OtakuBoards

Dreams

tetsuo

well i know every one dreams at night but its a matter of remembering what you dreamt. i know its hard but if you can maybe you can remember what you have dreamed during the night or something you may have dreamed nights before. i was just wondering this because i have been having a recurring dream. its one where im walking in a clearing and i have on my back a quiver and bow. i walk for a long time until i reach a cliff and i jump off. i fall a short distance or so it seems and i land in a stream. i look up from the steam to the cliff from which i just leapt and it is a long drop. at the end of the stream is a dark cave that i start running towards. and behind me i hear thundering footsteps. so i reach for my bow and as im running i fire arrow after arrow but i never see what is chasing me. i just get into the cave and look back to see nothing. i go deeper into the cave and i wake up afterwards

then i have my normal dreams, my good dreams and my freaky dreams and then i have those dreams that i would like to keep to myslef right now.

i was wondering if anyone else had recurring dreams like mine. well not like mine but a dream that you have on a regular basis.
hopefull Im not alone.

I used to have a re-occouring dream where i was sking and i kept going over little bumps and they would turn into huge cliffs and i would fall and fall, and know the ground was coming and how much it would hurt, then when i hit it.... it diddn't hurt, but whenever i went off a cliff, i had the fear of knowing the pain was coming, allmost worse than pain itself.

But i got over it and i can hardly remember any of my dreams now. So i assume they are not there... allmost...

On another front of dream, if you don't remember the dream, then you don't remember having the dream. Because whenever i have a dream, i have the dream, then i wake up thinking about what i just experianced. So if you don't remember the dream, then you don't experiance the dream, which comes before you remember the dream or not!!

So, the whole dream remember thing is pretty crazy, it's like a paradox...allmost. It's allmost as confusing as the time-travel thing. Now don't get me started on that...

Guest Voodookanaka
um.....yup. i used to dream all the time that i had wings on my back, and everyone made fun of me for it....rather disturbing when i look back

Guest SUPER CLOUD
Ya i had a dream where i was in a car it kept speeding up i couldent jump out and just that part is the one thats repeted
then alot of freaky things happen

Well, I had this reoccuring nightmare for 8 years.... o_O but i won't go into that right now...

Lately, I've been having dreams where I'm in really big houses. The houses usually change their form, so it's not the same house in every dream. One thing in common, however, is that there's a lot of white, like the walls are white (always notice things like colors and elements that stick out and reappear if you ever want your dreams interpreted), and I'm always looking for secret passageways. Often I find them, like compartments in walls that open, and have stairways. I'm always searching, or looking for something, although my primary goal doesn't seem to be a desire to leave the house, just explore it maybe. Anyway, last night something different happened than usual. I found this door in a wall w/ a staircase, and I had seen this before in another dream. So I go to walk up it, but then, it turns out it was fake! I walk through the doorway to the stiarcase, and I find that it was a set to some movie/tv show, a backstage area. And I'm walking around thinking, 'what the...?!' Because I was expecting my dream to gojust like the others I had had of this sort. What's weird though, is I [i]knew[/i] I was dreaming, and it's like I was planning it as I went along, except the dream all of the sudden wasn't in my control anymore. I dunno..... it's not a big deal, but I'm trying to figure out what it means.

Anywho, I don't expect for people to actually read that, but it did help me out, typing that whole thing..... so yeah. :blah:

i kept having this dream i was running from the cops. they were shootin at me and i was trying to hide my drugs as fast as possible...:nervous: :worried:

I had this reocurring dream once, but I had it about once every year. It's weird cause it's just a bunch of differnt scenes. One is with a huge hot air ballon flying off a cliff that kinda look like the design of my bed blankets, another is this Log cabin and there's a hallow stump and some kind of animal that sticks it's head out and the last is somewhere with a person with outstreted arms and emitting this strange light and I wake up and it feels like my pillow has spikes sticking out of it and feels like I've been poked at all night. It's weird, I used to have it but sometime once in a while I wake up with that weird pillow sensation.

[color=indigo]Wow, what a coincidence. I was just about to post a thread about this wierd dream I have been having... As many of you know, I used to have a wierd flying dream, This dream has been replaced. I have a huge fixation on Musashi, probably the greatest swordsman of all time, and I have been doing a lot of research on him. Lately I have had a reoccuring dream that I am a moderen version of him...because I am well versed in his fighting techniques in the dream I am an incredible swordsman. The wierd part of the dreams are that they seem to be proggressive...I think its because I enjoy them, and will myself to continue the dreams...I'll continue my sdtory later gotta run now...[/color]

i used to have anightmare that was so wierd, and i was so little to be having such a complex dream with a complex meaning. i still dont know what it means, bu i havent had it in ages, yet i remember it the same as i would the mornings i used to wake up to it. it was so wierd, yet the most terrifying horror ive ever know. all i can see is black, like a grid covering my eyes. its like im in an old atari video game. there is borders surrounding the square like grid, and lines in them.the dream goes on for hours and hours and my goal is to break the lines to the size i want. i try for hours and hours to break a single line to the right size, and there is always more lines waiting to be broken, like if the strange being that put me here knows that i will never succeed.each time i break one i get sooooooooooooo extremely close, and i get even closer and closer every time. i must break a line about 1000 times each hour, and every time i get closer it seems mor farther to my goal. in this dream i finnaly know true frustration. i cant control my anger. each time i get more angry until it seems i cant even bare to breath, and my blood is boiling, but i cant do it no matter how hard i try. i mean by the fiftieth time in the first hour im absolutely furious, but there is still millions more attempts to get even angrier. i am shaking all over, and it makes me miss every time, i cant go on, how could i when im shaking so violently. but i know how many more chances i have, and i know ill never succeed, and i keep trying anyway. anger slowly turns to true, pure, raw and unfeeling hate. frustration slowly turns to true unbarable, un remorsefull feelings of no control what so ever. no one can ever know how hard it is to bare such emotion, and have it get worse, have it grow inside of me every second, doubling every time i fail. these things all gurgling inside my heart. each time i cannot emagine how i could take anymore, like my heart could truly burst, and i feel sorrow beyond all belief when i realize that the capacity of the human heart surpasses all, and i know that it will never be full. and i also know that i will never be finished, and i will suffer for all of eternity. 60 minutes is like 60 years. i feel like im dreaming for so long, it feels so real. i am scared not of the burden of emotion, but of the gut instinct of knowing that this feeling will never change, and i cant help but cry as i know my fate, and im so scared that no one will ever be able to change that. i guess it means that nothing will ever be perfect, and i am going to have to make do with the line the size that it is.

I used to have a recurring nightmare when I was about 5 that my lawn was a this horrible green swamp, but it was alive and would try and reach out and grab me as I walked past and the only way I could get it to leave me alone was to feed it oranges. In the end though the oranges would run out and it would grab me and suck me under, it was terrifying at that age as I really felt like I was suffocating and would wake up in a cold sweat. (Yes I know I'm really strange:D)

Another regular dream I had for years was about this huge alien civilisaton, it's cultures and wars and history. I'm very lucky that I have lucid dreams that I can usually controll and so this went on for about 3 years almost like a soap opera. I'm now writing a novel based on this and have had some interest from a publisher, so fingers crossed maybe you'll be reading my books in a few years time. *crosses fingers*:D

Well...I have dreams pretty regularly. Most of them are fairly nonsensical and some of them are even funny. But occasionally, when I meditate mostly, I have a reaccuring dream that disturbs me a little.

I start of in a pitch-black feild or room, with one single light focused on me. Then a single voice peirces utter silence. Its a lost little boy. He walks over into the the light and stands with me. Then, another presence enters the room. Its moves in and out of the light at first, kind of like its taughting me, then it starts moving in and hitting me and the boy. So, I take to protecting the kid. Then another presence enters the dream, he just pretty much stands there. Then I notice I'm holding something in my hand. The object begins to burn my hand, so I throw to the third presence. He takes it and slams it down on the ground. Then there is a sudden feeling of dispair in the dream. Then, a blazing white animal comes and takes me and the boy up and out of the black field, leaving the third presence to be assaulted by the second.

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]i kept having this dream i was running from the cops. they were shootin at me and i was trying to hide my drugs as fast as possible...:nervous: :worried: [/B][/QUOTE]

Son Goten, that wasn't a dream. That is why there is a cop outisde oyur house....................NOW

I don't have dreams that I remember. I haven't remembered a dream for years.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tetsuo [/i]
[B]well i know every one dreams at night but its a matter of remembering what you dreamt. i know its hard but if you can maybe you can remember what you have dreamed during the night or something you may have dreamed nights before. i was just wondering this because i have been having a recurring dream. its one where im walking in a clearing and i have on my back a quiver and bow. i walk for a long time until i reach a cliff and i jump off. i fall a short distance or so it seems and i land in a stream. i look up from the steam to the cliff from which i just leapt and it is a long drop. at the end of the stream is a dark cave that i start running towards. and behind me i hear thundering footsteps. so i reach for my bow and as im running i fire arrow after arrow but i never see what is chasing me. i just get into the cave and look back to see nothing. i go deeper into the cave and i wake up afterwards

then i have my normal dreams, my good dreams and my freaky dreams and then i have those dreams that i would like to keep to myslef right now.

i was wondering if anyone else had recurring dreams like mine. well not like mine but a dream that you have on a regular basis.
hopefull Im not alone. [/B][/QUOTE]

No way! I have had that same dream for about 2 weeks n ow...thats like really scary..

[color=crimson]I have dreams that all are linked to a recent event... and the most recent event was when all my dogs died....one got ran over and three others got sick and died, and this was all within 2 weeks of one another...first I had a dream that my Nanna's dog got ran over and I saw it...Then last night I had a dream that I was talking to Hercules...my dog that got ran over...and he told me that everything was going to be okay and I was crying and freaking out..it was so shocking...but I have dreams ALL the time..one time I dreamed I was riding on a motorcycle with Trunks for crying out loud...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson]I have dreams that all are linked to a recent event... and the most recent event was when all my dogs died....one got ran over and three others got sick and died, and this was all within 2 weeks of one another...first I had a dream that my Nanna's dog got ran over and I saw it...Then last night I had a dream that I was talking to Hercules...my dog that got ran over...and he told me that everything was going to be okay and I was crying and freaking out..it was so shocking...but I have dreams ALL the time..one time I dreamed I was riding on a motorcycle with Trunks for crying out loud...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

dont worry sometimes i have dreams of my cat silver that died 3 years ago. he talks like yoda, all wise and all knowing, with the same lack of sentence structure, and everything. i was kind of hoping he would tell me to trust in the force and all that good stuff. but then he told me to go after the bastards tha killed him and hack off their limbs with a dull machete, and bring their heads on a gold platter for him. then i go on my man hunt and instead of a machete i take an old hedge trimmer and some garden scissors, and my little bow and arrow with the suction cup tips. and i begin my search for the three guys that did it (i know it was three guys cuz they were all freaked out when my cats guts were all over the grill of their car, and i saw them in the car before they took off). i find each one one by one and i cut off each of their ears and make a pretty little necklace with them. and after that i wake up.

i feel so morbid sometimes. Is that bad?

well also sometimes i dream that im on the Flying Nimbus and just floating off to nowhere. so dont feel bad

I have two reaccurong dreams.

In the first one, i'm in a country like area and i'm walking down this road. There was a boy there and we talked for w hile till we reached his house, he said his name was tom and that if i wanted to talk to just stop by. when i came back the next day a lady opened the door, i asked for tom but the lady said that tom had been dead for 5 years now. Each time in that dream we talk about diffrent things and it's really cool.

The next one is more of a start wars setting. In the second one, am at a ball on Courscant, and i run into this guy, i can't see his face very well but he politely asks me to dance and i accept. We dance and dance out into the balcony and dance right into the air. he told me that we won't fall if i trust him, but some how i didn't and we fell from one of the tallest buildings. Each time his face gets clearer and clearer.

I have dreams about my thoughts...like if I have been trifling over a matter and dont know the answer to it..I usually have a dream about it...and my problem plays a part in it..and sometime I get the answer to it...Idunno, Dreams are weird weird things..
there just images ur brain makes up,
did u know u have bout 3-4 dreams a night and if ur lucky ur able to remember 2 of them..sometimes ppl dont remember any of them..but thatz how dreams are very weird complex images ur brain makes........:babble:

[SIZE=1]I have had two reocurring dreams:-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1] Well, I am outside this concrete surface.(Patio) Where people are having cups of coffee ,etc. And it joins onto a sort of half pipe dry slope (skiing) And I have just noticed I have got the ski boots and skis on by now. So I start to ride down this small halfpipe dry slope. All of a sudden, I realise I have went too fast, where the dry slope ends at a steep drop onto grassland. So as I am going too fast, I travel into the air for ages. And start to drop and its that feeling that I get. And then I wake up....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Well for the other one. I am standing on this tiny surfaced cliff with a wooden bridge connecting onto another tiny cliff. I step forward and a huge stampede of cartoon animals appear, and charge across the bridge, at a high speed. With a conversation noise. And then, my mum(mom) walks towards the wooden bridge, holds up her finger and says ' one'. And then I wake up[/SIZE]
My last reocurring dream only happens when I fall asleep on holidays at daytime.

When you started talking about dreams like that, I immediately thought of this dream I keep having over and over. In it, there's something that looks like Death, but it really doesn't feel like death. Anyway, my friends, my brother and I are the only people at this house. Every time I have the dream, it gets longer and more detailed, and so the last one was pretty long.

I was sitting at a table in the house with my brother, and all of a sudden, Death comes up and my brother dies. I run over to another table, and my friend is there, but then Death comes up and kills her. I don't even remember what friend it was, because I was so scared in my dream that I wasn't paying attention. And I ran as far away as I could, across a field that was on the other side of the fence that closed in my old elementary school's playground. Some of my friends were over there, and they asked me why I was running. I told them that Death was coming and if it came near you it might kill you. So we all ran alongside the back fence of the playground, but instead of being the way it normally was, there were two fences and we were running between them. There were a bunch of bricks and cement blocks in the way, so I had to use the fence to jump over the piles of them. All of a sudden, my friends started running the other way, like they thought Death was in front of us, and being in the front of the line, I was most afraid. One of my friends was slow at the time, so she didn't get that we were turning around. I yelled for her to run, but then she tripped over the bricks, and I had to help her up. And all the time, it seemed like Death was talking in my ear, saying, "Don't ever run alone..." and so I couldn't just leave her, because I knew I would die if I did. But then he took her, even though I didn't see him. I started running as fast as I could the other way, and I woke up.

Now that I think about it, it doesn't really make any sense, so even if you read it, it might still confuse you. It just kinda helped to get that out of my head... :cross: