Boo Posted January 5, 2008 Posted January 5, 2008 [center][size=7][font=Georgia]Graphic Worm [size=8]20[color=red]08[/color][/size][/font][/size] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=51928][b]Graphic Worm 2006[/b][/url] - [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57084][b]Graphic Worm 2007[/b][/url] [color=red][b]CLAIM +1[/b][/color] [size=1][i]For any suggestions, feedback or questions on the Graphic Worm 2008, you can go to this thread: Graphic Worm 2008 - [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58911][u][color=red]Discussion Thread[/color][/u][/url] or you can send me a PM.[/i][/size][/center] [size=1]A new year has come and thus a new episode of the annual Graphic Worm is in it's place too. Let's make it even more pretty and big as the previous ones, okay? So, this is how it works: Someone will start off the worm with a 600×450 graphic image. Others will continue that picture by juxtaposing their own art next to the previous one so that it looks like it’s one continuous piece. [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2006.html][u][color=red]Here[/color][/u][/url] is an example (the Graphic Worm 2006), because I know my explanation wasn't much better than last year's explanation. 56k users will certainly suffer on the link – that is your fair warning. Please note how each image is a continuation of the previous one – this is what we’d like to see. Take great care that the shade of colors and patterns align when set next to one another so that the worm flows. Please be sure to check it out yourself after having made your image, before posting it. This to avoid confusion in the thread and Graphic Worm. There's a link to the Graphic Worm in the left navigation bar under the OB Network, found [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm.php?][u][color=red]Here[/color][/u][/url]. [i]The Rules[/i] are also available as part of the "Graphic Worm" link under OB Network as well. To make it easier, I've quoted them below, so you don't have to check the page first. [quote=The Graphic Worm Rules][size=1][font=tahoma]If you'd like to contribute to the worm there are a few rules that need to be followed. To be accepted your submission must be: [list][*][b]Exactly 600x450 pixels in size. [*]In jpg or gif format. [*]Of adequate quality. Make sure it flows with the previous segment. [*]Posted during your turn in the posting order.[/b][/list][/font][/size][/quote] You get a turn in the Graphic Worm if you [b]claim[/b] it. [b]Claim[/b]ing goes as followed: To start off, someone posts their piece for the Graphic Worm. Then a next person reacts to it, mentioning that they [b]claim[/b] the next spot. They then have [b]24 hours[/b] ([b]1[/b] day) to complete their piece in the Graphic Worm. As of 05/16/2008 the claim system has upgraded to [b]Claim +1[/b]. This means that when a person [b]claim[/b]s a piece of the Graphic Worm and starts working on it, [b]one[/b] next person can [b]claim[/b] the next part of the Graphic Worm. [color=red]Please note that you can not [b]claim[/b] a turn before it's the person before you their turn to work on a Worm piece. If you fail to post up your piece within [b]24 hours[/b] ([b]1[/b] day) after it's your turn to make one, you will be skipped and someone else can take your place in line.[/color] And of course, there's one very important one left: [i]have fun[/i]. You don't have to be a big artist to join in. Anyone can feed the Worm if they stick to the rules! Well, that sums it up pretty much. Post in this thread to claim a spot in line, but please do so only if you're serious about contributing and will do so in a timely manner. We reserve the right to skip you if you're taking too long or produce something too low in quality. [i]Here we go![/i] [b]Worm Order[/b][list=1] [*] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2008/001.jpg][strike]James[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/ichigo.jpg][strike]Jigglyness[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4742/craankbt2.png][strike]Ninjah[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1970/parachutdw5.jpg][strike]Jeremiah[/strike][/url] [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1823/graphicwormskippedentrygr5.jpg][strike]Keyblade Wielder[/strike][/url] [skipped] [*] [url=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7825/obworm1do5.jpg][strike]Ozymandius Jones[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=graphicwormjokerfa3.jpg][strike]James[/strike][/url] [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1823/graphicwormskippedentrygr5.jpg][strike]Heaven's Cloud[/strike][/url] [skipped] [*] [url=http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1897/graphicwormboo001rr7.jpg][strike]Boo[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4421/wormgp1.jpg][strike]cancer[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/wormgp1.jpg][strike]2008DigitalBoy[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5130/rainbowzr7.jpg][strike]Jigglyness[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9705/prettymenstrikeagainna7.jpg][strike]Ozymandius Jones [/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5973/wallqm7.jpg][strike]ZeitGeist[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3485/obco2qf3.png][strike]Ninjah[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2091/gwgoodmorning004lq7.jpg][strike]Boo[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/thoughts.jpg][strike]Jigglyness [/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9563/cloudforgivenwb7.jpg][strike]KimmehWolfwood [/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26528&d=1202283403][strike]cancer[/strike][/url] [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1823/graphicwormskippedentrygr5.jpg][strike]James[/strike][/url] [skipped] [*] [url=http://www.crystal-studios.net/elleiusgw.jpg][strike]Eleius[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3528/graphicswormcopywo2.jpg][strike]8Bit[/strike][/url] [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1823/graphicwormskippedentrygr5.jpg][strike]Femme fatale[/strike][/url] [skipped] [*] [url=http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/5492/loudoubleryq0.jpg][strike]Ozymandius Jones[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7781/graphicwormlw6.jpg][strike]Simplicity[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7163/wormin5.jpg][strike]Goodbye, Face[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/163/whereareyougoingvh7.jpg][strike]KimmehWolfwood[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26555&d=1204251861][strike]cancer[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/gworm.jpg][strike]jigglyness[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3023/gworm2copyhc5.jpg][strike]8Bit[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1426/worm08011ha9.jpg][strike]Sayrin[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8715/ulquiorrapieceqc4.jpg][strike]KimmehWolfwood[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/green.jpg][strike]jigglyness[/url][/strike] [*] [url=http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3773/worm0802copytc4.jpg][strike]Sayrin[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2166/haseonz4.jpg][strike]Samedi-Mai[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9470/graphicwormboo002ahahky8.jpg][strike]Boo[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4908/fayeobwormqp7.jpg][strike]KimmehWolfwood[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6320/graphicwormsamedimai001yj5.jpg][strike]Samedi-Mai[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/everyone.jpg][strike]jigglyness[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/wurm2.jpg][strike]Sirius[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2008/037.jpg][strike]Boo[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1851/pitpbwormxm5.jpg][strike]KimmehWolfwood[/strike][/url] [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1823/graphicwormskippedentrygr5.jpg][strike]Sirius[/strike][/url] [skipped] [*] [url=http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3779/obwormlo8.jpg][strike]Hybrid Ninja[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/womgs.jpg][strike]jigglyness[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1323/worm0803copynu2.jpg][strike]Sayrin[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/CloudsOnly189/sa.jpg][strike]Riku[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3967/nelobwormax9.jpg][strike]KimmehWolfwood[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9318/obw2lu4.jpg][strike]Hybrid Ninjah[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5261/worm0804copyqv9.jpg][strike]Sayrin[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7840/vashobwormzf6.jpg][strike]KimmehWolfwood[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9319/musicgivesyouenergyea1.jpg][strike]sakazaki[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3028/ob3ls6.jpg][strike]Hybrid Ninja[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6137/worm0805copyne3.jpg][strike]Sayrin[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/attention.jpg][strike]jigglyness[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/9739/kenshinjj5.png][strike]sakazaki[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26579&d=1210634736][strike]Katana[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8623/junsuobwormeq6.jpg][strike]KimmehWolfwood[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/Untitled-1-3.jpg][strike]Lucy[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/LanHikari/boothtengworm.jpg][strike]boothten[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ironmanobwl6.jpg][strike]Hybrid Ninja[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/lelouch.jpg][strike]jigglyness[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9338/cheeseuk7.jpg][strike]8Bit[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8010/pikachuobkk8.jpg][strike]KimmehWolfwood[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/9413/birdob4si4.jpg][strike]Hybrid Ninja[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/mmgraphicworm.jpg][strike]Cat14[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/241/worm0806copyba3.jpg][strike]Sayrin[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/loveless2-1.jpg][strike]jigglyness[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4315/naturalbluesnh4.jpg][strike]Hybrid Ninja[/strike][/url] [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1823/graphicwormskippedentrygr5.jpg][strike]Goddess Katana[/strike][/url] [skipped] [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1823/graphicwormskippedentrygr5.jpg][strike]toie[/strike][/url] [skipped] [*] [url=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/theSHISHOU/banners/intothelightworm.jpg][strike]Shishou[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/tongari.jpg][strike]Lucy[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/butterfly.jpg][strike]Cat14[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/theSHISHOU/banners/graphicwormmur.jpg][strike]Shishou[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6909/soraescapefromdarknesszi0.jpg][strike]sakazaki[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3690/worm0807copykq7.jpg][strike]Sayrin[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/graphicvk343.jpg][strike]Cat14[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/071.jpg][strike]Lucy[/strike][/url] [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1823/graphicwormskippedentrygr5.jpg][strike]James[/strike][/url] [skipped] [*] [url=http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8150/demonob1fm2.jpg][strike]KimmehWolfwood[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/chaotic.jpg][strike]jigglyness[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/1683/vincentobyi7.jpg][strike]KimmehWolfwood[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/gwv3.jpg][strike]Cat[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/j_mauru/graphicworm/breaktime.jpg][strike]jomz[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/PhantazyStar/mpre%20pics/graphicwormnia1.jpg][strike]DevilTheory[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/haruhi-1.jpg][strike]jigglyness[/strike][/url] [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1823/graphicwormskippedentrygr5.jpg][strike]jomz[/strike][/url] [skipped] [*] [url=http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7638/project5600x450se6.jpg][strike]Mr Blonde[/strike][/url] [*] [url=http://i42.tinypic.com/30m62o9.jpg][strike]jigglyness[/strikE][/url] -[b][COLOR=RED]FIN[/COLOR][/B] [/list][/size]
James Posted January 5, 2008 Posted January 5, 2008 [font=franklin gothic medium]Okay, here's the first entry: [center][URL=http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sydney08wormap3.jpg][IMG]http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6950/sydney08wormap3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center] I didn't get to say happy new year to OBers on new year's day, so this is the next best thing. :catgirl:[/font]
jigglyness Posted January 6, 2008 Posted January 6, 2008 I Call Next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D edit---------------- Here's mine: [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/ichigo.jpg]brand new[/url]///////// kehehe. Sorry about the border ninjah. I got too lazy to make it easier to continue :D besides someone else needs to suffer besides me. ♥
Ninjah Posted January 7, 2008 Posted January 7, 2008 I call after Jiggly! [B]// EDIT:[/B] D:! I had a brain poop after 2 minutes of working on this. Thanks for the suffering Jiggly? D:!! [URL=http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=craankbt2.png][IMG]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4742/craankbt2.th.png[/IMG][/URL]
Riku Posted January 7, 2008 Posted January 7, 2008 [FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I call your face. ...Oh, sorry, wrong call. I call the spot next after Jeremiah.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Ozymandius Jones Posted January 7, 2008 Posted January 7, 2008 [SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I would like the spot after Keyblade~[/COLOR][/SIZE]
jigglyness Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 [quote name='Ninjah']I call after Jiggly! [B]// EDIT:[/B] D:! I had a brain poop after 2 minutes of working on this. Thanks for the suffering Jiggly? D:!! [/QUOTE] haha no problem. :D Glad you enjoyed it.
TheShinje Posted January 10, 2008 Posted January 10, 2008 Here is my entry... [URL=http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=parachutdw5.jpg][IMG]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1970/parachutdw5.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] It took ages to get the thign lookignt he way I wanted it to. The preceedign image wasn't too hard to follow and I hope mine isn't. Despite the busy-ness of the center, I've kept the very edge rather simple.
James Posted January 10, 2008 Posted January 10, 2008 [font=franklin gothic medium]I'd like to go after Ozy. :catgirl:[/font]
Heaven's Cloud Posted January 11, 2008 Posted January 11, 2008 [quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I'd like to go after Ozy. :catgirl:[/font][/QUOTE] [color=indigo]I'd like to go after James, however, it will probably take me a solid week to finish anything. If that is too long at this stage in the thread I can always return when activity has died down a bit.[/color]
Boo Posted January 11, 2008 Author Posted January 11, 2008 [size=1]Hm, if you could finish it within a week's time, it's okay! Try not too make it much longer than that though, please. :whoops: If the Graphic Worm page isn't updated extremely fast, don't be afraid, it will be updated enough. To kind of keep the images together anyhow, I link every (striked) name in the list to the worm piece they posted. And I'm joining in myself, after Heaven's Cloud. :') [b]Notice:[/b] Be sure to post entries as [i].jpg[/i] or [i].gif[/i] files. Otherwise we'll have the same problems as last time, where some pieces didn't quite look right, because the colours turned out differently than they thought them to be. I've PM'd Keyblade Wielder about that it's her turn, now I hope she posts in the weekend, or we'll skip her and ask her kindly to join in again. :o [b]Update:[/b] Keyblade Wielder has been [color=red]skipped[/color], so it's now Ozymandius Jones' turn![/size]
cancer Posted January 12, 2008 Posted January 12, 2008 [SIZE="1"]Add me to the list next, please : ][/SIZE]
Desbreko Posted January 12, 2008 Posted January 12, 2008 [quote name='Boo'][size=1][b]Notice:[/b] Be sure to post entries as [i].jpg[/i] or [i].gif[/i] files. Otherwise we'll have the same problems as last time, where some pieces didn't quite look right, because the colours turned out differently than they thought them to be.[/size][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Indeed. I've been converting all submissions in png format to jpg (or gif on the rare occasion that gif is actually better). Also, for anyone who uses png for web graphics, I'd like to point you to the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Network_Graphics][u]Wikipedia page[/u][/url] for png. I've noticed a lot of people on OB using png when jpg would be a better choice, or using png but not using appropriate compression settings so that they end up with a needlessly huge file. The page also lists a few png compression programs that will stop them from displaying incorrect colors in IE. Educate thyself![/color]
Ozymandius Jones Posted January 14, 2008 Posted January 14, 2008 [SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][quote name='Jeremiah']It took ages to get the thing looking the way I wanted it to. The preceeding image wasn't too hard to follow and I hope mine isn't. Despite the busy-ness of the center, I've kept the very edge rather simple.[/QUOTE] The edge was pretty much lovely, dear. here's mine! This thread needed more Adrien Brody. So here I am, [I]supplying[/I] more Adrien Brody. FUNNY HOW THESE THINGS WORK OUT. [CENTER][URL=http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=obworm1do5.jpg][IMG]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7825/obworm1do5.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE]
2010DigitalBoy Posted January 14, 2008 Posted January 14, 2008 [COLOR="DarkOrange"]yoyo! I'd like to place my name on the list! After cancer, I guess.[/COLOR]
jigglyness Posted January 18, 2008 Posted January 18, 2008 [quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]yoyo! I'd like to place my name on the list! After cancer, I guess.[/COLOR][/QUOTE] I CALL AFTER 08DB!! :D
James Posted January 19, 2008 Posted January 19, 2008 [font=franklin gothic medium]Made this one nice and easy to follow. :catgirl: [center][URL=http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=graphicwormjokerfa3.jpg][IMG]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8581/graphicwormjokerfa3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center] (Yes, I love my dark psychotic characters. ~_^)[/font]
Ozymandius Jones Posted January 20, 2008 Posted January 20, 2008 [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Orange"][quote name='jigglyness']I CALL AFTER 08DB!! :D[/QUOTE] I would like next after, please and thanks! [/COLOR][/SIZE]
Heaven's Cloud Posted January 20, 2008 Posted January 20, 2008 [color=indigo]Sorry, you'll have to skip me. I just got a super work load dumped on my shoulders. I'll get in a little later in the year.[/color]
Boo Posted January 20, 2008 Author Posted January 20, 2008 [size=1]Aw, that's too bad. :( Here's my entry: [center][URL=http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=graphicwormboo001rr7.jpg][IMG]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1897/graphicwormboo001rr7.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center] Which makes it [b]cancer[/b]'s turn! I think it's easy to continue on these colours. If they turn out to be not as easy as I thought, please let me know and I'll try to edit it a bit. Though I think you can make something pretty out of it. :P[/size]
cancer Posted January 21, 2008 Posted January 21, 2008 here's my entry: [URL=http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wormgp1.jpg][IMG]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4421/wormgp1.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
ZeitGeist Posted January 22, 2008 Posted January 22, 2008 [quote name='cancer']here's my entry: [URL=http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wormgp1.jpg][IMG]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4421/wormgp1.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE] That entry is so 1997. I mean that in a good way. :D Can I have a crack at this after Ozy J?
2010DigitalBoy Posted January 22, 2008 Posted January 22, 2008 [COLOR="DarkOrange"][url=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/wormgp1.jpg]Here's[/url] my crack at it. If there's some minimum quality requirement, I don't blame you for throwing it out, despite having worked on it for hours >_<. [/COLOR]
jigglyness Posted January 22, 2008 Posted January 22, 2008 [quote name='ZeitGeist']That entry is so 1997. I mean that in a good way. :D Can I have a crack at this after Ozy J?[/QUOTE] Sorry but I'm next on the list. You can sign up for the spot after OzyMan. I don't think there is anyone after Ozyman. :] I hope 08DB's piece wasn't too low of quality because I'm gonna continue it...
Recommended Posts