OtakuBoards

The Witches

Akieen Cloud

Damo stared down at the table in front of him looking bumed out. "psst" he whispered in jinx's direction "watch this" he grinned as he slowly pulled all the toppings off the piece of pizza Nayomi was eating, cheese and all.

He watched as she got ready to take a bite....Just before she took a bite of the now dry crust she shot damo a look of "Put it back before I put you out". Damo quickly replaced everything just as it had been.

Beside him jinx had taken a break from her spark shower to laugh at him.

[I]Damn she's good....how the hell did she know about that?[/I] Damo sat perplexed as he admired his leader. [I]With her in the lead, and the others with me I'm ready for anything[/I]...his spirits quickly lifted about the upcoming mission. The "Omen" seemed more like a bad dream than something with any validity. The moment was almost awesome if it weren't for jinx still chuckling beside him.

"Now listen here I was willing to ignore the fact that I dropped lower on the hedious combination chart...but....grrrr" he cursed his inability to talk smack to her. His odd combination of hidden feelings for her and fear of reprisal made him stammer uncontrollably...

Finally giving up he decided to wait silently for the others. No doubtedly enjoying their seemingly easy victories too much to notice the time.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"]After showering and tending to his wounds, JB headed back to his room to pack his necessities. "Hmm, only 20 minutes left till we're all supposed to be in the briefing room." JB said as he looked around his book filled room. "Guess I better pack exactly what I need then." He thought about it, and decided to only take what was necessary for the described job. One week's worth of clothes, toiletries, his Ipod Nano that was filled with songs, and his Ipod touch that was filled with tons of videos of different skills, a few vials that were each filled with a different color liquid; red, green, yellow, blue, and black. He also packed over a dozen small manual sized books that each varied from subjects about, Roman language and culture, to fighting with different weapons, and books that contained different ways to use spells, potions, and other traditional witch culture. When everything was packed, JB let out a sigh and checked his watch, "Done, and with 10 minutes to spare...." , tucked away under JB's pillow, the corner of a small black book with silver trimmings poked out."Huh? Seems I forgot a book...and from the look of the title, it's in Russian....'Жизнь И Смерть', or in English, Life And Death...I don't remember buying this...", JB said as he scratched his head and examined the book. He closed his eyes tried to focus and search his memory to find out where he got this book from...it wasn't like him to forget things...well, more like [i]impossible[/i] to forget things.

JB's ability is Muscle Memory...the ability to instantly retain, learn, and memorize anything that corresponds to his body's capabilities. The information that he learns, the conversations that he's had, even the things that he watches on TV never leaves his brain and probably never will, and for that reason, JB has utilized his ability to great potential. He almost knows every language, can almost use any weapon, knows how to use any mode of transportation, and can use any fighting style known to man...but that's only the beginning...as far as his magical knowledge goes, he knows a lot about different entities such as demons, angels, and gods, he even knows quite a bit about witches and their abilities, not to mention his knowledge of different spells, charms, and potions. But just recently has he began to study ancient magic and it's many mysteries, and he hopes to learn more on this trip to the ancient city of Rome.

"I couldn't have gotten this book... I don't even remember buying it or even checking it out at the academy library...unless it was at the bottom of that stack of random books I checked out last week, I barely looked at the cover of those heh! Well, since it seems to be no more room left in my suitcase for this, I better just learn it all now." And with that being said, JB flicked all the pages of the book and in lees than 5 seconds had learned everything that was inside. "Whoa....this is some pretty deep shit...the spells in here are pretty destructive...it's a good thing I found this when I did, cause we may need these spells in Rome..." With his suitcase packed, JB headed towards the door, but not before grabbing his cleverly disguised spiked leather bracelet and putting it on, it was actually a Pin Shooter.

While headed towards the briefing room, JB could hear the laughter of his teammates, specifically Damo, Jinx, and Nayomi...JB loved, his team....they were the family that he never had. Each one had something different to offer both on, and off the field. "I smell Pizza!!" JB said while walking in the room, "Mmm, Hamburger and Jalepenos!!" And as he reach out his hand to grab a slice, a low growl could be heard,

"If you value your life, I suggest that you think twice..." Nayomi said as she deathly looked at JB.

"That's two threats in one day! You guys better watch it..." Jinx said, hinting that Damo had been threatened earlier.

"But I don't think you understand Nayomi..." JB said while jokingly looking impoverished, "I think that I'm about to die from hunger....I can feel my soul fading away!" by this time, he was hanging upside down on the couch nudged in between Damo and Jinx.

"Well it was nice knowin ya! May your hungry soul rest in peace." Nayomi jokingly retorted as a burst of laughter erupted from the four of them.

[CENTER]******************
[/CENTER]
OOC: Yea, I kno....the last part's a bit chezzy :animeswea[/SIZE][/COLOR]

"We can carve that in your gravestone." Jinx said waggling a finger in the air for extra empathsis while slapping a smirking Nayomi a high five. Jinx couldn't help but smile at her team and her surget family. It was a deffinate Kodak moment if she ever saw one, in fact they had plenty of Kodak moments throughout their time together.
Hell yeah the witches had Kodak moments!
"Now get up before all the blood rushes to your already swollen head." Jinx said to JB with her smirk back on her face and the Kodak moment no where to be seen. Almost everyone was here now, it was all up to Duke to hurry up so they could get going. This meant more waiting. And Jinx really truly hates waiting.
Really. Truly. Hates waiting.
So with these spare minutes she had to do somthing to keep her occupied so she snapped on and snapped off the candle on the table.
Snap on.
Snap off.
After about the sixth time she was starting to get bored and antsy, so she pulled out her deck of cards then smirked remembering a few magic tricks she turned to Damo.
"Pick a card." She splayed it fan like and he chose on in the middle.
"Memorize it." He nodded handing it back before she turned to JB
"Same for you, but the memorizing part should be easy." She smirked as he chose a card and almost imediatley handed it back. She shuffled the deck then threw it across the room. All the cards settled face down except the ace of diamonds and the queen of hearts.
"Are those your cards?" She smiled triumphantly as they nodded very slightly impressed at her mediocre magic skillz.
She began to collect the cards for another go, this should keep them busy.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]OCC: Alrighty,I'm gonna go ahead and bring in Oberon, we also have a new member so make him feel welcomed, welcome to the family Sin.

Nayomi looked up as the door opened up and their oldest member walked in followed by a young man.
"Everyone."
Nayomi stood up and walked over to them, she sniffed quickly at the older man before she nodded.
"Welcome back Louis, Good to see you made it back in one piece."
He nodded.
"I was sent to get a new member that they say will be a good addition to the group."
Nayomi sniffed the boy as she circled him.
"What does he do?"
"Shadow projections."
Nayomi gave the boy one last sniff, she looked back at the others and gave them a nod.
"He's alright."
she sat back down and looked at the rooms. Heaving a sigh she stood and walked back through the hall to Duke's room, Louis close behind her to get his things ready. She knocked on Duke's door loudly.
"Duke! Get your ass out here! We're waiting on you, Louis just back as well."
The door opened and he looked out, his bag hanging off his shoulder.
"Good, Louis, you have 3 minutes, try not to take forever."
He nodded and went into his own room. Nayomi watched the door close and sighed, Louis and her were the leaders of the pack, he was the oldest and most experienced in the group, she was the most dominate of the group, they were her pack and she would protect them no matter what. She walked back into the main living room to see the others making Sin feel welcomed, Jinx and Damo still going at it, it was only when she sat down to finish her pizza did she realize that it was no longer there, she looked up as J.B polished off what Nayomi knew was the last piece.
"J.B!"
J.B looked up and grinned as she grabbed his bag and ran out the door.
"See you all in the briefing room!"
As he darted out the door Nayomi shifted and took off after him, her own bag hanging off her back, Sin just watched amused as the rest of the group hearing Nayomi's threatening barks as she ran after J.B. They all decided it was time to go as Duke and Louis joined them, all of them talking to Sin and informing him of what everyone did and their place in the family group that he was now a part of.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[I]OOC: Hey all, really sorry for the absence. And also, the entire briefing is kind of perfectly explained in the underground thread, so I'm gunna skip most of the actual sitting around listening to a guy explain it part. Knuckles' Girl you can pm me for a change if you would prefer I included it or if you want me to change up the plane thing.[/I]

Duke always took forever to get ready for anything, all those piercing and hair gel didn't cover him on it's own now did it? Once he was finally ready he followed closely behind everyone into the briefing room. After checking the pizza box for a slice, though unfortunately his slow preparations had left him pizza-less yet again. "God damn it." he muttered to himself, Duke hadn't eaten anything all day and thought the briefing would be the perfect place to gab a snack. As everyone funnelled through the door, Duke struggled to reach in his bag and walk at the same time, though he managed to successfully fish out a small bag of jalapeno cheddar Doritos. As the briefing progressed he could see some new kid in the group. New guy looked to be the youngest now, by at least a couple years. [I]'Wonder how Damo's gunna take the competition heh heh. Now there's even more pressure on him to finally grow up.'[/I] Duke tended to be a little straight forward about things, Which usually led most people to think he was just rude, though he did have a kind side.

As the briefing continued the speaker would often be interrupted by a large crunching noise or two as Duke wolfed down his chips. No one really complained though. Duke was the stereotypical 'punk' of the group, and quite frankly wasn?t at all afraid of Nayomi. This mostly was contributed by his crush on her, which he had since he joined her team. It was true he'd often do what she wanted, but it wasn't out of fear, more of a desire to either impress her or make her pleased with him. Most of Duke's violence in battle also came fro his emulation of the gore Nayomi's fights often produced, in a pale attempt to make her realise he wasn?t like the "other little kids around here" as he explained it to himself months ago. This was because besides Louis, who was 4 years his elder, Duke was the oldest of the group, and didn't want to be classified as immature. This goal usually caused him to refrain from bursts of laughter or practical joking with his powers.

After the briefing was over the speaker directed them to the plane which was to take them to Rome. The all boarded and either put their bags in the luggage area near the back of the plane, or above their heads. Duke was careful to get a seat parallel to Nayomi so he could admire her from afar. He had yet to build up enough courage to actually sit next to her, and after that whole shower ordeal it was unlikely he'd be able to look her in the eye for a good while. Though he as bursting with sarcastic excitement as to how the plane ride would go. (who doesn't like crazy antics at 30,000 ft right?)

OOC: Sorry about my post, I was making it as The last post was made....If you're all okay with it I'd like to leave it. I'm just going to add to the end of it

"Louis!" Damo jumped up as he heard the older agents voice. He ran to the conference room to meet the senior agent. Louis was a legend in his own rights, his powers over magic were amazing. Snagging Jinx's ipod she thought she had so well hidden.

"First lesson Sin!" Damo yelled to the newest member of the "family" " If you mess with jinx, make sure you do it in a run, otherwise you'll need new shoes hehe" He proceeded at a full sprint closing the door behind him to slow her down. He liked the new agent, he was confident and seemed pretty wise for his age....there was however an uneasyness in his eyes. [I]Probably just jitters, i was uneasy until I got to know everyone[/I] Passing Louis and duke in the hallway he paused. "Louis, will you put this into your pocket and hold this for me, Just for a moment, I'll be right back." He raced into the briefing room and sat down before anyone else. [I]hehe, hopefully he'll think it's mine and won't give it to jinx when she runs by[/I] Damo sat with a smirk on his face, with Louis' addition to the group nothing could go wrong.

He'd just hoped that Sin would be ready. [I]So young, I hope he's ready for this[/I] damo suprised himself, he wasn't used to thinking of anyone else as "young". It was sort've nice however though.

During the Briefing....

[B]Crunch Crunch Crunch[/B] [I]God does he have to chew so loug[/I] Sometimes Damo despised Duke's "I don't give two shits attitude" He knew it was a cover up. Though he couldn't place it, Duke had a deep urge to be the "leader" of the group. Though maybe that wasn't the way to put it...maybe it was more of a need to be the best. Which wasn't bad, It was evident with Louis' arrival. Duke immediateally acted different around Louis...more "mature".

That word struck Damo..."mature" "Grown up" Foreign words to him...but he knew he needed to start acting more his age....Though after glancing at Jinx and immediateally wanting to mess with her. [I]Okay maybe I'll start acting more mature when we start the mission....[/I]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]The first mission is about an out of control cult that has been reading false ancient texts that state that sacrificing the children will open the gate way to eden. Our first mission will be to go in and see who is behind the false knowledge and take them into custody, if they come peacefully all well and good, if they resist we're to take them by force. If we are forced to it we may also defend our selves, remember it will be a first time mission so it is not supposed to be that hard, but stay on your toes none the less.[/I]
Nayomi had an open lap top in her lap as they waited for everyone to get settled in to the plane and get ready to leave. She sighed and looked up as a cart went by, she swiped a cup of coffee off and began to sip it. She knew in her heart that she needed to lighten up but these people were her pack, they were her responsibility, and with Louis back she was even more on edge. She knew he should be the leader but they had all given it to her so she took her 'job' seriously. She was looking up cults and knew she was going to be at for a while. She looked up and around wondering who would be best to help her with this sort of thing. She licked her lips of the coffee and blinked as she met Duke's gaze. She nodded and went back to her lap top, J.B walking past her, she reached out and grabbed hold of his arm, he blinked down at her.
"Sit, I'm gonna need your memory here."
He nodded and took a seat next to her and looked at the computer screen.
"You need what I know."
"If you think it'll be helpful."
"It's possible, let me see."
She handed him the lap top and leaned back, she reached down into her small bag and pulled out a piece of jerky she made herself. She stopped in mid bite as she heard rustling from all sides, looking around her she saw with amusement the rest of the team gathered around her. She pulled out a second bag and tossed it to Duke, who it turn handed out the snack to all on the plane. Sin looked at Damo in confusion.
"Her Jerky is the best in the world. No one makes it like Nayomi."
She took the lap top back as J.B pointed something out to her. She nodded and listened as he explained how certain cults had certain symbols. She frowned and nibbled the jerky in her mouth. She opened a file and began to play music off her computer letting it fill the plane, the others smiled and began to nodd with the beat. The plane had an air of a family room now and it made them all relax alittle as they took their seats and began to do their own thing. She pointed to the screen at a picture of a cult dressed in red.
"I think these are the guys we're after."
"What makes you so sure?"
"The name, look at the name they're given."
"Innocents?"
"Exactly, the one we're looking for takes children, what better name than that?"
She looked back up and met Duke's gaze once more. He was attractive but Nayomi wasn't sure if she was ready to acknowledge her attraction towards him. She felt her cheeks get slightly warm and looked back at the computer screen as J.B memorized what was on the site about the clan they were looking at.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Sin stood by the towering man who brought him to his new team.
[I]?These blokes are complete nut-jobs , I like it? [/I]he thought. Over mere nights his life had made a drastic turn, first his team barely past their final test. One was killed, another went mad. L?anseny himself barely made it out alive well, not without major bruises but they?re mostly healed by now, then after that ordeal he was told he would be better off in a more capable group that had graduated at a sister facility farther north. This was great news to Sin his group did not get alone at all and they directed most of their anger towards him being the youngest. Sin knew this group would be better he could feel the close-ness and somewhat harmony among these people.

They greeted him welcomes and introduced themselves. Sin sat down on the couch, holding Lan, his stuffed bunny. Looking utterly disgusted at the weird pizza on the table, He just waited until it was time for the briefing.

?Ok team time to go? Came some woman?s voice Sin wasn?t familiar with everyone?s voice yet, but he knew it had to be the woman who had introduced him to everyone.

As Sin got up he was knocked off his feet and headed to the floor but felt a invisible force steadied him. ?Sorry about that Sin? Said Damo with a silly smile. Damo?s eyes grew wide as he gazed over Sin and he took off running while shouting over his back ?First lesson Sin! If you mess with jinx, make sure you do it in a run, otherwise you'll need new shoes hehe" Sin gave a nervous chuckle as a woman ran passed him following Damo, she stopped and turned. ?You better hurry up kid there?s strict rules about being late. I?d hate for you to get chewed out on your first day.? Jinx winked at him unknowingly sending shivers down his spine. Jinx then ran for the door. Sin followed

The briefing was a bore, Yet sin managed to understand the task at hand. They all boarded the plane he sat next to Duke, Sin admired his style greatly. Duke reminded him of his older brother somewhat. [I]"Why did he have to join that evil faction..? [/I]Sin was torn from his thoughts as he was offered dried?.meat, [I]"These blokes had the weirdest fancies for food"[/I]

Jinx ripped off a piece of jerky chewing on it happily. She didn't have any of Nayomi's sicko pizza so she was pretty grateful to eat at all. Jinx leaned over her seat her warm brown almost red eyes flitted over the screen as she skimmed the passage.
"Sounds like we're dealing with some serious Wacko's." She commented pulling her hat further back so she could brush her bangs out of her eyes in a futile attempt to see the screen better. After getting bored staring at that screen she leaned back in her own seat. Her eyes fitted to the new member of their "family" and she couldn't help but notice that...he was just a kid. Even younger than Damo. But age didn't matter she supposed, as long as he could do his job and pick up on the order of things. And by Order she meant not to screw with Nayomi, because that would be one dumbass move, and not to tick off Jinx, because she was big believer in revenge. Especially in her street racing days when her tires would be slashed by competition so in return she'd melt their cars down to a puddle. But she had more control now, over both her emotions and the seal, so she hadn't melted anybody in a long time. She glanced to Duke then to Louis. She noticed that he had grown up the second Luis joined the team, but then again he had this whole thing going on that made joking seem like an immature thing to do.
He sounded too much like Nayomi lately.
But she liked his sense of style, and he was a good ally to have, even if his 'don't give a shit' attitude sometimes meant he couldn't take part in good natured fun. Or in the antics and trouble Jinx had a thing for stirring up. He and Nayomi just needed to lighten up, have some fun. Being leader didn't mean being a stick in the mud, or maybe it did. Maybe it was on the resume right under 'previous job experience.' She'll never know. She turned her attention back to the new kid who seemed to be a bit more reserved and as she had noted earlier a bit disgusted by Nayomi's pizza.
(join the club kid) Jinx thought drumming her fingers on the arm rest with a bored expression. Hopefully he wouldn't be a fuddy duddy, maybe he'd by a fun new addition to the team. They could use another fun member to J.B, Damo, and her own happy club. Jinx decided not to access the kid that was already under the microscope instead she pulled out a notebook and a pencil. She flipped to an old song adding more to it before flipping to a new page and started a new song and another little sketch. She was actually pretty artistic, and she could sing like no one's business. What had Axel said to her? "Definite siren, I'm still waiting for you to lead all the guys off a cliff." she smirked thinking of her brother like member of the racing team she used to be on. This happiness was immediately killed by a sharp stab of pain and remorse which she wiped off her face quickly and stomped down to the back of her mind which was becoming a very dark and twisted place each day she shoved her past back there. Jinx was sure one day it would all come crashing down and what and who she really was would be exposed for all to see. The thought scared her, she had done some things that were...horrid to say the least, and no way would she be accepted. She'd be on her own again, with her lies as the only thing that let her sleep at night. She looked down and noticed she had been sketching while lost in thought. A girl was slumped over on the ground clutching a knife that was driven into her chest by her own hand. Jinx blinked staring at the image of the dying girl. She touched her hair tracing her image...it was Jinx. She grabbed her eraser rubbing it out so hard the paper wore thin.
No.
She'd never break. Not ever. The pencil snapped in her hand so she swore stuffing it away and jamming her ear buds into her ears. Jinx stared out the window isolating herself from the world with a wall of screaming and pained lyrics.

Duke wasn't very good at hiding his feelings, but he hid his embarrassment quite well when Nayomi caught him staring at her not once, but twice. Another thing Duke was good at, was multi-tasking his attention. While observing Nayomi from across the plane, he had also made note of the new kid sitting beside him. The new kid's shadow ability had run through his mind about 100 times, wondering exactly what the boy could do. Or even more curiously, what Jinx was having a minor spaz attack for over in the corner. Duke liked testing his skills of deduction and so went at it "OK the facts are: she was deep in thought, or so it seemed, she appeared to be drawing something absentmindedly, and once she saw what she had accidentally drew she hurriedly erased it...Hmm all very suspicious" Duke thought to himself, while of coarse making routine check ups on what Nayomi was up to.

"That means there are 3 possibilities- first she was having a bad memory and drew instinctively about what she was thinking, second she was trying to draw something from memory on purpose and was frustrated when she realised she couldn't do it, or the third possibility, that I haven't figured out." Duke had learned very quickly, there was always a possibility you never thought of. Having discussed What Jinx' problem might be with her picture...with himself, Duke decided he should talk to her about it. Many people seemed to confide in her, but over the years he'd noticed she rarely confides in others. And it might be personal so he figured he'd be smart to ask when they were alone.

And thus Duke had his plan. Somewhere between stopping the evil cult guys and tying to impress Nayomi yet again, Duke would have a heart to heart chat with the fire girl, on some level or another. As a matter of fact Duke had a fair amount of respect for Jinx, in spite of her childish antics and such she was the only other member to have a true 'rebel' attitude to them. On top of which, though it may or may not have freaked her out as much as Dukes ability did for him the first time. He was sure getting the hang of pyrokinesis was quite the accomplishment.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Nayomi yawned, her fangs showing cleanly. She looked at Sin and stood, grabbing her lap top she motioned for him to switch seats with her, he nodded and did so quietly. J.B and him looked at one another and than began to do their own thing.
"What's up Nayomi?"
She showed him the page she was looking at, he glanced at it and nodded.
"Got it."
She wanted him to read up on who they were against.
"Once your done, pass it around, we have to be some what ready."
He nodded and looked down as she shifted into her wolf form and curled up comfortably in the small chair and dozzed off to sleep, Sin blinked.
"That was cool."
Yawning agian she pt her head on her paws and rested it against Duke's leg for support and soon drifted into a light sleep.

OCC:Okay, we have a new character coming in tomarrow, digiX is puttng up a char tomarrow and will be joining us in rome.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Sin sat next to JB then almost toppled over when he realized it was THE JB Jerrod Brookstone. JB just looked confused and quite concerned at Sin.

?By the Queen?s crown!? Said Sin turning fully to face JB. ?Do you know who you are? Wait of course you do, you?re you plus you know everything there is to know.? Sin was flustered, his cheeks bright red. How did he manage to overlook THE Jerrod Brookstone. Since Sin was left alone back at his old ?School? he took the liberty into hacking into the schools data bases just to look up other members to kill time so he knew quite a bit about Jerrod or at least he thought he did.

?You?re the most interesting bloke I?ve come across searching the schools data base. Not having any really active aggressive powers but only sheer muscle memory and smarts. It?s quite astounding if I do say so myself.? Sin was going into a hyper excited rush. ?Knowing over 48 different styles of combat and weaponry, Oh Mr. Brookestone you must teach me some of your favorite techniques and knowledge on everything you?ve come across? Sin had a look of awe in his eyes and was inches away from JB?s face awaiting his answer.

Damo's knees went weak...the symbol. The picture on the webpage matched the symbol on the dream monk's Cloak exactally. The whole dream came flooding back to him almost as if it was happening again....again he saw his whole team killed just as it had been before.

Coming too in a cold sweat he debated telling his team. [I]What if I'm wrong and this dream is meant as a warning to me alone...maybe nothings going to happen to anyone but me...[/I] Deciding it was better kept to himself damo cranked up the volume on his Ipod. Being so close to Jinx earlier had him listening to slower music at first, some lovey dubby stuff he downloaded. Deciding he had to get his mind right however, he switched it to his collection of "pump" up music. The same music he worked out too, Sether, Puddle of Mudd, Metallica, and other "hard Rock" music to put him in the mood...

For a second he switched it off noticing Sin's boyish idolization of JB...[I]Well it looks like he is going to be a great addition[/I] Damo thought to himself, [I]Out of everyone he could've lined up behind, he picked one of the more "lighthearted" of the group[/I] Damo smiled at this thought as he placed his earphones back and lost himself in the beat of his music.

Jinx smiled slightly as the new kid, Sin, started to idolize JB by getting thisclose to his face. But J.B was a good person to idolize if you thought about it, no real 'physical' power but a kick ass mental power which he could use as a physical power. Plus he would never have any problems with a grocery list! She sighed as the previous freak out seemed to wash away enough for her to get a grip and save the few pencils she brought along. But after she calmed down she glanced to where Damo was sitting a few seats over with a lap top poised on his knees. He looked scared, and nervous. Jinx blinked. This worried her because A) she liked Damo, their personalities just sort of worked B) he was happy most the time. C) it takes a lot to shake him. She leaned against her seat so she caught sight of the screen.
It was about the cult they were dealing with.
Why would that freak out Damo so much?
answer: it wouldn't.
She pulled out a blank piece of paper scribbling a message on it then balling it up and tossing it across the isle so it hit him on the head. He blinked then turned. She smirked turning out the window as he uncrumpled the paper.
[I]You look like shit.[/I]
Jinx could see he smiled a bit. Jinx sugar coated nothing, if she thought you looked like shit, she damn well said it. There was no fliter between her brain and her mouth.
He scribbled a reply tossing it to her. She cauhgt it before it could make contact with her skull.
[I]I try[/I]
She stiffled a laugh writting a reply and tossing it to him.
[I]What happened?[/I]
He blinked at the page for a second before writing a reply.
[I]What do you mean?[/I]
She scrathced a reply.
[I]I mean, you look like shit from where I am sitting, wtf happened?[/I]
She tossed it at him turning up her iPod and looking out the window as she waited for a response. She wondered what had happened. She didn't remember boobey trapping anything. Or threating him at all before getting on the plane. She shook the thoughts from her head and just watched as the clouds sped by refusing to let herself think. Just for a little while.

Duke noticed Jinx and Damo 'passing notes' but the fact that his crush was sort of laying on his lap had him a little more than preoccupied. "Where the hell did this come from?!" he thought nervously. He looked over to catch Nayomi wagging her tail a little "Oh this is awkward on so many levels." Duke was trying his hardest to hide his nervousness. Fortunately he succeeded, in his mind he was flipping out, but on the outside he was just sitting there in his seat. Casually glancing off into the distance with his usual 'whatever' look. He was most focussed on trying to contain his 'excitement' if he were to get frisky it would start a whole chain reaction of awkward moments. It didn't help that Nayomi kept moving her paws and head on his lap trying to get comfy, but he did his best to look like nothing was going on and he even started to pet her a little.

Well she was a wolf, and it was mostly reflex. If he avoided looking down at her (very hard) and kept petting her it almost fooled his mind into believing there was just a normal puppy or something. Specifically not his crush turned animal form resting on his lap.

Duke reached into his backpack and pulled out his classic disk-man. It seemed like he was the only one who didn't use an Ipod or mp3 player of some sort. He'd been meaning to buy one, but just never got around to it. Looking a bit more he found a small CD holder with about 15 CD's in it. After flipping through a few he found one labelled 'Duke's pump up songs #2'. Clicking the CD into place Duke lowered his disk-man's lid and yet again delved into his backpack, this time for headphones. After a few seconds Duke unveiled his nexXtech headphones. Virtually the opposite of the Ipod's 'earplugs' the headphones covered Dukes whole ears. Though he usually had them hanging around his neck. Clicking through the first few songs Duke made it to When worlds collide- Powerman5000. Once everything was set, Duke leaned back in his chair and went back to petting Nayomi's soft back fur.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Nayomi felt her body relax as Duke's hand ran over her back over and over again, she could hear all the noise around her, Damo's, Jinx's and Duke's music, the notes being thrown between Jinx and Damo. She took a deep breath and felt her self drop further into sleep. Nayomi's dreams went into her past where her life used to be. She at one point in time had been married, she had been in love and when the accident that took him from her happened she was take to the military and turned into what she was now. She yawned and curled up more covering her paws with her tail. She had never thought she would feel like she belonged ever again til she came to this place and met the people she was with now. Duke and her had grown close to each other even if it never seemed like it. Same with Damo and Jinx, they all had some kind of connection with another member of the group. It was obivous to each other who got along the best with who. Jinx and Damo joked and laughed with each other being so much alike, while the most anyone had seen Nayomi joke was when she was being sarcastic with Duke. Her ear twitched as she heard Duke's heartbeat speed up, smiling inwardly her tail wagged on its own accord betraying her stoic mask as she sighed contentedly. She looked up as she heard Sin fawn over J.B, she nipped the air in an agitated fashion grabbing his attention.
"Yes his name is J.B, and yes he is known throughout the schools, but he is still a member of the family just as much as you, you just get to rub it in every one else's face that you get to work with him."
The rest of the group smiled as he blinked at her, she smiled and rested her head back on her paws when the food cart began to go through the isle for them again, she shifted and grabbed a cup of hot coffee off and took a long gulp of the strong black liquid, she looked at Duke and smiled as he wrinkled his nose.
"I don't see how you drink that stuff like that."
"What black?"
"Yeah."
"Lot's of practice."
She downed the rest and took her lap top back as it came back around to her, she went back to typing silently on it as she read up more on what they were up to. She looked up as the co pilot looked back on them.
"How much longer?"
"Another 3 hours or so."
She nodded and went back to her studying on their target.
"Nayomi, don't you think you know as much as you can?"
"There's nothing wrong with knowing your enemy Duke, even if it seems to much."
He shook his head and went back to his own devices.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Damo couldn't cringe when he saw the last thing Jinx wrote. [I]You look like shit from where I'm sitting WTF happened?[/I] Damo considered a moment looking over at Jinx...he couldn't lie to her....but could he let her know what had happened.

"Jinx...can we talk in private" Damo stood up and motioned to the back of the plane. Waiting on Jinx to follow...Damo picked out two seats in the back of the plane that would provide the most privacy possible.

"So what's up Damo?" Jinx asked in a whisper.

"Well....I had this dream...In it our mission was..stopped by men wearing red cloaks." He waited for her obvious response. It would be bad he knew he let her in for the first time ever and she was going to annhialate him for it.

"Damo it was just a dream, a bad one yes but nothing to be worried about. Yes its odd you had a dream about guys in cloaks seeing as our mission has to do with a cult but its nothing to worry about."

She was surpirsingly reassuring...no sarcastic tones in her voice. Damo broke into a smile that was short lived.
"Besides, If any strange men try to hurt you I'll get umm for ya chief" Damo knew it was coming but he still walked right into it.
Sensing the obvious doubt in her voice Damo continued..."Listen you have to promise me you won't tell the team...especially about the eeriest part. The symbol on their cloaks was the exact symbol on the computer." Damo could feel the color rush out of his face. Though he didn't have a clue what she'd say. he sat waiting for her jabs at his childlike behavior...

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Nayomi had her ears perked up as much as she could listening to the conversation between Damo and Jinx, one good things about her shifting ability is usually knew what was going on with her team and was able to do things accordingly. She hopped down off the seat and stretched her limbs slowly, she than walked to the back and shifted looking down at Jinx and Damo and than sat down on the other side of Damo.
"I heard what you were talking about."
He blinked.
"I have really good hearing Damo, remember?"
He sighed.
"I need you to tell me about the man you saw."
Jinx looked at her, upset.
"You can't tell me you think it's something to worry about do you?"
"I'll be the judge of that Jinx, every piece of information might help."
"It was a dream Nayom, and one he obviously doesn't want to talk about."
"I understand that, but when you have lives on your sleeve than talk to me. Got it?"
Jinx settled for looking out the window, her face set in deep frown.
"The man's face, can you describe it for me?"
He did so willingly and she nodded.
"Thanks, I'm not saying it was a premonition or something like that, but when things like this happen I learned to listen to them. Don't worry Damo, I'm sure it was nothing but nerves, but it's better to be safe than sorry."
She put a hand on Jinx's shoulder and only smiled as she smelt her skin being singed from her angry heat.
"Jinx's I have to worry about every little thing, you all are my responsibility. Please forgive me."
Jinx's response was to let more heat flow from her body, Damo looked on as Nyomi only smiled softly at the fire weilder, the smell of searing skin reaching his nose now.
"Just calm down Jinx. I just want to be safe."
She released Jinx's shoulder and nodded to Damo and walked back to the front, her hand sporting what Damo guessed was a good second degree burn, Nayomi showed no sign of anger from it or pain; only an understanding of why she had received the injury from aggravating Jinx. [/FONT][/COLOR]

OCC; Okay, Drizzt, I want you to PM with your idea we talked about with the cult so I can see what we can work out here. Thanks!

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Yes his name is J.B, and yes he is known throughout the schools, but he is still a member of the family just as much as you, you just get to rub it in every one else's face that you get to work with him." Nayomi matter of fact-ly stated.

"Well...heh" JB started as he grinned at the wide eyed teenager, he had to admit to himself that being called Mr.Brookstone in such a serious way was kinda funny, "I didn't think that anyone would have any kind of real understanding or appreciation for my ability. So I gotta say...it's pretty refreshing!"

"How could anyone NOT appreciate your ability!?" Sin said, with a excitingly confused look on his face. "I wanna learn too, you have to teach me at least 5 or 6 fighting techniques, or how to summon some kind of beast or somethin!"

"I wish it were that simple, but in order for me to teach you anything, it would take a lot of time, practice, and space..." JB said with a nervous smile on his face. "And right now we really don't have any of that...so..."

"Oh...okay..." Sin said, looking hurt and crushed that his 'idol' couldn't teach him anything.

Noticing his reaction, JB thought to himself [i]"Oh shit! I didn't mean to hurt his feelings! What to do?! What to do?! What to do?!"[/i] Then it hit him, "Well, I could teach you one technique...and even though anyone could learn it with enough practice, you're the only one who could use it to it's full potential...."

Looking like he had just won a million dollars, Sin replied, "Holy shit are you serious?! This is gonna be so friggin awesome!....But why am I the only one who can use it to it's full potential?"

"Because it's a shadow technique. To be specific, a shadow teleportation technique."

"Whoa...now I understand..."

"Even though I can use it to an extent, and I'm pretty sure that Louis can too, we don't have the ability to naturally manipulate shadows like you do, so we can't possibly benefit from knowing this technique like you can."

"Okay, so what's the first step?"

"You've already mastered that...it's basically just having some inkling to control a shadow. The second part requires a little bit of an explanation though so you have to listen carefully to understand. Oh and no more of that Mr. Brookstone stuff heh, just call me Jerrod or JB."

"Gotcha..." And with that being said, Sin reached in his back pocket and pulled out his notepad and pen, getting prepared to take notes. "I'm all ears."

"Well, your abiltity is properly called Umbrakinesis...the ability to psychically control darkness, and you may not know it, but it extends from a psychic origin."

"So my ability...is psychic?"

"Simply put...yes. But it's not just you...it's a few of us. Jinx's Pyrokinesis is psychically controlling fire, Duke's Hemokinesis is psychically controlling his blood, and the more powerful and psychically in tuned is Damo who psychically uses sheer mental energy to move objects, even though I don't think he knows how powerful he could be."

"Damn....I never thought of it like that..."

"Most kinetic users don't, because it comes so naturally for you guys, you kinda get stuck at one place, and stop growing....besides, it's hard to find that place in your mind that allows you to grow more into your abilities...some kinetic users find it, but don't know how to control it, and end up killing themselves and/or the people around them..."

"Hmm, what about your ablity? Muscle Memory is pretty cool..."

"Well it has it's ups and downs like most abilities, but mine's come form a psychic origin too. But unlike you guys, mines is completely passive, meaning theres no way to control it or turn it off. I make up for it though by using my ability to learn ways for me to be active and useful...I may not be able to turn into a wolf hybrid like Nayomi, but I sure as hell could summon a wolf beast heh! And now that you understand how your ability works, it's time for the hard part....actually doing the technique."

"I can do it....I know I can."

"Heh, that's the spirit!" JB could tell that having Sin on the team was gonna be great. He was already forming a brotherly bond with him and they only met hours ago. "First things first, this technique usually requires an incantation, but since you can control the shadows, you don't need it. Now close your eyes, and visualize the plane's restroom."

"I see the restroom." Sin said with his eyes closed.

"Okay, now visualize yourself passing through a wall of darkness and emerging in the restroom."

"I see it..." Sin said again, but this time JB noticed his shadow began to slowly move from under his feet...

"Feel the presence of the restroom, smell the change in the air..."

"I fe--" In a blink of an eye, Sin's shadow passed over him and he instantly vanished.

"Ha! He got it! I hope...!" JB said as he instantly thought the worse, [i]"Fuck! Am I stupid or something?!"[/i] JB thought while standing to go check the restroom, [i]"We're over 300 ft. in the air, over the ocean, and I teach him a teleportation technique?! How stu--"[/i]

"That was fucking AWESOME!!!!" Sin said as he emerged from the restroom with a huge grin on his face. "JB, did you see that!! Hey, Nayomi did you see that!!" He asked her as she was going back to her seat, and rubbing her hand from what seemed to be a burn.

"Yea, pretty awesome stuff! But it may be best if you don't do that again while we're in the air." Nayomi said as she took her seat next to Duke.

[i]"So he did it!"[/i] JB thought as he smiled with a sense of accomplishment, [i]"He's gonna fit in perfectly after all."[/i]

[CENTER]***********************[/CENTER]

OOC: I'm sorry for my ridiculously long posts :animeswea, but once my fingers start, they jus don't wanna stop lol.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Duke gave Nayomi a curious look when she got back with a bright red hand, he knew precisely what cold cause that sort of damage, but asked anyway "What happened?" Nayomi replied with a confused look. So Duke got more specific "Your hand is burnt. Is there a creative reason? Or did you rub Jinx the wrong way, literally?"

"It's nothing." Nayomi said calmly sticking her hand into her pocket. "I just-" she was cut off by an announcement.

*ch-shhh-ck* "Hello, this is your pilot speaking, we are now coming into the Roman airport. Please do up your seat belts and put your trey?s and seats into their upright positions. Please stay seated until the plane comes to a complete stop. We may be feeling some minor turbulence as we land, this is normal, try to stay calm." The pilot was cued off my another click of the PA system. Everyone took to their seats and buckled up. After a few rough shakes the plane slid to a stop. Within moments the doors opened and the team filed out.

Duke looked around the crowded airport then over to his group , and finally rested on Nayomi "So, Rome is pretty big, where do we start?"

(I'm picking up from the ealier nayomi post, it ends up in the airport)

Jinx felt her skin cool a bit and mentally winced. She was getting worse at controlling that, there was a time her emotions could be positively lethal, she had learned to stop that, but it was coming back. It was a problem most fire wielders faced, emotions tended to get the best of them despite themselves. It took years not to let out a fiery inferno at every frustrating moment. Her first year she nearly burned her room down in a fit of aggravation. She wasn't sure why she was so upset, maybe because Damo had chosen a moment to be serious and decided to share it with her, but it was blown when he opened his mouth. She felt the heat then jumped seeing that her plastic armrest looked like play dough. She sighed slowly draining the heat from her skin until it was back to what was her normal.
She learned she could will herself into a temperature when she was little and did it all the time just to get out of school. It scared the nurse so bad when the little screen read 117.9, she ran Jinx to the hospital. The doctors couldn't explain in for the life of them, so as they freaked out around her she'd just smile and kick her legs before asking for the millionth time when she could have her lollipop. Jinx decided it was safe to dig out her notebook again and a pencil. When she reached in her hand brushed the broken pencil. Her hand closed around the shards as she pulled it out examining it. No use wasting it. She dug out a smiley band-aid and held the pencil together wrapping the band aid around it securing the pieces together. She couldn't help but smile, a band aid could fix anything. But not for long. She yanked out her notebook flipping through older entries and poems.

Looking in the mirror
Here's what I see
A sad little girl staring back at me
She acts so tough
And so grown up
But that's not who she really is
And it's not who she wants to be
I know this because that little girl is
Me

She flipped to a clean page a doodled everything she felt like drawing. A cloud, the view from her window, those weird bags of peanuts which never came with enough nuts to satisfy any hunger. She doodled the seal on her collar bone and a wilted rose. She did idle tasks that kept her mind off things so well. She even pretended like she was going on a vacation to Rome with a real family. She?d imagine her twerp of a little brother kicking the back of her seat and asking when they?d get there. She?d imagine complaining to her mom who was trying to convince her they would have fun and it?d be a good way to take her mind of her work. It would be a good place to get inspired she?d continue as Jinx would just shake her head irritated she even agreed to this stupid family reunion. Her dad would be getting mad with the little brother who was almost 12 and the middle sister who was rolling her eyes and painting her nails and refusing to help calm the little boy down. And Jinx would be wondering if things could get any worse but couldn?t help but enjoy the sheer novelty of it. She smiled, wondering what it would be like?to have a real family. Thats when they landed and the next thing she knew they were in the crowded airport
"So, Rome is pretty big, where do we start?" Duke asked. Jinx glanced around.
"There's the million dollar question." She said scarcastically trying to wrap her mind around just how big the place must be and where they could and should start.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]OCC: digiX will now be joining us as Reiku.

Nayomi stepped off the plane and automatically caught scent of a familiar scent, she looked around and laughed as she saw a young man standing not to far away waving at them.
"Reiku! So you are alive, we haven't heard from you in a year, how are you?"
He shook her hand and smiled as the rest of the team emerged from the plane after her and greeted him similarly.
"So your investigation here, was it ever finished?"
Yeah about two days ago, they told me to stay here since our first mission was here, what are we up against?"
Nayomi briefed him quickly and waited for his response.
"Sounds like a real winner."
She nodded and grabbed her bag as it was thrown to her, one by one they all gathered their things and filed onto the sidewalk.
"So, are you showing us to the hotel?"
"That's what I was told."
She nodded and looked back at the others.
"Well lets go."
He led them through the town to their hotel and showed them their joint rooms, it was the same as their home, all the rooms were designed for who ever was staying in them, Nayomi's looked like her old room at the academy, brown walls with grey interior to make it look like a mountain scape, her bed in a rounded tent that was hardened like a cave, she was content here and sighed as she walked in and put here things away, grabbing a towel she headed for the showers, same as their old courters the shower was comunial as well, she was the first in and smiled as the silence closed in around her, she took the first shower and turned on the water waiting for it to warm up. As the steam began to rise from it she striped out of the clothes she had been traveling in, she took her hair from it's standard braid and stepped in she stopped as she caught the scent of one of her team mates, she didn't need to turn around to see who it was.
"Hey Duke, your room the same as it was back home?"
"Yeah, it is, makes it feel more comfortable."
She nodded, a small smile tugging at her lips as she heard him scratch the back of his neck. She looked back at him and gave him a small smile, Duke blinked, it was a rare thing to Nayomi smile a real smile.[/FONT][/COLOR]

OOC: Thank's alot Knuck ^_^]

Reiku smiled and just sighed he brushed his hand threw his hair sittingin a chair as a girl approached him he remembered Nayomi telling him she was a fire weilder named Jinx.

"Hello" Reiku said

"Hello" Jinx said "So you really an old classmate" she asked Reiku nodded "Yes, I graduated last year" he said

"What are your powers?" she asked him he yawned and took out a tuning fork "
"Sound and Vibration manipulation" he said as he noticed the confused look "I'll show you" he said as he tapped the tuning fork it vibrated and hummed "this is my basic attack" he said as he focused sudddenly the sound, and the vibrations stopped and a tin can that he had been drinking from suddenly was ripped apart.

"I transfered the vibrations from this fork into the tin can, the can could not handle the vibrations of the fork and it was ripped apart" he said he sighed "and here's one more demonstration" he said as he tapped the fork and suddenyl his arm fuzzed and he passed his arm threw the wall "I transfered the vibrations to my arm and altered them to shake my arm so fast it can pass threw solid matter" he said

"Wow" she said he shrugged

Duke greeted Reiku, with a stern nod, and he acknowledged him back in the same manor. Though that was the only real conversation they had Duke kept an eye on him. Something about the sound wielder didn't rub him the right way. Always put Duke on edge when he was around. Almost as if he knew something awful was going to happen. It was only a feeling, but Duke was a strong believer in gut feelings, and so he watched Reiku like a hawk. While not giving attention to Nayomi.

Duke checked his room first thing after arriving at the hotel. Just as his room back home, there were random splatters of blood on the black walls. Lit by four floor lights, one in each corner. Though here it was dark red paint, back home the sprayed designs were the actual result of him experimenting with his powers. After dropping his bag abruptly in the floor Duke went to check on the others, namely Nayomi. He knew this was the time, this time he was really going to ask her. He had it all planned out. Having gone over his 'line' about 3 dozen times in his mind Duke sought out Nayomi.

He walked into her "mountain camp room" as he called it. Though before he could say anything Nayomi asked him about his room. Answering truthfully he said it was as he expected and it made him more comfortable in the new place. After a moment of awkward silence Duke began nervously scratching the back of his neck. A moment later Nayomi turned to him with a small smile. It was small, but it was truthful. Nayomi rarely showed anyone a real smile. And despite his reputation as a hard ass, Duke returned the gesture. The both sort of sat there smiling a each other slightly, looking into each others eyes for a while, before Duke finally broke he silence.

"Umm so yah." he rambled nervously [I]"would you like to go out for coffee with me sometime? would you like to go out for coffee with me sometime? would you like to go out for coffee with me sometime?"[/I] he thought the question over and over [I]"Why can't I just say it?!"[/I] he demanded of himself.

"Yes?" Nayomi asked playfully, obviously sensing how nervous Duke was, contrary to how much he tried to hide it.

"I uhh" Duke tried to focus his thoughts. Nayomi smiled a bit more, showing her fangs slightly. For some reason Duke hadn't explained to himself yet, Duke found fangs a huge turn on. Might be some sort of blood thing with vampires or something. He mentioned to himself once, but he still wasn't quite sure. Duke wasn't sure if Nayomi knew how he felt about her, but at the very least h figured she knew about his fang 'fetish' as she always seemed to smile or yawn in his immediate vicinity. Not that he would prefer it way other way however. Before he knew it almost 5 minutes of total silence had passed yet again.

"Never mind" Duke said quietly [I]"Why the fuck can't you just ask damn it?!"[/I] he thought to himself harshly as he turned to walk away. H was interrupted and shocked by what he heard next.

"Don't worry about it, you'll have plenty of opportunities to ask me you know." Nayomi said kindly as Duke walked out.

Dukes eyes widened, but only for a moment as he quickly hid his thoughts. [I]"She knows?!"[/I] he thought. Duke was happy, nervous, confused, happy, excited, and happy. It was almost unnatural for someone like Duke to be as happy as he was.

OOC: Kuckles' girl if you had some grand master plan that I contredicted just pm me k? lol

Jinx tapped her chin.
"Impressive...but I've seen better." She smirked. "Well you probably know I'm Jinx, I do fire." She snapped so a spark flew from her fingers.
"Pretty self explanitory. Well welcome to the team, or rewelcome, whatever floats your boat." She said with another kind smirk at Reiku before turning and opening a red door. She just assumed it was hers because, well, fire was red. She opened the door with the black handle and closed it behind her. She smiled.The room was painted with red and orage flames climbing up the sides of the black walls.
"Wow...it looks like hell. Go figure."
She tossed her stuff onto the black bed that had spiraling wrought iron bed posts and a smoky black veil that fell around it like a mosquito net.
"Oh, very cool." She noted feeling the filmy stuff between her fingers. The carpet was gold and shimmery like parts of the flames and accents. You would think it was gotchic looking, but the golds and reds and silvers and oranges just evened it out enough to look homey. Well, to Jinx it was homey. She strolled casually over to the desk fingering the pens all put togther in one fancy pen holder. This was her kind of room. She unpacked her things holding her whip in her hands. It felt good. She cracked it open feeling the smooth handle. Her eyes sparkled as she wondered if she still had it. She whirled around snapping the whip infront of her. It cracked against the desk slashing through the wood in a perfectly straight line. She still had it. She snapped it back and wravled it together again putting it back in her bag and tucking that under her bed. She flopped down starting at the ceiling which was painted with spiraling flaming comets against a black sky. It was all pretty cool. Maybe this mission wouldn't be so bad.
Hopefully this mission wouldn't be so bad.