OtakuBoards

Funeral March

sbsp13668

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I dunno if there's been a topic already made for this, but I hope not! :catgirl: So, what song do you want to be played at your funeral?

I don't want a bunch of people getting dressed up or depressed at my funeral (for the few who'd show up), so I'd like:

"Cotton Eye Joe" (techno remix) by: The Rednex
"I've Got A Lovely Bunch of Coconuts" by: Monty Python (not too sure if that's who made it)
"Bloody Well Right" or "Dreamer" by: Supertramp

:catgirl:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT="Arial"][URL="http://www.imeem.com/ryukyuman/music/HaPxeUHf/rhodes_singers_salvation_is_created/"][COLOR="Blue"]This.[/COLOR][/URL]

Choir only, started after I've begun burning. Nothing else.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Good God, that is amazing.

I've been considering what I would have played at my funeral. I think this would be a pretty amazing, and moving, choice.

EDIT: I made an MP3 rip from that link. If anybody wants it, I'll upload it onto Mediafire.

I should probably take more time to think about it, but off the top of my head I would choose either:

[b]Back In Black[/b] by AC/DC
(for the obvious reincarnation references)

or

[b]Lighthouse[/b] by Interpol

The latter is my more likely choice because of the incredible soundscape that the band was able to create, and the moving lyrics:

[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Slow now

And let the waves have their way now
Slow, and let the waves have their day

And I want that

Here I've been living on roofs made from sin
Upward and outward, "Begin, begin."

Here I've been lucid I'm living within
Inwardly urgent, I'm sinking again[/CENTER][/SIZE][/SIZE]

I already posted this one someone's world, but I shall post it here:

I wouldn't mind having Motion Picture Soundtrack by Radiohead to be played at my funeral. It starts off sounding really mellow, but it builds up slowly as an uplifting song. I think it's perfect since it also ends with the line:

"I will see you in the next life."

That or Videotape by the same artist simply because of this, although I'm not too fond of the studio version:

"This is my way of saying goodbye
because I can't do it face to face.
I'm talking to you before it's too late
on my videotape.
No matter what happens now,
I won't be afraid
because I know
today has been the most perfect day I have ever seen"

You can check out these songs here:
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ju8xO_Zvfo[/url] (Motion Picture Soundtrack)
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg2o6CrGF9E[/url] (Videotape)

[size=1][B]You're Already Dead[/b] by [B]Crass[/b]. Basically goes... "you're already dead, you're already dead, you're-"

No?

Okay in all seriousness I would probably just have one of my favourite songs. I'd go for my favourite bands but it's not fitting for a funeral scene. I think I have a few...

[B]Hurt[/b] by [B]Nine Inch Nails[/B] NOT JOHNNY CASH... butchered the song...
[B]My December[/b] by Linkin Park
[B]Creep[/b] by Radiohead
[B]Fields of Gold[/b] by Enya.

But, above all, this song: [url]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z8DURP5xQCA[/url]

Now all that there is just because they're fitting songs for me and because it would make people cry. I'm not too sure I'd like to do that though. If it were entirely up to me... which is mostly isn't because I'm dead and don't get to slap anyone who changes it... then I'd have them playing [b]I Kissed a Girl[/b] by [b]Katy Perry[/b] and all the [b]Spice Girls[/b] tracks you can find.

I was never big on funeral music because my dead relatives ruined some of my favourite classical songs. I might request 'the chart number one' just to be a bint.[/size]