OtakuBoards

What is your opinion of waffles?

emo_dude

[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#6d527f][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]So does this mean that I am the only one here who actually enjoys whipped cream with his waffles?

You all are [I]insane[/I].[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote]

[quote name='ZeitGeist']I like waffles. They make for a tasty snack, especially when served hot with [SIZE=4]lashings of whipped cream [/SIZE]and strawberry jam.
[/quote]

Ahem, I've either made it to your ignore list, or you haven't seen me. Either way, you're not alone. ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I eat waffles with applesauce. Just smear it on and slap it between two waffles then eat it like a sammich![/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]:confused:

I eat waffles normally. Syrup, butter, sometimes whipped cream. I usually pour the syrup into one little square until it overflows into other little squares and creates a sort of "Noah's Waffle" of syrup-destruction.[/color]

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]:confused:

I eat waffles normally. Syrup, butter, sometimes whipped cream. I usually pour the syrup into one little square until it overflows into other little squares and creates a sort of "Noah's Waffle" of syrup-destruction.[/color][/QUOTE]

Yes, the filling of each square is key to the experience. I can't stand people who just apply their syrup in broad strokes. It's just wrong.

[quote name=''[Sound_Nin]'][FONT=Book Antiqua']What, were you just sitting there eating a waffle, and the idea occurred... "Hmm... I wonder how other people feel about waffles. There should be a thread about this!"[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]In order: maybe, and yes.

That wasn't meant to sound mean either....but slightly degrading works. :animesmil[/FONT]

[QUOTE='[Sound_Nin];805758'][FONT=Book Antiqua]What, were you just sitting there eating a waffle, and the idea occurred... "Hmm... I wonder how other people feel about waffles. There should be a thread about this!"
I swear, that wasn't meant to sound mean in any way.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

What? There's been cottage cheese and ramen. Heck, we've had a soda thread. Waffles are just the next logical step.

Spinach thread coming soon maybe a little.

[quote name='Aceburner']What? There's been cottage cheese and ramen. Heck, we've had a soda thread. Waffles are just the next logical step.

Spinach thread coming soon maybe a little.[/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Cottage cheese?!
I mean, ramen makes sense. Anime, ramen... but cottage cheese?
Wow. People must have some time on their hands. :animesmil

[/FONT][/COLOR] [QUOTE][FONT=Arial] That wasn't meant to sound mean either....but slightly degrading works.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Book Antiqua]
[COLOR=Navy]-Thumbs up.- [/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE='[Sound_Nin];805758'][FONT=Book Antiqua]What, were you just sitting there eating a waffle, and the idea occurred... "Hmm... I wonder how other people feel about waffles. There should be a thread about this!"
I swear, that wasn't meant to sound mean in any way.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

sometimes i get bored with my meaningless life so i eats some wiffles and i feels better

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="1234"]
Did you hear, they're going to make artificial beavers? Much better than waffles.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Those already exist in Canada (Ottawa to be more specific). They're called Beaver Tails and they're pretty similar to Waffles but you can get like anything you could possibly imagine slathered on them. Chocolate, strawberries, sugar, maple syrup, you name it. They're delicious. :animesmil

As for waffles, I quite enjoy them. I used to eat them like every morning when I was a kid but now a days I have them once a week or so. Nothing like blueberry waffles covered in maple syrup and a small chunk o' butter. Mmm. :drool:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='emo_dude']sometimes i get bored with my meaningless life so i eats some wiffles and i feels better[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Gosh, man. I totally know how you feel. I like blueberry waffles. With butter and Aunt Jemima syrup. M.m.m. Toasty.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Ehh, that's [I]toast[/I] you're thinking of. Waffles are ... wafflely.

:animesmil[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Eh, I've met some pretty toasty waffles. That's what happens when you don't put enough batter into the cooker...[/size]

[COLOR="1234"]I know what you mean. When I'm bored with my meaningless life I drink Mt. Dew until I have enough strive to actualy do something. Or I sit and listen to my music, mostly Coheed and Cambria... >_>

Ya know, I could use a waffle right now, I haven't had them in over a year or two. I know it's a crime against humanity.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#EDEDED]/[/COLOR]
[FONT=Arial][U][B]namedropping[/B][/U] – [I]n.[/I] the act of dropping names, usually done as an attempt to boost status;
ex.: [I]"The real crime is [U]namedropping[/U] such mediocre items as MD and C&C...."[/I]

I think our cafeteria is serving waffles tomorrow morning. Hooray, -ish.[/FONT]

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]The real crime is namedropping such mediocre items as MD and C&C in a futile attempt to sound cool.

I like waffles.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]At the risk of sounding like a 4 year old...
... that's mean.
(Seriously, unnecessary. Tut tut.)
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote=Sound_Nin][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]At the risk of sounding like a 4 year old...
... that's mean.
(Seriously, unnecessary. Tut tut.)[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]YOU DIDN'T MENTION WAFFLES!

I had these toastable Belgian waffle things once. They were absolutely delicious, though for the life of me, I cannot remember where I got them.

They were the perfect waffles, though. They had the perfect texture, firmness, and flavor.

Like freshly-toasted Heaven.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][LEFT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=White]Allamorph: Air five, but with completely emotionless faces.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]YOU DIDN'T MENTION WAFFLES!
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][LEFT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Well, SORRRRRRY.

Waffles are great. Especially with syrup, sugar, cinnamon, cinnamon sugar, whipped cream, cool whip, and brown sugar.
In that order.
Unless I'm not hungry.
Then EWWWWW.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Pumpkin'][size=1][color=#CC0066]Wow, I didn't expect such a long thread about...waffles. Interesting...but yea I guess you could say I like waffles.

Not much more to it, besides waffles and butter taste good.

.......ya.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Amen, sistah, [I]preach[/I] it!

'Cause people, we got to go [I]outside[/I] and [I]tell[/I] the world! We got to [I]bring[/I] them in so they may par[I]-take[/I] of the waffle that is the [I]Lawd's[/I] sal-[I]va[/I]-tion; let forgiveness [I]cover[/I] their sins like [I]rich[/I], [I]warm[/I] maple syrup, let them [I]feel[/I] the buttah of the Holy Spirit [I]melt[/I] across them, so they may be showered with His [I]grace[/I] that rains down like powdered [I]sugah[/I] over their lives!

'Cause the world is [I]hungry[/I] for the Lawd, people! Hungry like they just woke up on [I]Saturday[/I] mo-nin' with their mouths waterin', 'cause they can smell the sweet a-[I]ro[/I]-ma of [I]truth[/I] comin' outta God's kitchen as he prepares the food for their spirit!

(Somebody hit me, noowwww....)[/FONT]

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]I usually pour the syrup into one little square until it overflows into other little squares and creates a sort of "Noah's Waffle" of syrup-destruction.[/color][/QUOTE]

I do that too.

When I was younger and transfered to public elementary school in central Pennsylvania [U.S], there were quite a few times where the cafeteria served waffles with chicken and gravy. I don't know if that was a cultural thing or if the school district was pretty poor. Has anyone else ever heard of said concoction?