OtakuBoards

What is your opinion of waffles?

emo_dude

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial](Somebody hit me, noowwww....)[/FONT][/QUOTE]Well since you asked...

*THWACK!*

Anyway... waffles and just about any breakfast food = boring. About the only thing that even comes close to breakfast food that I actually like is steak and eggs. But otherwise, waffles are not my thing, at all. Though since stuff like that tends to make me sick, literally, I imagine that's why. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Amen, sistah, [I]preach[/I] it!

'Cause people, we got to go [I]outside[/I] and [I]tell[/I] the world! We got to [I]bring[/I] them in so they may par[I]-take[/I] of the waffle that is the [I]Lawd's[/I] sal-[I]va[/I]-tion; let forgiveness [I]cover[/I] their sins like [I]rich[/I], [I]warm[/I] maple syrup, let them [I]feel[/I] the buttah of the Holy Spirit [I]melt[/I] across them, so they may be showered with His [I]grace[/I] that rains down like powdered [I]sugah[/I] over their lives!

'Cause the world is [I]hungry[/I] for the Lawd, people! Hungry like they just woke up on [I]Saturday[/I] mo-nin' with their mouths waterin', 'cause they can smell the sweet a-[I]ro[/I]-ma of [I]truth[/I] comin' outta God's kitchen as he prepares the food for their spirit!

(Somebody hit me, noowwww....)[/FONT][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]-Flashbacks of childhood religious-oriented trauma.-
D:
-Unintelligible screaming.-

...yeah, breakfast foods aren't rated very high with me, unless they're eaten at night. In the morning, I can't eat. I get sick.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]L'eggo my eggo.

I don't eat waffles in restaurants, i'd much rather have some eggs and a giant slab of meat. But i do eat frozen waffles. And i always liked those. I like them more than Belgian waffles. I have a box of blueberry eggos in my freezer right now, good stuff.

And to Allamorph's pentecostal-esque rant. Demons be-gone!!-ahhh!

[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Amen, sistah, [I]preach[/I] it!

'Cause people, we got to go [I]outside[/I] and [I]tell[/I] the world! We got to [I]bring[/I] them in so they may par[I]-take[/I] of the waffle that is the [I]Lawd's[/I] sal-[I]va[/I]-tion; let forgiveness [I]cover[/I] their sins like [I]rich[/I], [I]warm[/I] maple syrup, let them [I]feel[/I] the buttah of the Holy Spirit [I]melt[/I] across them, so they may be showered with His [I]grace[/I] that rains down like powdered [I]sugah[/I] over their lives!

'Cause the world is [I]hungry[/I] for the Lawd, people! Hungry like they just woke up on [I]Saturday[/I] mo-nin' with their mouths waterin', 'cause they can smell the sweet a-[I]ro[/I]-ma of [I]truth[/I] comin' outta God's kitchen as he prepares the food for their spirit!

(Somebody hit me, noowwww....)[/FONT][/QUOTE]Oh lord! *laughs uncontrollably* XD

And what makes this fun is I[I] love[/I] waffles. They're so tasty! I have a waffle maker since I love having them freshly made for breakfast. :catgirl: And I like having fresh fruit with them too, with a touch of whipped cream. Good stuff![/FONT]

[quote name='lea']I do that too.

When I was younger and transfered to public elementary school in central Pennsylvania [U.S], there were quite a few times where the cafeteria served waffles with chicken and gravy. I don't know if that was a cultural thing or if the school district was pretty poor. Has anyone else ever heard of said concoction?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Well, yea. I'm from Atlanta, and down here in the southern states, Chicken and Waffles isn't too much out of the ordinary....heck, we even got a restaurant called Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles. Crazy....maybe. Tasty....Yes.

I love waffles, but I despise those of the Belgian variety, and since I'm a college student, I come home every saturday morn for a breakfast with the fam and to my dismay do I find my mother making stacks of Belgian Waffles. They're just too...big, or something...but I'd rather just go to the Waffle House and get a Butterscotch Waffle with a side of bacon, scrambled eggs, and grits.

[quote=Allamorph]Amen, sistah, preach it!

'Cause people, we got to go outside and tell the world! We got to bring them in so they may par-take of the waffle that is the Lawd's sal-va-tion; let forgiveness cover their sins like rich, warm maple syrup, let them feel the buttah of the Holy Spirit melt across them, so they may be showered with His grace that rains down like powdered sugah over their lives!

'Cause the world is hungry for the Lawd, people! Hungry like they just woke up on Saturday mo-nin' with their mouths waterin', 'cause they can smell the sweet a-ro-ma of truth comin' outta God's kitchen as he prepares the food for their spirit!

(Somebody hit me, noowwww....)[/quote]

LMAO! Reminds me of Sunday service....just too funny.[/COLOR][/SIZE]