OtakuBoards

Feeding, nappies... and PlayStation

Rachmaninoff

I know this one is a bit... o_O But reading it kind just made my eyes pop a bit. I know kids are getting sexually involved at younger ages but... thirteen?

[URL="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2238252.ece"][U]Feeding, nappies... and PlayStation[/U][/URL]

Anyway, if you skipped the article basically, this thirteen year old kid got some fifteen year old girl pregnant and now they have a kid. The father looks like he's eight. I know I shouldn't be surprised but seriously, I can't imagine kids that young being ready to be parents. You know that their parents are going to be the one taking care of them and the newest addition to the family.

So I'm curious, does anyone here think that someone that young can actually be ready to be a parent? I personally don't. I think no thirteen year old has the mental maturity to be an adult when they themselves are still a kid.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think that at that age you should be having a child. Along with it ruins your childhood, it comes along with responsibility and at age 13/15 i don't think thats too ready. 16/17 are easier but its still not right.

A child is a special thing which you should save for marriage and the one you love (Plus it doesn't seem like the kids should be old enough to handle it, i mean he gave an interview while on a PlayStation!) Now-a-Days generations are getting worse and worse, I remember when i was as young there want a lot of electronics and stuff like that. It seemed simple.

What has the world gone too?

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]When I was thirteen I was kicking boys my age in the shins and running around with braces and my first brassiere.

This kid's life is now effectively ruined. Oh yes, and that fifteen year old floozie cheated on him like six times with other boys his age. So who knows if he's actually the father or not? He's not only a thirteen year old with the 'responsibilities' of parenthood, he's also dating a cheating skank. Congratulations.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]This kid's life is now effectively ruined. Oh yes, and that fifteen year old floozie cheated on him like six times with other boys his age. So who knows if he's actually the father or not? He's not only a thirteen year old with the 'responsibilities' of parenthood, he's also dating a cheating skank. Congratulations.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Funny you should mention that since there's going to be a DNA test:

[URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/02/16/2009-02-16_alfie_patten_the_13yearold_british_daddy.html"][U]Alfie Patten, the 13-year-old British daddy, taking DNA test to prove he's the father[/U][/URL]

If it turns out to be someone else... that's gonna bite.[QUOTE=Ace][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This is nothing. I remember this kid on [I]Maury[/I] who had a baby despite "not having sex since she was ten."

Oh, damn. Did I just admit to once watching Maury?[/FONT][/QUOTE]You did, congrats. lol

Wow... This makes me feel so much better about hating boys! And that I'm taking Karate, am usually very intimidating, and will NEVER drink! This means that I probably won't be raped or have consentual sex (not until I'm out of college for the last one, though.).

Well, this seems like a nice kick in the face for those two stupid, stupid teens. I hope they put the kid up for adoption, they don't seem like they should be raising a kid. But then, neither should ANYONE those ages.

[quote name='That Second Article There']A paternity test can prove he is indeed the father of little Maisie Roxanne. "So, if I have that, they can all shut up," he said.[/quote]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Yep. Definitely ready for parenthood. [IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/Obviousavatar.png?t=1234937000[/IMG][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Ace][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Yep. Definitely ready for parenthood. [IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/Obviousavatar.png?t=1234937000[/IMG'][/FONT][/quote]That's what I was thinking. o_O Man, talk about messed up. The idea of having a relationship with anyone isn't something that I think of and I'm sixteen! The idea of being a parent that young is something that baffles me.

No matter what the kids or anyone else says, there is no way they're ready. The very fact that they'll have to rely on their own parents to not only live with and pay for everything, is proof of that. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]I've been keeping up with this story. Mostly because it's all over the newspapers around here (and I only read newspapers for the comics or humourous singles pages).

There's complaints about the level of sex education but I don't think it's that at all. There's no morals around anymore, pretty much, so you get groups of people (parents and kids) running around sharing that with everyone else. Eventually the influence spreads to the nice people and nice kids - you know, it's like hearing about sex from the bad boy next door and thinking it's all right. I don't know. I know exactly what I mean, I just can't explain it properly. Though I don't think the kid's mother is nice...

But I'm pretty damn certain it's not sex education.

It also makes me [i]so[/i] proud to be British.[/size]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This is nothing. I remember this kid on [I]Maury[/I] who had a baby despite "not having sex since she was ten."

Oh, damn. Did I just admit to once watching Maury?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]AHAHAHAHAHAHA

[spoiler]...I watch it too sometimes.[/spoiler]

But yeah. It's a sick, sick story...but to be completely honest, I'm not surprised in the slightest. It's just the decay of our society. [Or theirs. Either or.]

[quote name='"chibi-master"']Wow... This makes me feel so much better about hating boys![/quote]

To be fair, they are both equally at fault here. Not like she was raped. Though I agree with you nonetheless. :P [strike]I love you all though[/strike][/SIZE]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]

But yeah. It's a sick, sick story...but to be completely honest, I'm not surprised in the slightest. It's just the decay of our society. [Or theirs. Either or.]
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1]It's a bit too harsh to call it's sick. It's a sad story but no one knows how this is going to turn out. They could be good parents, they might not be. You have to remember all this information is from a [i]newspaper[/i] - I've read stories that glorify the boy and stories that make him out to be a monster. Truth is, none of us know him, or his girlfriend, or probably even the truth - they've got support, benefits and at least they didn't get an abortion, so it's not [i]really[/i] that sick since it's not even played out yet.[/size]

[font=trebuchet ms]
[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This is nothing. I remember this kid on [I]Maury[/I] who had a baby despite "not having sex since she was ten."

Oh, damn. Did I just admit to once watching Maury?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[YOUTUBE="My friends and I quote this ALL THE TIME"]UcUvgRi4Y7A[/YOUTUBE]

All I can think of to say is that their lives are sort of ruined and if I got pregnant now as a 19-year-old my parents would effectively beat me bloody. lol [/font]

[quote name='chibi-master']I don't need an excuse to dislike boys (Let me guess, you're a boy?). Plus, not liking them means I won't be screwing around and getting pregnant with one.[/QUOTE]

[size=1]I used to say that too.

I went out with a few boys then turned to the light. Never slept with a boy even though I went out with a good few, and you know, it was still quite fun. I wouldn't knock it and believe me, you won't have the same opinion in a few years, haha.

You don't have to avoid boys because you don't want to get pregnant. There's a lot of middle aged women out there without children who've probably been there and done that.[/size]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]You don't have to avoid boys because you don't want to get pregnant.[/size][/QUOTE]

That's not entirely the reason. See, most boys irritate me to no end. Thus, I dislike them. A lot. I'm sure my opinion will change eventually, but for now, I DON'T LIKE THEM. And I wish people would get off my back about it.:animesigh

[quote name='chibi-master']I don't need an excuse to dislike boys (Let me guess, you're a boy?). Plus, not liking them means I won't be screwing around and getting pregnant with one.[/QUOTE]

Never said that you needed one. I suppose that I was initially under the belief that you were implying it was the boy's fault in the article. Perhaps I misunderstood?

[quote name='Kisaoda']Never said that you needed one. I suppose that I was initially under the belief that you were implying it was the boy's fault in the article. Perhaps I misunderstood?[/QUOTE]

Oh no! I'm not implying that at all! I'm very sorry for the confusion!:animeswea I was implying that because I disliked boys, it was unlikely that I would have consentual sex with one and become impregnated!

[FONT="Tahoma"]My first thought upon seeing this is... they are way too young to be having kids. o_O My second thought is that I find it sad. There are so many places where the lines of communication could have broken down. Their parents, school, friends, etc. In the end, I agree with the sentiment that they can't possibly be ready for this.

At this stage, one can only hope they get enough support from family that it doesn't totally mess up their lives. And having said that... I'm shaking my head and going... jeez. [/FONT]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Hey Chibi I have something to tell you:

[CENTER]Sex is bad, child birth is worse!
[/CENTER]

Finally! America is not the most screwed up nation! Wee!:animeswea

That said I would love to know what they're teaching in those schools where a thirteen year old is becoming a parent along with a fifteen year old and the both of them look like a brother and sister act gone horridly wrong (his mum looks like she's had too many rough nights with a bottle, but that's only my opinion.)

Seriously did it not occure to the parents that maybe they should check up on the kids and explain about sex?

Yeah I'm stunned and my thoughts aren't making much sense. I do appologize. But why instead of putting a strain on the government and putting their education in jeopardy why don't the parents try to help the kids put the baby (who looks to be about the size of dad) up for adoption. I'm sure there are pleanty of families in the UK waiting to adopt a baby and it'd be in much better hands than with these kids.[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]It's a bit too harsh to call it's sick. It's a sad story but no one knows how this is going to turn out. They could be good parents, they might not be. You have to remember all this information is from a [i]newspaper[/i] - I've read stories that glorify the boy and stories that make him out to be a monster. Truth is, none of us know him, or his girlfriend, or probably even the truth - they've got support, benefits and at least they didn't get an abortion, so it's not [i]really[/i] that sick since it's not even played out yet.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I never said they wouldn't be good parents, they very well could be, and no we don't know who they are...but the idea of a thirteen year old [that looks like he's EIGHT, no less] impregnating a girl just squicks me. Just a tad.[/SIZE]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva]Finally! America is not the most screwed up nation! Wee!:animeswea[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Don't worry. [url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/apr/10/usa?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront][u][color=blue]UK has nothing on US[/color][/u][/url].[/size]

[quote name='Boo'][size=1]Don't worry. [url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/apr/10/usa?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront][u][color=blue]UK has nothing on US[/color][/u][/url].[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Yeah, you have no idea how much I know that most of the country is screwed up [spoiler]my daughter's step-mother takes her 13 year old to get her vajayjay waxed them lets her buy thongs at Victoria's Secret[/spoiler] So yeah, I've no doubt that we're a very messed up nation in need of better health care and better sex education. But I was just over joyed to learn that this story wasn't from central Texas.[/color][/font][/size]

I feel like I'm trolling my own thread here, but I couldn't help but get a laugh out of these when I came across them. o_O In the end I do feel sorry for them though.

[CENTER][IMG]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/17/128793627086606406.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/17/128793615619778826.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]