OtakuBoards

Let's Talk about Abridged Series

Specifically Yu-Gi-Oh!, but any you like will be fine.

For those of you who have been ninja training either in a cave, on Mount Fuji or in the sewers of New York City, the abridged series is a concept that has been around for a while now. The basic premise is to take an Anime, condense the episodes into 5-10 minutes and convey the basic idea through poking fun at the show a lot. This can be either extremely funny (i.e. Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged) or tragically misguided (i.e. most of the others.)

My favorite is probably Yu-Gi-Oh!, but Naruto's abridged series does deserve some mention (As the creator of the first said, though, "It's just not as good as Yu-Gi-Oh! the Abridged Series.")

So, what are your thoughts? Any series you'd like to recommend? Discuss your favorites?

Yi Gi Oh Abridged is really good. It has punchline after punchline of pure hilarity. The Naruto Abridged had one really good joke abotu sasuke Naruto and a log. That one was a real knee slapper. I haven't seen that much of it though.

Abridged series are great when done right.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=#503F86]I love Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series. And I love it even more because LittleKuriboh is British :p

Although I think the parodies of actual episodes are much better than the standalone ones he's made himself, to be honest. Marik's Evil Council of Doom was fun but just lacked... something that the episodes already have. The parody of the first series movie (not Pyramid of Light) with the song subtitles at the beginning and the end were absolutely hilarious. Rarely have I laughed more at a YouTube video.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I love the videos, although I actually prefer Naruto Abridged to Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, if only because I prefer the base material that the jokes are based on, but both shows are still utterly awesome.

Weevil and Rex as Beavis and Butthead and Bandit Keith's In America jokes were just too funny. But then, Gaara of the Funk and Sasuke and the Log are brilliant as well. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Aceburner']It's down right now, but in the meantime, Marick and his Evil Council of Doom are up to their usual shenanigans. Now with 400% more evil teddy bear![/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][I]"Nothing says evil quite like womany eye-liner"[/I]

Great line, heh heh. [/SIZE]

Guest Queen-Mion
I love Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series. It's awesome and the site is back up in case anyone was wondering. I personally like this one the best, but I've found a good Death Note Abridged Series and also a Berserk Abridged Series. LittleKuriboh isn't the only good one out there, but he's the best one and the first one to do it. People are just going to keep making more Abridged Series now that the idea is out >_<

[color=darkred][size=1]

For me, Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series is the best. Funny as hell, constantly and consistantly.

Bandit Keith is one of the funniest characters ever.

"I'm didn't understand a thing you just said. Try speaking American, its the only language I understand.... In America!"[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]I love Yugioh abridged the most personally ( think most do) But I do also love The Berserk Abridged and Yuyu Hakusho abridged. I'm not a huge Naruto fan so I tend not to watch it too much but another one I enjoy watching is the Death note abridged I feel they did a funny job with that one killing off popular anime characters instead of killing off bad guys. Haha. It's fun.
I one day want to make one of my own but I have yet to get the equipment and because of my being a girl, I either need to get one of my guy friends to help me or I need to do a very girl themed anime or at least something with a lot of children.
Maybe one day. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
I've seen the yu-gi-oh one and it's not bad, but if you don't mind adult humor Berserk: The Abridged is definately the best. The first episode is hard to find, and also the least funniest, but you don't even have to have any knowledge of Berserk the anime (people actually say that which ever you watch first will make the second seem less good) and it's great if you need to laugh for an hour.

[quote name='Aceburner']Hey guys! Hey Guys! Episode 28 of YGO:TAS is out!

Thought you ought to know.

EDIT: Brooklyn Rage![/QUOTE]

HA! Thanks for the update, Ace! That was hilarious! *chokes on laughter* The "Who's that Mokemon" part was awesome!
By the way, I was looking up different abridged series and stumbled across a Sailor Moon abridged. Never seen the show, but the abridged was great! The only decent abridged Sailor Moon series can be found if you type in "SMA series episode *put whatever # here. May I suggest starting with 1?*".:animesmil

• 3 weeks later...
Here's the first episode of the much-anticipated Team Four Star DBZ Abridged Series. It's basically made by a bunch of abridgers who have already proven themselves to be freaking awesome at this kind of thing, Including the Lupin III Abridged guy, the Sailor Moon Abridged (good one mentioned above) girl, the Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged guy and the Naruto Abridged guys. It's really good.

[YOUTUBE="TFS Dragon Ball Z: The Abridged Series"]2nYozPLpJRE[/YOUTUBE]

Yay beer!

• 1 month later...
[font=trebuchet ms] So, Marik's Evil Council of Doom. Y/N?

A lot of people seem to be N on this, but those two episodes are included in my favorites. Rex+Weevil+Bakura/Marik banter=what do you mean it's not awesome?

But I admit absolutely nothing* beats Seto and Bandit Keith's conversation during episode 15. Makes me laugh every time.

*Except maybe Mokuba going through Japanese puberty. [/font]

lol. Personally i like Yu-gi-oh better than naruto but only by a little bit. Another one i really liked was Death Note Abridged by TeamDattebayo. Also, i dont think anyone else has said this but Sailor Moon Abridged. and, (i know some people really didnt like this anime) Gantz abridged. So theres my top 5 but actually,
(pls dont hurt me)
has anyone ever seen a really really good bleach abridged? because i havent...

..."or my name isn't Florence"