OtakuBoards

The Witches

Akieen Cloud

Louis cleared his throat, unfazed by the appearance of Quereen and Rekhat at the girl's sides. He couldn't quite make out definite shapes, but the presence of several powerful tomes made their existence rather apparent. He adjusted his spectacles, looking more closely at the two figures that seemed to substantiate like approaching strangers in the fog. One, it seemed, was a black wolf - the other, a black dragon.

His eyes widened suddenly as he realized he'd been silent for the better part of a minute, simply staring into the murky figures on either side of Kai. "Apologies, I forgot myself for a moment there. I bear you no ill will. I merely wish to ask you a few questions about the origin of your demon friends," he walked to his shelf, casting a very subtle spell that caused a few of the books to glow an eerie red. His finger hovered inches above the sea of spines, before one shone a bright yellow. Eagerly snatching up the skin-bound book, he sat at his desk, thumbing quietly through the pages, before coming across an illustration of two black figures.

A wolf and a dragon.

"Ah, so you would be Quereen and Rekhat?" Louis said, calmly, as if the demons before him were nothing more than troublesome students in a principal's office. He turned to Kai, smiling weakly, "These two are demons who only operate under contract. They are ancient evils, not quite elder, but still lords in their own right. Tell me, how did you come across them, and what contracts did you make?"

Kai was almost shaken by the unflinching calm in his voice, the intonation that made him seem only half-lucid, like the infernal threat before him wasn't entirely threatening, or even strictly real. Everything he said was breathy, absent, extremely pleasant, but entirely unnerving, for those same words seemed as though they were scarred on her brain, spoken not from without, but from within her head.

(Another short one, as I'd rather you describe where they came from. Sorry about the bit at the end, just a bit of character development.)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Nayomi felt the growl growing in her chest, walking down the hall she knocked on Louis' door.
"When your done want to know what you learn."
She walked to her room and stopped, she smiled slightly and shifted, clawing at Duke's door she looked up at him as he answered the door with large puppy dog eye and a small whine. He shook his head chuckleing and and let her in where she shifted and sat down on his bed.
"So, what do you think of Louis talking to her alone?"
Duke stiffened making Nayomi tilt her head to the side, he shrugged it off and continued.
"I wonder if he'll gimme good news about it, should probably head over to his room shortly."
She blinked as his body stiffened even more, she fell back on his bed and looked at his ceiling. She frowned slightly before sitting back up and standing.
"I'm gonna go see Louis and see what he's learned."
She headed for the dorr when she noticed his body as tense as it was.
"you alright Duke?"[/FONT][/COLOR]

"On guard." Kai comanded. Rekhat and Quereen stood dutifully as Kai crossed her legs. How he could speak directly to her frightened her, but she refused to be scared. She had two powerful demons not even in their most powerful form, and she was confident in their abilities to take down this person who knew too much about them. She turned to Quereen nodding. Quereen dipped his head looking right into Louis, no, right through him. time seemed to stop until Quereen looked back at Kai.
[I]Clear intentions. Mortal cuirosity.[/I]
Kai sighed. She could trust them then. she didn't know if that was what she wanted to hear...But she might as well tell them.
"Rekhat and Quereen..." She began with a pause.
"We met long ago when I was younger-"
"Twelve" Chimed Quereen verbally.
"Yes, my grandmother had a contract with them and she had gone crazy, she was convinced people were coming after her, so before she killed herself she asked me to take care of Quereen and Rekhat before 'they' took them and used them for the wrong reasons." she paused again. She hadn't told anyone the next part of the story so she skipped it turning to the contract question.
"I provide a place for them to stay, and souls for them to live off of. In return I recieve companionship, loyalty, and service. I was born a host so I host I have become." Her pure bell like voice seemed to get stronger with everyword.
"I was...scared, of the people, so when Quereen found your group...I had to follow. I thought maybe you would be able to help me, I can help you in exchange of course, but I have no where to go..." Her voice trailed off. She then looked back at Louis.
"They won't hurt anyone unless I will them to. You're all safe." Rekhat glanced at Kai, irritated she had told this mortal so much. So he looked up at the mortal with cold unfeeling eyes.
"Of course, that doesn't mean we have to enjoy your presence. Watch your back human."
Quereen snickered.
"He means it, which is the frightening thing." Kai relaxed a little, her pendant began to pulse with light so she quickly grabbed it and forced the light down. No way was she explaining that. Not ever again.
"So..." She glanced at the floor.
"Will you help us?"

Duke shook his head silently, not even facing Nayomi. "What's wrong Duke?" She asked him kindly waling around to meet his eyes. He shifted his glance trying to avoid eye contact as much as he could. "Duke! what is it?" Nayomi demanded growling slightly and grabbing Duke by the shoulders to get his attention. Duke looked at her for a moment just staring into her eyes. She could smell his pheromones, and hear his heart beat speeding up rapidly. "Duke???" she asked again, almost worried now. "Are you ok???"

Thousands of thoughts rushed through Duke's mind. Nayomi laying on his bed, Her oh so attractive 'puppy-dog' look, how she was still a little wet from the fountain earlier.

Duke mumbled to Nayomi "I'm sorry. I can't hold back anymore." Before Nayomi could respond Duke had his hands on her hips, pulling her closer, and his lips on hers. When he pulled her by her hips her hands slipped off his shoulders and slid behind his neck. Duke forgot himself in the moment and prayed Nayomi wouldn't resist his advances.

[CENTER][COLOR="DimGray"]Reiku sighed he was about to knock on Nayomi's door, he was a tired of waiting he wanted to get home. But he stopped after hearing their conversation he yawned and walked to Louis's room. He Knocked on the door with his cane and opened it. overhearing his and Kai's conversation.
"If you stay here, you'll need a room." Reiku said spinning his Kane around tapping it every so often
"You can stay with me I have a Cot in my room so you can sleep in my bed and I'll take the cot. That is of course if Louis allow's you to stay " He said as he sighed, he was sick of everyone ignoring him so he decided to inject himself into a conversation.[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Louis nodded, taking all the news in perfect stride. "You've arranged what demonologists call a 'Harvest Agreement'. They offer you power in exchange for your offering of souls. It's interesting to me that one so young as you are able to keep the reins on such power taut..." he stroked his chin, smiling as though Rekhat's remark had never been made. "Impressive, possibly a byproduct of pre-existing energies. You said that your family had a history of magic use?"

Kai nodded, explaining her family's connection to the arcane. As she did, Louis scribbled furiously in his journal, adding notes and appendices to her genealogy. He made a mental note to research the more prominent names she had provided, still writing after she had ceased speaking.

There was a curious silence in the room, punctuated by a knock at the door, Nayomi's voice requesting information, and the rustle of a pen against paper. The soundless hum of magic emanated from the books, and Kai could almost see a definite transfer of energy from the books into Louis as he wrote.

He stopped suddenly, and delicately tore a paper out of his notebook, holding it out for Kai, who grasped it, pulling it into her lap. "Now, you told me you needed help with something. While it would not be my decision whether or not we pursue your interests, I would like to know what they are. Your demons may not be a threat unless commanded, but..." he looked her in the eyes, "You will keep them in tow. Demons, as I am sure you know, are not pets. They are powerful beings, capable of ruthless destruction. The page you hold contains all known information about your... retainers, and may serve you well in discovering their hidden strengths.

"Now, if you could tell me your troubles, I'd be glad to put my team at ease about your presence..."

Suddenly, the door opened, and Reiku walked haplessly into the room, his cane flicking gently back and forth. "If you stay here, you'll need a room. You can stay with me. I have a Cot in my room, so you can sleep in my bed and I'll take the cot. That is, of course, if Louis allows you to stay..."

Louis stared blankly at him, "You bring up a valid concern, and if Kai will be staying with us, I'm certain we can make arrangements for her. However, we were covering one final bit of business. If you would be so kind, we will be ready very soon."

Kai digested this fingering the paper.
[I]Pets?!?[/I] spat Rekhat.
[I]Don't get your tail in a knot, he knows damn well we could rip him to shreads, he must be reffering to the fact that Kai seems to think we auctually like her.[/I]
Kai mentally rolled her eyes. *now you've done it* she thought looking down at the paper before the door opened so suddenly Kai jumped, but Rekhat didn't even flinch.
[I]human with a stick[/I]He muttered. Quereen snickered.
[I]They always use sticks of some sort, once it was clubs, then swords, then guns, looks like they went back to square one and stuck with a simple stick[/I] Quereen noted making Rekhat seemingly smirk. They often liked cutting humans down, they did it so much Kai was almost immune to it.
"You can stay with me I have a Cot in my room so you can sleep in my bed and I'll take the cot. That is of course if Louis allow's you to stay."
Louis stared for a second.
"You bring up a valid concern, and if Kai will be staying with us, I'm certain we can make arrangements for her. However, we were covering one final bit of business. If you would be so kind, we will be ready very soon." The blind boy sighed before turning and exiting. The door closed behind him and Kai turned back to Louis. Rekhat glanced at the door casually then at Kai.
"Go on. Tell him, you already told everything elese." He said rolling his eyes. Quereen rolled his eyes too.
"should have stopped her Rekhat. Her mouth has landed us in enough trouble already." Kai mentally winced.
"Drop it Quereen." She ordered firmly. Quereen rolled his eyes against settling back down and closing his mouth. Her eyes lingered on the dragon for a second before turning back to the task at hand.
"My grandmother was not crazy, there were people chasing her. Who they are and what they want are hazy, all I know is that they've been trying to kill me to break the contract before I can choose the next person to pass it down to. What they intended to do with Quereen and Rekhat can only be described as horrifying..." Her voice filtered off and her eyes looked foggy for a second before snapping back.
"They aim to create...a new world order. They want to eradicate all the 'imperfect' humans and the only way to do that is to get both Quereen and Rekhat into Blood soul state. A state of pure energy that requires an immense amout of souls to even achieve...how they plan to achieve it is obviously no problem, which makes them all the more dangerous. And I'm not giving these two up without a fight!" She said the last words louder and with more power and passion than she meant to add. She imediatley recoiled then looked at the ground before up at him.
"They may be monsters, and you may not believe me when I say it, but they are my family. And I care about them..." She looked away for the last time. She didn't care if she was crazy, or if the relationship was one sided. She would always care about the two demons, reguardless of the warnings.

[COLOR="DimGray"][CENTER]He nodded and took a seat and nodded before standing up and tapping his cane along the ground "I will set it up" he said as he left and went to his room he rustled threw the closet pulling a large cot. he set it up next to his large stero and yawned and got up and went back to louis's room.
"It's all set Miss Kai, and your demon friends are also welcome. Reiku said happily

(sorry for the sort post this char was made for action not for relaxing so my post are short) [/CENTER][/COLOR]

After a moment's thought, Louis nodded, standing from his chair. He walked before the two demons, who eyed him dangerously. He stooped, looking them both in the eyes, as he spoke to Kai. "I know what you mean. Come, I'll present you to the group."

And with that, he opened the door for her, gesturing down the hall.

(Sorry to make it so short. I just figured I'd resolve that scene. I'm moving out of my dorm right now, so my replies will be a bit sporadic for the next little while.)

Sin sat dumbfounded then his face contorted into a hurt and confused look. ?A right Git that one is eh?? His question directed at no one. ? So I guess he senses my demonic energy but not blood? Sin was pretty sure no one else would pick it up unless those damned demons open their maws or if he should bleed the wolf leader would pick up his weird scent.

?Maybe it was a mistake ever agreeing to that transfer? He mumbled

?What?d you say Sin?? said Damo.

Sin looked up wiping sweat from his forehead. ?Nothing..Nothing at all mate. I?m going to my room for the night.

Sin got up not waiting for a reply. His knees almost buckling this was the first time being in the presence of demons since he was in the other realm in his mother?s domain.
It was putting him on edge.

Sin walk into the hallway then looked up at the ceiling. Willing himself to the roof of the hotel. ?Anywhere is better than here right now?

Kai rose and Rakhat and Quereen followed her as she left the room and into the hall. It felt good to be out in more open air again, she was starting to get antsy sitting there and being inspected like that. She walked down the hall to where the people she met earlier were sitting. She felt the stares and could tell it annoyed Rekhat like nothing elese could.
"Take a picture, it lasts longer." He growled. Quereen snickered his red eyes flitting over the group as apprasing as his demon companion on Kai's left. She stood erect unsure if she was supposed to smile or shake hands, so she just stood straight under their microscopes trying to appear friendly and less of a hostile invander. Which must look like she was from where they were sitting. She cleared her throat.
"I'm going to be staying with you for a while. I'll try to help in anyway possible." Her light airy voice said nervously as she messed with the bottom of her shirt uncertainly. She was always nervous around new people, well, she was susually always quiet and nervous. Years of being followed and near death expierences did that to a girl. Suddenly Rekhat tensed.
[I]Follow me.[/I] he said taking the lead. Kai blinked then offered a look of apology to the group before hurrying after him.
[I]I knew somthing was wrong, but the dilluded scent had me thrown. Quereen! Why did you not alert me? I was sure I had sensed demonic energy, but I assumed he was just a touch demon. Not a full flegded halfbreed![/I]
Kai hurried to keep up with the demon wolf before he froze in a hall staring down a boy about Kai's age.
"Are you the child of the demon I think you might be the child of?" Rekhat ordered. Kai winced. He had a way with being forward that she really didn't apperciate, and judging by the look on his face, he didn't appreciate it either.

?If you?re senses sparked that thought why should you question it? Snarled Sin fangs sprouting. Sin back away slowly.

?Look I escaped here years ago to get away from your world and the last thing I need is for you to ruin what little peace I have. So how bout you scamper off and be about your business and I?ll stay out of your way.? Sin was frustrated this wolf ? fiend knew too much. ?I just want to live a simple life.? He thought to himself.

The wolf growled and the dragon snickered saying ?When do you feed and on what??.

Sin closed his eyes concentrating on changing his fangs.

?Look why don?t you just bug off you lizard!? Sins eyes were starting to get cloudy.

"What a [I]royal [/I]pain" Sneered the dragon

?Don?t you have any control over them? You could just silence them right?? Sin asked with pleading watery eyes.

It'll all seemed to happen so fast. First this girl crashed through the window. Damo did his best to take charge until Nayomi arrived but it seems like he was just ignorned. [I]Grr that's aggrevating. There's no reason Louis couldn't have interegated her with the rest of us. What would he have done if those demons would have decided to attack. As a group we could've dispatched them easily. Foolishness[/I]. Damo began walking out of the room to go find Nayomi.

About to knock on her door Damo heard a noise from inside. Muffled at first it became clearer by the second. [I]Oh dear god, what the hell[/I] Damo decided he was going to go back out and finish his walk. Maybe scout around for the men who were after Kai...it indeed there were any. [I]I just need to clear my head[/I]

As he walked past Jinx Damo grabbed her shoulder. "Hey do me a favor, when you hear someone leave Nayomi's room go find her and tell her I'm going for a walk and I'm going to see if I cant validate Kai's claim...or disprove it. Either way I need to get out of here".

Not waiting for a reply Damo exited the mansion in an angry state. [I]Don't see why Louis couldn't wait for Nayomi...she's the leader afterall. Oh well, not like anyone would listen to your protest anyways.[/I]

The night air chilled Damo as he began his walk around down town rome....

OOC: This will be my last post until either Sunday night or Monday morning, so anyone feel free to manipulate my character as you see fit....well as long as that doesn't lead to my death...that would suck.

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]JB smiled as a small cute Husky puppy ran toward him and began to jump around his legs, begging to be played with, the sky was blue and the scenery was that to the effect of a meadow, "Here you go...now fetch!!" JB said as he threw the red ball, the puppy chased after it and seized the ball in it's mouth, but just as it began to run back, the puppy spit the ball out, swayed for a moment, then collapsed...instantly dying on the spot. "What the fuck?!" JB exclaimed as he ran toward the now lifeless puppy. "He's dead....but how?...why?" While examining the puppy, the red ball that it spit out began to move, and the once blue sky grew darker "Huh?" JB said with a confused look on his face. He watched as the ball moved, contorted, and began to get bigger and bigger, eventually taking shape into a figure...the figure of a red cloaked individual.

Immediately recognizing the red cloak and the symbol that was embroidered unto the side of the hood, JB viciously said, "So it was you who killed the puppy huh?! Well prepare to die Innocents!!" and with that being said JB charged the red cloaked individual, expecting to tackle him, JB went right through him and instead, found himself falling off the edge of a cliff. Not panicking, he held his hands below him and shouted out an incantation, "No Navi Nare!" and immediately he began to float in mid air.As he turned around to face his hooded opponent, he began to fall once more, "No Navi Nare!" he shouted, but this time it didn't work, "NO NAVI NARE!! Shit it's not working!!" Then out of nowhere he saw it, each one of his teammates unconscious falling besides him into the depths of the unknown, "Jinx! Damo! Nayomi! Duke! L’anseny! Louis!!" It was no use...they were all unconscious, falling to their deaths and there was nothing that JB could do to stop it. Suddenly JB stopped in mid-air while his unconscious counterparts continued to fall, "NOOOO!!" he screamed as he helplessly watched his makeshift family fall into a pit of darkness, then appearing before him was the red cloaked individual, "COWARD!!!" JB screamed as tears began to pour down his face, "SHOW YOURSELF!!!!!!" and with that, the cloaked individual began to slowly pull off his hood. [I]-poke-poke-poke-poke-[/I]

JB awoke with his heart hurriedly beating, drenched in a cold sticky sweat, and to being poked in the temple by a paper airplane. Grabbing the paper contraption, JB let out a thankful sigh, "It was only a dream....but it felt so...real...and why was that cloaked 'Innocent' guy there too...?" Convincing himself that it was because of the mission, JB began to unravel the paper airplane that he knew Lewis used as form of communication, [I]'JB, sorry to awaken you, but we have company.' [/I] Rolling his eyes, JB whined, "What's this all about?"

Walking to the door, he couldn't help but think about that dream, it felt unlike any other dream he'd had before. As he opened his door, he saw broken glass all over the floor, a broken window, a girl that was surrounded by a small dragon, and wolf-like dog, and a watery eyed, furious looking Sin. "Uh.....did I miss something?" JB said while scratching his head.

[CENTER]*********************[/CENTER]

OOC: Like Drizzt, I'll be gone until Sunday night, Monday morn so feel free to use JB....just don't do anything too drastic like get em hurt or killed or anything. Oh and don't forget to make that post in the underground thread Knuckle's Girl ok? See y'all laterz! :D [/COLOR][/SIZE]

"Heel you two." Kai commanded. Rekhat and Quereen were already finished through so simply stoped thinking of fun names to call this little oddity. Thats when another boy stepped onto the scene.
"Uh did I miss somthing?" He asked. Rekhat turned nonchalantly with a sigh.
"There are more?"
Quereen shook his head.
"Maybe they're living in a primitive pack again. Like I said before, one step backwards Rekhat." Kai sighed Glancing from the angry one to the calm one.
"My name is Kai." She said quietly before turning to the angry one again.
"I apologize for their actions. But I cannot control their opinions or thoughts. Those are part of their free will. I promise I will keep them quiet." She had a slight pleading note in her eyes. She didn't want to be kicked out onto the street again because of Rekhat's and Quereen's dislike of humans or oddities. She turned back to the new comer who was looking confused.
"Like I said before, my name is Kai. I'm going to be staying with your...group, for a while. I'll help your...cause in anyway I can." She smiled slightly to both of them.
She turned to both the demons loyally at her side. She pointed to the black wolf.
"This is Rekhat." She explained then pointed to the dragon.
"This is Quereen." she looked up again. "They won't hurt you or anyone elese without my command, so you are all safe."
She paused turning to the angry one.
"I'll do my best to keep them under control." She said to them both but more to him.
"who are you two?"

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Nayomi closed her eyes as she felt Duke's lips on hers. She sighed a little as he moved to her and she nipped his neck lightly drawing a small amount of blood and licking it away. She heard him groan and smiled against his skin.She pulled away slowly.
"As much fun as this is, we need to get some sleep so we're at full strengh tomarrow."
He nodded slowly.
"Y-Yeah."
She kissed his cheek and left his room, once outside she leaned on his door, a girlish giggle escapeing her lips. She looked up and blushed as she saw Jinx stareing at her.
"Hey Jinx, we should get to bed so we have enough energy for tomarrow."
She entered her room and lay on her bed for hours, her mind racing from what happened earlier. She shook her head and growled quietly. She was letting this get to her, she couldn't get distracted like this, she had other people's lives on her hands and she couldn't let something like this get in the way of that, she got off her bed and looked out her door to see Damo walk down the hall to his room.
"Damo, it's late, you alright?"
"Just got back from a walk is all."
"Did you see anything?"
"No."
She nodded and stepped out heading for the kitchen when her ears picked up a scream from outside. She walked to the window and looked down only to see a mob of red walking down the street. She growled loudly. She ran down the hall banging on all the doors.
"Get up! We have a job to do!"
She ducked into her room and grabbed her claws and ran back out, happy to see everyone geared up and ready to go, all but Kai.
"Reiku, where's Kai?"
"I did not see a reason to involve her, she is new."
"Yeah? So is Sin but he's going to pull his weight. If she's staying with us, she has to earn her keep. Louis get her and meet us down there!"
She ran down the hall, the others close behind her, she tucked her head down and went straight through the window shifting as she fell. Screams echoed as she landed in front of the mob, they were now faced with a black wolf the size of a bear. She growled dangerously as the others landed beside her.
"After the children are we?"
A young man detached him self from the mob facing her.
"They are the key to eden, we must have them."
Nayomi's fur bristled.
"You would kill hundreds fo children just to test a theory!?"
"Our beliefs mean nothing to you; go home and stay out of our affairs. The children will be sacrificed for our future."
Nayomi's growls grew fiercer.
"That's bullshit! How do the mothers feel?!"
"The mothers had no choice, the children will meet them in eden."
Nayom's eyes widened as realization dawned on her.
"You killed them?!"
"They fought, it is against the texts, we had to send them to eden to show them what was waiting for all of us. The children will lead the way."
Nayomi's eyes shifted from the man as her sensitive ears picked up the cries of children coming from the back of the mob. She spoke to her team for the first time.
"Sin, you teleport your self, J.B, and Kai to the back and get those kids out of there, kill as many of these bastards as you have to. I don't care how much of their blood stains these streets."
They nodded and put their hands on Sin's shoulders, in a flash of shadow; she heard the screams she smiled knowing that they were doing their job.
"Louis, you take Reiku and head to the left of the mob, Jinx, Damo, you two head right, make them cluster together. Duke, we'll go down the middle."
He nodded getting ready to attack, she waited till she saw Louis's magic as a signal, she ran through the mob till she found the young man again.
"Lets see if your eden really exists."
She barred her fangs at him.
"Beasts should be destroyed before someone gets bitten."
He dew a large sword, she smelt the coppery scent of blood as well as the sharp smell of poison. As the rest of the mob followed suit her senses became overpowered. She spoke into the internal com link the entire team had been fitted with.
Watch the swords, they're poisoned."
Recieveing an affirmative from the team. Chaos rained down on the mob as the team ripped through them with out mercy. Fire spread as Jinx and Damo did their job, smelling Duke's blood her heart swelled with pride as her teams got into perfect sync. She dodged through the group going after her own kill, he was poised and ready with his sword as she charged at him. His fist slammed into her muzzled making her yelp, shifting quickly she flipped back as his sword whistled by her. She growled and flipped forward her steel claws slicing through his robe drawing blood. The smell of his blood drove her into a frenzy. She licked the blood from the claws and charged back into the fight. He swung at her and groaned as her fangs sank into his arm. She hissed as she felt his sword graze her leg.
"Damnit, Louis, do you think you could figure out the antidote for this poison."
"I am sure J.B and I can figure it out without a problem."
"Good."
She barred her teeth, shifted and lept for his throat; she whimpered as his sword went through her shoulder. She pushed through his attack and sank her teeth into his throat killing him. Shifting back she yanked the sword out of her shoulder and charged back into the mob, killing who ever got in her way.

OCC: Okay, big edit here but we should all be back and ready to move on by tomorrow. Alright we have some action! These guys have no special powers but they are master swordsmen, their blades are poisoned. I'll end the killed spree in a few posts till than kill to your hearts content and keep an eye on the back stage.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

"Keep up if you can Jinx!" Damo yelled as he made his way to the right flank of the men. Damo went into a baseball slide as a sword narrowly missed his head. [I] Antidote or not that woulda killed me either way [/I] Coming up in a roll Damo's daggers were already in his hand. "Common let's do this" Damo growled.

The man slowly drew a second shorter blade and began charging at Damo. "Yipes!" Both men's blades rang loudly as they met, a second clang. Just as Damo realized Jinx wasnt going to make it before the other men surrounded him.

"Sorry bout your luck big guy but I don't have time" Damo immediately lept bak bring a nearby branch full force into the back of the mans skull, dropping him to the ground completly unconscious. "Hmmm Jinx, at this ratethey're just going to keep scattering towards us....unless" Damo glanced over at a nearby tree a small smileon his face.

As Nayomi left his room Duke collapsed onto his bed. "Whoa, I can't believe I just did that." He was trying to sleep when he heard Nayomi's voice again, this time calling for the team for aid. Duke jumped out of bed and slid his 'gear' into his pockets. heading outside Nayomi gave the group their instructions and, as he would prefer, she said he was sticking with her. He met his first opponent instantly as Nayomi charged in Duke had to be careful, avoiding the swords while also drawing blood from himself. The cloaked man was tall but oddly skinny, he quickly drew a long rapier style sword. Duke glanced at the skinny man's form and it was obvious he was skilled.

"Why do you fight to keep us from Eden?" the cloaked man questioned Duke as they circled each other for a moment.

"Cuz you guys are wrong about how to get there." Duke answered with a strong tone "Besides, if it even exists you cloaked nut cases don't deserve Eden!" His explanation angered the skinny man greatly, causing him to lunge forth with the rapier. Duke parried smoothly and reached into his pockets, taking out two X-acto knives.

Looking at the man's own sword, then at Duke's fine knives, the man said "I do hope you are very skilled with those. I would hate to kill you too quickly." Duke just chuckled at the idea.

He pulled back his sleeve and put one of the knives to his right wrist, then proceeded to slowly pull it up his forearm to his elbow. The blade was extremely sharp and easily sliced through Dukes skin. Even with the man's experiences killing women and children, he still had some trouble watching Duke cut open his own arms. After putting the X-acto knives back in his pockets, Duke let the large gashes along his arms bleed for a few seconds. Blood flowed down his palms and dripped from his fingers, pooling in the ground by his feet. "This will do." The robed man just stared, questioning Dukes actions.

Duke then flung his arms up toward the cloaked man, his blood followed swiftly. As the robed man slashed through the blood avidly it continued to bash him around violently. Duke had noticed the man wielded his rapier in his left hand and always kept his right firmly behind him. Knowing this Duke made a punching motion towards the man, though instead of a regular fist Duke extended his index and middle finger as he punched. While not close enough to hit him with his hand, the levitating blood jutted forth with extreme force, actually punching a hole in the man's left shoulder. The man groaned loudly in agony as he fell to one knee, dropping his sword and clutching his shoulder with his opposite hand. "How did you...?"

"Poke a hole in your arm?" Duke finished the question "simple, I just concentrated the blood into a fine stream then shot it at you in a stream. You know, like the water-jets some car companies use to cut through sheet metal." The man just clutched his bloody shoulder breathing deeply. "Well done with you." Duke held his hands up one elbow down, one up with both hands palm out. Blood flowed around the man's head and before he began struggling, Duke made a quick spinning motion. Spiralling his hands around one another. The blood followed suit, creating a powerful current twisting the mans head and cracking his neck in about a second.

Duke looked for who was next but his search was interrupted when he heard Nayomi yelping in pain. Immediately he channel his blood in the direction of the cry and forced apart several cloaked men. Nayomi continued to fight her adversary and the often flash of fire or scream of pain signified the others were hard at work as well.

Duke ran over and stopped roughly 10 feet from Nayomi, as to not accidentally get in her way while also covering her back. Duke grinned cruelly as he stood in a more sturdy position and raised his hands. His thumbs were up and his index and middle fingers were pointed out, as when children pretend they have guns. Duke closed one eye and spun around the group of cloaked men. He made successive 'shooting' motions with his hands, pulling them back as if there were recoil to his shots. As he did a narrow jet stream punched a hole for every 'recoil' Duke preformed. This was the, soon to be infamous, [I]wild west[/I] technique Duke had been perfecting the past few weeks before the final exam. Usable efficiently only against a large group, he didn't feel the need to use it one on one against the bomber girl he faced earlier.

Both the blood already flying about and more blood from the slits up his forearms flew out as Duke repeatedly 'shot' at his seemingly endless opponents. One man got behind Nayomi as she finished off a cultist, and prepared to chop her down the back as she leapt toward another man. Duke gave him a dirty snare, before the man's blade fell Duke cleared easily 10 or more holes in the man's body. His main focus was on protecting Nayomi's back but if anyone got too close to himself, he would put a quarter sized tunnel through one or both of their knees.

As the body count rose, Dukes vision began to blur. His eyesight was shaded only in varying reds and no matter what he did they just became redder, nearly blinding him. [I]'A magic spell?'[/I] Duke thought quickly [I]'No that couldn't be it. Louis would have sensed and stopped it in seconds.'[/I] No this was something much harder to simply stop...[I]'My powers!'[/I] Duke realised the problem he had now was one he had faced before. Whenever Duke got a little eccentric with his abilities, his eyes would soon glaze over appearing to be solid orbs of red, which was what Duke got to see through, or at least attempt seeing through. He knew it was just a barrier to a new branch in his powers but he had yet to learn the focus he needed to maintain in order to utilise it.

Duke dropped to his knees breathing deeply, his knees mad a feint splash as they hit puddles of red blood. He was surrounded by either dead or dying cultists. Though from what he could still make out there were somehow more cultists to be taken down. As the sea of red, that wasn't his, continued producing opponents for his allies, Duke stumbled to his feet. And for fear of becoming temporarily blind, as he had done before, Duke decided to take up one of the cultists styles. He reached down to one of the groaning men crumpled around him and picked up twin short blades, they were curved like sickles and had the unnerving glint of some dark green liquid when held to the light. Duke began cutting through more cultists, blinking often to quicken the regain of his sight, and trying to be careful to avoid the blades of his enemies. He cursed himself for not being able to control the extent of his powers...yet.

OOC: Sorry for the huge post, love the fight scene's and got a really good idea to advance Duke's powers while keeping him from being too overpowered.

[CENTER][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DimGray"]Reiku heard Nayomi cry out for the gang he smirked
"It is about time" he said calmly as he called Kai over
"Kai, I apologize for this but Nayomi said that you must fight so please prepare and meet me out there" Reiku said to her as he removed a thin rubber cover over his cane to reveal a pure metal one he jumped from the window and joined Louis on the left side as the Cultist looked at him
"You as one who cannot see must understand our purpose to find Eden where you can see again" they said he growled
"I may not have my eye's to see but I can see that what your doing is wrong" he said as the Cultist charged at him he smirked. He spun his cane around and hit a light post the cane rang out like a big tuning fork he concentrated and suddenly he slashed his cane like a sword. Suddenly a cultist bled and died he smirked
"Prepare you" he said as he charged at the cultist. Sword and cane met and before a counter could be made the cultist would have a cut. It was like he was fighting with an invisible sword. A cultist tried to stab him he used the sound to accelerate his particles and the blade passed threw him and killed a cultists he smirked he was having a good time.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Louis ran serenely to the leftmost flank of the cultists, Reiku following in perfect step.

He summoned a bright flash of arcane light, that turned many of the group towards him, and also began the attack. The stunning flash left many of those around him in a vulnerable daze, and Louis appreciated Nayomi's impressive foresight in sending Reiku with him, as the spell was tangent on one's ability to see it at close range.

Louis's hands fluttered and swayed with the emergence of another spell, and he surrendered himself to the arcane energies that sprang forth from the elder grimoires. The runes flashed before his eyes, filling his body with ecstatic delight. He laughed as several cultists were swathed in hellish fire, burning black with vengeance. He could see their eyes wither, their mouths twisted in horror as screams failed them, their breath stolen away by the dark flames. He could see their skin blister and boil as the flames licked and burned it away. The sight was horrifying.

Already he was casting another spell, feeling lightheaded as the elder script wrote itself delicately in his mind, white hot and painful. He could hardly wait for the archaic hand to finish its scribing, as needles of ice surrounded him, exploding into the cultist crowd. He had no time to begin casting another spell, as a sword swung towards him, missing him by centimeters. He staggered backwards, casting a very quick spell that disarmed him, the sword floating in the air above the cultist before crashing down point first into his body.

Louis stepped back from the swirling melee that the battle had become. He couldn't afford to misfire and hit his teammates with his more powerful spells, instead opting to cast ones that would enhance them.

Suddenly, Nayomi was considerably larger than a bear. Her wolf-form had become large, and extremely fearsome. Her eyes and teeth glowed reddish white, and her fur became shiny, almost metallic.

Immediately afterwards, a blow intended for Damo was deflected by an invisible shield, the sword shattering and piercing its owner.

As Louis concentrated to cast a spell on Jinx, he stopped. The words and scripts were gone, replaced by the image of her smile. He tried to call the spell, but all he could think of was her. He cursed himself, gritting his teeth as he managed to turn his attention to Reiku, causing sonic vibrations within the enemies around him that he could use to harness his power.

He sighed at his helplessness to ignore the presence of Jinx in his mind as he continued to support the team, each spell seeming more difficult to cast without the effortlessness of an empty mind...

(OOC: I didn't want to make my character seem like a precision nuclear bomb or anything - sorry if the first two spells were excessive. Also, in other news, Louis has emotions! What a twist! :animesmil)

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Nayomi howled loudly and charged through 4 more men, blood spattering the ground behind her as she continued to fight. She turned as she herd Duke pick up a couple of blades. She frowned as she caught the red tint in his eyes.
"Duke, are you alright?!"
He nodded and pointed behind her, spinning around she killed another man and as she smiled and ran forward she was stopped by the largest man she had ever seen in her life. Easily 8 feet tall and 3 feet wide at the shoulders he towered above her. His weapon was a huge hammer the size of her. She swallowed hard and readied her self for the fight for her life. She dodged to the left as he swung the hammer down, a crater was left where she was standing.
"Oh boy...this is going to be interesting."
She rolled and bumped into another man, this one her size she spun on him and ripped out his throat, turning she had just enough time to dodge before she was flattened. She screamed as shards of stone from the road pierced her arm and leg.
"Damnit!"
She shifted and jumped to the side, it was than that she felt a pull at her heart, her sight became tinted red as she went into a blood lust, she felt as if she was pushed to the side in her own mind as her animal half took over.
'Son of a bitch! Not now!'
It was something that she was fighting ever since they had made her the way she was. It had happened before in training, she had turned on Louis the last time it had happened and it took Damo lifting her off the ground while she settled down before she could be let loose. She watched helplessly as her animal side began to fight, wounds appearing on her body from the wind of the huge hammer.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Duke' heart nearly stopped when h heard Nayomi scream. He darted toward her but leaned back and nearly fell over as an enormous hammer missed his head by only an inch or 2. "Holy shit!" Duke exclaimed looking at the huge man behind the hammer. He looked to Nayomi and noticed how feral se was becoming. "Oh this could suck" Duke told himself remembering the last time she went feral like that.

He blinked and rubbed his eyes some more. His sight was starting to return to him. Duke thought quickly for a moment then tried getting closer to the giant man. A barely missed hammer swing and rolling dodge later, and Duke was face to stomach with the large man. "What are they feeding you dude?!" Duke asked hypothetically as he dodged the hammer yet again. The man's focus was clearly on Nayomi, which didn't sit well with Duke. He flipped one of the sickles around to a backhand style and stabbed it into the giant's thigh. The huge brute simply frowned and continued his onslaught.

Duke checked on Nayomi, becoming more animalistic ever more. He ran over to her ducking the hammer then jumping it to get to her. "Nayomi!" he called out "chill!" She gave no visible or audible notice that she heard him. "Damn it! Still too far" Duke got within a few feet over her before talking again. "Come on Nayomi, you can control this. Think about it, you're stronger than that, don't let it control you." This time she answered him, but not in the way he'd prefer, more of an offensive growl while baring her teeth. "Yah, this could definitely suck a lot...Nayomi! Him, that guy, over there! Uhh get him!" Duke scrambled to handle the situation as best he could.[I] 'If I can't control he animal side, maybe I can at least direct it at our enemies.'[/I] Duke thought to himself. While trying to kept a careful eye on hi ravenous team mate and potential girlfriend.

When Sin, J.B, and Kai appeared in the back of the mob they got surrounded and they filled up the bulk of their rank towards the back where the kids were.

“Sin you need to get those kids to safety right now. The moment we can completely eradicate the Innocents is when those kids are out of harms way.” J.B said

“I passed a chapel coming to meet you guys earlier, it’s a few block up. Do you see it the building with the spire” Kai pointed to a building in the distance.

The guys both nodded.

“So there is the safe point for them Sin, in that chapel. I will not ask you whether or not you think you can do it because I know you can.” J.B smiled and then gave Sin a weird look and pushed him back saying “See you on the other side”

Sin fell through his shadow only to rise somewhere in the back of the mob. He heard shocked men then the pounding of feet toward him.

He was surrounded.

“Hey” one said, “He’s only a child not much older then the children of nirvana.”

“Perhaps this one has come to surrender himself to us.” Said another. “And what a fine sacrifice is he. A few of the men chuckled but no one chuckled louder then L’anseny.

He doubled over holding his gut then rose up again and tossed his hair back. “I welcome you to find out the difference between your prey and I.

Sin had to take the superior role. If he could instill at least a little fear in this men he’d have something to play on. They would be weaken if but a little with fear. Sin racked his brains for something when it hit him…

The first guy smirked and ran towards him, sword raised “We shall benefit from your blood child!” He yelled. “Mate you have it all wrong. It is I who will benefit from yours.”

As the Innocent came to Sin the cloaked man jumped into a front flip bringing his sword down upon Sin who brought his hands up crossed and through them open above his and a dark shield appeared stopping the sword Sin then grabbed the mans wrist and twisted it and brought his leg over the man’s arms and kicked him in the head.

Sin twirled the sword stepping back and then thrusting it into the large man’s abdomen. He fell clutching his stomach Sin stepped behind him and cocked his neck to the side then biting his neck. The man screamed in agony as Sin sucked his blood and spirit energy at an extremely fast pace. The other cloaked men made noises of alarm as thier comrad's body fell limp on the ground.

Sin stood, blood dripping from his full lips he licked at them smiling. “The difference is those kids will not fight back, yet I will.” Sin laughed. “ You innocent blokes and I have something in common kind of, you need their blood but I..” Sin grinned showing his small yet sharp bicuspids. “Need yours” The men charged at him yelling…

“The other similarity is that we both are afraid… We’re even now.” Sin thought to himself

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Nayomi heard Duke and felt her pulse quicken.
'Get out of here Duke! I don't want to hurt you!' her mind screamed.
As his hand flashed in front of her face she snapped at it instinctively, she kicked her self mentally for letting her self get this bad, hearing him swear she knew this was getting bad, she fought hard to get her feral side under control, the more she concentrated the clearer her vision got till she willed her body to the left and it obeyed. She growled as the hammer came down yet again, this time though she only side stepped, yelping as the stone shards sliced into her, she bit down on the hammer handle and as the giant man brought it up to slap her off she launched her self forward and latched onto his throat, not letting go even as he slammed his large fists into her back and head. She held until he fell, blood gurgling in his throat. As he fell she rolled off and lay on her side catching her breath, she barely heard Duke calling her name as he ran to her over the ringing in her ears. Shifting into her human form her legs and arms were in shreds from the stone shrapnel. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Duke looked over Nayomi' lacerated body and was almost brought to tears. His arms still bled like rivers but flesh wounds were nothing to him. He looked up and looked around the area, then let out a whistle which echoed around the area. "Louis!!" Duke shouted "Get the fuck over here!!" His methods were questionable as it attracted other cultists as well. Duke quickly dispatched of them using his blood shots. One got close enough to actually attack and Duke threw his palm forth, a stream of blood crashed into the man's face before Duke sapped his palm against the ground, causing the river of red to crack the man's skull into the pavement as well.

His eyes began getting red once more. "Nayomi I might go blind for a little while, I'll be fine, you just hang on ok?" Duke said as he hugged her gently. "Nayomi, I'm here for you." Duke heard footsteps coming from all around. His blood rose up forming several incredibly fast spinning rings around them both. A cultist tried to cut through the rings but upon contact with the highest one his blade was thrown off to the side. He touched a ring and his hand was immediately worn away and his skin torn raw. He pulled back and went after another member of the group. As Louis approached he could also not get within reach of the couple.

"Duke? Nayomi?" Louis called into them. Duke opened his solid red eyes. All he could see was bright red. He snapped his fingers and instantly the rings of blood stopped spinning and splashed to the ground. Duke gently let Nayomi to the ground and waved his arms vaguely looking for Louis.

Louis grabbed Duke's arm and got a look of slight shock on his face "Duke your eyes are-"

"Help her..." Duke interrupted. His blood now pouring onto Louis' hands.

"Duke, you-your arms are-" He tried to let Duke know of his condition in case he got the injuries post blindness. But once again was interrupted.

"Help her!" Duke nearly shouted "She's badly injured, I'll be fine. Use some healing magic, or call upon good spirits, or get a bloody medical kit! Just do something to help her!" Duke ordered his elder. Louis heard the passion in Dukes voice as the poor guy blindly pointed at Nayomi, while clutching Louis' sleeve. He let go to kneel and felt around the ground for a moment before finding Nayomi again "Everything will be aright, I promise." Duke said hopefully.

OOC: oh ya I'm a sucker for the drama, sorry lol