OtakuBoards

The Happy Thread!

chibi-master

Okay, I feel really energized and happy!

So I was wondering, when have you ever been very happy and why? Also, what makes you happy and why?

Anything to do with the subject of happy or joyful or blissful, put it here! And if anything ever makes you feel really happy, tell here! Now, unleash your positive thoughts!!!:catgirl:

[size=1]When I'm high.

Haha I'm kidding. Had to be said.

Umm... I'm normally happy when I'm not by myself and with other people, though not too many people because that's just silly. Normally just with a few group of friends or something that keeps my mind occupied. I'm also very happy at gigs and shows, or when I'm doing something that requires little to no care. I prefer to be around people who share the same kind of thinking though, ain't one for being happy-go-lucky around strangers I've never met before.

I get far too happy when I'm drunk, sadly, but that's more like fake happiness. Apparently it's creepy but oh well.

Generally speakin' I ain't too much of a happy person - if I'm being happy I'm probably being sarcastic =3.[/size]

[SIZE="1"]I'm happy when I'm training(Taekwondo, Muay Thai). I love training and sparring, which is why I talk about it so much. I'm there everyday for atleast four hours, so I know a lot of cool people from there that I enough hanging out with and sparring with.

I'm also very happy when I'm at church. I don't get along with my dad all the time, but when I'm there I tend to talk to him more.

Drawing makes me happy too, but I don't get to do that as much as I used too. That was always one of my passions.[/SIZE]

[quote name='SaiyanPrincessX'][SIZE="1"]I'm also very happy when I'm at church.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Same here. I'm a church guy. I'm not really all that talkative around people in general (although I can hold my own in a conversation, if I can contribute), but being in church makes me a little more open.

[FONT=Arial]I'm happiest when I'm playing an intricate, demanding piece of music for concert band or jazz big band. I get a massive kick out of really powerful band pieces or, say, a decent Count Basie chart, which is usually nuts to figure out.

That, and either doing or just being finished with really strenuous physical work. So really, anything that makes me breathe.

....I....don't usually breathe a lot........

>_>[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]
That, and either doing or just being finished with really strenuous physical work. So really, anything that makes me breathe.

>_>[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to agree. I'm happiest when I"m at the gym or on a run. Plus, there's no greater feeling than the one that sets in about an hour after you finish exercising.

Other than that, I'm happiest when my roommate goes to bed, so I can just chill. I hide in the little cave that his lofted bed makes with our futon, and write until I force myself to sleep.

Karate makes me happy! Especially sparring! Also, I'm ecstatic if I perform the katas without flaw! In fact, that's why I was so happy when I started this thread!:animesmil

My friends make me happy, and so do happy sounding songs like [B]You, Me, & The Bourgeoisie[/B]! And my delightful puppy, Tucker!:catgirl:

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial']I'm happiest when I'm playing an intricate, demanding piece of music for concert band or jazz big band. [/FONT][/quote]Same here, there's just nothing quite like it. After music comes activities like hiking. There's also nothing like enjoying a good stroll out in the woods. :catgirl:

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Blue"][B]A couple of my friends just made a list of 1,000 Reasons to Smile. I helped a bit, as well as all of our friends. I figured it kind of pertained to this thread, so I'll share it with you. Hopefully you find something that makes you smile![/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='kenshinsbabe'][SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Blue"][B]
510. Screw, kill, marry[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Quite possibly the entry that made me smile the most, for sheer hilarity.

Every wednesday I play at an open mic jam and am always invited to sing with the house band at the end of the night because all of the musicians in there love my voice. That is easily the best feeling I know.

Otherwise, sex.

[quote name='Kinetix']
Otherwise, sex.[/QUOTE]

[spoiler]I haven't done that in a while so in that esscence I'm just not too happy[/spoiler]

[color=#9933ff]Watching something funny makes me happy. I should really dig up some Animaniacs episodes online, because they made me really happy.

What else makes me happy? A feeling of self worth- God that sounds so... sappy? But I get that a lot at work even if sometimes my jobs drive me crazy. Especially my full time one. Sometimes the best way to be happy is to make someone else be happy first.[/color]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Nostalgia, a good laugh, and some decent storytelling. This is why I still love stuff like Animaniacs, Freakazoid!, old Cartoon Network shows, etc.

Otherwise, my fondness of a good plot gets me into a lot of JRPGs and anime, and I'll never pass up a decent book. I love the sense of accomplishment I get from achieving a new rank in my karate training, the feeling that comes with playing a song in front of an audience and the unabashed giddiness of offing a particularly troublesome baddie in a Tales game.

I tend to do a lot of this stuff most of the time, and there's other stuff that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, so I tend to be reasonably content most of the time.[/FONT]

When I overdose on chocolates...

Just kidding.

A good laugh, a dose of theO chat insanity and fun stories get me feeling happy. A lot of other simple stuff like a good photo or scene, food... good times with good friends...

A lot of little stuff can make me feel happy. ^_^

Edit:

Also, since we are talking about "feeling happy", here's a wallpaper I made some time ago...
[URL="http://www.theotaku.com/wallpapers/view/159965/l_eating_cake"][IMG]http://www.theotaku.com/submissions/thumbnails/wallpapers/5/9/9/6/5/thumb-790-20080706030348.jpg[/IMG]
[/URL]
There's a little caption at the side of that character. It reads, ""Can't you see that eating sweets makes me feel so much better?"

Though "Feel better" and "Feeling Happy" may seem a bit different, I thought the two are a bit related. :D

I am always happy when I am hyper. That is a given. I get hyper quite often.

I usually get hyper when I just ate, when I haven eaten, when I learned of good news, I play with my dog, when I am with friends 50% of the time, and when I am doing something I enjoy. I'm just an overall happy person. Being happy is a lot of fun!