OtakuBoards

Poetry Contest - Everyone Welcome!

Sabrina

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Anyway... start voting! :catgirl:[/FONT][/QUOTE]And done oh bossy one. :p This round had some fun entries, one, as I mentioned in my voting, actually had me laughing out loud at how entertaining it was. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]
Just a quick reminder though, don't forget that [COLOR="Blue"]cohesive voting[/COLOR] is required this time around! The instructions as to what that entails is included in each thread. [/FONT][/QUOTE]:p And done, well other than for my own, heh. Now we just need more people to vote and vote nao! Though I suppose the fact that many of the contestants have finals this week doesn't help. XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]:p And done, well other than for my own, heh. Now we just need more people to vote and vote nao! Though I suppose the fact that many of the contestants have finals this week doesn't help. XP[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]True! Myself included since I took my last final yesterday. I'll probably set a time for the middle of next week to make up for people having finals this week. Right now I intend to wait until this weekend to see just how many votes are in. If by say Sunday it's still pretty slim I'll extend it at that point, after all, school comes first![/FONT]

All the after work, the grading and getting that posted is what I was worried about in terms of having time to vote... but... I took advantage of taking a break to get that done. Even if I'm no longer in it, I am curious to see who finally wins and just how you'll handle the next round with an uneven number of contestants.

[FONT="Tahoma"]Well I had thought of doing something different if people wanted to do more than single elimination, but since that was not the case, I probably will be doing a three way final battle! It will be more than just a single assignment though since it will be the battle for the winning spot! It will still be just one round though. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]The obvious answer would be a three-way. Quick and concise finish that way.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Just as it's obvious I shouldn't ask questions like that when I'm distracted. XP At least... I'll tell myself that since I had a lot on my mind when I posted that. I'm still curious to see how it goes and having more than one item to do sounds like a good idea. It kind of reminds me of how we had multiple tasks for the final bit in Survivor.

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"] Right now I intend to wait until this weekend to see just how many votes are in. If by say Sunday it's still pretty slim I'll extend it at that point, after all, school comes first![/FONT][/QUOTE]I sincerely hope that you do extend it, I've been feeling a little under the weather and haven't been online much at all in the last week. So though I'm feeling better, an extension for a few days would be appreciated.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']I sincerely hope that you do extend it, I've been feeling a little under the weather and haven't been online much at all in the last week. So though I'm feeling better, an extension for a few days would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Now as for an extension on the voting, I am going to do that since so many people I know, after doing finals they were just burned out. Myself being one of them. o_O So I think an extension is more than reasonable in this case. So with that in mind the voting will remain open through Friday the 9th to make up for the bad timing of finals for people last week. :catgirl: [/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]So with that in mind the voting will remain open through Friday the 9th to make up for the bad timing of finals for people last week. :catgirl: [/FONT][/QUOTE]Thank you very much hun, the additional time to get one's vote in was appreciated.

[FONT="Tahoma"]And the second round is closed. :catgirl: I'll have the final round up either later tonight or tomorrow sometime. So be sure to look for it as our final three: Aaryanna_Mom, Allamorph & [COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]Indi[/FONT][/COLOR] will be competing in a three way grand finale for the poetry contest.

[B]EDIT:[/B] The final thread is up! Sorry for the slight delay. Here is the thread in question for the remaining three contestants.

[thread=59056][U]Aaryanna_Mom vs. Indi vs. Allamorph[/U][/thread][/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"][B]EDIT:[/B] The final thread is up! Sorry for the slight delay. Here is the thread in question for the remaining three contestants.

[thread=59056][U]Aaryanna_Mom vs. Indi vs. Allamorph[/U][/thread][/FONT][/QUOTE]Thank you again for giving me that extra week since this past week was a complete disaster. I haven't even been online since last Saturday.

Anyway, should be fun to see what you two come up with for the final poem.

[FONT="Tahoma"]Just a quick note since the deadline has been changed again. ^^ Kathy asked for an extension plus I just realized that it's memorial day weekend. So if people want to have things due by the 27th that's fine by me. XP [/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Tahoma"]Congratulations to [B]Allamorph[/B] the winner of the Poetry contest!

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to participate and to vote on the poems that were posted for the contest. It's been a lot of fun! :catgirl:[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Congradulations Allamorph! You did a great job. And kudos to A_M and Indi, you guys did a great job as well. Sabrina, you did a bang-up job as the hostess, you should do another contest sometime.

And Allamorph, I read that you don't really like poetry, but you should still keep going, you have talent in that field as well.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I find it amusing how someone who doesn't like poetry does such a good job writing it. lol Anyway, yes Congratulations are in order Allamorph. I especially loved your [B]Support Raiha Queen of Death[/B] entry. Anyway as fun as it was to get this far, I've no regrets bowing out to someone who did such an excellent job with the poems.

Also, Prem is right Sabrina, having done an excellent job with this as hostess, you really should do another contest sometime. The Anthology needs more love. [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"]=P[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I agree with Indi, the Support Raiha Queen of Death was the best. So... Congrats on winning Allamorph, the one who does not like poetry. lol

Anyway, I agree with the others Sabrina... you should host another contest. Knowing you, I'm sure you'll think of something.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Congratulations Allamorph! What I find the most amusing is how you ended up writing another poem even after the contest was officially over! :o Hehehe! But yes, you definitely deserve it, your poems were very well done.

Anyway, even if I'm not really into poetry either I too enjoyed it so as Treble just said: [I]kudos to Sabrina and all of the other participants. [/I] I so agree, it was a lot of fun. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]And the person who does not like poetry wins, nice. ^_~ Congratulations Allamorph. It was a well earned victory in my opinion.

I'll also echo the sentiments of others here, it was fun and you did a nice job of hosting the poetry contest Sabrina. I certainly hope you do something else in the future. Events like this are lots of fun. And as Indi pointed out, the Anthology needs more attention, we wouldn't want the resident Basement Cat getting bored would we? =P[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Although I balk just a little at the idea of the area mod winning a contest in their own forum, I thank you all anyway, and with no less sincerity. It was a pleasure to participate?even though that curséd rondeau was utterly mind-wrenching?and I rather enjoyed a good deal of the entries.

And as I told you before, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Gavin[/COLOR], you kinda had me worried, there; I wasn't sure how the votes would fall for that one. Well met, sir. :animesmil[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]And as I told you before, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Gavin[/COLOR], you kinda had me worried, there; I wasn't sure how the votes would fall for that one. Well met, sir. :animesmil[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, no worries Al, it was fun to clash poetic lances with you in the opening round, even if I knew right then I wasn't going to advance any further. ^_^;

Anyway congratulations on your win, you certain deserved it, and really, it simply cements your position here in the Anthology as it's almighty creative overlord. Heh.[/SIZE]