OtakuBoards

Beneath the Desert Sky: Backstage

Kenso

[SIZE=1]Well, we all know what this is for, so I don't have to say much right now.

[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58898"]Auditions Thread[/URL]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58928"]Main RP Thread[/URL]
[/SIZE]

Ah I'm a bit late. Sorry guys, I will get a post together ASAP.

Though it should be interesting at least, given that there's already a barfight and shoot-out based on skimming the existing posts. Should be a nice cover for my opening, and tie in neatly.

Edit: Alright, Odin and Martel are introduced, in their somewhat "normal day" style. Status Quo ftw.

Yes it is perfectly normal for Odin to just about blow up his shop, though usually it doesn't go with a bang like that one.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]Well, looks like we have ourselves off to a rather interesting start. Gunfight, exploding blacksmith shop, talk of a jailbreak (credit to the Macks for not being dumb enough to shoot the sheriff), and Lord knows what's still coming. And we've lost one character (who hadn't actually posted yet, so no story effect) due to IRL circumstances. Wingman is dropping out because he just won't have the time to keep up with it.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]That said, I'm going to hold off posting to give those who haven't yet an opportunity to do so (I'll likely send a PM to all of them tonight). Also, does anyone have any specific plans for what they're planning next?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]To be quite honest, I'm running this off the cuff, and had expected a bit more time before Clark died, and it's not looking like he's going to last long, what with half the characters trying to kill him (although he's not likely to go down without a damn good fight - the reason I suggested multiple characters). So if anyone has any potential plot hooks in mind, I'm certainly open. I like input from RP participants when I run them anyway. So if you have any input at all, feel free to post here (or PM me, if it's something you want to work things up to, without letting everyone knows what's up yet).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]On a side note, Blayze, keep in mind the Macks as you have them written are wanted, and turning in Clark is likely to result in their arrest also. Just something they may wish to keep in mind (especially since they're BACK in Arizona right now).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]On an additional side note, also at Blayze, I owe you a kudos (assuming you didn't look it up). And a [IMG]http://trashmenagerie.com/images/CCC/Cookie.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]That's a chocolate chip cookie.... ....a really big cookie... Am I the only one who remembers the Kudos bars?

Back when my mother didn't let me eat candy I used to get them from my grandmother instead. But alas, they appear to be no more. But seriously, someone find my husband. Maybe he fell into a pothole and was mugged.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Kenso']
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]On a side note, inwardscream, keep in mind the Macks as you have them written are wanted, and turning in Clark is likely to result in their arrest also. Just something they may wish to keep in mind (especially since they're BACK in Arizona right now).[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]

I don't know if I am reading this wrong (I have been know to do that, being the person I am) but I don't think I have written about the Macks, only Holt and his constant drunken shenanigans and mishaps. Just looking for a bit of clarity.

[quote name='inwardscream']I don't know if I am reading this wrong (I have been know to do that, being the person I am) but I don't think I have written about the Macks, only Holt and his constant drunken shenanigans and mishaps. Just looking for a bit of clarity.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]No, you're very, very right. That should be addressed to Blayze (and will be in a second). You use the same font style, at least in your bios, and I was just quick-glancing through when I typed that. Sorry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Apologies, Kenso - I know that as wanted criminals the Macks should be keeping their heads down, but if you'll remember they're also stir crazy, and as such I think I can afford to have them turn a little bit reckless.

On a side note yay! I love cookies. Especially ridiculously huge chocolate-chip ones.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]I'll probably have a post up sometime later today, seeing as Kelly is just a bounty hunter, I imagine he can introduce himself to the sheriff without the need to have themselves a little face-off.[/SIZE]

I'm hoping this comes together and soon, I see a lot of promise in it.

Thing is, we kinda nailed our main antagonist right out of the gate, and need something else to do.

Like.... what would happen if someone were to find gold nearby? All the ruckus that would appear, and all the rifraff that would move in to search for it.

Just a thought in any case, since it seems like we're a bit stalled.

[SIZE=1]OK, looks like Clark ain't out for the count yet, necessarily. As Blayze is taking leave, we're going to assume the Macks decided to beat it, their better judgement telling them that our dear sheriff wasn't really worth tussling with for Clark.

Kent's (Zen) thing with Clark is personal, and I'm not certain he even knows there's a bounty out on Clark in Colorado, so unless our wedded couple decides to bust the news (meaning they're going to be leaving town practically as soon as they show up), Clark's got some time.

That said, anyone have any specific direction they'd like to see this head? As I said, I'm wide open to suggestions around here.
[/SIZE]

Well, I kind of think we should bring in a bit more of the day to day life in the old west, such as the gossip around the brothel or the shootin da bull that goes on at the saloon and Odin's smithy.

Plus if need be I can introduce some local rough characters to stir up the mix, we'd have our big bad and then we'd have my ugly who causes trouble but isn't really a bad person.