OtakuBoards

Questions about RPGs on OB

Redemption

[size=1]Hiya all. Haven't been around for a while so I don't know how the situation in the Arena is going.

So how is the quality of the RPGs being posted? Does it stack up to what you knew of the past RPGs posted in OB?

What do RPers want these days? What elements of an RP do you look at before signing up?

I'm thinking of coming back summer break for me. Don't know what kind of RP I might make, but we'll see.

And this question is out of pure curiosity.

When you look at signing up to an RPG, does it matter who posted it?

Thanks for reading my rambling.
- B[/size]

[SIZE="1"]Heya Redemption, good to see you're back.

Things are pretty much like they were before, activity has dropped off a bit since the summer is over, but there's always a few things going on.

Generally the only thing I look for in an RPG is the potential for fun, after that I'm pretty much open, though I do admit a penchant to certain genres and series. Also, no, it doesn't bother me who posted it.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Redemption'][size=1]Hiya all. Haven't been around for a while so I don't know how the situation in the Arena is going.[/size][/quote]

Welcome back! The Adventure Arena is doing quite alright, thanks for asking. ;D

[QUOTE]So how is the quality of the RPGs being posted? Does it stack up to what you knew of the past RPGs posted in OB?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion the quality of OB RPGs have been on their status quo for quite many years now. There are occasional peaks in the quality, of course, but you just have to have a bit of luck to find those oftentimes hidden gems (like SunfalllE's [I]Silver One[/I]).

[QUOTE]What do RPers want these days? What elements of an RP do you look at before signing up?[/QUOTE]

In general, people seem to be more open to new ideas than before, but of course one must be careful not to overdo it with innovativeness. Naruto and other anime-themed games attract the younger memberbase, while sci-fi and a certain level of maturity (for example involving crime and gangs) draw in the older members.

As for myself, I like trying different things and playing different roles, so basically anything out-of-the-ordinary will get my attention. The background story is highly important - the more elaborate the better - and a certain amount of epicness really appeals to me.

[QUOTE]When you look at signing up to an RPG, does it matter who posted it?[/QUOTE]

It does, actually, but not in the way you might think. I don't categorize RPGs based on whether they're created by old members or new members, but whether I know if the creator is a good roleplayer or not. I can usually see that by glancing at the recruitment thread (coherent spelling, intriguing story etc. are topmost clues), but I've been here long enough to know whose RPGs are a joyride, and who just lose their interest in their own games after a while.

The most important thing to remember here is that no matter how great the preset of an RPG game is, no matter how reknown members join it and no matter how big the hubbub created before the game is, it will [I]not[/I] succeed unless the creator him/herself is dedicated to taking it to the end.

[size=1][quote]So how is the quality of the RPGs being posted? Does it stack up to what you knew of the past RPGs posted in OB?[/quote]I'd say quality is at an all-time high for OB RPGs, although activity seems to be at an all-time low. There aren't a lot of active RPGs on the boards at the moment, but that can probably be attributed to back-to-school and other factors. Ironically I'm finding myself more active in the forum than I ever have before. Hm.[quote]What do RPers want these days? What elements of an RP do you look at before signing up?[/quote]Personally I find myself looking for something new or original. I want to write for characters I never have before, while I also want to experiment with new genres or writing styles that have never been done before.

It seems bizarre to me that we've only recently gotten a surge of high quality sci-fi RPGs. Outside of Star Wars and Mega Man, this is a genre that hasn't been seen much on OB. Successful RPGs here tend to involve crime, fantasy or anime, so it's pretty exciting to me when something like Silver One can be so successful.

This gives me hope that other types of stories (romance, perhaps?) could be done in the forum and be [i]done well[/i]. All it takes is a strong writer and an even stronger imagination.
[quote]When you look at signing up to an RPG, does it matter who posted it?[/quote]Oh definitely. I can expect a certain level of quality from certain members, and having someone I trust in charge of an RPG helps to guarantee that it won't fizzle out and die. There are always exceptions to the rule, of course, but I'm probably not going to sign-up for your RPG if it's your first post.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Redemption;792009][size=1]So how is the quality of the RPGs being posted? Does it stack up to what you knew of the past RPGs posted in OB?[/size][/QUOTE]I haven't been rpging all that long, but I'd say it sort of comes and goes. Ever since I started really getting into them in this year I've noticed that there's always something going on just as there's always something dying. I can't comment on the past since I really wasn't into rpg's enough to know.[quote name='Redemption;792009][size=1']What do RPers want these days? What elements of an RP do you look at before signing up?[/size][/quote]I guess that's just up to personal preference. Things like Naruto or Inuyasha don't interest me at all, where Sci-Fi and more unique ideas do. So I only look to see if it's something that looks like fun to do.[QUOTE=Redemption'][size=1]
When you look at signing up to an RPG, does it matter who posted it?[/size][/QUOTE]Yes and no. But only in the context of what kind of rpger they are. If it's someone I've seen start a lot of sign up threads and yet doesn't ever get around to posting in the arena, then I ignore them since I want to sign up for something that's actually going to happen. I'll use Sandy as an example, I always look at stuff he puts up because he always follows through so I know it's going to be fun. :catgirl:

So in the end, it isn't the person who matters, but rather will they follow through, is the story interesting, etc. Things like that are what I look at instead of the name. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]It's nice to know that everyone has replied to the thread with their honest opinions.

It's also interesting to see people's opinions. Personally, I did believe that people looked at who posted the RPG, but I didn't realise the reasons why they did this. Curious.

Another question thrown into the fray.

As an RPG writer, do you write for your audience (prospective RPers), or do you write a story that you want to personally want to roleplay and hope others find it interesting?

And, have you ever given thought to what consequences (both positive and negative) your RPs have on your audiences' lives?

For instance, someone makes a character very close to their heart (is very close to their real life self) and they watch how their character interacts with others.

I'm not sure if I worded that so you guys can understand what I mean, but I did my best.

You guys are giving me an important insight to my audience. ;)[/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Redemption;792009][size=1]So how is the quality of the RPGs being posted? Does it stack up to what you knew of the past RPGs posted in OB?[/size][/QUOTE]I have to agree with the others, there is always something good running, or at least that is what I have noticed since I became more active in RPG's. I can't answer about the past though since I wasn't involved then, at least not enough to really say one way or the other.[quote name='Redemption;792009][size=1]What do RPers want these days? What elements of an RP do you look at before signing up?[/size][/QUOTE]I think the others said it well, it really depends on the person. There are plenty of RPG's out there that don't interest me at all. Because they aren't the type of story I feel inspired to play a character as. Like Aaryanna mentioned, I'd never join a Naruto RPG since I don't like the show enough.[QUOTE=Redemption'][size=1']When you look at signing up to an RPG, does it matter who posted it?[/size][/quote]Once again the others nailed this pretty good. Who made it doesn't really matter, what does is consistency and commitment. I've seen far to many enjoyable RPG's, ones that I never joined but enjoyed reading, simply die due to either lack of participation by the people who joined or the person who created it.

I look more for what I would enjoy playing in as well as whether or not the host or those who joined will be a part of it. I'm not so interested in perfect storytelling or even a story that is perfect. I want to have fun so I really look for things like that. Their name or how long they have been here is really meaningless in my opinion. [quote name='Redemption'][size=1]As an RPG writer, do you write for your audience (prospective RPers), or do you write a story that you want to personally want to roleplay and hope others find it interesting?[/size][/QUOTE]I've only done one RPG and I'm starting on the next installment of that RPG. But going from what I learned while doing it, it was a story I did because it interested me and it turned out that it was interesting to others. I didn't go into it with the mindset of making it interesting to others since the first story was independent of any RPGing aspects.

However, once it did move into an RPG, I learned real quick that it was necessary to allow a lot of leeway for things to change since it was no longer just my story anymore. There were a lot of things that I did not plan on that ended up in the story and in the end that has made it very enjoyable since seeing the creativity of the others really brought it to life. [quote name='Redemption;792073][size=1]And, have you ever given thought to what consequences (both positive and negative) your RPs have on your audiences' lives? [/size][/QUOTE]Yes and no. Yes in that I wondered how people would react to certain changes, but no in that on some level I had a certain goal that was required to stay true to the overall story. If that makes sense. The biggest thing I worried about was making sure people weren't frustrated by anything I did. As a host it was my job to make sure things were going as smoothly as possible. And that included making sure I had things planned out in advance. Well as much as you can plan that is.[QUOTE=Redemption'][size=1]For instance, someone makes a character very close to their heart (is very close to their real life self) and they watch how their character interacts with others.

I'm not sure if I worded that so you guys can understand what I mean, but I did my best.

You guys are giving me an important insight to my audience. ;)[/size][/QUOTE]I'm not sure if I fully grasp what you are getting at, but I RPG for fun really, and don't create characters who are close to my real self. I do love my characters and the story, but at the same time I try to not make them too real since I want to enjoy playing something different than who I really am.

I do know that it's hard to try and make sure people are happy with how things go, but at the same time... It's still unavoidable that you can't make everyone happy. Though I would hope that if anyone ever felt like I was not being true to their character they would say something. It's a thing that ties into the negative and positive aspect, you want people to have a positive one so you hope that they would step forward instead of being frustrated and saying nothing or simply quitting.

Anyway XP I hope that answers your questions a little. :catgirl: I really appreciate the kind comment from both Sandy and Shy in regards to Silver One, but the truth is, without the dedication and creativity of those who are in it, it wouldn't be successful. ^_~ So it really is a team effort between the creator and the players.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Redemption;792009][size=1]So how is the quality of the RPGs being posted? Does it stack up to what you knew of the past RPGs posted in OB?[/size][/QUOTE]Seems like there is plenty of good RPG's running. The activity is a bit low since summer is over, but there are still good ones running. As for the past... I've only been here since December of last year so I couldn't say.[quote name='Redemption;792009][size=1]What do RPers want these days? What elements of an RP do you look at before signing up?I[/size][/QUOTE]I couldn't say really, since what I like is different than what others like. I'm into Sci-Fi and stuff that's more of a different theme than some of the Naurto stuff I've seen pop up. So the only thing I look at is whether or not the person isn't the type to abandon their RPG and if it looks like a type of story I would enjoy doing.[QUOTE=Redemption;792009][size=1']When you look at signing up to an RPG, does it matter who posted it?[/size][/quote]Only if the person has a history of not following through, or if the other players have a habit of signing up and then not doing anything. Beyond that, if it's a story I like, is decently done and I have time... I'll sign up. I don't care who it is really. Though I will admit that if it's someone like Sandy, then that does make a difference, because like I just mentioned, I've seen how he doesn't drop the ball and follows through. It's more fun to sign up when you know the host won't lost interest during the middle of the RPG. [QUOTE=Redemption'][size=1]As an RPG writer, do you write for your audience (prospective RPers), or do you write a story that you want to personally want to roleplay and hope others find it interesting?

And, have you ever given thought to what consequences (both positive and negative) your RPs have on your audiences' lives?

For instance, someone makes a character very close to their heart (is very close to their real life self) and they watch how their character interacts with others.[/size][/QUOTE]I can't really answer this since I've only run one RPG and it was based off of someone else's. It was successful in that it seems to have helped to inspire further installments of the same type of RPG, but I've yet to truly create my own RPG. So in the end I can't really answer this last bit.

[FONT=Arial]Hey. Nice to almost-meet ya. :p
[quote name='Redemption][SIZE="1"']So how is the quality of the RPGs being posted? Does it stack up to what you knew of the past RPGs posted in OB?[/SIZE][/quote]
That depends.

See, I don't really look at these things as RP[B]G[/B]s, [I]per sé[/I]. Survivor was a game, and so was the Death Card series (on #4 now), but for the most part I see more story than game, and so I refer to them only as Role-Plays.

I wonder sometimes how we get off calling our stuff the 'higher quality', when most times a simple game, with quick-fire objectives and easy-to-follow storylines, are what the 'new kids' really want. I mean, not everybody on the site is as gung-ho as some of us are about crafting works of art, and not everybody knows how to go about that crafting even if they [I]did[/I] want to.

In that respect, I wouldn't attribute the differences between our work and theirs to [U]quality[/U] so much as I would us being in a different echelon altogether. Not necessarily better, just different.

But to get back to your question, I have noticed a story-quality spike recently. If you look just at the first page of the Arena Square, eight of the current top eleven are great stories, so that alone tells you something. I can't say much for the other side, what since I don't usually go for that sector and since I haven't exactly seen many get off the ground lately.

[QUOTE][I][SIZE="1"]What do RPers want these days? What elements of an RP do you look at before signing up?[/SIZE][/I][/QUOTE]
To the former I can say nothing. However, I will note that the tendency in those created is to be somewhere in the sci-fi or fantasy genre. I think [COLOR="DarkRed"]Raiha[/COLOR] tossed out a kind of fantasy satire-ish thingummy, and I'm not quite sure how to classify Shinigami Dance....

I look for direction and the possibility for depth. If I can see a good opening for a history with the story then I'll see if a character occurs to me, and I tend to shy slightly away from those "image required" RPs. It actually takes me significantly longer to pry a personality from a photo than it does to create both a mind and a body from scratch, and usually what I see is either hard to find or wearing very little clothing. (You have no idea how many mostly-naked Latinas I had to sift through for my character in This Is Earth?and that was [I]with[/I] Google's SafeSearch on. deviantArt was a whole 'nother can 'O' worms. :animeangr)

Usually, if I can't see anything by about thirty seconds after reading the first post I'll stay clear; I don't have any business where I have no muse, and the other players won't miss me.

[QUOTE][I][SIZE="1"]When you look at signing up to an RPG, does it matter who posted it?[/SIZE][/I][/QUOTE]
It does in the end, though I'd rather that not be true. Although I read pretty much everything non-anime/manga related in the Inn, it usually turns out that the ones I get interested in are by the same group of people.

[QUOTE][I][SIZE="1"]As an RPG writer, do you write for your audience (prospective RPers), or do you write a story that you want to personally want to roleplay and hope others find it interesting?[/SIZE][/I][/QUOTE]
I'll answer this one in the future tense.

If I ever decide to attempt running my own, I'll tailor the quality and detail to appeal to the strong writers, but the plot and genre will be what they will be. After all, Originality has just as much draw as does the twisted Familiar. Naturally, if I don't find the story appealing to me, I'll scrap it. No sense running something I don't even like.

[QUOTE][I][SIZE="1"]And, have you ever given thought to what consequences (both positive and negative) your RPs have on your audiences' lives?[/SIZE][/I][/QUOTE]
Well, not RPs. (I don't have any yet. :p) Still, if I can help someone else nurture their own writing talent by watching me, then I feel a small sense of victory.

Later

-A[/FONT]

[quote name='Redemption'][size=1]Hiya all. Haven't been around for a while so I don't know how the situation in the Arena is going.

So how is the quality of the RPGs being posted? Does it stack up to what you knew of the past RPGs posted in OB?

What do RPers want these days? What elements of an RP do you look at before signing up?

I'm thinking of coming back summer break for me. Don't know what kind of RP I might make, but we'll see.

And this question is out of pure curiosity.

When you look at signing up to an RPG, does it matter who posted it?

Thanks for reading my rambling.
- B[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Welcome back dearest ;), glad you have the time to post again. Missed ya on OB quite a bit.

I'll start off by saying that the quality has pretty much reached a new standard, the arena regulars change from time to time and with the variety of people who participate comes multiple styles of RPs versatile in nature in terms of genre representation and innovation.

I'd say some of the latest successes and "fads" if you will would be good examples of this, such as [b]The Death Card Series[/b] as it has come to be called, which incorporates the idea of mutual control over a cast of characters with many elements of the unknown and much freedom to create the very world that serves as the RP's setting. As it's been mentioned already there has been an uprising so to speak of the sci-fi genre in the forms of [b]Project Starship[/b] and [b]Silver One: Civil War[/b] to name a couple. Both traditional style RP writing with usage of guideline PMs to bring together a story with seperate yet cohesive objectives to accomplish through any means you can imagine.

Stricter traditional style of RPs are still going strong, any style with the right combination of people can really bring out the potential of an RP, so i'd say the quality and variety of RPs are doing rather well. While I admit to having attachments to some past RPs as well as some now less-active (or MIA) RPers I considered to "comrades" in the arena, if you will, I have yet to lose interest completely in projects posted up.

In terms of elements of an RP, the most important have not really changed. The concept has to be interesting enough to lure the RPer in, then the sign up sheet has to allow a good equilibrium of freedom and restrictions (i.e to avoid god modding and characters that would not fit in with the story's atmosphere), and there has to be enough to the story itself to combine ample opportunities for interaction, progress, conflict, and anticipation.

Innovation finds its way into RPs easier these days it seems, as I mentioned with the outside communicatin form and the elements of unknown and mystery that enhance the motivation to keep interest. Ratings seem to be less prominent in choice making then they used to be as well. If it happens to be an RP based off of an already existing concept, such as a spin off of an anime or game, it very much helps if it's an exceptional representation of that particular source. For instance, I would typically stay away from a Naruto or Star Wars RP unless the concept and story have an original and stimulating feel to it.

As for if the creator of the RP matters, only in the way that it's safe to expect good ideas from someone based on their track record or initial promise of the sign up thread. Many reliable RPers and oldies have created duds, many newer members have created hits, and of course the vice-versa happens. The most important features for a sucessful RP are the participant's willingness in addition to the ability for the creator to maintain interest long enough for not only the RPers but himself as well.

Pertaining to the effect certain characters have outside of OB, it's no secret that I've used characters I have created for RPs in stories of my own, as well as even created an RP based on a story I have been writing. Because writing is so important to me, to receive new ideas everytime I participate in an RP whether it be character ideas or inspiration toward another aspect, needless to say makes an impact on my life by impacting one of my most treasured hobbies. I also wish to instill these kinds of feelings when I take what to create RP wise into consideration, as well as stories I hope to post in the Anthology someday.

Anyway, if the RP you're talking about is the one we've talked about before when you kept saying you wanted to wait for a good time to put it up, you know you can cout on my participation already. Something of similar concept has yet to be done really since the last time we've talked about it. Even if it isn't the same one, I trust you'll come up with something interesting :).

[/FONT]

[size=1]Thanks all for the opinions.

It seems that playing/making RPs is, in essence, very similar to game design, with the same conflicting points.

Since I've started to study it this semester, the similarities are quite surprising. The comments all of you have made, are exactly what is taught to us in GD.

But now I have a different perspective on building RPs and games because of this. Curious, quite curious.

If anyone has any other comments, please add them. I'll be watching the thread for a while yet.

- B[/size]

• 3 weeks later...
[color=#606060]I don't have much to add to this thread, except to say that I'm often on the look out for new RPGs.

I love Sci-Fi RPGs and they are definitely rarer than one might think, although unfortunately I missed out on Silver One and Project Starship.

My new RPG is pretty much ready to go, but I haven't really had the chance to sit down and post everything - I'm still a bit unsure about one aspect of it. In any case, there's plenty of good stuff out there right now; I just have a bad habit of missing the boat![/color]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Redemption;792009][size=1]So how is the quality of the RPGs being posted? Does it stack up to what you knew of the past RPGs posted in OB?[/size][/QUOTE]A combination of both, some are obviously better than the first one's I joined when I attempted a few rpg's a while ago and some are even worse than the ones I tried so long ago. I'm only talking about just under two years ago though. I wasn't around before that. Over all, I'd say that at any given time there is always some good ones running. [quote name='Redemption;792009][size=1]What do RPers want these days? What elements of an RP do you look at before signing up?[/size][/QUOTE]In addition to a good back story or rather some fun, I think people also look for whether or not it's something that interests them. I look for at least some sort of background along with an indication that there is going to be some level of creativity going on. Instead of a total rip on an existing story. [QUOTE=Redemption;792009][size=1]When you look at signing up to an RPG, does it matter who posted it?[/size][/QUOTE]Yes. Because if it's someone who has a tendency to start rpg's and abandon them shortly after they start running or before they even begin. It's a total waste of my time to make a sign up if the creator isn't even going to follow through. I'm willing to give people a chance, but if I see that they constantly do that sort of thing, I won't even bother to look at a new one when they try to run one again.[QUOTE=Redemption;792073][size=1']As an RPG writer, do you write for your audience (prospective RPers), or do you write a story that you want to personally want to roleplay and hope others find it interesting?[/size][/quote]Well I'm not really a solo RPG writer, but I have been working with SunfallE on Silver One from the very beginning and I always tried to write things that fit what she had already created and would also appeal to the others who were interested in being a part of it. And yes I personally wanted to role-play in it or else I wouldn't have offered to help her with it and to take over a pre-existing character. [QUOTE=Redemption'][size=1]And, have you ever given thought to what consequences (both positive and negative) your RPs have on your audiences' lives?

For instance, someone makes a character very close to their heart (is very close to their real life self) and they watch how their character interacts with others.[/size][/QUOTE]Yes and no, for one thing, most if not all posts where I work extensively with other characters have involved a certain amount of communication. Not for the audience but rather for the fellow rpger. As for myself, I never make a character who is close to my real self, I enjoy playing something I am not since I think it forces me to be creative, to create a persona completely different from my own. So other than to make sure I'm not stepping on a fellow players toes, I don't worry about that at all. I worry about creating a story that flows well and is fun to read for myself and the others who are a part of it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Hey B! It's been a while ^^;;

Yeah, I've been missing from OB too lately due to work loads and so forth so I can't really answer some of the questions to their full capacity. I'm thinking about making a comeback in a couple of weeks too, almost holidays ^^

[B]So how is the quality of the RPGs being posted? Does it stack up to what you knew of the past RPGs posted in OB?[/B]

I check every now and then to see how the progression is and I think it kinda works in waves. There are times where there doesn't seem to be a lot, then other times where the Arena's full of life. I think definitely some RPs do stack up to what I remember from back then but that's because everyone's growing and their skills are developing at the same time, plus there's newer members popping up.

[B]What do RPers want these days? What elements of an RP do you look at before signing up?[/B]

Personally one of the first things I pay attention to is the title. I'll usually check something out if it the title's catchy and intriguing. Then after that of course the other most important thing is the story line and background. If it's interesting and sounds well thought out then I'll usually give it a shot. Another factor I think is how well you feel your character would be able to develop during the plot.

[B]When you look at signing up to an RPG, does it matter who posted it?[/B]

Hmm, admittedly it does make a small difference to me. If it's by someone I know to be a good RPer I'll usually tend to check it out no matter what, just to see what it's about and to see if it's interesting. But I do check others mostly according to their title.

[B]As an RPG writer, do you write for your audience (prospective RPers), or do you write a story that you want to personally want to roleplay and hope others find it interesting?[/B]

Never really thought about this one but I tend to write something that I want to roleplay. Now that I actually give thought to this I feel that if you're only writing a story for others but you don't really feel much toward it then it won't work out because you need to be dedicated to the RP as the creator and that would be hard to do if you don't feel a connection to it.

[B]And, have you ever given thought to what consequences (both positive and negative) your RPs have on your audiences' lives? [/B]

To be perfectly honest, I don't think I've ever really given thought to the consequences that my RPs may have on the participants' lives.

These were good questions and made me think.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=#606060]I know I?ve already posted here, but I haven?t actually answered the question I don?t think!

[b]So how is the quality of the RPGs being posted? Does it stack up to what you knew of the past RPGs posted in OB?[/b]

In the past I think that the quality RPGs were few and far between. It was usually the same small group of members who produced the really amazing stuff.

Now, good quality RPGs are pretty common. The standards have definitely increased over time. I suppose people probably feel more pressure to make high quality RPGs these days?but still, the results are a lot better. I?ve seen so many improvements that now I often feel slightly intimidated when signing-up for an RPG; I do not want to disappoint the creator or the other participants.
[b]
What do RPers want these days? What elements of an RP do you look at before signing up?[/b]

It?s really hard to answer that specifically; for me it?s a kind of intangible thing. I guess there are certain genres I look for (especially sci-fi), but it?s pretty wide open.

Usually it?s the concept that captures my attention, as well as the opening post. If the initial layout/story is interesting to read, then that will probably hook me in. If it?s very bland and uninteresting, then I probably won?t bother.

This doesn?t mean it has to be a weird and wonderful concept; sometimes the most tried-and-true concepts work well, if the writers are good.[/color]
[quote]
I'm thinking of coming back summer break for me. Don't know what kind of RP I might make, but we'll see.[/quote]
[color=#606060]
That would be great. I keep being too late to sign-up for things and the stuff that is still open at the moment doesn?t interest me a great deal. So I?d like to see some new stuff come down the line![/color]
[quote]
When you look at signing up to an RPG, does it matter who posted it?[/quote]

[color=#606060]No it doesn?t. In fact if anything I am probably guilty of specifically looking for RPGs made by people who I?ve never RP?d with before.

But yeah, I don?t specifically look at who posted it. The title gets my attention first and then the concept/opening post seals the deal for me. :catgirl:[/color]