OtakuBoards

Until Proven Guilty: The Court Records of Ace O'Turney, Ace Attorney

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aceburner']Yeah, that's you. I figured Aaryanna Mom would be a kind of weird name (then again, I went ahead and used chibi-master's full screenname,) So I used your first name and decided that if I gave your daughter a part later on, her name would be Aary. Weird, huh?[/QUOTE]I see, in that case and keeping in line with how wacky this thread is so far...

*takes Rachmaninoff, Gavin and chibi-master by the ear and drags them to a corner*

There will be no smacking here, thank you very much. So each of you... time out! And Allamorph, no substitution either. ^_~

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']
*takes Rachmaninoff, Gavin and chibi-master by the ear and drags them to a corner*
[/QUOTE]

OOOOOWWWW!!! Dang it, woman,leggo! I've only got two of these!:animecry: Besides, I lika' da' smackin'!:animesmil
Anyway, *rubs ear*, keep up the good, hard work stuff, Ace!

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='chibi-master']OOOOOWWWW!!! Dang it, woman,leggo! I've only got two of these!:animecry: Besides, I lika' da' smackin'!:animesmil
Anyway, *rubs ear*, keep up the good, hard work stuff, Ace![/QUOTE]I'd watch it if I were you... She's OB's mom! :p Any disrespect and the rest of us will whack you.

Anyway, fun stuff! I'm curious to see if Raiha manages to get out of the crime. Considering her long rap sheet, I say we lock her away for good! Hehe.[I] *shot*[/I][/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Any disrespect and the rest of us will whack you. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

You can't whack me, remember? You'll be involuntarily dragged to time-out by your ear.:p

But really, Ace, you should write more often! You're quite talented!

[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Tell me this is a good thing?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]...define good ? Oh, who am I kidding, if I'm judge, you're getting the chair, regardless of whether or not you're actually innocent.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']*takes Rachmaninoff, Gavin and chibi-master by the ear and drags them to a corner* [/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]But Mom he started it ! *Points at Rach* :animesmil

Hang on a sec...how'd you drag three of us with only two hands ?[/SIZE]

[B][center]Part Three[/center][/B]

“Yes, Your Honor. The Prosecution calls Ms. Crimson Knight to the stand.”

“Hey, I know her!” announced Chibi.

Crimson approached the stand. She seemed a bit young to be testifying about anything special. Ace wondered what she would be speaking about.

“How old is she, anyway?” Ace asked.

“She’s 19,” replied Chibi, “why do you ask?”

“Well, at that young it seems a little odd that they’d choose her as a witness.”

“Hey, Ace! I’m 19 too! Besides, there’s a reason!”

“Name and occupation,” stated Odin.

“I’m Crimson Knight and I’m an aspiring writer.”

“And how are you related to this case?” questioned the Judge.

“Well, my dad runs the zoo in town. We own the lion that Raiha lady stole! Why would someone do something like that, anyway? It’s just weird!”

“Apparently it was for a Klondike bar,” said Odin, “Thank you for your testimony, I think with this revelation we can declare a verdict. Is that alright, Your Honor?”

“I don’t see why not.” the Judge addressed the Jury. “I hereby declare a brief recess. I expect the Jury to return with a verdict in 30 minutes. Court is ad-”

“HOLD IT!”

The Judge turned to Ace. “Yes, Mr. O’Turney?”

“I haven’t cross-examined the witness yet.”

“But there is no doubt left that the defendant has broken the law!” exclaimed the Judge, “Are you sure you want to go through with this?”

“The defense maintains its right to cross-examine the witness.”

“Very well, Mr. O’Turney. Carry on.”

“Thank you, Your Honor.“ Ace turned to the witness. “Ms, Knight, may I question you as to the status of the lion in question?”

“Freddy?” asked Crimson, “Well, he’s getting kind of old. Dad says we may have to put him down soon. I’ll miss him, I know. Why?”

“I’m asking the questions here, Miss. Now, do you know my client?”

“Yeah, she works at dad’s zoo part-time.”

Ace turned to Raiha. “Is that true?”

Raiha nodded.

“Now, Ms. Knight, has my client ever worked with the lions?”

“All the time, why?”

“You’ll see.” Ace turned to the Jury. “Ladies and gentlemen of the Jury, until know we’ve been operating under the assumption that my client did all of this with a Klondike bar as her only motivation. However, with this new testimony, I maintain that my client did nothing wrong! Knowing that Freddy the Lion would soon be no more, she started to seek a suitable way to say farewell. When this dare came around, she saw the perfect opportunity to give an old, dying lion a fitting goodbye. The Klondike bar was just an added bonus! Furthermore, a lion in Freddie’s condition would have never been able to cause any injuries in such an unfamiliar location! Nothing further, Your Honor.”

“In that case,” began the Judge, “I would like to call a 30 minute recess. Jury, please ready your verdict at this time.”

[center][B]June 13th, 2014
11:00 A.M.
District Court
Defendant Lobby No. 4[/B][/center]

“Wow,” said Ace, “that was a close one. Did I get it right?”

“Not at all,” replied Raiha, “I did it for the Klondike bar and that’s all. Impressive how you pulled that off, though.”

“You seriously did all that for ice cream?”

“No, I did it for an ice cream sandwich. Stop exaggerating,” Raiha muttered sarcastically.

“What movie did you go to see?”

“Jumanji.”

“Bet Freddie loved that.”

“Like a kid in a candy store. Lions love Robin Williams.”

Ace thought about that for a second. He couldn’t see why the statement would be inaccurate, so he decided not to say anything.

11:30 A.M.
District Court
Courtroom No. 4[/B][/center]

“Has the Jury reached a verdict?” inquired the Judge.

“Yes,” said the foreman, “We the Jury find the defendant… Kind of innocent.”

The Judge was obviously confused. “Please, elaborate.”

“While her intentions may have been noble and no harm came of the incident, there is still a specific law against what was done. Therefore, we recommend a small penalty.”

“Very well. The court rules mostly in favor of the defendant. A fine of 5 dollars will be charged. I personally will pay the fine since even I can’t believe I’m handing down such a minimal penalty. Court is dismissed.”

11:45 A.M.
District Court
Defendant Lobby No. 4[/B][/center]

“Nice job half-losing the case there,” quipped Raiha.

“Hey, I got you off, didn’t I?” replied Ace, “You didn’t even have to pay the five bucks. What a great Judge!”

“Whatever. I’ve got places to be,” said Raiha, turning to leave.

“Hold it! We haven’t discussed my bill yet.”

“The check’s in the mail. See ya!”

Ace was somewhat relieved at this. Still, they hadn’t actually negotiated a price yet. There was still reason to worry.

“Mr. O’Turney, may I have a moment?”

Ace turned. “Oh, Prosecutor Yggdrasill!”

“Just call me Odin.”

“Fair enough. Call me Ace. What is it?”

“I just wanted to congratulate you on your defense today,“ replied Odin, “I also wanted to ask you a rather… Personal question, if you don’t mind.”

“That would depend on the question.”

“I just want your thoughts on this: What does being a lawyer mean to you?”

Ace thought for a moment. “Getting rich really fast by helping people avoid the consequences of their actions.”

“Oh, never mind,” sighed Odin, turning to leave, “I’ll just be in my office downtown, losing faith in humanity.”

“Ha ha! Capitalism,” said Phil.

[center][B]June 17th, 2014
9:00 A.M.
Law offices of Dewey, Cheatem and Howe
Ace's Office[/B][/center]

A depressed Ace looked down at the letter in his hand.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Dear Lawyer Guy.

Enclosed is a check for six hundred dollars. That ought to be enough to cover some groceries and maybe rent for the month. Or blow it on video games or something. I don’t care.

Sincerely,
[I]Raiha[/I]

P.S.: This is what you get for trying a case without first negotiating a price. I suggest you get a new client pronto.[/FONT]

[B][SIZE="3"][center]-End Case 1-[/center][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="1"]There you have it. The end. I'm still negotiating the plot for case 2, so it may be a while. Also, for anyone wondering about this "Phil" guy, I couldn't resist paying homage to Harvey Birdman.

Tell ya friends!:animesmil[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Best part of the entire thing is this:[quote][SIZE="1"]Dear Lawyer Guy.

Enclosed is a check for six hundred dollars. That ought to be enough to cover some groceries and maybe rent for the month. Or blow it on video games or something. I don?t care.

Sincerely,
Raiha

P.S.: This is what you get for trying a case without first negotiating a price. I suggest you get a new client pronto.[/SIZE][/quote]That fits Raiha's personality rather well actually. Not calling him by name, being indifferent as to what he spends the money on since it's such a small sum... It's like she's saying [I]you sucked[/I]... ta-ta!

*laughs*[/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']
?Oh, never mind,? sighed Odin, turning to leave, ?I?ll just be in my office downtown, losing faith in humanity.?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Now that's the spirit!

With luck there'll be a suicide or something to spice things up. Just kidding. Nice to see I'm kind of innocent.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]With luck there'll be a suicide or something to spice things up. Just kidding. Nice to see I'm kind of innocent.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Oh, there will be death.

Eventually, when I figure out how to fit it into my train of thought. The next one will probably be a murder case, though it's going to be totally ridiculous.

[quote name='chibi-master']Ace, that was [I]brilliant[/I]!!! I'm so happy and honored to have had a part in that creative and entertaining case! Thanks!:animesmil By the way, where's my cut of the check? C'mon, man, an assistant needs pay too, y'know!:p[/QUOTE]

Fine, you can come to the office and play Smash Bros. on the Wii I'll undoubtedly blow all the cash on.

I'm going to need a new client soon. I think I may just steal Prem's idea there.

(Always wanted an excuse to kill DB:p)

[quote name='Aceburner']Fine, you can come to the office and play Smash Bros. on the Wii I'll undoubtedly blow all the cash on.[/QUOTE]

First of all, I suck at videogames...:animeswea Second, I want half the check so that I can by a unicorn and resell it for $1 million! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]I'm game for it Ace! :D It will allow me to [strike]vicariously watch someone else's suffering even though the person isn't real (in the story)[/strike] see what it would be like if I was a cold-blooded weenie.

Also, it would be cool to see how you get our personalities. Cause so far, you've nailed them.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]You realize that however hard you try and however far you trace, and no matter who actually kills him, you won't be able to ever prove I issued the order, right?

Now that you bring it up, though, I just remembered I left my spaghetti simmering.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]You realize that however hard you try and however far you trace, and no matter who actually kills him, you won't be able to ever prove I issued the order, right?

Now that you bring it up, though, I just remembered I left my spaghetti simmering.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Allamorph, even if you did issue a hit on DB, I'd still love you... in the platonic way, I don't date guys...

But there's always room for ch- I mean, I'm no fag![/paranoia][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]If by DB you are referring to that vulgar member... then I second the idea to do him in! Kill DB! *cough* I mean [U]save that poor boy[/U] or at the very least find his killer and put them behind bars where they belong... >_> [SIZE="1"]or not...[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]If by DB you are referring to that vulgar member... then I second the idea to do him in! Kill DB! *cough* I mean [U]save that poor boy[/U] or at the very least find his killer and put them behind bars where they belong... >_> [SIZE="1"]or not...[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Oh don't worry Sabrina, I'm sure we'll get someone for it, them actually being the guilty party would just be a bonus. Although I suppose we could publically offer a reward for the killing of DB and then arrest the person when they come forward to collection it.[/SIZE]

I imagine that if the target is DB, you'll have more volunteers to do him in than you'd know what to do with Aceburner. I'll pass though since I'm sure others could do a much better job killing him than I ever could. That and Allamorph has just admitted that he is the one who issued the order so you already know who's truly responsible.

And I just realized that his signature proves it... o_O He's ordering the killing of those souls who need to be added to...

[SIZE="1"][B]Indi: [/B]Allamorph has his own little room in hell where he oversees those he torments.
[B]Indi:[/B] Oh yeah
[B]Indi: [/B]Alla the lord and master of Hell!
[B]Allamorph:[/B] Wait a second.[/SIZE]

I think I'm going to hide now. O_O

[center][B][SIZE="3"]- Case 2: Law School Musical -[/SIZE][/B]

[B]June 20th, 2014
6:24 P.M.
Law Offices of Dewey, Cheatem and Howe
Ace’s Office[/B][/center]

“Ace, wake up!”

Ace sat bolt upright. “I’m up!”

Ace’s office was a total mess. There were papers everywhere. It had been almost a week since Raiha’s trial and all that came of it was a small television in the corner, a Nintendo Wii with Mario Kart inside and a few cups of instant noodles. Ace had dozed off looking through these papers in an attempt to find a new client.

“What is it, Chibi?” Ace inquired.

“I found us a client! Turn on the news quick!”

Ace rushed to the television. After fiddling around with the antenna for a moment, he backed up to see the picture. The reporter on screen was in mid-sentence when the volume came on.

“-ve arrested a suspect by the name of Prem Aberinkula in the death of Mr. Tical ‘Digital’ Boy.”

“WHA-?” exclaimed Ace.

“There are few details known at this time. The suspect claimed to have seen an alien life form, but this report was quickly dismissed.”

Ace dazedly switched off the TV.

“What’s wrong?” asked Chibi.

“I knew those two. This doesn’t fit. Prem practically idolized Digital. Why would he kill him?”

“No idea, but we’re about to find out,” chirped Chibi.

“You mean-?”

“Yep! Prem is our new client! We‘d better go meet him. Visiting hours are almost up!”

[center][B]June 20th, 2014
7:00 P.M.
Detention Center
Visitor’s Room[/B][/center]

“Spill it, Prem. What happened?”

Prem looked up. “That you, Ace? Good to see you! What are you here for?”

“I’m your lawyer,” replied Ace, holding up his briefcase, “I’m defending you in court tomorrow, so give me some info so I can do an effective job.”

“Wait,” said Prem, “Don’t criminal trials take a little longer to prepare?”

“Don’t underestimate an incredibly corrupt court system based loosely off of a video game,” replied Ace.

“Okay…”

“Anyway,” Ace began, “I’m going to need more information if you want me to get you off the hook here. “

“Thing is, I don’t have much info for you. All I know is my buddy is dead and I’m the prime suspect.”

“I heard you claim to have seen an alien or something. Maybe I can piece together something from that.”

“Alright,” said Prem, “Here’s how I recall it:
I saw this thing comin’ out of the sky. It had one long horn and one big eye. I commenced the shakin' and I said ‘Whoo-ee!’ It looked like a Purple People Eater to me!”

Ace rolled his eyes. “Lemme guess. It was a One-Eyed, One-Horned, Flying Purple People Eater.”

“Yeah!” said Prem, “a One-Eyed, One-Horned, Flying Purple People Eater.”

“A One-Eyed, One-Horned, Flying Purple People Eater?”

“Sure sounds strange to me!” said Chibi.

Ace sighed. This was going to be a long trial.

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I really shouldn't be laughing so much at the Purple People Eater bit but it got to me somehow.[/color][/QUOTE]I know my first reaction was kind of a lolwut?!? Followed by laughing at it since I could see Prem saying something absurd like that.

And yes, Sabrina is right Aceburner, you have your work cut out for you. [FONT="Arial"]=P[/FONT]