OtakuBoards

Let's Talk about Abridged Series

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Speaking of abridged series... looks what I mades... (note, adult language is prevalent).

[YOUTUBE="Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Abridged Series Ep. 1"]L669n9SowG0[/YOUTUBE]

Episode 2 is done, but was messed up due to the video quality being screwed up so I must re-edit.

[/color][/size]

[quote name='Living Impaired']has anyone ever seen a really really good bleach abridged? because i havent...[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Look up "Khenpoe" on Youtube. Supposedly there's another one, but he won me over with "Sharp Dressed Man" in the first episode after Ichigo gets his powers. The only problem is he's only just introduced Kon.

Zen, I watched part of your first episode a little earlier. It's pretty good, but there were a couple of lines where it sounded like you were breathing into the mic a little. Other than that, it's quite decent indeed (well, depending on which definition of "decent" you're using.)

As for Marik's Evil Council of Doom, I personally think they're hilarious. Plus they're educational. I mean, how many other ways are you going to learn that Bandit Keith's middle name is Steve? Also: "Curse you and your motorcycle riding!"

Oh! Before I forget, TFS's second episode of their DBZ Abridged series is out. It has a Harvey Birdman reference, therefore it is awesome.

[YOUTUBE="TFS Dragon Ball Z Abridged Episode 2"]aBm_2IUn4MU[/YOUTUBE][/FONT]

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]

Speaking of abridged series... looks what I mades... (note, adult language is prevalent).

[YOUTUBE="Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Abridged Series Ep. 1"]L669n9SowG0[/YOUTUBE]

Episode 2 is done, but was messed up due to the video quality being screwed up so I must re-edit.

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
I enjoyed the first episode, even though stuff like some of the jokes don't really hit it for me. It was still pretty good

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Well, thanks you guys. Again, it was my first time ever messing with voice-acting, video-editing, and abridging in general. Here's Episode 2. I think it's a bit better.

[YOUTUBE="Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Abridged Series Ep. 1"]M8TKeEuQlSc[/YOUTUBE]

[/color][/size]

Haha, Symphony of the Night references make my day. I thought the Kaiba/Mokuba pet jokes would be pushed further with Kaiba suggesting deadlier creatures to buy Mokuba. On the one hand, that would have worn out quickly, but on the other hand, the final creature probably would have been pretty ridiculous.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I enjoyed that quite a bit. Phresh Pharaoh was probably my favorite part, though. Downloading the mp3 now. The Dark Magician Girl thing was also pretty funny, as were the 4Kids jokes. Littlekuriboh knows how to bash 4Kids just right so you're still laughing at it by the end of the episode instead of getting tired of the repetitive weak jokes.[/FONT]

• 3 months later...
[SIZE="1"]OK so what happens when you take the teams behind Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged as set them loose on Dragonball Z ?

[B]THIS.[/B]

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Team Four Star DBZ Abridged Episode 1"]RfVw2iCbFWM[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

Having watched all 6 released episodes, and everything else I could get my hands on I have to say I really, really love this series. The puns are all excellently time and executed and the similarity of the voices to the actual characters is at times just amazing.

...I will also never look at Mr. Popo the same way again after this.[/SIZE]

I watch the Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged series, for obvious reasons (ie, it's hilarious).
I've also kept up with .hack//Roots Abridged, just cause I'm such a fantard for the series and have always wanted people to make fun of it properly and I finally found someone who could.

And now, thanks to Gavin, I'll have to keep up with DBZ Abridged. That was some reeeeally funny stuff right thar. I was literally lol'ing.

Favorite piece of dialogue:

"Hey Ash."
"Yeah, Misty?"
"The doctors told me that you have cancer."
"Ohhh... is that some sort of new Pokemon that can't be found in the Johto region?"
"No, it's cancer."

That had me lawling in my seat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'll tell you this much. I'm not into parodies at all, so you can imagine that I don't care for any of those movies that mock other movies and whatnot. I just don't find them funny.

However, my sister and her boyfriend showed me the DBZ Abridged series, and I can't help but say that's some funny stuff right there. For the past couple of days, Piccolo trying to say the name of his attack has been stuck in my head.

[spoiler]Nappa didn't make it any better when he threw the pokeball at Chaotzu (sp?)[/spoiler]

The things people are getting me to watch these days...

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am so happy I came across this thread a little while back. It's just that the Yu-gi-oh abridged and TFS dbz abridge honestly kind of changed my outlook on life. Before, I was just angry that at one time I've sat all the way through the original runs of these shows, but now I feel just ecstatic for life. And lastly, I am dead serious.[/COLOR][/FONT]