OtakuBoards

The Witches

Akieen Cloud

"DUKE!" Damo hated to turn his attention from Jinx but he couldn't let Sin kill Duke. Sending forth a wave of mental energy he formed a shield between Duke and Sin.

As Sin lunged for Duke's throat he was bounced off giving Duke a chance to get up. "Sin...I'm sorry for doubting you before. It will never happen again and I'll be damned if I let this ass hole take you from us." As he finished he closed his eyes and allowed his Mind's Eye ability to take over. He saw the room and everyone in it. Including Kuma baring down on Jinx,

"I don't think so." Damo muttered to himself as he created a shield between Kuma and Jinx. He suddenly shot the shield forward towards Kuma sending him into the air. "Got Him!" Damo yelled to his teammates as he gripped him with his powers.

Sin suddenly lunged at Damo, in his state he forgot about Damo's ability to see everything in the room. As he past by Damo grabbed Sin and held him in place, thus losing his grip on Kuma. "Sin please, look what this man has done to Nayomi. Out of all of us, she is the only one who has never doubted you. Even for a second. We're just like....."

Suddenly a black bolt came out of Kuma's hand towards Damo. He quickly managed to summon a shield, but didn't take any energy from the hold he had on Sin. The bolt easily exploded through the hap hazard shield and sent damo rolling into the wall just an inch under a spike jutting from that wall.

Damo layed their stunned and unable to move as Kuma and Sin approached.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Nayomi's eyes snapped open and she stood up and shifted, running at Kuma and Sin she jumped over them biting into kuma's shoulder making his dark blood splatter to the floor, he grunted and fell to a knee, Sin kneeled beside him and helped him up.
"You see brother, they want to kill us both."
Nayomi growled, she was still bleeding but Sin's small healing spell and helped her get up and move.
"If I wanted to kill him I would have already done it."
She looked back as Damo stood up groaning.
"You alright Damo?"
He nodded and smiled at her, she had saved him again; just like before during the test when they first started. She was always like that, ever since they had all met one another, she had watched their backs with her life. She always stood infront of her team as a shield and gaurded them no matter what. He could only imagine what it felt like for the protector to have to fight the one she was protecting, she hunched down and growled as Kuma stepped forward, he smiled as Sin healed his wound and stepped back allowing for Kuma to have room. Kuma raised his hand and Nayomi's eyes widened as a huge black bolt formed there. She braced her self for the blow when she felt heat pass her and realized he was going for Damo. She shifted quickly and covered Damo with her body just as the bolt hit her in the back, screaming she felt Damo gab her shirt to hold her up as she slumped against him. She moaned as Duke came over and moved her so Damo could stand up. Duke shook his head as his shirt got soaked with blood from the wound on her back.
"Nayomi, hold on, just hold on."
"I'm not going anywhere Duke. You can bet on that."
She stood on her own and faced Kuma as a bright bolt hit him in the side, she smiled and looked towards Louis and Jinx as they ran forward as well. Rieku and the others coming rom behind them surrounding Kuma and Sin.
"Go for the problem, don't harm Sin no matter what."
She looked through the shadows and smiled more as JB cracked his knuckles.
"You'll pay for doing this to him."
Nayomi shifted again, her fur matted with blood, she hunched down and growled as Kuma stood behind Sin, she took a deep breath and nodded to the others.
"Forgive me Sin..."
She leaped forward and latched onto his arm, she winced openly as she tasted his blood on her tounge. She yanked him to the side and threw him onto her back, running as far as she could she yelped as he dug his foot into her back wound to stop her. She set him down as carefully as she could and headed back to the fight where she saw Kuma holding Duke above the floor by his neck, Duke's blood swirling around them, she ran forwards and latched onto his arm growling loudly.
"Nayomi! Stop, you've done enough."
She growled more and began to pull on his arm dragging him to the floor and letting Duke get a footing and get loose, even after she didn't let go giving the group a chance to get in a few good hits. She yelped as he gashed her muzzled deeply and blinked as her blood began to blind her, she closed her eyes and winced as he punched her over and over to try and break her hold on his arm. She nodded at the others telling them to take the opening but before any of them could hit him Sin was infront of him covering him. He looked down at Nayomi with solid black eyes and frowned down at her, her eyes widened and she dimly heard Duke yell out her name as Sin pulled his hand from her chest, his hand covered in her blood, her grip on Kuma loosened and he grabbed her by the back of the neck and threw her into the others, Duke caught her and put his hand over the hole in her chest in a feeble attempt to stop the bleeding.
"Nayomi, I'm sorry, I have to do something about him or he is going to hurt us all like this."
She shifted in his arms and grabbed his hand, shaking her head she spoke softly as blood filled her mouth.
"He's our brother, we can't hurt him."
"Nayomi, its alittle to late to be that way, he really hurt you, I can't forgive him for that."
She growled and grabbed his hand.
"He's not himself and he's family, you cant hurt him."
Duke sighed and nodded, smiling she felt her body jerk and more blood come from her mouth. Reiver knelt down and felt her forehead.
"She's going into shock, we have to finish this now."
Duke nodded and gave her a quick kiss on her forehead and stood up with Reiver ready for the last fight, Nayomi's coughs and sputters echoing through the cavern, all of them aware her life depended on finishing the fight this time.[/FONT][/COLOR]

"You're my bro's new darling huh?" A new voice echoed through the grand room.
"Who said that?!" Kuma demanded.
"Duke is such a whiner, I can't let you die. He'd [I]never[/I] shut up!" the voice continued.
"I demand you show yourself!" Kuma's screams echoed again
"It can't be..." Duke whispered "Gabriel?!"
"Survey says...[B]correct![/B]" the voice answered.
"Who the heck is Gabriel?!" Damo asked, looking around at the group to see if it was a former member like Reiver. The group me"You're my bro's new darling huh?" A new voice echoed through the grand room.
"Who said that?!" Kuma demanded.
"Duke is such a whiner, I can't let you die. He'd never shut up!" the voice continued.
"I demand you show yourself!" Kuma's screams echoed again
"It can't be..." Duke whispered "Gabriel?!"
"Survey says...correct!" the voice answered.
"Who the heck is Gabriel?!" Damo asked, looking around at the group to see if it was a former member like Reiver. The group members each shrugged as his gaze passed them over.
"Aww little Dukey didn't tell you about his big brother?" The voice chuckled.
"Big brother?!" Jinx cried out "You have a brother?!"
Duke nodded slowly. "Yep..."
"I don't care who you are Gabriel I will destroy you all." Kuma boasted grandly.
"Now you see" the voice replied "Mom would get pissed if I let you destroy Dukey boy. So I just can't do that." An instant later a black blur blew through the area. Kuma began raising his hand to fire a bolt at it but was too slow and the blur collided with him before he could counter attack. Kuma spun around and fell to his knees. The blur continued on full speed into the shadows again.

Seconds later the blur returned flying toward Kuma yet again, this time Kuma got a dark bolt fired off before it hit him. Although the blur simply weaved around the bolt with great speed and crashed through Kuma yet again. Kuma slid back on his heels but did not fall until Damo took advantage of the distraction. A wave of force hit Kuma in the chest a moment before he regained balance, sending him onto his back. Jinx launched a torrent of flames onto him as well.

Kuma stood once the attack was over, mildly burnt but any normal human would be disintegrated. the blur blew past Kuma from behind sending him through the air and onto his stomach for a landing. Just in front of JB. JB jumped forward into a triple forward spinning flip and ended it with one outstretched leg hammering into Kuma's back. He let out a small groan of pain, but stood before JB got into another attack.

Sin began running toward Kuma to aid him and heal his wounds but the blur flew into him carrying him away again, but dropping him before he became skewered on the wall. As Kuma stood again it was clear his legs were beginning to fail him. Duke caught sight of it and send a flat wave of blood clashing to the back of his knees. Kuma fell down on his knees gripping them in pain. "Come Sin, Help your brother!" Sin ran toward Kuma but on queue the black blur caught and carried him away again.

Kuma stood again and violently spun to the ground as Reiku send a powerful vibration through his body. Reiver froze him to the floor. Kuma send a wave of dark force from his body but the blur circled him tearing through the wave repeatedly destroying it. Duke and Damo pounded on Kuma with their abilities. Powerful jet-streams of blood and hard spears of force forced Kuma into making himself a small crater. Jinx was next, creating a horrific tornado of flame centered on Kuma. Reiku send a vibration through the ground causing it to erupt beneath Kuma sending him into the air. JB met him there with a strong vertical drop kick that smashed his rib-cage. Finally Damo threw Kuma into the air, only to be caught by the mysterious black blur which swiftly delivered him to his own spiked wall. Nearly 5 spikes pierced his body. He cried out in pain. Sin tried to some to his aid yet again but this time Damo held him still with his powers.

OOC: I didn't want to completely finish it just yet. And I'll give Gabriel's sign up in the next chapter. Black blur =Gabriel if anyone didn't catch that. Also if I missed anyone, sorry m me to edit if you feel it needs a change. PS- I can't right now but I am gunna run it through a spell check within the next few hours.
mbers each shrugged as his gaze passed them over.
"Aww little Dukey didn't tell you about his big brother?" The voice chuckled.
"Big brother?!" Jinx cried out "You have a brother?!"
Duke nodded slowly. "Yep..."
"I don't care who you are [I]Gabriel[/I] I will destroy you all." Kuma boasted grandly.
"Now you see" the voice replied "Mom would get pissed if I let you destroy Dukey boy. So I just can't do that." An instant later a black blur blew through the area. Kuma began raising his hand to fire a bolt at it but was too slow and the blur collided with him before he could counter attack. Kuma spun around and fell to his knees. The blur continued on full speed into the shadows again.

Seconds later the blur returned flying toward Kuma yet again, this time Kuma got a dark bolt fired off before it hit him. Although the blur simply weeved around ther bolt with great speed and crashed through Kuma yet again. Kuma slid back on his heels but did not fall until Damo took advantage of the distraction. A wave of force hit Kuma in the chest a moment before he regained balance, sending him onto his back. Jinx launched a torrent of flames onto him aswell.

Kuma stood once the attack was over, mildly burnt but any normal human would be dicintagrated. the blur blew past Kuma from behind sending him through the air and onto his stomach for a landing. Just infront of JB. JB jumped forward into a triple forward spinning flip and ended it with one outstreched leg hammering into Kuma's back. He let out a small groan of pain, but stood before JB got into alother attack.

Sin began running toward Kuma to aid him and heal his wounds but the blur flew into him carrying him away again, but dropping him before he became scewered on the wall. As Kuma stood again it was clear his legs were begning to fail him. Duke caught sight of it ansd send a flat wave of blood clashing to the back of his knees. Luma fell down on his knees gripping them in pain. "Come Sin, Help your brother!" Sin ran toward Kuma but on que the black blur caught and carried him away again.

Kuma stood again and violently spun to the ground as Reiku send a powerful vibration through his body. Riever froze him to the floor. Kuma send a wave of dark force from his body but the blur circled him tearing through the wave repeatedly destroying it. Duke and Damo pounded on Kuma with their abilities. Powerfull jetstreams of blood and hard spears of force forced Kuma into making himself a small crater. Jinx was next, creating a horrific tornado of flame centered on Kuma. Reiku send a vibration through the ground causing it to errupt beneath Kuma sendiing him into the air. JB met him there with a strong virtical drop kick that smashed his rib-cage. Finally Damo threw Kuma into the air, only to be caught by the mysterious black blur which swiftly delivered him to his own spiked wall. Nearly 5 spikes pierced his body. He cried out in pain. Sin tried to some to his aid yet again but this time Damo held him still with his powers.

OOC: I didn't want to completely finish it just yet. And I'll give Gabriel's sign up in the next chapter. Black blur = gabriel if anyone didn't catch that. Also if I missed anyone, sorry m me to edit if you feel it needs a change. PS- I can't right now but i am gunna run it through a spell check within the next few hours.

Sin crumpled to the ground gagging as if he were going to throw up, traveling at near light speed didn’t sit well with his stomach. The Tall man pat Sin hard on the back “Ha, that’s it kid let it all ou-“ Sin had grab his hand, twisted him and pined him on the ground, his fangs just above his neck. Suddenly Sin was pined, both hands behind his back and the larger male’s knee holding him down. “You’re fast, but I’m faster”

Sin’s eye shone with a dark violet light and the shadow of his aggressor came up from the ground and pulled the man off him, Sin jumped to his feet ready, and the shadow close by his side. Sin snapped his fingers and the shadow charged at ‘Speedy’.

Thinking that would keep him busy Sin started to run towards Kuma then suddenly stopped hold his arm which Nayomi had bitten, blood and a mixture of sickly black stuff was dripping from Sins arm the black ooze could be the taint of Kuma’s blood mixed with Sin’s. Sin staggered holding his head as the room began spinning, he held fast to the rough wall for support trying to focus on saving his ‘Brother’

He ran from the wall, Damo turned to meet him. “Out of my way” Snarled Sin, Damo made a punching motion and Sin flung backwards then into a hand spring landing on his knee still skidding to a halt, he placed his hands on the ground drawing a seal with the blood that was still running from his wound. “Shadow Summoning… Accio Arieto” a large wispy-shadowy ram formed from the seal and charged at Damo Sin ran right behind it as Damo sent a flurry on force punches to it and the Ram finally dissipated but in its smoke emerged Sin’s foot which collided with Damo’s face .

OOC:can anyone tell that I’m enjoying this too much? (Btw, The spells I use are simply latin fyi)

Damo hit the ground hard but sprang up as Sin started another charge. His lock on Kuma had been broken, but he was still pinned to the spikes unable to move. Sin sprang forward landed on one foot and swung around in an attempt for a quick roundhouse kick and then suddenly dissapeared.

"Where are you Sin? We have to.." He was cut short as he saw Sin appear behind him. "I can see you!" Damo yelled as he froze Sin in place. Turning towards the younger member of the group Damo made a fist....but dropped it. 'Sin, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm going to release you. Remember, Kuma wouldn't releasehis hold onl you. That's because he's not your brother, your friend, or even someone who cares. He just wants to use you to open the gate and unleash god knows what. We're your family And we love you Sin."

"Oh knock it off." Damo turned as he heard Kuma push off the wall. His wounds were bleeding badly but he didn't seem phased. 'Sin, if you won't be my brother. I'll just have to take you by force....after I deal with these runts." Suddenly a black bolt shot towards Damo.

"Damo use your shield!' Jinx yelled. Damo pretended not to hear her and allowed himself to be struck by the black energy. It took him staight in the chest and launched him across the room. Right on top of two spikes. As they tore through his flesh, One just to the right of his spine on his lower back, the other just to the left of this breastbone. He looked to Sin who seemed confused how he was still behind held by Damo's power.

"Remember....I....did this....for you.....my.......brother" Damo's limp body slid down farther on the spikes until they were both impeded by his bones. As he lay their bleeding, Damo, too weak to utter a word, remembered the first time he'd met Nayomi. He was so scared and shy, she made him feel welcome in the group even though he was so young and was nothing more than a hinderence to the team.

[I] "Don't worry kid, we're all a family here. Sure some of us are rough around the edges...cough cough Duke Cough. But any one of us would gladly give our lives for one another. Hopefully we'll never have to make that sacrifice but..you never know [/I]

As everything started to go dark Damo really thought about what she said. [I]he..Nayomi...take care of Jinx for me [/I] Damo hoped his powers would either take that message to her. Or better yet...he'd hoped he actually uttered that like he'd tried and the com link would take it to her. It mattered not now though. Nothing mattered...nothing except the rest he so soley fought...but he knew was inevitable.

“D-Damo…DAMO” Sin was running toward him he had finally shaken off the mind control half do to being free of Kuma’s tainted blood,. Sin jumped into a tackle but just as he touched Damo they were coming out of the ground near the back of the room, Sin maneuvered so he was holding damo’s limp body, and he landed on the ground softly.

“Damo I’m so sorry please forgive me…please...” Sin wiped the blood trickling down Damo’s mouth. Sin bite Damo on the neck... “Damo you will live, i promise…” Sin looked around everyone still fighting Kuma. “He wants the gate open well… that’s what I’m going to do.”

Everywhere went dark then back to normal but Kuma and Sin were in front the door Kuma didn’t know Sin was free of his control yet. Sin was muttering furiously in some odd language then a wall of earth rose to the ceiling cutting the others off from him and Kuma.

“I'm ready brother” Sin said swaying slightly, since Kuma’s blood had been drain from him he no longer had the power boost he received from it, Sin looked and kuma’s arm his was also bleeding Sin’s blood would soon drain from Kuma leaving him unable to throw shadow bolts and possibly escaped what Sin was planning.

“Good…good” Kuma looked down but Sin hung his head, his hair hiding his eyes.

“Let us go then” Kuma lead Sin through the door to a place that couldn’t be connected to where they just came from. They were on a tower of some sort and a large circular arc ‘like object was facing them. There was a seal just in front of it.

“Stand there,” Sin did as he was told, he felt ancient magic run through him, but he resist it drawing up a look of confusion.
”What’s wrong”

“I..I cant do it by myself I need help ..Brother” Kuma looked confused as if thinking it should have worked with only Sin standing there, he shrugged and walked forward.

Sin grabbed his hand tightly. Then concentrating on the gate “somewhere cruel,harsh and teaming with beast, some where cruel harsh and teaming with best” Sin was thinking hard then there was a rush of air and the portal started to open. Kuma’s eye grew wide with happiness.

“Yes…Finally the world shall kneel to- wait a minute…” Kuma had notice there was something odd at the other side, it was not where he wanted the gate to open.

“Sin this is no-“ Sin had stomped his foot then jumped smashing his head on Kuma’s.

“Your life ends here, you bastard… turning me on the only people whoever loved and cared for me…You will pay.” The last words came out through gritted teeth.

Kuma had the most infuriating look on his face, “You half blood wretch!” Kuma stood up fast but Sin lurched his hand forward into his wound, Kuma howled in pain. Then he stabbed into Sin’s chest with such force that his hand came out on the other side. At that moment a long purple tongue and entangled itself around Kuma’s leg he withdrew his hand from Sin’s chest trying to get free. Sin fell to the ground with a faint painful smile as the tongue pulled Kuma closer and closer to the portal.....

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]OCC: You really did enjoy that didn't you? LOL Okay everyone this chapter ends now, finish up with whatever you like and I'll be putting up the next installment tonight or tomorrow. I've been having a rough time, it's a long story so if I seem out of it forgive me its just my life sucks at the moment and the only way I know how to deal with it is right here. So I really hope to see some of you in the next chapter.

Nayomi grunted as Reiver gently pulled her off the spikes and put her on the ground by Duke and Damo. He looked up as Louis and Jinx brought Sin back and shook his head.
"Man is this going to drain me..."
He put his hands on either side of them and slowly began to heal them, it was around five minutes when they were all healed and moving. Nayomi walked over to Sin and gave him a quick hug, looking at him she smiled and patted his shoulder.
"You did good kid, you did good. It's good to have you back little brother."
He gave her a weak smile and nodded, looking around he smiled at the others as they welcomed him back. When he got to Duke he seemed dwindle alittle. Duke looked angry and walked up to him and gave him a quick but soft punch on the top of the head.
"If you ever let some one take over you mind again, I'll smack you harder than that you got me?"
Sin nodded and smiled. Nayomi stepped forward and took Duke's hand giving him a quick kiss on the cheek; she smiled as his eyes got big and the other raised their eyebrows at them.
"What?"
She leaned against him and smiled as Sin shook his head and teleported them back to HQ where they all went to the main room and sat down.
"What now?"
Nayomi shrugged and leaned on Duke closeing her eyes and resting.
"I say we rest and see what Red says when she gets here."
They all nodded and began to go to their respective rooms.[/FONT][/COLOR]

The pain was more intense than anything Damo had ever felt. It had started as a dull throbbing where the spikes had pierced his flesh. Then it steadily made it's way to the rest of his body. Now it was centralized in his neck....but why there?

As the night continued Damo broke into a cold sweat and was rolling in his bed. Suddenly he felt a prescence, closing his eyes he realized it was Sin. "Damo....I'm so sorry."

'What do you mean Sin? You've already apologized needlessly for over an hour with the group earlier. None of us regret anything, and besides the thing I'm mad about isnt that you fell under Kuma's power. Im mad you didn't just let me die, the way I'm feeling now I'd be better off dead.

The two shared a sarcastic laugh and Sin's mood became darker. "No Damo....I'm sorry for what I've done to you....You see i didn't think you were going to make it, and I didn't have enough time to conjure a healing spell. So I decided to...to change you." Before he could continue Damo interupted. 'Wait....you mean you...bite me?" Damo knew a little about Sin's powers and where they came from. "I had to, it was the only way to save you. When everyone was healed I tried conjuring a spell to reverse the effects while everybody was preoccupied, but unfortunatally it didn't stick. From your symptoms I'd say it worked to an extent and you're going to remain a "half breed" Meaning you won't have the immortality or shape shifting powers of a full blood. But you will probably go through some changes of your own. Sunlightshouldn't be a problem, but I'm not sure of the bloodlust. You may be okay and never experience any....but I'm not sure."

Damo was stunned. And even though he tried to hide it he knew he couldn't. It had to be apparent on his face that he was confused and afraid.

"Thank you Sin....' Was all he said.

"I'm sorry Damo...." Sin began to walk out the door with his head held low.

"No I mean it Sin, you saved my life and I'm going to be eternally grateful.'

"One more thing Damo....The first night is the worst. After that you won't notice the changes....as much."

As Sin left Damo tried to close his eyes. He was too exhausted to worry now. His biggest fear was how to break it to the rest of the group that he was now....different.

OOC: Big changes for Damo in the near future. I'll wait and "spring" it on the rest of the characters in the next chapter.