OtakuBoards

The Valentine's Day Thread!

chibi-master

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']You're a guy DB, even though it goes both ways... usually... it's the [I]guy[/I] who asks someone out not the other way around ([SIZE="1"]at least where I live[/SIZE]). =P And yes I know this doesn't cover all scenarios...[/QUOTE]

ZETSUBOU SHITA!!!

Oh well. Like I said, I don't have a love interest, so I'm not going to be asking anyone out. I am new (rather, not even a beginner - have never begun) to this whole dating thing. And maybe I should stay that way?

This is why I hate holidays. They invoke such confusion.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='2009DigitalBoy']ZETSUBOU SHITA!!!

Oh well. Like I said, I don't have a love interest, so I'm not going to be asking anyone out. I am new (rather, not even a beginner - have never begun) to this whole dating thing. And maybe I should stay that way?

This is why I hate holidays. They invoke such confusion.[/QUOTE]
I feel you man... Welcome to the club of singles... Or have you been here for a while and I just didn't see you?

"Singles Awareness Day".
I've never been a fan of the holiday. People have always only used it to show off their SOs or just how many friends they have measured by how much they give or receive.

This year will be even worse than previous ones though, having been recently dumped by my gf of two years. Still got her on the mind and don't want to even think about relationships yet, let alone watch everyone else flaunt theirs. *bitter*
D<

I may just see if one of my single friends is free and maybe go out to lunch or dinner or something. Because I'm that ****en exciting.

[quote name='NinjaGirlSango']"Singles Awareness Day".
I've never been a fan of the holiday. People have always only used it to show off their SOs or just how many friends they have measured by how much they give or receive.

This year will be even worse than previous ones though, having been recently dumped by my gf of two years. Still got her on the mind and don't want to even think about relationships yet, let alone watch everyone else flaunt theirs. *bitter*
D<

I may just see if one of my single friends is free and maybe go out to lunch or dinner or something. Because I'm that ****en exciting.[/QUOTE]

:o wow im sorry to hear about the GF thing...but im gonna do the same thing. im taking one of my good friends from high school out to dinner..who knows it might even go better then i think :animeswea

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I've always claimed that Friday the 13th was my lucky day. This year, it has no choice but to be.

I have two options:

1: find a special girl and have something to do for Valentines,

2: not find a special girl, therefore keeping my money that much longer.

Win-win.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

:animesmil NICE! you just give me an idea

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][I]Copypasta![/I][/SIZE]

I never do much beyond giving little valentines to my friends. It's usually all in fun so I enjoy the day. It's only once a year and I see no reason to dislike it. Maybe once I've had a boyfriend I'll understand why people get the idea to hate the day, but until then? Bah! I'm going to keep liking it like I always have. :catgirl:

Oh and because somethings [I]never[/I] change: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=805143&postcount=17"][U]Linkage![/U][/URL] Or QFT take your pick. =P[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]So the day is coming to a close (at least for me it is) and now let's play what did you do for the day? Mine was pretty normal since my fiancée works nights and didn't get up until late afternoon. So I played Tales of the Abyss and finally beat the game.

Then later on I went to do stuff with Nathan. Ironically, as nice as the late afternoon/evening was, the best part was when it was snowing outside and we just curled up under a blanket on the sofa and watched. It was just a nice calm and peaceful day and that made it very enjoyable. Anyway, that sums up my day pretty well.

Oh and just cause this is fun:

[CENTER][IMG]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/funny-pictures-cat-is-in-trouble-with-his-lady.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='2009DigitalBoy']There's 'that cute girl in my art class' but her personality is like a brick wall that all conversations ram into.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like an eroge character, haha. Guess tsundere isn't the only personality type that doesn't work so well in real life.

~Dagger~

Well, instead of moping around the house like I thought I would, I went ice skating with my best friend! So maybe Valentine's wasn't so bad for me. Ah, who am I kidding, it was great! I only fell once, and got only [I]teensy[/I] blisters! And when I bought a stuffed animal from a vending machine for $5, I got my change in the form of golden dollar coins! So, yay for me!:catgirl:

[size=1]Dunno about you lot but mine was pretty good. We had a meal (different place because the goons at the other restaurant didn't put her name down) and then went for a few drinks...

...I say a few but we were all out until about four in the morning haha.

The girlfriend liked the lighter and I got a silver necklace =3. And a rose but a petal fell off and Kate (being drunk) decided to throw it halfway across the dance floor because it was 'ruined'.

Unfortunately there was a bit of drama but that's only because my girlfriend was drunk. She took it upon herself to have a go at me for every little thing I did (one of them was 'talking to that Welsh bird')... then when we got home she straddled my friend and plucked her eyebrows to nearly non-existence... got really hyper and wouldn't stop laughing at the most [i]inappropriate[/i] times and also tore my shirt open because the buttons were annoying or something O_o.

Haha she's so hungover right now so it's good karma, I say.

What a great little day it was =D.[/size]