OtakuBoards

Graduation 2008

Zen

[color=royalblue][size=1]

So next week, on this day, I officially graduate high school and get pushed into the real world, alteast until I start college next year after my whole basic training/military training thing. Though it is unfortunate that I have to wait until 2009 to actually attend college, I will be taking courses under the military, so oh well.

Anyways. Are there any other peeps graduating this year? Or am I the only one?

How do you feel about graduating? Dissapointed? Excited? Scared?[/color][/size]

[FONT="Garamond"]Graduated about a week and a bit ago, technically. I'd say I'm unofficially graduated because I still have exams =X But, you know, assuming I pass them all, I should be good to go.

I'm... excited, I guess. Mostly nervous. Getting a job is number one on my priorities list because I'll be moving out on my own to Vancouver in September, and not going to school until the year after.. I need to save some serious money before then, but my summer is also packed with people coming to visit. /hyperventilate[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]June 12th, although I won't get my results from my final exams until around mid-August. How do I feel ? A mixture of fearful and excited that changes percentages every few minutes due to my having to start those final exams this coming Wednesday.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial]I've been out for a few years, but my first younger sister just had her commencement last night. She's pretty pumped, and wants to get out of this town more than anything (mainly because of emotional issues she thinks are inescapable here, which she actually made for herself), and she's gonna go heavy into Graphic Design....though her real love is "legit" art.

(I have no idea how you distinguish graphic design from charcoal, oil, and watercolor.)[/FONT]

Graduated on May 22! I was pretty excited. (Even if the whole graduation commencement is BORING) I think I was one of the few people who didn't get choked up. (My class is pretty small and there weren't many dry eyes.)

I haven't really thought about the "real world" just because I'm not really going to be in it. I'm attending OU, which is only about 3 hours away from my home. I won't have to worry about car payments or insurance payments. (unless I get a ticket) I don't have to worry about tuition, since what i wasn't covered in my scholarships will be paid for on student loans by my parents until I graduate college.

Really, the only thing I'll ever have to worry about is gas and just spending money. However, I got so much graduation money, and I'm such a tightwad for cash, that I'll probably have plenty to last me until December. (And since I plan on getting a part-time job, I don't think cash will be too hard to come by)

The only time that I think would be a bit different, is if I were to go to Cali like I originally wanted to. I applied to UCLA and USC. (Obviously, didn't get in, but out-of-state tuition was too crazy anyway. I wouldn't have been able to go even if I did get in because I definitely wouldn't get any scholarships) I want to try and transfer after I get my basics out of the way. (I heard that it's easier to transfer in then come in as a freshman) If I did go to California, I would be totally isolated. No friends, no family... For me, when you have a totally fresh start is when you start your own "real world."

I've still got a ways to go, but I'm ready for it. I want to get out of Oklahoma so bad, it sucks that I have to be here for at least 2 more years. (maybe more... ugh!)

But the summer has been great. I've started hanging out with people I never did before. It's like all those cliques were immediately disbanded when we graduated; everyone's so relaxed. And of course, they all want to party. I think I've partied every night since graduation except this passed Wednesday... And my parents are giving me more freedom than I ever thought possible! I can't way until I don't have to check in with them at midnight anymore.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll love it Zen.

I graduated last Friday. (May 23rd, if you don't wanna check your calendar for a date..)

I can't say I cried. Which is surprising, because I bawled last year when my friends graduated. I don't know. I'm neither nervous nor excited about starting college. I just see it as a bigger, maybe harder (I'm pretty studious seeing as though I maintained an unweighted 4.0 all through High School) High School experience..

We'll see.

And like Alla's sister, I'm going into Graphic Design. And then probably animation stuffs... Because I'm crazy and want to make video games and anime someday.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]She's pretty pumped, and wants to get out of this town more than anything (mainly because of emotional issues she thinks are inescapable here, which she actually made for herself), and she's gonna go heavy into Graphic Design....though her real love is "legit" art.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Haha, best post ever. Sums up like 95% of high school graduates. [/font]

Technically I finished in fall 2007. However, commencement and convocation ceremonies are held annually at the conclusion of spring semester so I didn't have that until May 2nd. Though that was for my Masters and not for High School. It's been a long time since I graduated from that. [[SIZE="1"]I'm so old! lol[/SIZE]] Anyway, though it's great to be this far along... I'd be more excited about it if I was actually finished with college. XP

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I graduate this Thursday and I'm pretty freaking excited. I'll miss all of my friends and a select group of teachers and faculty members, but that's honestly it. I had the administration and the school system in general, but I must admit that we have a pretty awesome last week ahead of us.

Monday: Graduation Practice, trip to go bowling, play miniature golf, or ride go-karts.

Tuesday: Cap and gown pictures, top ten pictures, graduation practice, bachalaureate

Wednesday: Senior breakfast, trip to Six Flags fo' free. Lots of fundraising went into that one.

Thursday: Grad practice, graduation that night

Friday: Half day, Awards day

Not too shabby.[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]For the record, I absolutely hated that ridiculous attire. Felt more like a Halloween event than a grand occasion. Although those poor saps who can't figure out how to wear their caps right always make me outright laugh. It seriously looks like they're wearing some sort of glorified Kippah. (Jewish skull cap)

It's also really bad if you have a large forehead and wear the hat too far back; seems like you should be renting the space for advertising.[/FONT]

I graduated May 24th. I don't feel really anything that is really different. I was terrible sad to leave some of my friends behind since my classes were combined with the other grades. The school is really small, I think we only had about 20 people graduating or less. However I was happy as well some of friends that graduated before came to see mine and it was great seeing what they were doing besides what I hear though e-mails and on the phone. Right now I plan on getting a job and then in the fall going to a community college for two years and then transfer to a University. I'll be studying web design and graphics design hopefully. If that doesn't fit me then I will be looking into something that has to do with History and/or Writing.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]It's also really bad if you have a large forehead and wear the hat too far back; seems like you should be renting the space for advertising.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I got the funniest mental images ever from that. Thank you.