OtakuBoards

They Should Bring Back...

Zen

[quote name='Zen' date='28 April 2008 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1209435941' post='652943']
[color=royalblue][size=1]

[b]Def Jam: Fight For NY:[/b] They did a newer X-Box 360 game with the Def Jam name, but that travesty held no comparison to the Fight for NY game. Easily the best wrestling-style/brawling game around. If they did an MMA game, it should be something like this. Its my third favorite fighting game ever behind Soul Calibur and Tekken, and for good reason. It's just such a great game, and I've only been beaten in it once by one guy. The fighting style fusion system and character creation were amazing, and the clothing was actually cool, unlike almost every other wrestling/fighting game around with the same feature. They need to bring this back, and give it a sequel.

What about you? Does anyone agree with me?[/color][/size]
[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]Man a new Def Jam game would be awesome. They need to get a new installation to this series. Though I never beat you Zen...it was always fun cracking skullz on that game.

As for another game that need to be remade....[b]Double Dragon and Battle Toads[/b]. This game was so awesome. I can picture an updated version with all new 3D fighting moves and cool tag team moves.

[b]Star Ocean[/b]- I felt this RPG was kinda underrated. I love the gameplay and the choice you got to make in the story. Its sorta like Chrono Trigger with the choices in that they affect your future but in this game you could totally leave out all the characters you didnt want. This RPG was really good for Playstation One and Im hoping they make a new updated version of this game.[/color]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Another game I'd really like to see again is Goemon 5, which I think is also called Legend of the Mystical Ninja or something. It was on Nintendo 64.

There have been a couple of subsequent iterations of the game on PS2, but as far as I know there isn't a current-gen version. In any case, I'd really like to see a full remake of Goemon 5 - it was actually a really fantastic game in its own right; the weird humor just made it better! In practice it was a lot like a combination of Super Mario 64 and Zelda: OoT.[/font]

[quote name='Magus' date='04 July 2010 - 02:19 AM' timestamp='1278235168' post='696498']
With the 3DS bringing back some oldies, now seems like a good time to revive this thread. Seeing how Metal Gear Solid 3, Star Fox and Zelda all look colorful on this little thingamabob, I'd like to see Chrono Trigger and both Final Fantasy 7 and 8 be done on it. I don't know if you can get any more color out of Chrono Trigger seeing that it's full of life, but if there's a chance it can be done then I'd like to see it brought back. Final Fantasy 7 needs to do away with the lego/blocky look. I'd really get more enjoyment out of it then. And FF8, just because.... lol.
[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]I'm honestly expecting Square to pop in a year or two and be all "Remember that FFVII remake that we said would take YEARS to make? GUESS WHAT WE LIED LOL". FFVII is too much of a cash cow for them NOT to remake it, be it sooner or later, anyway. Maybe not on the 3DS unless it was a port, but yeah.

Speaking of remakes, they better remake [b]Final Fantasy V[/b] and [b]VI[/b] for the 3DS. I've been waiting for that since FFIV DS :x

Also, another [b]Megaman Legends[/b] game would be amazing, amusing Capcom can stop milking the original series for all of a year or two [s]or perhaps actually END IT[/s] and somebody give Keiji Inufane a couple million >_>[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='AvalonAngel' date='30 April 2008 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1209589800' post='653085']
[FONT= "Franklin Gothic Medium"]I'd also like to see another Viewtiful Joe game, but Clover was disbanded :animesigh:[/FONT]
[/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]I'm definitely going to have to second this. Viewtiful Joe was probably one of the more entertaining games I've sat down to play, and given that it was [i]supposed[/i] to be a trilogy I was really disappointed to find out there wouldn't be a Viewtiful Joe 3.

I also miss old school, side-scrolling Metroid games. The Prime series just wasn't the same. I'm hoping [i]Metroid: Other M[/i] delivers that old feel a bit better from the third-person perspective (which is how a 3D Metroid should have been done in the first place, imo).[/font][/color]

I'm definately for them making another [b]Monster Rancer[/b] game. I really loved to play that game on the GBA. It was pretty fun and entertaining.

[b]Star Ocean[/b] has been made for the PS2 and there is now one on the Xbox 360 (which I prompted me to say WTF?! because I love the controls on the PS1 and PS2 consoles, not to mention the ones on the PSP).

I would like to see another [b]Valkyrie Profile[/b] game. I think that they could do a lot with that. I've only played the PSP version of the game, but I instantly fell in love with it.

And if they could update [b]Galerions[/b] to at least the PS2, I would be happy. Like just completly update the first one in terms of graphics and re-release it.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I'm with Red on the desire for a third [b]Megaman Legends[/b]. The series is so underrated, but filled with an extremely interesting plot, universe, and amazing characters. On the one hand, though, I wouldn't want it to be milked to death like the other games in the Megaman franchise...but on the other hand, if it's Legends, I just might not mind.[/font][/color]

Oh hay I thought of another one: [b]Pokemon Snap[/b]. Come oooon, Nintendo! You [i]know[/i] a sequel to that would be awesome! Especially with all the new Pokemon that have been made since the first (and only :() game came out.

[quote name='Sangome' date='26 July 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1280212976' post='697983']
[color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"] [b]Megaman Legends[/b]. [/font][/color]
[/quote]
i second the notion!
though i think we are way overdo for a good sonic adventure game. They had a working method with one, but they seemed to water it down over and over again (and in the place of working gameplay Sonic team added stupid gimmicks)there were some decent parts of the sequals but i enjoy the free aspect of sonic adventure... and how every character felt like a different game.

[quote name='Miss Anonymous' date='27 July 2010 - 08:08 AM' timestamp='1280214534' post='697988']
Oh hay I thought of another one: [b]Pokemon Snap[/b]. Come oooon, Nintendo! You [i]know[/i] a sequel to that would be awesome! Especially with all the new Pokemon that have been made since the first (and only :() game came out.
[/quote]

[center][img]http://web.mit.edu/ryangray/Public/Gnus/thumbs_up.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote name='Elk' date='24 July 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1280016531' post='697816']
I'm definately for them making another [b]Monster Rancer[/b] game. I really loved to play that game on the GBA. It was pretty fun and entertaining.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77933"]Wish granted.[/url]

[color="#FF0000"]Also, we need another [b]Wild Arms[/b] game, one with a decent battle system and a good story, unlike the last 3 games they've pumped out. Maybe a remake of [b]Wild Arms 2[/b], although considering how badly the PS2 remake of the first game did I doubt they'd attempt that again.[/color] Edited by RedJ

[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]I just got reminded of [b]Brave Fencer Musashi[/b]. I would love to see some sort of re-vamp of that game. Same characters, same plot and whatnot. Just better graphics, improved gameplay, etc. It's probably one of my favorite games I've ever played. It's supposed 'sequel' [i]Samurai Fencer Musashi[/i] was a bit of a flop, unfortunately.[/font][/color]