OtakuBoards

DBZ Smash Bros!

-_MaStErMiNd_-

Well wouldn't it be a cool idea?
Here i thought of goku's stuff

A=Basic Punch
A+->=Smash attack, dragon fist
B=Kamehameha (chargeable, you hold back and release a massive wave, fully charged could do about 40% and have tremendous knock back, takes about 14 seconds to fully charge.
B+up=Instantaneous Movement (instant transmission). (gets you automatically on the nearest platform if u are with in reachable range [computer would calculate that] does about 15% if near to you if u jump with this and there is no near platform it will do nothing)
B+down=Trip (need to be close) (goku trips an opponent and uses an energy blast for about 13%)
B+->=SSJ (makes all of your attacks deals 5% more damage while your in this form, lasts 45 seconds)

So what are your ideas?
Post new characters to, im not patient enough to do it
:box:

Considering this is based on a game for a home consol, it may be arguable to put this topic in the gaming forum somewhere. But whatever...

It really depends what system(s) you might look into putting it on before you decide which bottons do which techniques. I would say PS2, because the bottons on the controller are a reasonable size and nicely spaced out *glares at gamecube.* Also, it would be a great chance to make the first DBZ game for ps2, since all the old ones are on psx. First, to make a game lik that, they hav to be able to get authority to make the game, which could cause trouble in the super smash bro.s department. If they did, it would be almost nothing like it. The controlls you came up with are pretty good, but try this...

->/<-=direction u move, press twice to go fast

(down)=crouch

X=Basic Punch

X+->(<-)=Smash attack, dragon fist

B=Kamehameha (chargeable, you hold back and release a massive wave, fully charged could do about 40% and have tremendous knock back, takes about 14 seconds to fully charge.

∆=Hold down for 3 secs to do instantaneous Movement (instant transmission). (gets you automatically on the nearest platform if u are with in reachable range [computer would calculate that] does about 15% if near to you if u jump with this and there is no near platform it will do nothing)

=Trip (need to be close) (goku trips an opponent and uses an energy blast for about 13%)

O=Picks up items (which come in slightly over-sized capsules)/ use them- blaster (25), sensu beans, stronger blasts (25), weighted clothing (longer you hav it on, more damage your moves do once you take it off. Slows you down and you can get hurt the same until you take it off), try thinking of more items

L1=fly

L2=grab

R1=throw item

R2=shield (breakable)

If you are a Saiyan, after every minute of having the least damage in a row, you go a new ssj form. After SSJ4, you go golden Monkey for 15 secs., then go back to regular form. With others, they aquire the strength at every stage, and at gold oozaru they turn big.

Anyone to decide the characters?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by -_MaStErMiNd_- [/i]
[B]I was actually morely thinking gamecube....its using the SSBM engine so i would just be obvious to do it on gamecube...anyway its just a game that will never exsist... [/B][/QUOTE]
I kno, but it was very fun to talk about...

great idea!!....i have a few lil moves too

a & z =power sheild ,makes your health go up 5 percent and protects you for about 20 seconds

a & b & > or < (depending on direction you want to go )=power headbutt ,you power up and fly real fast towards your opponent and head butt him for about 30% damage

also some items

sensu bean bag= eat it and revitalises you fully

sensu bean (single)= eat it and revitalises 99% health

gokous red stick =kinda of like a beam sword,same damage and effect ..can do the homerun function too though

dragonballs =throw them at people to give them damage or knock them off the platform

namekian dragonballs =just like red shells,(they move around on a plat form)

scouter =makes all your opponent's attacks have less damage
(lasts 30 seconds)

the dragon (shenron)= makes you invinsable for 30 seconds

those are all my ideas...that wud be fun as too play!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lil_hell4t [/i]
[B]great idea!!....i have a few lil moves too

a & z =power sheild ,makes your health go up 5 percent and protects you for about 20 seconds

a & b & > or < (depending on direction you want to go )=power headbutt ,you power up and fly real fast towards your opponent and head butt him for about 30% damage

also some items

sensu bean bag= eat it and revitalises you fully

sensu bean (single)= eat it and revitalises 99% health

gokous red stick =kinda of like a beam sword,same damage and effect ..can do the homerun function too though

dragonballs =throw them at people to give them damage or knock them off the platform

namekian dragonballs =just like red shells,(they move around on a plat form)

scouter =makes all your opponent's attacks have less damage
(lasts 30 seconds)

the dragon (shenron)= makes you invinsable for 30 seconds

those are all my ideas...that wud be fun as too play!! [/B][/QUOTE]
What would your version be if it was geared to ps2 and u had to use all the bottons? Ah, it would be axactly mine, wouldn' it?!?-

[B]not really ....i added some items...and some moves ...they are pretty different from yours ...ermm...well to me they are..arent they?....owell like you said its fun to make these things up:D [/B][/QUOTE]
Yup. I wonder if they would respond if we mailed them with the idea. I mean. Look how much time we put into this!!! And it is such a great idea!!! Plus it could go to both gameCube AND ps2:D

[B]ill bet you if we emailed them (them being another heartless multi-national corporation)they wouldnt listen...na j/k...we could try.... [/B][/QUOTE]
Ur right, they would NEVER listen to us in a million years. Especailly not to a bunch of "stupid" kids. They r too busy for us, it would nevr work. They probably wouldn't even get our message......so, what we do, we go to [url]http://www.playstation.com/[/url] and look for an email adress...the head over to [url]http://www.nintendo.com/[/url] and do the same thing...BREAK!!...

Well...... Playstation is usually the one to make DBZ related games, and Playstation wouldnt be able to do a Smash Bros type game because it would be steeling. So Unless Nintendo and Playstation Merge with in the Next Year or 2, it probably will never exist. And if they do merge, then DBZ probably wont be as popular as it is now.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Saiyaman
[b][size=1]I swear I have seen some weird topics in my time but this takes the cup cake. You are actually giving out the bottoms to do if it was real! Very weird.[/b][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Krillen [/i]
[B]Well...... Playstation is usually the one to make DBZ related games, and Playstation wouldnt be able to do a Smash Bros type game because it would be steeling. So Unless Nintendo and Playstation Merge with in the Next Year or 2, it probably will never exist. And if they do merge, then DBZ probably wont be as popular as it is now. [/B][/QUOTE]

Playstation and Nintindo stared out one company, but there was an idea made to have cd games, nintindo didnt want any part of it so thats why playstaion is here today...and i can guarentee they aint getting back together...also, DBZ Super Smash Bros. would be a good game, but it would better on XBox, nintindo and playstation could give the rights to making the game on Xbox, and they could share the profits..very interesting idea...

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]LOL, I guess this topic was getting a bit heated. Anyways, I think a DBZ game with a SSB:M engine would be pretty sweet. The only reason I don't see it working is because all of the characters are basically the same. Plus, there is flight to deal with (though I am sure it could be handled easily enough with enough planning).

I won't even touch the comments on which system is better. .

Anyways, for the DBZ game, perhaps an unlockable Goku would be in there? He is pint sized, has that magical extending stick (. . sicko), and perhaps even Nimbus? That said:

A - Swings his weapon (Of course, the directions come into play to decide how and where he attacks)

Holding A - Smash attack.
--Forward and A - Dragon Punch
--Down and A - results in a small jump, shaking the ground
--Up and A - results in a high jump, and comes down at an angle kicking.

B - The pole extends maybe about twice the size, causing some decent damage to those in front of him.

Up + B - Nimbus comes and picks him up just a bit (his last resort jump)

Down +B - He gets in a fighting stance, and after a few seconds, releases a Kamehameha. A decent sized blast that flies across the screen. Obviously weaker then Adult Goku's blast, but perhaps this one is a longer range.

Hitting Z - Charges up your Ki shield. It slowly wears out after tapping Z, but you take less damage then if you never used it at all. It would of course become second hand to just tap that every five seconds when you play.

R and L - Powered up Ki shield. Obviously drops when you let go, but will protect you from a lot of damage.
--R and L also serve as a grapple. Get up close and tap it. Pressing A while grappling results in the extender pole knocking the enemy away, direction depending on what way you hit.
--Pressing B while grappling causes a Ki blast to knock them away. The longer you hold, the more powerful.

Oh well. . just my first attempt. Perhaps I will post another, but I am rather tired 0.0 Let me know what you think.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

if u talk to Funimation it could happen but you gies wouldnt have smash bros anywere and btw i have X-box so try to e-mail funamation ....."goes into deepdeep thought" ding ding "light bolb lights up ontop of head" we could get almost ALL the members to send and e-mailthat way they are more likely to read it and use the idea of it ...... we should pm adam or James and tell them about the idea then have the site e-mail link in a sticky on gd and have the idea on it and of the subject Before Posting on thais form pleese check out this.... and ya know everyone would that went into gd..."thinks more" mabye we could get permishion form adam or james to put the same sticky on each board..... then everyone is sure to see....also in the post we will have to have what we would like them to e-mail to funimation
And if we sent that much e-mails mabye we would get a e-mail back ... Btw i think we should have them e-mail back adam or James and then they could make a thread on each board saying they are thinking about it or sumthin but well thats my **** good .30c :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :toothy: :excited: