OtakuBoards

The Cinquain Poem Game

Sabrina

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="1"]I've been listening to a song with the town of 'Farmersville,' so I decided to make a poem out of it.

Farmersville,
a sinful little town of weeds.
Shame is planted like clockwork.
Dementing and unrelentless.
Hell[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]This should be fun, considering who I'm posting after... And yes it was my intent. :p

[CENTER]Irish
Fiery high spirit
Lilting Celtic speech
Depth and devotion within
Gavin[/CENTER][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I guess that means I should return the favour right ? ^_~

[INDENT]Crys,
Loyal, kind friend
Certainly reading this now
Pity she's a fangirl
Brat.[/INDENT]
Heh heh, I'm sure I'll get one back in retaliation now.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I guess that means I should return the favour right ? ^_~

[INDENT]Crys,
Loyal, kind friend
Certainly reading this now
Pity she's a fangirl
Brat.[/INDENT]
Heh heh, I'm sure I'll get one back in retaliation now.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Naturally, and I know just the thing since it will only make sense to you. Hehe.

[CENTER]Gavin
Kind and friendly
Wondering what's new
Sadly, he has more to do
Fourteen
[/CENTER]
*laughs because she knows she's [I]so[/I] going to get something in return for that.*[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]*laughs because she knows she's [I]so[/I] going to get something in return for that.*[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Oh, so right. That was just low Crys.

[INDENT]indifference,
Minion of Des
Sweetly maddening
Poor Darren,
Fifty-seven.[/INDENT]

I get the feeling we might end up in a circle here.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Gavin;808890][SIZE="1"]Oh, so right. That was just low Crys.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]It was meant to be a friendly poke. [quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"']I get the feeling we might end up in a circle here.[/SIZE][/quote]True, but not in the way you're thinking.

[CENTER][URL="http://www.theotaku.com/portfolio/outcast"][color="#663399"]Outcast[/COLOR][/URL]
Fallen? I think not
Unfazed, following but one path
Holding fast to what?s true
Commendable[/CENTER][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I find it rather ironic that the two of you are sparring a bit. You'll see shortly, though [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR] already knows. But as a preview I'll write a poem to allude to what I have in mind.

[CENTER]Challenge
Words and lines
Building a verse
Only one will pass
Fight![/CENTER]
And if that made no sense, rest assured, my new thread will. Hehe. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]New contest sounds interesting Sabrina, I look forward to [strike]kicking Crys' ass[/strike] taking part in the fun. ^_~

[INDENT]Winner
Singular, peerless
Beating all opponents
There can be only one
Star[/INDENT][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Boy, give Gavin and Crystia a contest and the want to rip each other's heads off. Sabrina you've unleashed hell you know that right? :p

Doomsday.
Horrible in their hands,
The champion uncommon.
She will prevail.
Indifference

Sorry Gav, but I think I have a clear view of the winner already.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Sorry Gav, but I think I have a clear view of the winner already.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Remind me never to support you in anything again Prem. ^_~

[INDENT]Aberinkula
Bermuda Detective
Shows his true colours
Disloyalty is unbecoming
Kiss-ass.[/INDENT][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"]You should know by now Gavin that Prem's loyalty changes like the wind, elusive and never permanent. Not that it matters, we'll find out soon enough. Heh.

[CENTER]Elegant
Delicate and poised
Self-assured in every move
Precision flows with each step
Exquisite [/CENTER][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Based on a discussion with Crys earlier, here's on about DB.

[INDENT]DB,
Friend, scourge, oddity
Posting in orange
Gone, never forgotten
Rat boy [/INDENT]

I'm not entirely happy with the second line, each word represents a different viewpoint of him.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]For some reason, a fight between Gavin and Crystia seems like something that would end in a draw or rather that both would have equal wins and losses. I can't see a clear victor at all. You two are evenly matched in many ways. Heh.

[CENTER]Story
Plot and character
Building a memory
To good to put down
Book[/CENTER]
Anyway, if the contest is anything like this thread, it's definitely going to be fun to be a part of since simple stuff like this is great. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]For some reason, a fight between Gavin and Crystia seems like something that would end in a draw or rather that both would have equal wins and losses. I can't see a clear victor at all. You two are evenly matched in many ways. Heh. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]I kind of see it that way and yet... having known Crystia for over ten years... I know damn well how competitive she can be at times. Anyway... back to why I'm even here. And yes, that's my way of saying I refuse to predict who would win. :p

[CENTER]Forest
Green and lush
The path not taken
New places to explore
Hidden grove[/CENTER]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']And yes, that's my way of saying I refuse to predict who would win. :p[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Or you could save yourself the trip 'round your elbow to get to your nose and just say you refuse to predict the winner.

'Course, I could care less about all that; I'm just here to write.

[CENTER]Night Owl
Questionable, Unhealthy
Waking up the birds
Eyes itching
Insomniac?[/CENTER][/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Or you could save yourself the trip 'round your elbow to get to your nose and just say you refuse to predict the winner.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Well yeah, but then you lose the jab at Crystia's competitive nature. :D

[CENTER]Paper
Flat, empty
Potential consciousness
Words spill forth and take form
Dissertation [/CENTER]
And we'll kind of leave off how mine is still pretty damn empty. XP

[FONT="Tahoma"]>_> I know Sir Allamorph will understand the motivation behind this poem. XP

[CENTER]Typo
Unavoidably annoying
Mortification at it's finest
Oh how I wish I could spot them!
Mistake![/CENTER][/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]>_> I know Sir Allamorph will understand the motivation behind this poem. XP[/FONT][/QUOTE]He's not the only one who will understand that. Heh.
[CENTER]
Silk
Soft and lustrous
Caressing you lovingly
A smile with a twirl of skirts
Little red dress[/CENTER][/COLOR]