OtakuBoards

What's your style of clothing?

Lunar

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I don't really know how to categorize the way I dress.

I have 3 years on me before I hit 30, so I still like to dress "young". My favorite store is Forever 21. Honestly, that store has some of the cutest things ever. I also like to shop at Burberry, Off 5th, etc. I'm not materialistic as I don't really care what anyone else is wearing; I just have a very unhealthy expensive taste.

On an average day I'll be wearing anything from a satin collored dress to a solid colored polo. It really just depends on what I'll be doing that day or where I'm going.

Don't even get me started on shoes. :[[/FONT][/SIZE]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Calypso'][COLOR="Sienna"]NO WAY!!! :animeangr The only thing that's close to cross-dressing is guys wearing pink shirts..........then that's hot. Well only on one guy I've seen. :catgirl:But as far as them cross-dressing, thumbs down.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1]David Bowie? Mick Jagger? Richey James Edwards?

The general connotations for drag are men with beards and obvious male bodies under big dresses and stupid wigs. The cross dressers I'm referring to have such lean bodies that they could easily pass off as women; shaven faces, beautiful make-up that isn't slutty, real, well-cared for hair and so good at it that they're mistaken for women. The only way I know is because I know them as men, and sometimes they don't even have to try; I have this friend who's constantly mistaken for a girl, because of his hair and make-up, and he pulls off cross-dressing the hottest way ever.

That, and, feminine men are incredibly lovely as well. As in Richey James and... the majority of the [i]good[/i] oldies band members. Not simply wearing pink shirts =p.[/size]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]Jeans that aren't 'lesbian' (you know, you see half of the lesbian population running around in the same style jeans.[/size][/QUOTE]

If I catch your drift, and I believe I do, you're referring to "Mom jeans". The high rise jeans that come above the belly button, and may or may not have a stretch waistband. Mom jeans also tend to end about 1-2" above the shoes showing just enough of her black socks to tease you.

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

"I am an evil giraffe, and I shall eat more leaves from this tree then perhaps I should, so that other giraffes may die”
-Eddie Izzard

[quote name='Katakidoushi']If I catch your drift, and I believe I do, you're referring to "Mom jeans". The high rise jeans that come above the belly button, and may or may not have a stretch waistband. Mom jeans also tend to end about 1-2" above the shoes showing just enough of her black socks to tease you.

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Yep, those are the ones. But there's also the jeans the younger generation wear... they're hard to explain. Like feminine, not baggy bit not skin fitting, sort of trailing down over the heels and dragging along the floor. They're hard to explain but... the majority of the lesbians around our Gay Village scene have the same style. And the same hair! THE SAME CUTS! Silly girls. It's probably something to do with the L Word...[/size]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1][B]David Bowie? Mick Jagger? Richey James Edwards? [/B]
[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Sienna"]
You're forgetting one person. That is Prince. [/COLOR]

[img]http://www.missxpose.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/prince.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]Yep, those are the ones. But there's also the jeans the younger generation wear... they're hard to explain. Like feminine, not baggy bit not skin fitting, sort of trailing down over the heels and dragging along the floor. They're hard to explain but... the majority of the lesbians around our Gay Village scene have the same style. And the same hair! THE SAME CUTS! Silly girls. It's probably something to do with the L Word...[/size][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Boyfriend jeans?

Although girls who can pull off boyfriend jeans are awesome. I've only seen like one girl in real life do it.[/font]

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='Calypso][COLOR="Sienna"']Nathan..................................socks? [/COLOR][/quote]Surely you know what socks are correct? It's part of my style when it comes to clothing. Just about everything I wear is practical and comfortable. I don't have labels to list other than perhaps 'EMS' uniform - and even that varies a bit depending on where you live. [/FONT]

[quote name='Katakidoushi']If I catch your drift, and I believe I do, you're referring to "Mom jeans". The high rise jeans that come above the belly button, and may or may not have a stretch waistband. Mom jeans also tend to end about 1-2" above the shoes showing just enough of her black socks to tease you.[/QUOTE]

:animecry: [color=#9933ff]The mom jeans! I hate the mom jeans! My mom won't wear anything but mom jeans and I have it in my mind after the economic crisis has passed to break into my parents bedroom, steal the mom jeans and burn them all in the fire place. What is it in some mother's genetic make up that makes them think tapered legs and high waists are in? They're not, sometimes my mom's bottoms make me shudder which is too bad because she has some cute shoes and she doesn't look her age.

Thankfully even though I'm a mom my 'mom jeans' are still just below the waist and flared. I will never wear mom jeans and I can't quite pull off skinny jeans yet. I just don't know how.

And reading Vicky's post: Oh crap... you just kinda described my pants. :animeblus I'm 5'5 and I wear average length jeans because the short ones are just too damn short and so the hems of my pants always drag. Especially since I hate heels and can only wear them for short periods of time.[/color]

[quote name='Nathan'][FONT="Arial"]Surely you know what socks are correct? It's part of my style when it comes to clothing. Just about everything I wear is practical and comfortable. I don't have labels to list other than perhaps 'EMS' uniform - and even that varies a bit depending on where you live. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Sienna"]You silly! I know what socks are, I'm just a little confused why you're so picky about them. I mean, I don't care if I'm wearing ankle socks or long socks!!! Although I much prefer ankle socks, even in the winter time.:p Or even knee-highs, but only if I can find both of them.................[/COLOR]

I wear polo shirts and jeans mostly. I have ALOT of polo shirts but I'm going to start phasing those and then jeans out in favor of suits. I've been somewhat shifting my style over the last 3 years from tall-tee's and sagging jeans to something a little more comfortable (try sitting down in a wet seat by accident with your underwear exposed, I'm sure if more people did that the style would die).

Suits are fun because they stay in style forever and 4 suits + 20 dress shirts gives you over 100 different outfits. You'll also never go wardrobe changing again. My plan is to have a closet as diverse in suits as Henry Hill from Goodfellas. I may do the jeans and blazer combo but I need to stand in front of a mirror for that.

For those of you who wear dress shoes, do you shine them regularly? I shine mine every weekend.

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='Calypso][COLOR="Sienna"']You silly! I know what socks are, I'm just a little confused why you're so picky about them. I mean, I don't care if I'm wearing ankle socks or long socks!!! Although I much prefer ankle socks, even in the winter time.:p Or even knee-highs, but only if I can find both of them.................[/COLOR][/quote]For the same reason someone is picky about shirts or pants or shoes. It's a matter of comfort. I have times where my job keeps me on my feet for extended periods of time. I found that poorly made socks (I've tried quite a few brands) resulted in chaffing and blisters on my feet.

At a friend's recommendation I tried the socks I mentioned. The issue of chaffing and getting blisters ended. So therefore, I am picky and wear nothing else since I've no desire to go back to the problem I had before. [/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Think Victoria's Secret and not revealing and you'll have my style of clothing down. And yes they have stuff that is 'modest'. Just 'cause the commercials and advertisements show the models wearing them barely buttoned, doesn't mean people who buy them do the same. I like their style since the clothing fits. I tend to stick to jeans over other types of pants, in addition to a combination of knit and cotton shirts. I never keep the names straight when it comes to actual style though.[/COLOR]

[FONT="Arial"]I don't have much of a style. All I ever wear is straight leg or skinny blue jeans and a t-shirt. I have a couple band shirts, but most of what I own are graphic tees from [url]www.threadless.com[/url] or shirts related to my school.

I will occasionally wear black sweatpants to school. In the summer I refuse to wear anything but basketball shorts around my house, and usually when I go out as well. So I'm pretty dumpy most of the time, haha.

You could say I wear a conglomeration of styles, but what that really amounts to is that I still don't have one.[/FONT]

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]My style of clothing is Awesome.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
You and your friend, Dragon Warrior are both wrong. [I][B]MY[/B][/I] style of clothing is [I]Awesome.[/I] Yours is just cool.:catgirl:[/COLOR]

[quote name='chibi-master']I have to admit. I am picky about my socks' style. I hate ankle socks! They never stay on my feet! I LOVE long socks! The longer, the better! I'd have 'em up to my thighs, if I could!:catgirl:[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Sienna"]Wow. You're just like my mom............................[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]I used to wear whatever I could find. I honestly didn't even care if it matched whatsoever. Nont matching was so cool :rolleyes:

Now I try to dress... classy, I suppose. I mix nicer tops with jeans & accessorize whenever I can. Examples: [URL="http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/taperson/Photo476.jpg"]yesterday's outfit[/URL]; [URL="http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/taperson/Photo2.jpg"]today's outfit[/URL].

Erm, yep.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Papyrus"]Personally I'm appreciative of more formal clothing. After wearing jeans and a t-shirt for the past three years of University, I've become more appreciative of the world of business suits and shirts.

If I had a choice [and the weather weren't so warm] I would wear my tailored Fletcher Jones black suit, Pelaco white shirt and a rather snazzy tie all the time.

As I'm getting older, I'm starting to appreciate dressing professionally. I've had a number of meetings and engagements where such attire is required, and I think it rather suits me.

Granted, I'm still happy as a pig in mud to kick back in jeans, a t-shirt and a pair of thongs on my feet. [/FONT][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
Most of the time you'll see me walking around in a plain black tee shirt with a pair of tripp jeans (those really baggy pants with the chains on them) and a pair of army boots. So just imagin a guy about six foot, in complete black, they call me the black glob at school.

As for make up, I use a small amout of white cover up to pale out my complexion, use black eyeliner usualy, sometimes a dark blue. Black lipstick once in a while, if I feel like it, and black nail polish.

Now if Im not in the mood to get all dressed up I'll usually throw on a black tee with some black or blue jeans but their ALWAYS baggy, Im a guy for baggy clothes. Since I don't like to lace up my boots half the time I have my black DC shoes that I use when I go skateboarding.

I don't really have a style as such its just normally whatever the first thing I pick up is, of course my clothes do go through a rigourus testing process.
Does it fit? Sorta, going on anyway
Does it have any visable stains? nope, score
Does it smell? Nope, awesome

And that's normally me set for the day.

The odd time I actually make an effort my dress sense can range anywhere from punk to loli depending on how I feel...but yeah in general no real style of wearing my clothes, and all my 'outfits' revolve around my jeans.

Loose/baggey clothing. (joggin outfits, sweat pants) The long-tees. Your typical "thuggish" (I suppose) clothing. (j/k) I've been wearing that type of get-up for quite a long time, too.

Now I'm getting more into the casual look. Still loose clothing, but not like before (Normally would go a size or 2 up from my actual size). I've been losing weight here and there and haven't had the chance to go get fitted and shop for clothes.

I'm gonna get me some suits too. I'd like to experience one of them black-tie affairs atleast one time to see what it's about.

[quote name='Metalcore501']Most of the time you'll see me walking around in a plain black tee shirt with a pair of tripp jeans (those really baggy pants with the chains on them) and a pair of army boots. So just imagin a guy about six foot, in complete black, they call me the black glob at school.

As for make up, I use a small amout of white cover up to pale out my complexion, use black eyeliner usualy, sometimes a dark blue. Black lipstick once in a while, if I feel like it, and black nail polish.

Now if Im not in the mood to get all dressed up I'll usually throw on a black tee with some black or blue jeans but their ALWAYS baggy, Im a guy for baggy clothes. Since I don't like to lace up my boots half the time I have my black DC shoes that I use when I go skateboarding.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"]................................................wow. Do you ever wear bright colors? Like maybe green or orange or sky blue? I really don't understand why people wear baggy jeans. I mean, what if a dog chases you and you trip over your pants? I sometimes wear kinda baggy jeans, I guess. Only army ones. When i was 12 I had an obsession with army clothes. I do have the jeans in which the bottoms are so long that you end up stepping on them, therefore making the ends of them look bad but in a cool way. I love those jeans.:animesmil[/COLOR]