OtakuBoards

What is your opinion of waffles?

emo_dude

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='emo_dude']tell me if you like or dislike waffles and why[/QUOTE]You forgot something rather important here, telling us what [I]you[/I] think about waffles and [I]why[/I]. :p It's a good idea to put more effort into one's post, especially when it's the first one in a thread. It tends to encourage more conversation that way. Please be sure to do that next time. Thanks.

Now as for the actual topic... waffles are not my thing. Why? Because pancakes, waffles, toast, cereal... things like that, tend to make me feel tired instead of ready to face the day. Most breakfast foods like that do, don't even get me started on pop tarts, those are utterly disgusting. I usually have some fresh fruit and occasionally I'll make an omelet. But seriously, waffles? Blech. [/COLOR]

Waffles and I have a strained relationship at best. This is primarily due to my mom. Wonderful lady, but when I was 13 she bought a waffle iron.

I ate waffles every day for breakfast for like 2 years. Those big, Belgian kind, but they never got crispy enough, so they were kinda squishy. I haven't had one since.

That being said, I DO enjoy frozen waffles, such as Eggo. I just can't handle the big homemade ones, or ones you'd get at a diner.

And now you know... and knowing is half the battle. :)

[SIZE="1"]I like waffles, but I hardly ever eat em'. There not really all that great for you. :o I think I like French Toast better.

My mom used to make all these yummy breakfast meals when we were little. Now I usually have stuff like peanut butter and raisains, with an apple, half a protien bar. Depends whether I'll be working out before work, which usually I am.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I eat waffles with applesauce. Just smear it on and slap it between two waffles then eat it like a sammich!

It's quite good but sometimes I add cinnamon sugar because I'm typically using unsweetened applesauce, which can be quite bitter. I like them because they're terribly cheap and when you're a STARVING college student like me, your mantra becomes C.F.T.B. Which stands of course for 'Cheap food tastes better.'[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I like them because they're terribly cheap and when you're a STARVING college student like me, your mantra becomes C.F.T.B. Which stands of course for 'Cheap food tastes better.'[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]That's so true that it's painful. Eating things that are inexpensive to make ends meet. Though that just makes me appreciate my girlfriends cooking even more. Even if I hate it when I'm back to regular college styled eating. XP

Anyway, I'm not all that partial to waffles. They're just not my thing at all. If I'm going to have something breadish for breakfast, I'll go for a bagel first. Those are great when you toast them a bit, and they're easy to eat on the run. Since I'm bad about leaving at the last possible moment for things.

I like waffles. They make for a tasty snack, especially when served hot with lashings of whipped cream and strawberry jam.

Put it this way; If I had to choose between my dream wallfe concoction or being hit over the head with an excessively large steel mallet, guess which one I'd pick. :catgirl:

Waffles aren't that great.
Too crispy, unlike pancakes. Pancakes are nice and soft, and with fruit like blue berries or strawberries, they become even better~
The only pro about waffles is that they don't become rediculously soggy when you swamp them in syrup.
And choco chips seem to fit better in them. And they are quicker and easier to make. I guess that is three pros. Oh well :(

[quote name='Vicky][SIZE=1']Unless they have a different name here... waffles don't seem so interesting, anyway.[/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]You fool.

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.displayit-info.com/food/images/breakfast/4598.JPG[/IMG]
[SIZE="1"]This specimen is known as a Belgian waffle.[/SIZE][/CENTER]
From here, one administers appropriate toppings?syrup (maple or pecan) and butter being the most common, but ranging to any sort of breakfasty item. Strawberries, for instace, or strawberry preserves/jam; or other fruits; or chocolate; or powdered sugar; or combinations of any or all of the above.

Or bizarre toppings that make little sense, like hot peppers or tabasco or soup, perhaps. (I'm sure somebody somewhere gets a kick out of stuff like that.)

Waffles are served ideally alongside sausage, bacon, eggs, and grits, with milk and/or orange juice and/or coffee for beverages.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Chill your beans Allamorph, I just noticed I was lying =p

I have had waffles before -Aldi waffles - but I'm not sure if they count as food. They were absolutely rubbish and fell a part because they're cheap Aldi waffles. Either way, I wouldn't put those things anywhere near my eggs and bacon.

I didn't realise I had ever tried waffles because the ones I tasted were disgusting.

Incidentally, I will not be trying waffles ever again.

Good day ^_^[/size]

[FONT=Arial]I have a slight distaste for the Belgian variety, personally, because as [COLOR="DarkRed"]Lunox[/COLOR] accurately mentioned, there's just too bloody much of them. I prefer the normal variety; while I like to eat, I do not regularly stuff myself to the point of bloating.

That and Belgian waffles just absorb syrup, like a sponge. I do, however, enjoy them as breakfast, or occasionally dinner?just as I enjoy pancakes or French toast. Having the companion meat, eggs, and grits makes me quite happy indeed, especially when Hillshire sausages are involved. Regular sausage makes me queasy, for whatever reason.

[quote name='Vicky][SIZE="1"']Incidentally, I will not be trying waffles ever again.[/SIZE][/quote]
Your loss. =D[/FONT]

Invader Zim. Invading high schools, emo kid minds, and now Otakuboards. Just like an invader should. Now begone from my sight, Gir.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]From here, one administers appropriate toppings?syrup (maple or pecan) and butter being the most common, but ranging to any sort of breakfasty item. Strawberries, for instace, or strawberry preserves/jam; or other fruits; or chocolate; or powdered sugar; or combinations of any or all of the above.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Allamorph, WHERE IS MY FREAKING PEANUT BUTTER!?

*ahem* Waffles are great.They rate just slightly below pancakes in my book due to the fact that huckleberries don't fit into waffles very well (if anyone's curious, a Huckleberry is a wild berry found in the Pacific Norhtwest United States, particularly in mountainous regions. I consider them the 3rd most delicious fruit in existance. good luck finding any off of reservation property, though.) Gimme some maple syrup and butter, strawberries and whuipped cream (typing this is making my mouth water,) or peanut butter if they're leftovers.

Yum.

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]I like waffles, but I don't eat them regularly. Whenever we do get waffles though, it's the chocolate chip waffles, and I tend to get greedy with them. (Can't help it. Pretty much asking me to be stingy when it comes to chocolate chip anything.)

I prefer pancakes though.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='zach-kun']Waffles aren't that great.
Too crispy, unlike pancakes. Pancakes are nice and soft, and with fruit like blue berries or strawberries, they become even better~
The only pro about waffles is that they don't become rediculously soggy when you swamp them in syrup.
And choco chips seem to fit better in them. And they are quicker and easier to make. I guess that is three pros. Oh well :([/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]I'm only quoting this because I am in love with your avatar. Seriously, my email was [email][email protected][/email] for a year. But alas, it isn't anymore.

I can't bare to think about food right now. My doctor thinks I'm anorexic because I only weigh 100lbs right now. So he told my mother to make me eat a lot. And god, am I sick. x.x
Anyway, I like waffles... but really, I like a bagel and an apple for breakfast (See why I weigh so little? I can't eat anything unhealthy!) sometimes maybe a Gatorade or something. Maybe a Monster. I don't care for RedBull.

Pancakes? My grandma made pancakes every Sunday for the first 14 years of my life. So no, no, no.
I have no personal problems with waffles. Those little microwave pancakes are a bit better though. And those circle-shaped slabs of sausage at McDonald's are pretty much all I go there for.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#6d527f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]So does this mean that I am the only one here who actually enjoys whipped cream with his waffles?

You all are [I]insane[/I].[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

i freaken love ice cream and whipped cream on my waffles it makes me all cozy inside