OtakuBoards

SD: Reapers Enclave

Rachmaninoff

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='SunfallE][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Looks like Phaidra and Sarvel are going to find an empty apartment. I didn't expect Karl to haul Lucia and Ruby off so quickly to look for a suitable location for the training. o_O[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]That's fine. I found it amusing that Karl dragged her off for training immediately. XD At least she'll return to find a surprise waiting for her. Same goes for Nathan as well, since Phaidra tells me that he was still gone when she stopped by. [/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]It would depend on how she set it up. For more than one use, it would most likely need to be recharged since there won't be an outside magical power source for it. So in this case, it would only work once.

Also, it's far from infallible. A more powerful vampire, especially if they know any magic, could potentially detect it and simply get around it. Though unless they were very skilled, traces of it being tampered with would be detectable.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sabrina][FONT="Tahoma"']Also, it's far from infallible. A more powerful vampire, especially if they know any magic, could potentially detect it and simply get around it. Though unless they were very skilled, traces of it being tampered with would be detectable.[/FONT][/quote]I was actually thinking that someone more skilled would easily get around or disable such a trap. Much like Phaidra collapsed that one trap in on itself. So at best, it would merely serve to deal with ones who are rather young or less skilled, but not much else. Still definitely better than nothing.

Oh and Darren will be following up on what I posted so if you two could not move your characters elsewhere, it would be appreciated. Thanks. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Indi][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]Oh and Darren will be following up on what I posted so if you two could not move your characters elsewhere, it would be appreciated. Thanks. [/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]And my post is up. Thanks for holding off you guys, since I had planned on including those two in my post, even if only for a brief moment. [/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Is it because it's not often that Nathan comes across as if he's making himself act goofy? =P Either way it seemed fine to me. I know the feeling though, when a post just doesn't feel quite right.

Anyway, I poked [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR] about the exercise they are supposed to be doing now, but then she poked back and reminded me that she's posted more often. o_O So looks like I'll be tackling it. So I'll try to get something up this week.

[B]EDIT:[/B] and it's posted. I hope that works. o_O I figured that they'd miss quite a few and that there would be a lot of them. I can always tweak it if you need me to though. [/FONT]

• 1 month later...
[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]Well she [I]was[/I] running around town with a cat on her shoulder like a complete ninny until Karl verbally whacked her upside the head for that. Still, considering that she's the only one to work with humans on a regular basis, makes sense that they'd find her first.

Also, surprise post since I couldn't sleep so I went ahead and wrote it up. =P[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 1 month later...
[FONT=Calibri]There will be no post from me until my computer is functional again. The post I was planning on is 80% finished but locked on my hard drive, which is currently inaccessible.

Because I've got so much of it finished, it would be awkward if you went ahead and did something, Darren. I really did kind of want to get this up today, but per the recent situation....

Thank goodness for patience, eh?[/FONT]

• 5 weeks later...
[FONT="Tahoma"]Just to clarify, I was talking with Darren and we decided that the news would result in Alex starting to wonder why one of the blades felt different. Whether or not he figures it out before finding out another way, is up for debate. That's why we decided to have him going off in the wrong direction as to why one might feel different.

Anyway, I'm only sorry there wasn't more Karl in that post. :catgirl:[/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
[font="Trebuchet MS"]Good to see this moving again. I'm thinking we need to get together on it a bit to refresh just where we are going with this.

Oh and Allamorph, I caught that the title for the second half of your post was for a song. So I looked it up and then laughed when I realized what it was. I enjoyed the other song you linked to in your previous post as well. Very fitting, both of them.[/font]

[FONT=Calibri]But all of my post titles are songs....

Yes, we do need another get-together on this. We need to hash out some more specific directions until the next major point (which I also have in my head > >; ), and I want to talk to you and Sabrina about something. I think you'll have fun with this one. And yeah, sorry about the time delay. Not really much of an explanation I can offer aside from just not doing it.

But! Ever onward.[/FONT]

• 3 months later...
[FONT=Calibri]I think this post basically exemplifies the issues I have with post-writing from time to time, especially when I start working on a constrained direction.

See, everything here works like it's supposed to. Darren's and Indi's posts had to merge with mine (Indi's at two separate points), there was supposed to be a scuffle featuring angry!Isen pinning Victor to the wall and Nathan not-so-subtly threatening her if she trespassed on his "kill", the dispensing of information, Nathan getting ready to blow things off; everything works.

And the whole thing is wrong. I have no idea what's wrong with it. It can't be not long enough, because it's almost three pages in Word as is; it can't be the event progression, because I can't see anything else happening, and if Gavrie arrives before the two young ones do so he can be informed and put his two cents in the whole thing is going to drag out like a bad funeral; it can't be the dialogue because there's literally nothing else being said; but something about the [i]entire post[/i] isn't flowing right, and I can't seem to see or feel what it is.

faugh[/FONT]

[color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]It flows perfectly for me and I can see exactly where it needs to go. It lands it in Sabrina's lap. There's just one detail that needs to be worked out so I know that what I see is what [i]should[/i] happen. :p I'll talk to both you and Sabrina to fill you in. Oh and Gavrie showing up so quickly is perfect. The message Karl would have sent is the equivalent of [i]all hell has broken loose get here yesterday[/i].

Anyway, I wonder if Isen has any idea how much she has just utterly flabbergasted Karl. Yes Victor is there and yes there is the deal with the others in the city... but his mind is now too busy being blown by her actions. lol [/font][/color]

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
[FONT=Calibri]All right. Due to the server switchover and new forum software, there's a lot of little work bits that need to be done.

Several posts have been weirdly altered. In the game thread, most of them are either mine or [COLOR=DarkRed]Indi[/COLOR]'s or mine because of SIZE=1 font translations; any posts like that are now completely unreadable. I will be going back and fixing mine to a normal Calibri font for legibility, and I suggest [COLOR=DarkRed]Indi[/COLOR] do something similar for hers.

As far as this thread is concerned, I'm not worried about much except the first post, since that's also SIZE=1, and maybe any posts with spoiler-text. Our old spoiler system just blacked the text out, and now it sits in boxes, which breaks up the flow rather a good deal. [COLOR=DarKRed]Rach[/COLOR], if you could edit your opening post in this thread into something more visually friendly, that would be fantastic. Any other post alterations are mostly up to the invidual posters, I think. I will be checking mine, but I'm not sure that much of it will need editing.

I have two more weeks of school, then a week of downtime, then a week of leave, and then probably six weeks of nowhere-near-as-crunched work to do. I'll want to post somewhere in there, so when those posts that got deleted are reposted, make sure to post here and let us all know. Beth has those, I believe.

And this is why I love Word.[/FONT] Edited by Allamorph

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1332689669' post='710989'][font=Calibri] I'll want to post somewhere in there, so when those posts that got deleted are reposted, make sure to post here and let us all know. Beth has those, I believe.[/font][/quote]

[color=#800080][size=4]I do have them. I was able to get a copy from google's cache history. I've sent everyone their copy via e-mail so all they have to do is get them back up in order. I included that info too. I believe Indi needs to post first.

I'll also be sure to check out my previous posts to see if anything needs to be altered due to the change messing up the format.[/size][/color]

[color=#800080][size=4]EDIT: Seems my lighter pink is hard to read so I'm editing it to make it easier. [/size][/color] Edited by Hummy

[quote name='Hummy' timestamp='1332885737' post='711069']
[color=#dda0dd][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I do have them. I was able to get a copy from google's cache history. I've sent everyone their copy via e-mail so all they have to do is get them back up in order. I included that info too. I believe Indi needs to post first. [/font][/color]

[color=#dda0dd][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I'll also be sure to check out my previous posts to see if anything needs to be altered due to the change messing up the format.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[color=#4b0082][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I retrieved it from my e-mail. Glad you snagged it. Attempting to rewrite that would have ben annoying. [/font][/size][/color]

[color=#4b0082][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I saw how it messed up our posts, Al. I've changed some of mine and I'll just keep on working on fixing others as I have time to do so. In the mean time, I believe you can now get yours back up, Beth.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#4B0082][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]It's a shame that the switch resulted in so many posts being broken but it can't be helped. I'm not sure I'll bother with older stuff, just this RP since I'm currently involved in it. [/font][/size][/color]