Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Okay, it's the age old question! [B]Which came first: the chicken or the egg?[/B] What is your guess? Why?

I think the egg came first! I believe that some different birds bred until they developed the chicken!

So how about you?
Posted
Well based on ones religion(Like my own) I would say the chicken. Only for the sole fact all animals were created thus to next reproduce so the chicken must of come first. but that's only an opinion.
Posted
[quote name='Haku877']Well based on ones religion(Like my own) I would say the chicken. Only for the sole fact all animals were created thus to next reproduce so the chicken must of come first. but that's only an opinion.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Precisely. Although theoretically the egg would have to be fertilized to be a chicken, so if the egg did come first, the rooster would've technically had to come first. Haha, I'm so witty.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
if the egg came first - it would have been only one chicken as a result (or a rooster if it was male). Under the assumption that it was fertilized and also by some strange circumstance that a fertilized chicken egg is lying there, it also hatches...

If that's the case, how on earth could they multiply if there's no one to reproduce with?

Same goes with the chicken statement pointed above by Raiha... ;-D
Posted
I have to say egg, though my view is similar to chibi-master's.

If evolution is true, and chickens evolved from prehistoric reptiles or aquatic creatures, chances are those creatures laid eggs. Through natural selection and genetics, the modern chicken would eventually come to be, but it would have been born from the egg to which the genetics were passed on to from whatever the parents may have been considered.
Posted
[quote name='Raiha][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Precisely. Although theoretically the egg would have to be fertilized to be a chicken, so if the egg did come first, the rooster would've technically had to come first. Haha, I'm so witty.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]And rosters don't lay eggs so by that argument you need a chicken to even lay the egg for the roster to fertilize. So you're back to square one. If religion is accurate, it would make sense that both the roster and the chicken/hen were created at the same time. But that's an opinion only, I've heard both arguments for this and in the end, part of me doesn't really care.

Though I rather like Vicky's answer. Chicken does indeed come before egg... =P
Posted
[color=#9933ff]Okay I'll jump in.

I say the egg came first because Dinosaurs came from eggs and chickens are closely related to dinosaur. Therefore by that reasoning the egg came before the chicken

Yes I know not very detailed. But you'll forgive it because you love me right?[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Precisely. Although theoretically the egg would have to be fertilized to be a chicken, so if the egg did come first, the rooster would've technically had to come first. Haha, I'm so witty.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Touche. and TwistedChick makes a good point too, who would raise it?
Posted
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]Okay I'll jump in.

I say the egg came first because Dinosaurs came from eggs and chickens are closely related to dinosaur. Therefore by that reasoning the egg came before the chicken

Yes I know not very detailed. But you'll forgive it because you love me right?[/color][/QUOTE]

Not detailed, but a good one... hahaha... yeah, eggs did come first - not necessarily chicken eggs, but eggs nonetheless... XD
Posted
I'm pretty sure God made two eggs of different sexes, who then bred after they became adults. And the chicks wouldn't have died on their own...Why would God make eggs to start a species and then just let them get killed off? He wouldn't.
Posted
[quote name='Octopus Royalty']I'm pretty sure God made two eggs of different sexes, who then bred after they became adults. And the chicks wouldn't have died on their own...Why would God make eggs to start a species and then just let them get killed off? He wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Lot's of species have been killed off. Dodos, for example.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']Lot's of species have been killed off. Dodos, for example.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]That's a lie. I saw at least six this morning alone.


....oh you mean [I]birds[/I]. Whups.


[B]Edit:[/B] Agh, I dunno. I betcha the chicken crossed the road first, though.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Lot's of species have been killed off. Dodos, for example.[/color][/QUOTE]
Yeah but they were killed off AFTER God gave man dominion over the animals. It was our responsibility to take care of them and we blew it.
Posted
[quote name='Octopus Royalty']Yeah but they were killed off AFTER God gave man dominion over the animals. It was our responsibility to take care of them and we blew it.[color=deeppink][/QUOTE]

So there [I]is[/I] a reason god would create a species and then let them get killed off? So... he would?

Now, it's my understanding that Genesis states that the animals and man were created on the same day. That doesn't even give the eggs time to hatch before humans have dominion over the animals. According to your logic here, God was protecting those two eggs for [i]maybe[/i] a couple of hours before it was up to ole' Adam and Eve to care for them.[/color]


[quote=Allamorph]That's a lie. I saw at least six this morning alone.


....oh you mean birds. Whups.[color=deeppink][/quote]

All dodos are extinct, man, whether it be bird, fish, dog, or human. You must have seen their descendants, the Nincompoops.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Octopus Royalty']Yeah but they were killed off AFTER God gave man dominion over the animals. It was our responsibility to take care of them and we blew it.[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]
Tell that to the ASPCA. Their whole job is to stop Animal Cruelty. Or how about those lovely folks at PETA? I'm sure they'd throw some red paint around to get their point.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Octopus Royalty']I'm pretty sure God made two eggs of different sexes, who then bred after they became adults. And the chicks wouldn't have died on their own...Why would God make eggs to start a species and then just let them get killed off? He wouldn't.[/quote]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]But the same can be said about this. What if God created just two adults to start off with, as he did with Adam and Eve? I'm pretty sure that God didn't create Embryos first, because that would be a waste...ce n'est pas? The thing is, unless we were there...it was hard to say what came first. This argument has been beat to death with no real conclusion to be drawn. I'll guess we'll have to wait until time travel comes out of the fictitious realm and becomes a reality.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Lot's of species have been killed off. Dodos, for example.[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Which being birds, came from eggs. Meaning that the egg still came before the chicken.

Fish eggs anyone?[/color]
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']Don't you mean "sea kitten"?:p (Yeah, yeah, we all saw that coming...)[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]SEA KITTEN EGGS?! What kind of freak eats sea kitten eggs?

Yes, we did all see that comming. But I tried my best to avoid it.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]SEA KITTEN EGGS?! What kind of freak eats sea kitten eggs?

Yes, we did all see that comming. But I tried my best to avoid it.[/color][/QUOTE]

Hey, you suggested it, not me!:animesmil

And did you really believe you could avoid it? Ah, silly, silly you.:p
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
The egg can't be laid before the chicken, the chicken can't be without first hacthing from an an egg. I think the simplest and most reasonable explanation, God made it, is the most realistic and feasable. Ockham's razor, anyone?

I mean, chicken and the egg, how does it evolve like that?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...