OtakuBoards

Another random OB Member fanfic? Yes Please!

Okay, so I've been mulling this over all day. I was thinking about it when Crystia IM'd me, so I pitched the idea. She thought it was good, so by golly, I'm gonna do it!

So here's the basic idea. It's pretty much a courtroom dramedy. Murder case. I haven't fully gotten a plot set up yet and I need some character suggestions. I need:

A victim (anyone out there willing to get whacked?)
A defendant
A prosecutor (I'll probably be defending here.)
Some witnesses
A jury (maybe)
A Judge
A murderer
Assorted others

Also, any suggestions for evidence will be considered. The only actual requirement is your suggestion for characters should be an OB member. I may accept a few random characters from elsewhere, though.

So. I'm open to ideas. This thread will probably also come in handy even when (and if) I get this thang off the ground.

EDIT: Oh, and a head of the law firm.

EDIT 2: And an assistant. Can't do much attorney-ing without someone to handle papers and keep me in line.

EDIT 3: And a bailiff. Man, I need to organize my thoughts here.

[FONT="Tahoma"][QUOTE=Aceburner]So here's the basic idea. It's pretty much a courtroom dramedy. Murder case. I haven't fully gotten a plot set up yet and I need some character suggestions. I need:

[B]A victim (anyone out there willing to get whacked?)[/B][/QUOTE]*raises hand* I read Dessy's [B]the DailyOtaku[/B] the other day and considering the last article, a newbie to the boards makes the perfect victim! Silly oldies! *laughs wildly* Not sure how the rest would go but I'm sure you'll work it out. :catgirl:[/FONT]

Okay, so yeah. Sabrina's definitely up for consideration here. Besides having friends in high places and all that, your logic makes some awesome sense. Man, I even get a motive already!

As for you, chibi-master, sorry, but having been here only slightly longer than Sabrina yourself, you have no motive. ;) However, you could still be a witness or something. Is that okay?

As of now, nothing is final. I'll still consider anyone who wants to die (in the story, that is.)

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]If there's anyone doing killing on OB, it's me. Everyone's seen Little Deaths here right?

I'm just a killer. A murderess. Mistress of mayhem and mischief. Destroyer of all that is good.

That or I could be a judge. I mean I've only been here since the original OB went live and theotaku.com was still just Adam's little DBZ fansite.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]If there's anyone doing killing on OB, it's me. Everyone's seen Little Deaths here right?

I'm just a killer. A murderess. Mistress of mayhem and mischief. Destroyer of all that is good.

That or I could be a judge. I mean I've only been here since the original OB went live and theotaku.com was still just Adam's little DBZ fansite.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Why must you be so perfect for this role?

Murderer is prolly gonna be Raiha, folks.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]If there's anyone doing killing on OB, it's me. Everyone's seen Little Deaths here right?

I'm just a killer. A murderess. Mistress of mayhem and mischief. Destroyer of all that is good.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]As a potential murder victim who is still alive I simply must speak up! And to do so I present this!

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]OBJECTION![/SIZE][/B]

[IMG]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3015/phoenixobjectingbh1.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]As one who has already committed so many crimes ,you my dear [I]Raiha[/I] are mostly likely in jail! Or at the very least it's someone else's turn to be the killer! So! I prefer to be murdered by someone other than Raiha thank you very much! Someone else deserves the spotlight! :D[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]As one who has already committed so many crimes ,you my dear [I]Raiha[/I] are mostly likely in jail! Or at the very least it's someone else's turn to be the killer! So! I prefer to be murdered by someone other than Raiha thank you very much! Someone else deserves the spotlight! :D[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Stuff and nonsense. I get away with [i]murder[/i] all the time. Not that I truly mind. I'd be a GOOD judge too. No swaying of opinions here!

I don't think it's about deserving so much as it's about what would make more sense. Although I can think of a couple of people who could also be the killer.... .....*cough*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Two separate ideas:

1) [COLOR="DarkRed"]Aaryanna_Mom[/COLOR] would make either a great judge or a great D.A.

2) [COLOR="DarkRed"]Desbreko [/COLOR]should be tried for sommat. Probably acquitted, but the drama stirred in the Fan Club would be amusing to cover.[/FONT]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Stuff and nonsense. I get away with [i]murder[/i] all the time. Not that I truly mind. I'd be a GOOD judge too. No swaying of opinions here!

I don't think it's about deserving so much as it's about what would make more sense. Although I can think of a couple of people who could also be the killer.... .....*cough*[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]I agree with Sabrina... you are TOO obvious since everyone knows you're a murderess. It [I]would[/I] make for fun drama for you to be crying,[I] but I'm innocent! [/I] with no one believing you because they know you are a murderess. Only... [I]shock![/I] you really are innocent! Well only for Sabrina's murder that is. :D

Anyway, sounds like a fun idea, because OB fanfiction needs something [I]besides[/I] drama, killing, melodramatic fights and the usual self gratification ([SIZE="1"]and no you don't need me to explain that, [I]seriously[/I][/SIZE]) that seems to be the norm. And yes that's my way of saying I'll offer myself up to be a witness or something like that, we'll see.

Also Allamorph is right, Aaryanna_Mom is perfect for playing a judge. If I were you Raiha, I wouldn't want [I]her[/I] as my judge. Haha!

[quote name='Aceburner']
Raiha will be guilty of [I]something.[/I] You won't be killing Sabrina, though.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I can see the posters now.

WANTED!

Raiha! For everything!

Anyone who gets this reference will get a free pass on Little Deaths or Grand Theft Otaku... [/FONT][/COLOR]

[INDENT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][align=justify][COLOR=DarkRed]Raiha[/COLOR], even though you basically have tenure here, please do not advertise your own projects in another person's thread; it's rather rude and detracts from the work and/or discussion. You have your signature for advertising as well, so there's really no reason to do it here.

Also, neither this post nor your second one above added anything of value to the discussion. This is what is commonly known as 'spam', and you're old enough on the site to know not to do so. I'm leaving this for now, but anything further will be subject to the same deletion I'd show to anyone else.

Thanks, and if you have any questions, my PM box is always open.

–Allamorph[/align][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/INDENT]

Aww, now you ruined the "whodunnit" part! XP

You should approach people (or at least the killer) via a PM, Aceburner, and write the fic so that everybody could guess. Bring in suspects and new evidence and witnesses and such.

Like a community driven Phoenix Wright, or something. ;D

... Wouldn't it make a great event, though?

[quote name='Sandy']Aww, now you ruined the "whodunnit" part! XP

You should approach people (or at least the killer) via a PM, Aceburner, and write the fic so that everybody could guess. Bring in suspects and new evidence and witnesses and such.

Like a community driven Phoenix Wright, or something. ;D

... Wouldn't it make a great event, though?[/QUOTE]

The thought had occurred to me.

I'm really disorganized here. Well, I'll just mix some stuff around to keep people guessing.

The event idea is awesome, though. Who's the current event master again? Someone should pitch this. I'll keep this one as a fic, though.

EDIT: Oh, boy. I have some ideas for Raiha's crimes. These should be fun. At this point, I don't even know what the verdict is. Therefore, there's still a surprise ending to the first case. I expect to have it started within the weekend. Maybe even finished.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Aceburner']Okay, so I've been mulling this over all day. I was thinking about it when Crystia IM'd me, so I pitched the idea. She thought it was good, so by golly, I'm gonna do it![/QUOTE]Exactly, because as Rach put it here:
[QUOTE]Anyway, sounds like a fun idea, because OB fanfiction needs something [I]besides[/I] drama, killing, melodramatic fights and the usual self gratification ([SIZE="1"]and no you don't need me to explain that, [I]seriously[/I][/SIZE]) that seems to be the norm. [/QUOTE]Something different in this genre, for lack of a better word when referring to OtakuBoards fanfiction, is sorely needed.

I have no suggestion or desire to have any part in this because as Sabrina put it - others deserve the spotlight instead of the same old venue of -- this person is the killer because they have been so many times in the past. I've read more than enough stories where you are the killer Raiha, try being a member of the audience for once.

We need [I]new[/I] faces people, not rehashing of the old ones. Which is why I desire no part in the actual story, but I will if you wish it Aceburner, offer up any advice if you care to run ideas by me. [/COLOR]

Okay, so I should probably let people know. Raiha didn't kill anyone. I thought about it and no. You will not be the murderer. You're actually my first client. The first case is not murder. Instead it's a bizarre misdemeanor. I looked around for some obscure laws and found one that I just couldn't resist using. Expect the beginning up sometime this weekend.

[quote name='Aceburner']Instead it's a bizarre misdemeanor. I looked around for some obscure laws and found one that I just couldn't resist using. Expect the beginning up sometime this weekend.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Whenever someone uses the words 'bizarre' and 'misdemeanor' in the same sentence, I get a prickly feeling in the back of my throat.

I think it's the part where I either laugh or cry. .......please tell me it isn't one of those things that you're embarrassed for your parents to read about in the newspapers.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Call me crazy, and God knows some of the oldies probably will, but instead of having all the established members being the main characters, with the newbies getting whacked and we saving OB as per usual, why don't we do the reverse ? Oldies getting killed off and it's up to the newer members have to step up to the plate and show off their own skills ? The oldies themselves could pop up every so often maybe to give a bit of a help, but they're all mostly in hiding for fear of their lives.

You know Ace, if you try this, you're basically proclaiming yourself the new member version of DragonWarrior, those are big boots to try and fit into. Not discouraging you or anything, I'm sure whatever you do will be great to read.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Call me crazy, and God knows some of the oldies probably will, but instead of having all the established members being the main characters, with the newbies getting whacked and we saving OB as per usual, why don't we do the reverse ? Oldies getting killed off and it's up to the newer members have to step up to the plate and show off their own skills ? The oldies themselves could pop up every so often maybe to give a bit of a help, but they're all mostly in hiding for fear of their lives.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Actually, that was just gonna be one case. I'm thinkning right now I probably won't have a serial killer or anything in here, no strings, just one crime each. They don't even all have to be murders.

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]You know Ace, if you try this, you're basically proclaiming yourself the new member version of DragonWarrior, those are big boots to try and fit into. Not discouraging you or anything, I'm sure whatever you do will be great to read.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Now you've scared me! I'll do my best, then.

And Raiha: You'll find out. You [I]will[/I] find out. This is the part where the lightning strikes and I laugh maniacally.

[quote name='Aceburner']Actually, that was just gonna be one case. I'm thinkning right now I probably won't have a serial killer or anything in here, no strings, just one crime each. They don't even all have to be murders.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Ah, seems I didn't read the thread concept properly, my bad. Still though, I tend to agree with everyone who's said that we've had enough oldie dominated stories for a while, and it would be nice to see the newer members step into the limelight for a change.[/SIZE]

[quote name='chibi-master']Okay.:animesmil *puts away various weapons* How 'bout bailiff, then?:confused:[/QUOTE]

No, wait, I have a better idea! You'll like it, I swear.

Alright, I got the opening done with. I'm just going to get some courtroom action in and then I think I'll post it.

EDIT: Well, [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59011"][COLOR="Blue"][U]Here it is.[/U][/COLOR][/URL] Lemme know what you all think.