boothten Posted May 19, 2008 Posted May 19, 2008 [size=1][url=http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.otakuboards.com]http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.otakuboards.com[/url] Haha, oh wow, according to that website, the USD amount in the thread's title is how much OtakuBoards is worth. TheOtaku is worth $306067.10 And MyOtaku is worth $22943.90 Adam's got it good, hahah. ;D! It's really interesting to see the estimated worth of other websites, I was on there just looking up random sites' worth for about 15 minutes before I decided to post a thread about it here.[/size]
visualkei Posted May 20, 2008 Posted May 20, 2008 hm... thanks for sharing that link. i wonder how accurate is that estimate?
The Spectacular Professor Posted May 20, 2008 Posted May 20, 2008 Well, I did the obligatory thing and typed in "Myspace". No way I'd ever pay that much to own the place were sanity and reason go to die. I don't see Adam selling off any of his network anytime soon, either. It's definitely an interesting find, though.
Morpheus Posted May 20, 2008 Posted May 20, 2008 The site is completely useless. It has forumopolis at 4200 views a day when it probably gets that many posts a day. And myspace hasn't been worth 400 million dollars for quite some time. There's a b in there somewhere nowadays.
Horendithas Posted May 20, 2008 Posted May 20, 2008 [COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Morpheus']The site is completely useless. [/QUOTE]That's what I was thinking, or rather wondering if it was accurate or not. Amusing for a laugh, but not much else. [/COLOR]
Gavin Posted May 20, 2008 Posted May 20, 2008 [quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]Amusing for a laugh, but not much else. [/COLOR][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]I was more so amused by the fact the majority of the US's Top Searches are porn sites.[/SIZE]
Rachmaninoff Posted May 20, 2008 Posted May 20, 2008 [quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I was more so amused by the fact the majority of the US's Top Searches are porn sites.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]If they're not accurate on the apparent worth of a website, what makes you think they are somehow accurate for what the supposed "United States Top Searches" is? Anyway, it was semi amusing to check out a few websites, but the entertainment value wore off fairly quickly.
Gavin Posted May 20, 2008 Posted May 20, 2008 [quote name='Rachmaninoff']If they're not accurate on the apparent worth of a website, what makes you think they are somehow accurate for what the supposed "United States Top Searches" is? [/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]A fair point I suppose, especially with a lot of the big ones like Google, Youtube etc missing.[/SIZE]
Horendithas Posted May 20, 2008 Posted May 20, 2008 [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]A fair point I suppose, especially with a lot of the big ones like Google, Youtube etc missing.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Yeah, everyone knows that people just use a service like google to find said porn. *laughs* But yeah, I'd have to agree that if the site isn't accurate on the value of websites, then its list probably isn't accurate either. But as others said, it was entertaining, to a degree.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Shy Posted May 20, 2008 Posted May 20, 2008 [size=1]This site is totally wrong. When I was a staff member my salary was at least twice that amount. -Shy[/size]
Desbreko Posted May 20, 2008 Posted May 20, 2008 [color=#4B0082]They fail to take into account the fact that I'm here, thus making the site priceless.[/color]
chibi-master Posted May 20, 2008 Posted May 20, 2008 This is absolutely [I]ridiculous[/I]!!! You can't put a price on insanity!!!:animesmil
Nerdsy Posted May 20, 2008 Posted May 20, 2008 [color=deeppink]Hooray for theoretical dollars.[/color]
The Spectacular Professor Posted May 21, 2008 Posted May 21, 2008 [quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Hooray for theoretical dollars.[/color][/QUOTE] Potentially, we're sitting on $11920.90. Realistically, we're living with Des, Nerdsy and Allamorph. Not that I'm complaining.
SunfallE Posted May 21, 2008 Posted May 21, 2008 [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]They fail to take into account the fact that I'm here, thus making the site priceless.[/color][/QUOTE]That just totally proves the site is inaccurate and worthless. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Aberinkula Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='Aceburner']Potentially, we're sitting on $11920.90. Realistically, we're living with Des, Nerdsy and Allamorph. Not that I'm complaining.[/QUOTE] [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]You have to remember, I'm here. That makes the Otakuboards worth.. a wheat penny, maybe? At most a quarter.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
The Spectacular Professor Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]You have to remember, I'm here. That makes the Otakuboards worth.. a wheat penny, maybe? At most a quarter.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE] Nah, the price makes sense if you realize that you counter Des's pricelessness with your [strike]worthlessness[/strike] uniqueness.:p
Aberinkula Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]You're lucky I like you Ace... other wise I'd open a can of whoopass on your... ***[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Desbreko Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [color=#4B0082]So what you guys are saying is that I could correct the price by banning Aberinkula?[/color]
The Spectacular Professor Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]You're lucky I like you Ace... other wise I'd open a can of whoopass on your... ***[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE] Trust me, if I didn't like you back, I wouldn't say that kind of thing publicly. And I'd be banned for harassing you via PM by now. I just realized, we're all together worth OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND dollars! EDIT: No, Des. You'd make it priceless again. The current price reflects him crampin' our style.
Gavin Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]So what you guys are saying is that I could correct the price by banning Aberinkula?[/color][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]Is that an offer, or are you just thinking out loud Des ? ^_~ Just kidding Aber, we'd probably miss you if you were actually banned.[/SIZE]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now