Allamorph Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 [FONT=Arial]I apologise for not getting around to voting in the second match this partial-round. I was nasty sick from Tuesday evening until yesterday morning, and I'm still not completely over it. Just couldn't get any coherent thoughts together. I should be fine for the last stuff, though.[/FONT]
DeLarge Posted February 14, 2009 Posted February 14, 2009 [SIZE=1]I'm not going to be able to post or vote or anything for a week, as I'm leaving for America tomorrow and will have little to no internet access. Sorry I won't be able to vote in round 1.3, but I should be back in time for round 2.[/SIZE]
Mykul Posted February 24, 2009 Author Posted February 24, 2009 Alright, Anomaly and Lrb both have their pieces in. Let's get on with the voting, everyone, and then we can [I]finally[/I] move on to round 2!
Mykul Posted March 5, 2009 Author Posted March 5, 2009 Alright, Who's ready for round 2? I know you guys have all been waiting patiently for your next matches, and I thank you for the Xteenth time. The opponent list will be up soon, followed closely by the actual challenges. Oh, and congratulations to Anomaly.
Mykul Posted March 6, 2009 Author Posted March 6, 2009 Triple post for the win. Alright! The round 2 match-ups are as follows: [SIZE="4"]Anomaly versus Shy Vicky versus DeLarge[/SIZE] I'll have the challenges up soon. Any trash-talking is encouraged. :p
Ellerby Posted March 7, 2009 Posted March 7, 2009 [FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Aaaah nicely done, Anom-nom. You certainly crushed me. >_< I'm glad I was able to make up somewhat for members ditching the event. At least those who passed don't feel like they got a free pass now. :) And a special thanks to Allamorph for his extensive response to our challenge. He wrote with a lot of wisdom and I really learned a lot about my writing from that one post. :animenose Thanks! I'll be sure to vote in the future rounds.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Shy Posted March 7, 2009 Posted March 7, 2009 [size=1]I look forward to losing to Anomaly, but it should be fun. Let's do this thing! -Run[/size]
OMNOMNOMALY Posted March 7, 2009 Posted March 7, 2009 [font="georgia"]No trash talking, only love! Have some inspiration, courtesy of Advice Dog! [IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/StaticAnonymity/1234848612425.jpg[/IMG] Hahaha. That was fun, Lrrrb. I'm glad you got a chance to participate as well, made it much more interesting! Stoked on round 2. Let's do this, kiddies![/font]
DeLarge Posted March 7, 2009 Posted March 7, 2009 [SIZE=1]Ohh crap. I knew I'd end up facing someone good. Oh wait, everyone in this competition has been good! Ah well, let's fight for our honour, Vicky! [/SIZE]
Vicky Posted March 8, 2009 Posted March 8, 2009 [size=1]Battle of the Brits! I'm half terrified and half excited. Excited because I was actually hoping to face you, DeLarge, because I think our brains work in the same odd, dark and twisted way =p. Good luck everyone![/size]
chibi-master Posted March 8, 2009 Posted March 8, 2009 [quote name='Vicky'][size=1]Battle of the Brits! I'm half terrified and half excited. Excited because I was actually hoping to face you, DeLarge, because I think our brains work in the same odd, dark and twisted way =p. Good luck everyone![/size][/QUOTE] Wait, where's the terrified reason?:confused:
DeLarge Posted March 8, 2009 Posted March 8, 2009 [quote=chibi-master] Quote: Originally Posted by [B]Vicky[/B] [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=833334#post833334"][IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/images/indigo/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG][/URL] [I][SIZE=1]Battle of the Brits! I'm half terrified and half excited. Excited because I was actually hoping to face you, DeLarge, because I think our brains work in the same odd, dark and twisted way =p. Good luck everyone![/SIZE][/I] Wait, where's the terrified reason?:confused: [/quote] [SIZE=1]Isn't it obvious? Heh heh heh.[/SIZE]
chibi-master Posted March 9, 2009 Posted March 9, 2009 [quote name='DeLarge'][SIZE=1]Isn't it obvious? Heh heh heh.[/SIZE][/QUOTE] OH!!! >< Gotta admit, you played that one beautifully...
Haku877 Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 So the Winner is Anomaly? Is there another round or something?
OMNOMNOMALY Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 [quote name='Haku877']So the Winner is Anomaly? Is there another round or something?[/QUOTE] [quote name='Mykul']Triple post for the win. Alright! The round 2 match-ups are as follows: [SIZE="4"]Anomaly versus Shy Vicky versus DeLarge[/SIZE] I'll have the challenges up soon. Any trash-talking is encouraged. :p[/QUOTE] [font="garamond"]=) I won that last round, but it's not over yet![/font]
chibi-master Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 [quote name='Anomaly'][font="garamond"]=) I won that last round, but it's not over yet![/font][/QUOTE] Got that right! C'mon Mykul!!! I want to see these rounds, man! They sound like interesting match-ups.
Mykul Posted March 13, 2009 Author Posted March 13, 2009 It took me some time to get around to it (koluj iz hard), but round 2 is now on the boards! Oh, now would be a good time to mention the prize. Thanks to Haku, the winner of the contest will receive a token of their triumph.
Vicky Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 [size=1]OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH WILL YOU MARRY ME?! .... As you can tell I'm dead excited. Oh yeah.[/size]
Drizzt Do'urden Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 [quote name='Vicky'][SIZE=1]OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH WILL YOU MARRY ME?![/SIZE] [/quote] I don't think either Delarge could EVER top that right there. Though it breaks the 400 word rule I'd have to say I feel more distubed then ever....
DeLarge Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 [SIZE=1]Weeell, this will be fun, even if I have a sinking feeling that I'm going to lose this one to Vicky. She's obviously far more disturbed than me. Battle of the Mentally-Disturbed Brits GO! [/SIZE]
Mykul Posted March 13, 2009 Author Posted March 13, 2009 [quote name='Vicky'][size=1]OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH WILL YOU MARRY ME?! .... As you can tell I'm dead excited. Oh yeah.[/size][/QUOTE] You're a lesbian, and I'm often emotionally unavailable.... Yeah, we'd make a pretty good married couple. :p
Mykul Posted March 16, 2009 Author Posted March 16, 2009 I just received a request for longer entry deadlines. I'll be pushing back the due dates for both challenges. Be advised!
DeLarge Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 [SIZE=1]That was close - 799 words! It's all done - I'm not totally happy with it, but it was the best I could come up with in the time (you had to pick my busiest week to hold the contest in, didn't you Mykul?). I went for broke and tried something different - I'm not used to writing in the present tense, and I'm hoping it worked. I also kind of feel that I relied too much on conventional creepy stuff - I'm interested to see what Vicky comes up with. Like I say, hopefully it worked. If not, it was quite fun to write anyway. Looks like everyone else is leaving it to the last minute, just to make it more exciting. [/SIZE]
Vicky Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 [size=1]Mine is done... ...but not posted >_<;; I have internets now to post it but I left the piece on my friend's computer who doesn't have the internet to even send it me. Luckily I'm off back there tonight to shove it on disc =). I'd say I was leaving it to the last minute as well but I did mind earlier this week haha.[/size]
Shy Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 [size=1]Ergh. I've been looking at the deadline for voting and thinking that it was the deadline for submissions! Whoops. I work all weekend, but I can likely squeeze in something tonight. Good thing I noticed that now. -Shy[/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now