an organization that kills vampires...yeah. Very Bloody, very tough language. I think its the best vampire anime...I personally like it a lot more than Blood+ and Trinity Blood.

Tokko and Noein are currently showing on Sci-Fi Network Ani-Mondays. I've watchd the past few weeks worth of shows an they aren't bad. The characters in Tokko seem to be a little more interesting to me, so I feel that's the better of the two so far.

Laz Long

Wow .Hack//Signs sound like it is a awesome anime show. Well, yesterday I was watching this movie my friend show and it is called "AppleSeed". Is AppleSeed considered a anime? If you don't know AppleSeed, I'll try to explained it as best as I can. AppleSeed is about this one women waging war against the world or just going to fight what she believe. The women name is Dunin Newd. In the beginning she was attack by an unknown force and her squad was wiped out. After a while, some squad in a Mech suit came out of a helicopter and they saved Dunin from being capture, I guess. After a while in the city she was attack by some crazy cyborg. What I'm trying to say is that Dunin saves the city from being wipe by a virus that kills bioroids. The character model is like a anime character, but is this movie considered a anime?

[quote name='Blitz_Kid']i can't decide what anime series to watch or to buy in the DVD video. i heard that Tokko was good. they said that Tokko is very volence and that fans of Gantz should watch it if you like bloody anime series. i also heard that Noein was good too. they said that it was this girl name Haruka who was this dragon torque possessor that she has the ability to change the future while Haruka had a protector. so does anyone have any idea for me?[/QUOTE]Yeah i can help and in my opinion Tokko is the better choice fast action and the story is pretty intense and so are the demon battles.:animesmil