OtakuBoards

The Valentine's Day Thread!

chibi-master

Okay, okay, I guess it's about time for this...

So, whatcha' gonna do for Valentine's Day? Anyone going to propose? Get married? Confess to a crush? Are you going to give anyone special chocolates? Or give those "I'm abliged to give everyone in the class one of these in order to create the illusion that I care about everyone in this class" valentines (If you're in one of those schools. I am.)?

So, spill it! Tell, tell! Y'know, let it all out in this lil ol' lurv thread! But if anyone posts anything to do with "Love Shack", I swear, I'll...:animeangr

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="1"]Oh goodie... :animesigh

I've always hated Valetine's Day, I always thought it was so pointless. When I was younger, in elementry school we used to decorate shoe boxes where everyone would put Valentines in, and had a contest of whos shoe boxes looked the best. Haha, I still have the one my mom helped me with and I won. Geez, that was in 2nd grade?! I despise those Valentine's candy hearts, they're disgusting...unless you get the Sweet Tart ones, mmm.

I do have a boyfriend right now, but I don't see myself doing anything special or out of the ordinary. I don't want chocolates, and no flowers. I'm more of the boxing gloves type, thats my kind of gift.

February 14(1912) is when Arizona became a state, and since that where I'm from and I miss it, my mom and I usually celebrate that day as Arizona Day, lol.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Well, unless something goes spectacularly wrong in the next couple of weeks, this will be my first Valentine's Day when I've not been single. However, I don't think we'll be doing anything massively special, mostly because I'm flying out to America early the following morning, which doesn't give us much of a chance to do anything special in the evening.

We'll probably just hang out and watch a movie in the afternoon or something - I'll make sure I'm packed a couple of days before, so I don't have to do anything on the day. It's all a bit too cheesy and tacky nowadays, so there's not point doing any massive romantic gestures.

In previous years, myself and all my friends have been bitter singletons, so we used to always go out for a meal together, which was always fun.
[/SIZE]

"Love Shack! Baby, Love Shack!"

That song always makes me happy when it comes on my iPod. *shot*

Now for the topic at hand: I hate Valentine's Day. It's a ridiculous holiday. Maybe I'm biased because I've never had a serious relationship and someone to share the holiday with... Or the fact that since elementary, the only Valentine's Day gift I've received was from my mom. :animedepr

But hopefully, My Bloody Valentine 3D will cheer me up! :animesmil

[quote name='Darren']"Love Shack! Baby, Love Shack!"

That song always makes me happy when it comes on my iPod. *shot*

Now for the topic at hand: I hate Valentine's Day. It's a ridiculous holiday. Maybe I'm biased because I've never had a serious relationship and someone to share the holiday with... Or the fact that since elementary, the only Valentine's Day gift I've received was from my mom. :animedepr[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"]Whatever, man, my Mom gave awesome Valentine's Day gifts!

Haha, but yeah I'll second all that. Never been in a relationship on Valentine's Day, so to me it's just another day of the month. In years past, I'd just hang out with my fellow singles and do something fun and unrelated to the "holiday".[/FONT]

[quote name='Darren']"Love Shack! Baby, Love Shack!"

That song always makes me happy when it comes on my iPod. *shot*[/QUOTE]

*blows at smoke coming from pistol* Hey, I warned ya'.:p

Anyway, I've got another question! Does anybody here believe in that Valentine's Day conspiracy thing? If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to DeviantArt and search for Death Note: Valentines Rant. (Sorry, I don't know how to link!:animedepr)

To help the Chibi-master out... here is that [URL="http://silentreaper.deviantart.com/art/Death-Note-Valentines-Rant-48753631"]Valentines Rant [/URL] link to those lazy bums out there (like me... ) that are too "pre-occupied" to do a search.

Yeah, that comic gave me some LULZ...

Valentines Plan? It does not exist! Hehehe.

[quote name='Darren']"Love Shack! Baby, Love Shack!"[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Tahoma"]Love Shack BABY! *also shot*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][IMG]http://www.cosmates.jp/shop/images/products/gothic471_big.jpg[/IMG]

I am donning this for the sake of my boyfriend, who will by then be freshly returned from a mission he's doing overseas for the army that he can't tell me about which is super romantic by the way. So I'll be wearing that, and the rest as they say, is up to you to figure out.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='chibi-master']So, whatcha' gonna do for Valentine's Day? [/QUOTE]
The same thing I do every year. (holiday) Chill out. Depending on what day it's on, I may be in class. I try not to get into all the relationship mumbo jumbo. I'm trying to get myself situated before jumping into all that stuff.

[size=1][strike]So I'll kick back and laugh at all those going through relationship problems. :devil: [/strike][/size]

[quote name='jomz']To help the Chibi-master out... here is that [URL="http://silentreaper.deviantart.com/art/Death-Note-Valentines-Rant-48753631"]Valentines Rant [/URL] link to those lazy bums out there (like me... ) that are too "pre-occupied" to do a search.[/QUOTE]

Th-thank you, kind stranger!!!:animecry:

Anyway, I'm probably going to pig out on required chocolate, candy, etc. Ah, I feel the cavaties already! Though I hate dark chocolate...too bitter...:animedepr

[FONT="Arial"]I like Valentines Day. It's just a whimsical holiday and therefore a perfect excuse to give someone you care about a small token of affection/appreciation. I'm engaged to be married so naturally I'll be doing something for my fiancé. But since she's a member here, I'll leave it at that so as not to spoil just what I have in mind. [/FONT]

What am I going to do aside from hiding from Des? Uh, be glad that it falls on a Saturday this year so doing something will be much easier to plan. I feel the same way that Nathan does about it, that it's a perfect excuse to give someone you care about a small token of affection/appreciation. Doesn't have to be a girlfriend, just a best friend or even your mother. Though after last year, everyone knows who I'll be doing something for.

I'm gonna try to not think about her in my life again while I sip on my Valentines tea that I bought from Adagio.com.

/end advertising

But in all seriousness, I will probably just do that. I don't really care much about Valentines day either. I'm still searching…

[quote name='skllngtn']iMA GIVE HER (MY SPECIAL SOMEONE) CHOCOLATES AND A PLUSH TOY
PLUS A ROSE <3[/QUOTE]

Stop makin' all the single people (myself included) feel like, crap, darn it!:p

Yeah, forgot to add that to my list...sulking about the fact that I have no lovey-dovey partner...:animedepr

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="fiolex girls"][SIZE="7"][COLOR="Magenta"][B]D[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=#9933ff][SIZE="4"][FONT="monotype corsiva"]amn it's that time again? I still have to mail my cards out- last year I found the best one for my friend Lisa which included some guy named Adam being drowned- Adam is her boyfriend of eight years.

This year I'll be celebrating with my daughter and my online friends. My boyfriend is away at school and one of my friends who lives locally is married which equals plans that night. Last year I did the same thing... except maybe I worked too, I forget.

Last year my boyfriend didn't get me anything because he said that they card he was making me didn't look right so he threw it out so this year I opted for asking for Canadian quarters- I want July, April, Summer, spring, British Columbia, and the 2010 winter olympics (FYI Canada did quarters like the US state quarters, but lacking the fifty states the did the provinces, the seasons, the months and then last year they also released a quarter for the 2010 Winter Olympics being held in Vancouver BC) It's cheaper than flowers, chocolate and shoes.

He can't complain though, this year I got him a CD, last year I made a mixed one to help with his school project. Now all I need is a card.

Chibi, you can be my Valentine too if you want.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Kinetix']Oh, it will. It's a god awful movie, but the sheer excitement from gore and weapons constantly flying at you is quite enjoyable.[/QUOTE]
Well then, I'll rest easy knowing that in movie land, karma always kills the happy couples... Although, my friend already ruined the ending for me.

i think valentines day is a ridiculous holiday. haha its just an excuse for companies to make ****-load more money and us to be conned into buying useless crap. haha
and don't get me wrong. i'll be spending this valentines day with the same guy as last year, and the year before that; so its not like i'm just being a bitter "singleton" its just that i find it a useless way to spend money. especially when my birthday is at the end of January and his is in March. so its like "hey, spend a lot of money 3 months in a row! yay"

haha call me crazy, but i don't like the holiday.
(oh, and yay for censorship -.- wtf?)

[size=1]Normally don't care about it...

...but this year a very lovely [i]cockney[/i] (cockney cockney cockney - you just fall in love with the voice) is taking me out for a meal for free. She's also 21 which is damn good. And pretty as anything. And nice. And bought me a rose.

But we're not in a relationship and don't intend to be in one, so I'm technically single =p.

Not sure what else we have planned, possibly just the meal.

I'm probably just going to make her talk all day and try and force her to teach me some rhyming slang XD.[/size]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]Normally don't care about it...

...but this year a very lovely [i]cockney[/i] (cockney cockney cockney - you just fall in love with the voice) is taking me out for a meal for free. She's also 21 which is damn good. And pretty as anything. And nice. And bought me a rose.

But we're not in a relationship and don't intend to be in one, so I'm technically single =p.

Not sure what else we have planned, possibly just the meal.

I'm probably just going to make her talk all day and try and force her to teach me some rhyming slang XD.[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="fiolex girls"][SIZE="7"][COLOR="Magenta"][B]D[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]amn you Vicky. I would love to be around to just hear someone with a cockney accent speak. Or maybe any accent barring Central Texan (yes that is its own accent) and Quebec (Gor! It sounds like a bad cross between Pepe Le Pew and Robin Hood from Shrek) Yeah just one night I want to be around someone with an accent (Canadian doesn't count as an accent!) I wonder if it's an American thing.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][FONT="fiolex girls"][SIZE="7"][COLOR="Magenta"][B]D[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]amn you Vicky. I would love to be around to just hear someone with a cockney accent speak. Or maybe any accent barring Central Texan (yes that is its own accent) and Quebec (Gor! It sounds like a bad cross between Pepe Le Pew and Robin Hood from Shrek) Yeah just one night I want to be around someone with an accent (Canadian doesn't count as an accent!) I wonder if it's an American thing.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]It's the greatest accent in the world (second best being Mancunian... which is mine! =p), especially when she swears. It was also funny when she said "I didn't know V Day was the same date each year!" in a cockney accent because I was in stitches all morning. Daft and cockney is the way forward!

She does get irritated because I normally sit there and go "say feck! Say bloody hell!" and an assortment of other phrases.

It should be a good day for once. I also plan on going to London and collecting cockneys some days afterwards as well.[/size]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][COLOR=#9933ff][SIZE="4"][FONT="monotype corsiva"]Chibi, you can be my Valentine too if you want.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Th-thank you!!!:animecry: *clings to you like a wet beach towel*

Well, Nerdsy, I was going to offer to help you with those posters, but as you can see, I now have a Valentine!:p But I nominate...Darren (the werewolf one) to be your Valentine of you want! And no, Darren, you get no say in this.