OtakuBoards

Until Proven Guilty: The Court Records of Ace O'Turney, Ace Attorney

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aceburner']?Don?t underestimate an incredibly corrupt court system based loosely off of a video game,? replied Ace.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh heh, great line Ace, really great line. And I love the name of the law firm, it fits so well.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Flying, purple people eaters? Since when are you dragging my real life experiences into this Ace? I mean, never seen one in my life.

Ahem, I like this so far, interesting. But something about Prem Aberinkula sounds weird... well when you put my middle name into it it sounds cool. Prem Ryan Aberinkula... catchy. Keep up the work, and hopefully I'm innocent... hopefully. It's going to be odd though cause DB hasn't been on in a looooong time so what will you do about that, Ace?

[quote name='Sabrina']o_O Prem, you are one weird dude. *laughs wildly* [/quote]

I can be a good person. Hell, I can be endearing! I mean, I may act weird soemtiems, but it's mostly a [strike]facade[/strike] [strike]way to get girls[/strike]. Umm.... yeah, I'm mostly weird. >_>[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']That one was actually floating around in the back of my head anyway. If I can find a place for it, it will be there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! And here I was, thinking that you'd be muttering, "Whatta weirdo!", under your breath!:animesmil

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]It's possible our descent into lunacy can only be hindered by the bedrock of ...uh....html.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Actually, I think that we all pretty much decended into lunacy a long time ago. It's just that some of us (not incuding me) have yet to accept this fact and still cling to the thought that we are sane and can stop ourselves from becoming insane.:p

Anyway, I just thought of another song...They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha Ha.
Weird song, but [I]really[/I] funny!:animesmil

First thing's first:
[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/unmei_shinpai/UPG02-1.png[/IMG][/center]
[SIZE="1"]Special thanks to the ever awesome sakurasuka for the new logo.[/SIZE]

[center][SIZE="3"][B]Part 2[/B][/SIZE]

[B]July 21st, 2014
10:00 A.M.
District Court
Defendant’s Lobby No. 1[/B][/center]

“How’s it look, Ace?” Prem sounded worried.

“I think we’re okay. Even if we can’t get you off today, I can probably at least prolong the investigation.”

“That’s a little comforting, at least. “

“Well, it all hinges on whether or not Chibi can get back in time with that thing I ordered.”

Prem glanced at the door worriedly. “I don’t know about you, but she isn’t exactly here right now.”

“She’ll be here,” said Ace. “I hope.”

[center][B]July 21st, 2014
10:15 A.M.
District Court
Courtroom No. 1[/B][/center]

“All rise! Court is now in session!”

Ace looked at the Prosecutor’s desk. Gavin Zeitgiest. This guy was a legend! It was said he only ever lost a case when he felt like it. Ace hoped it was one of those days.

“Ack! Sorry I’m late, Ace!” Chibi had just rushed in, panting heavily. “Here’s that thing you wanted.”

“Oh, good. You got it,” said a relieved Ace.

“Seriously, what do you want with this? This is no time to be catching up on your manga!”

“Watch and learn, I have a plan!”

The Judge gestured towards the Prosecutor’s desk. “Prosecutor Zeitgiest, your opening statement, please.”

Gavin addressed the Jury. “Ladies and gentlemen of the Jury, we’re no strangers to love. You know the rules, and so do I. A full commitment’s what I’m thinking of. You wouldn’t get this from any other guy. I just want to tell you how I’m feeling. Gotta make you understand. Never gonna give-”

“Alright, that’s quite enough,” stated the Judge, banging her gavel, “If you’re done having your bit of fun at everyone’s expense, you may call your first witness.”

“Yes, Your Honor. The Prosecution calls forth Mr. Joseph Haku.”

Joey approached the stand.

“Name and occupation, witness,” stated Gavin.

“Joseph Haku. As for my occupation-”

“You are a part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!”

“Umm… no. Actually, I’m a prince.”

“And how did you come to be in that position?” inquired Ace.

“I’ll tell you. Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside-down and I’d like to take a minute, just sit right there. I’ll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air!

In West Philadelphia, born and raised. On the playground was where I spent most of my days. Chillin’ out, maxin’, relaxin’ all cool and just-”

“Yes, we get the joke, Mr. Haku,” sighed the Judge, “next musical outburst had better be extremely amusing or the perpetrator will be in contempt.”

This was going to be a very long trial.

[SIZE="1"]There. Not quite as long as I had anticipated, but I fulfilled my obligation and you no longer have permission to eat Prem. Hear that, Indi? Put the torch and pitchfork down![/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Aceburner'][SIZE="1"]There. Not quite as long as I had anticipated, but I fulfilled my obligation and you no longer have permission to eat Prem. Hear that, Indi? Put the torch and pitchfork down![/SIZE][/QUOTE]Good grief, what in the world would I want to do that for? I would never eat Prem.

[SIZE="1"][I] *shudder* [/I][/SIZE]

Besides, I don't need your permission to flay Prem alive if I so choose. If I had a torch and a pitchfork, I would not be putting it to such a [I]simple[/I] use. Oh no... that's far too nice, to simply roast and eat someone. I can do much better than that. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]

Besides, I don't need your permission to flay Prem alive if I so choose. If I had a torch and a pitchfork, I would not be putting it to such a [I]simple[/I] use. Oh no... that's far too nice, to simply roast and eat someone. I can do much better than that. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Flambe, saute, roast and serve with an amusing little gravlax.... The culinary possibilities are simply endless.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]Good grief, what in the world would I want to do that for? I would never eat Prem.

[SIZE="1"][I] *shudder* [/I][/SIZE]

Besides, I don't need your permission to flay Prem alive if I so choose. If I had a torch and a pitchfork, I would not be putting it to such a [I]simple[/I] use. Oh no... that's far too nice, to simply roast and eat someone. I can do much better than that. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]I wouldn't if I were you, I'm filled with too much bullshit... I would just ruin your meal.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']?You are a part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I am so glad I didn't choose to do law in the end, because after reading me saying it in this, I'd be so tempted to say it in a courtroom some day. :animesmil

Great job so far Ace, wonder if this will be one of my chosen lost cases, or where Ace is just damn that good ?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]I wouldn't if I were you, I'm filled with too much bullshit... I would just ruin your meal.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Who says that we need to eat you? We could just chew you up and spit you back out. It might taste bad, but be happy because you'd be Prem paste! Isn't that great? Yay.:animeswea

Aceburner, there is absoutely no danger whatsoever of [I]anyone[/I] at OB eating Prem. lol[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Great job so far Ace, wonder if this will be one of my chosen lost cases, or where Ace is just damn that good ?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]I'm seeing chosen because one look at Prem and you'll be... no way he could have done it. =P

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Oh come on! You don't give me enough credit! Without me this would be just another story where people go, [I]"there's no sexy guy in it!" [/I]Believe me my milkshakes [strike]should be bringin a lot more men than they are[/strike] bring all the girls to the yard.

Anyways, can't wait for the next art I can't wait to see the outcome of this.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Someone needs to post again with the rest of the case surrounding 2008DigitalBoy's fortunate demise... Yes I said [I]fortunate[/I].

I think we all know that Allamorph was the mastermind behind that, or was he? Time to find out in my opinion so start posting!

[I]*whacks Aceburner*[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Good, I was actually wondering the same thing as Aaryanna, just when were you going to post in this again. I've got my theories as to what happened to Rat Boy so I want to see if I'm right or not.

[SIZE="1"][spoiler]No I'm not going to tell you... >_> If I did that you'd change the story to thwart my guess. =P[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Okay, for a minute I thought Aaryanna had [i]whisked[/i] Aceburner.....

And while the image of her whaling on you with kitchen utensils is amusing and completely justifiable.... Patience is a virtue. Of. Some. Sort.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"]Alright, folks. here it is. Sorry if it's a little campy. I just watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I'm hoping too much of the weird didn't rub off.[/SIZE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]-Part 3-[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

?Anyway, witness. I think we?ve learned enough of your identity,? stated Gavin, ?Now what have you done with the plans??

?Well I-? began Joey, ?Er, wait. What??

?I?m sorry. Please tell us what you witnessed.?

?Oh, right. Well, I saw this thing comin? out of the sky, it had-?

?Alright, alright. We know. People eater. Please get on with it,? Ace snapped.

?Wait, People Eater?? Joey seemed puzzled.

?Yeah. We already have the report from Mr. Aberinkula?s account,? said Ace, ?You saw a One-Eyed, One-Horned, Flying Purple People Eater, correct??

?Umm, no,? replied Joey, ?I actually didn?t. The thing I saw was grayish and I?m pretty sure it had two eyes.?

Ace smirked. ?Just as I thought!?

?Care to elaborate, Mr. O?Turney?? asked the Judge.

?Ladies and gentlemen of the Jury, the Defense would like to present this evidence to the courtroom!? exclaimed Ace, passing up the book Chibi had brought him.

The judge accepted it. Taking a glance at the title, her brow furrowed. ?Death Note??

?Yes, your Honor. You see, this series involves a God of Death Known as a Shinigami. His name is Ryuk. He?s grayish, has two eyes, possesses spiky hair which may be mistaken for a horn, and most importantly,? Ace paused dramatically, ??He can fly!?

Pandemonium struck. The Jurors began to mutter to one another. Loudly.

?Order! Order in the court!?

?Objection!? yelled Gavin, ?There are two very strong reasons your theory is complete hogwash! The first is that the book you just presented is a work of fiction!?

Ace shrugged, ?Almost everything in our world comes from various works of fiction. Your point??

?Fine. However, that still doesn?t absolve the fact that even in the story, the character in question cannot be seen except by the human possessing his Death Note.?

The Judge was curious. ?Hold on a moment. What is this ?Death Note? you two keep going on about??

?Let me explain, Your Honor,? offered Ace, ?The Death Note in the story is basically a Notebook that grants death to anyone whose name is written in it.?

?I see. Wait!? the Judge shouted, ?That means if the witness saw this creature, he would more than likely be the murderer! Are you accusing the witness, Mr. O?Turney?!?

?No, Your Honor, I merely presented the evidence to prove that something was seen that night. However, it cant have been the alleged Purple People Eater, since Mr. Haku obviously saw something completely different. Nor could it have been a Shinigami, or Mr. Aberinkula would not have seen it. Now picture this:

?It?s close to midnight, something evil?s lurkin? from the dark. Under the moonlight, you see a sight that almost stops your heart. You try to scream, but therror takes the sound before you make it. You start to freeze as horror looks you right between the eyes, you?re paralyzed! ?Cuz this is thril-?

?Not in my courtroom, please,? said the Judge, ?Your point??

?Obviously there was some form of creature at the scene that night. I would like to postpone the trial so this matter may be investigated more thoroughly.?

?Agreed,? replied the Judge, ?I?ve had enough of these shenanigans for one day. Court is adjourned.?[/FONT]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"]
I finally get around to reading through this thread only to get rick rolled...and I don't care : D

Good job, Ace. You're using the right amount of humour to keep the story light and entertaining. Excellent use of music lyrics as well.

I'll keep coming back for more ^_^

[subnote: I know this was brought up ages ago, but what about Open Office? My old housemates and I use it all the time. Got to be better than notepad and it's freeeee][/SIZE][/FONT]