OtakuBoards

Hot or Not?

visualkei

Does anyone here remember that American t.v. show, Hot or Not? I remember there was a popular website by the same name that gave producers the idea for the show. On the website you can rate people on a scale of how attractive you thought they were. I think there were a lot of websites like these, and at the time when I was using America Online (that's how old that is), AOL even had a H/N thing, too.

I thought that show was pretty ridiculous-- but I did watch about 2 episodes. I remember two things from it, people crying because they thought they weren't hot and the judges who took their jobs seriously. At the end of one show, one guy who was shirtless and walking home with some animal fur scarf was bawling his eyes out because he had like a 7 or 8/10 rating. Pretty sad that he was attractive and cared that much about that rating system.

There was this one episode that I still remember where one of the contestants had a lousy boob job, one boob being "voluptuous", and the other one looked like a real boob. Maybe it was a one-boob job, I don't know. Anyways, a male judge commented on how that will probably decrease her points. Then a female judge got annoyed then high and mighty saying how if they're going to be THAT judgmental, then why don't they just make the male contestants take off their pants for judging. I thought that was pretty hypocritical of her since she was a judge for a contest based purely on people's looks and their bodies. Everyone who participated was either in swimming shorts only, or bikinis.

Loved it, hated it, similar shows out there, do you also participate in H/N, comments and opinions?

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]A show like this is pathetic. If you want to know how hot you are on the 1-10 scale... ask your friends. Otherwise don't cramp Television with useless garbage like this... besides...

That's Disney's job.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Matt']And everything on Disney Channel.[/QUOTE]
Correction: Hannah Montana, High School Musical, and the Jonas Brothers are killing Disney. (But they get good ratings, so it continues)

And I agree with the rest: Pointless

[quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This show is the cancer that is killing society.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][spoiler]YOU ARE THE CANCER THAT IS KILLING /B/[/spoiler]

These shows make for good joke material with friends, but anyone who takes them seriously is hopeless. I like to counter all the terrible shows out there with the good shows that are out there, like [i]Arrested Development[/i].

Oh, wait. :3

But really, there are good shows out there, so I just tend to focus on those.[/font]

[CENTER][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I remember watching my parents watching it. I didn't understand any show other than the Disney Channel at the time, so I had no idea what it was about.

Oh, and I remember feeling sad for the people that were crying.[/FONT][/CENTER]

As far as I know, we didn't get it here in Australia, but I can't see a TV show based on a website being much to miss, especially based on a website as vapid, insipid and hollow as H.O.N.

Oh, and anyone who took a "hot" meter like the gospel of beauty, needs to get out more. :animeswea

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]
These shows make for good joke material with friends, but anyone who takes them seriously is hopeless. I like to counter all the terrible shows out there with the good shows that are out there, like [i]Arrested Development[/i].
[/font][/QUOTE]

Arrested Development was one of the best and smartest shows I've watched. Smart silliness.

[quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi']As far as I am concerned, TV as a whole is over-rated and utterly worthless.

Aside from the news, it is almost all nonsense or stupidityfests.[/QUOTE]Can't say I agree with that. There are plenty of silly and fun shows out there worth watching. I do agree that there is a lot of junk shows, but still, plenty of good ones to be found among all that too.

• 2 weeks later...
hehe... junk shows.

*cough* MTV *cough*

now THAT is cancer of society. And as far as the news goes...

I don't think it can really be trusted, but that's just me.

it is a stupidity fest but that would be Americas fault.

Seems like nonsense to me.