OtakuBoards

What in!?

Dragonmanm2

[COLOR="Blue"]Hello.
I got a new place with a new laptop right? And when I try putting in my screenname, I have forgotten my password. So, I asked Otakuboards if they email it to me, and they have not so far. I'm at my parents house now, that's why I'm on.
So, can I get my password please?

Thank you.

Dragonmanm2[/COLOR]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Have you checked your junk mail folder? I have a vBulletin forum myself and I've had users tell me they never received the activation email when in reality, it was just delivered to the junk folder instead of the inbox. If that's not the case though, I'm not sure what's causing your problem.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Petie'][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Have you checked your junk mail folder? I have a vBulletin forum myself and I've had users tell me they never received the activation email when in reality, it was just delivered to the junk folder instead of the inbox. If that's not the case though, I'm not sure what's causing your problem.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Seems Petie beat me to the punch. Either it's in your Junk Mail folder, or the infamous email problem has reoccurred.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Boo'][SIZE=1]And, though it may be silly, but have you checked if your e-mail address is the correct one in your profile? They might be sending it to a whole different address. :whoops:[/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]That shouldn't be the case. When you request a lost password, it has you enter your email address, not your username. If you enter an email address that isn't actually registered, it returns the error "You have not entered an email address that we recognise. Please try again or contact the administrator." So, if the request doesn't fail, it's sending the email to the right place (or not sending it at all if that turns out to be the problem).[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]OB is sending out e-mails fine. I just had it send me a test e-mail and it arrived promptly.

Passwords are encrypted in the database, though, so there's no way I can retrieve it for you. The only thing I'd be able to do is change your password to something else and then send you an e-mail with the new one myself.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][COLOR=#4b0082]The only thing I'd be able to do is change your password to something else and then send you an e-mail with the new one myself.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Actually, there is one other thing you can try. From the Admin CP, open up his profile. At the top, there's a Quick User Links section. Click Email Password Reminder to User in that list and it should send him an email with instructions to reset his password. This is essentially the same as a user requesting a password change themselves but doing it from the Admin CP means that you know the request went through.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Dragonmanm2, at this point, it would be best to confirm that the email address you're using is the one on record here, though according to what you said, that should still be the case. Assuming you still have access to the email address you used to register, you should get an email almost immediately after Desbreko clicks that button (though it could take up to a few hours). Just be sure to check your junk mail folder too.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]Well, yeah, but that's still an automated e-mail sent by OB itself. If the standard lost password e-mail can't get through then I doubt using the admin cp to send one will make any difference. But I guess I can give it a shot anyway.[/color]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Yeah, I know what you're saying but sometimes, the system reacts better to ones sent from the back end for some reason, at least from my experience. It's not a sure-fire or consistent thing but yeah, it's worth a shot.[/COLOR][/FONT]