OtakuBoards

The Worlds Thread

James

[font=franklin gothic medium]I have noticed some pretty cool Worlds on theOtaku in recent months - some that I had no idea existed until I accidentally stumbled upon them.

It seems we've got Worlds for everything - from personal blogs to Japanese lessons!

So I thought it'd be cool to put up a thread where people can link to either their own Worlds, or talk about the Worlds you've found that you're really enjoying.

[url="http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/jmode"]My personal World[/url] doesn't really get updated very much, although I did spend a fair bit of time on the design. Sure, there's less flexibility here than on myOtaku, but at least now it's much harder to break your page as well!

My own World really isn't a very exciting place, other than a few small updates and musings.

So what about you? Show us your World! Then I can add some more subscriptions! :catgirl:[/font]

Yes, I seem to enjoy some handy features of the worlds... There may not be too much design flexibility, but the posting design and various features, like the breaking of pages and shortening of the post display, are handy features.

Well, as for my worlds, I got the following:
My Personal world, [URL="http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/jomz/"]The End of the Worlds[/URL], the one that gets updated most often, and contains, well, personal stuff...

My writing world, [URL="http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/wordpad"]The Worldly Wordpad[/URL], where I toss in fictions and other stuff that are either submitted for publication or just placed there for no apparent reason.

Then, lastly, my Cooperative World (also known as GuestPoster enabled World) The [URL="http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/aamr"]Anime Manga and Review World[/URL], where, along with a handful of friends in The Otaku, we share our opinions to others on what worthy Anime and Manga to grab a hold of, or those that you should stay as far away as you can from...

Yes, one of the most interesting thing that Version Vibrant has brought us is Guest Posting.. ^_^

[FONT="Garamond"]I have two worlds. I have my blog world and I have my writing world.

My blog world is full of really mundane and boring things in my life as well as things I fangirl over and the odd drunken escapade thrown in for good measure.

My writing world is full of stuff I opt for publishing as well as a few ongoing writing projects I have.

I really like Worlds because I suck at coding and design type stuff and I find that no matter what you do to your world it always looks nice and tidy =) And I love that there is the publication feature in lieu of the Articles back on myO. The guest poster feature is also really neat and has been fun with some of Sangome's world's related to the insanity of the chat.[/FONT]

I guess the world I'm most proud of is The Watercooler. #3 ranked world on theO, over 50 guest posters at last count, the launchpad for Move Sign and Anime Club. It's taken off a lot more than I ever thought it would back when I conceived it originally as a place to take the comment spamming for the podcast.

My other major world is The Who Files, with reviews and essays related to Doctor Who. There's also The Gallifrey Papers, which is meant to house my fanfiction... if I can ever get around to writing any of it. :animeswea

[FONT="Tahoma"]I really like the worlds function. Especially how you can have more than one. :catgirl: I have my personal one though I don't update it a lot. I have another one for poetry and writing prompts. I update it even less. ^^ I need to fix that.

The other one I have which really brings to home how nifty the seperate worlds function really is, is the one where I keep all the updates for new categories added to theOtaku posted.

Now that I've added just over 900 categories to theOtaku, it's really handy for helping me keep track of everything. From what was added to comments with people's requests for new stuff. [/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]I have three Worlds. I used to have a fourth world, for my writing, but since that was rarely used, I deleted it, and moved any sort of writing to my main World.

First off is my home World, the HQ of Insanity. I post about my life there. Hurr.

Second World is the Chatlogs of Doom. I made this shortly after Chat was introduced at theO, so people could post amusing and fun chatlogs. It's been lulling in recent weeks, but there's still a lot of fun things to be found there.

And last, is theOtaku's Library of Memes. Derived from the CoD, this is where people chronicle Chat's homegrown memes, explain their origins, and what they mean. Kinda like Urban Dictionary.

About the one thing I miss from Worlds that was in myO -- embedding a music player. Ever since it went from HTML to BB code, I've not been able to do that...which disappoints me since I always like having a song of the moment.[/SIZE]

I have a bunch of worlds, but I only use about 3 or 4 of them usually.

One world that I'm putting a lot of time and effort into is TeaOtaku, which is basically tea reviews by me. So far, I have about 25+ teas in possession and I reviewed most of them. More will definitely come as my tea adventures continue. I think that I used up close to 100 dollars on tea and utilities last month.

My next worlds are just places to post about what's going on in my life. My Sherblog is where I put really long and detailed posts and my Shertweets world is where I put short and simple posts that you can just breeze by. I might rename it because I copied some Twitter slang there, haha.

Well, I have two at the moment. My anime WORLD's got all sorts of info and articles on it (if you've read the 'ideal hero' article a while back, I wrote that:animesmil).

My personal blog's my outlet of expression. I use it a lot:animesmil.

I'm going to put up a shrine to my anime wife Saber soon, so then we're gonna have three.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I have three. My main blog that's about whatever I feel like posting. Though I tend to toss up posts related to moderation stuff at theOtaku too.

My second one is for fanwords. I only have one submitted though so I kind of need to work on filling that out. I have some other ideas that I haven't gotten around to writing.

The third is some of my own fiction that I've written. I need to finish posting it. It's not ready for fanwords, I have too much work to do on it. Heh.

Anyway, that's all I have. I have the option for quite a few more worlds, but so far I don't have any ideas on what I'd actually do. =P[/FONT][/COLOR]

I currently have five worlds.

Tales of the Timid which is my personal blog
Cosplayer's Realm for all things related to Cosplay
Furious Angel for all my Fanwords
Japanese 101 for well, teaching Japanese
Youtube Findings for anything I find interesting on Youtube

I only really update my personal blog because I am often times too busy to keep up with the others. The rest have potiential and I have been meaning to post on them.

Im a fanfiction writter and my world is called firefairyslair. i post my stories there. its all inuyasha right nowbut don't let that stop you from reading it. Ill probably be posting others eventually. Dont kill the writer because she likes bad anime lol:animeswea. dont get a lot of exposure to it where i live. if you would like to suggest a good anime to me let me know on my world. Educate the mindless. :animeknow

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Arial"]I have one and I rarely use it. I can never think of anything I really want to say. It is interesting to see what other members have come up with. There's one by a member called TimeChaser that seems to be a hub for informal announcements and just silly fun stuff. The WaterCooler I think. So though I personally don't use them all that much it seems like a pretty decent blogging system.

[B]Edit:[/B] And I just noticed that TimeChaser posted. lol[/FONT]